Libre 2019 Eau de Parfum

Libre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Suzanne Dalton
Libre (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesNeroliNeroli
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan orange blossom absoluteMoroccan orange blossom absolute
French lavenderFrench lavender
Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
CedarCedar
AmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk

Submitted by KatharinaG, last update on 15.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Dua Lipa.

You smell good
But you smell good, said my husband and the next day I got a bottle of Libre as a gift. ( does not happen often, he does not like perfume)
This fragrance is shaping up to be my new favorite. I love cool, elegant fragrances and so is he.I have not wanted to test him for a long time because I actually do not like lavender, but here the lavender blends in harmoniously and prevents the vanilla from becoming too sweet.
Libre lasts 7 - 8 hours with me, I wear him at any time and occasion, he lifts my self-confidence.
I'm thrilled.
5.5
Anni2108
Libre and I unfortunately did not become friends
This fragrance has been on my wish list for a very long time. I have tested it often in the perfumery and also smelled at girlfriends.
In addition, I find the bottle with the black and gold details very noble and appealing.

Ultimately, I got Libre then for Christmas as a gift.

I do not know why to this day, but when I had sprayed him the first time from his own bottle I was disappointed ?.
The fragrance was suddenly much too strong, too intense for me. I have given him a chance and him about 2 months worn (not daily) but at some point I noticed that he gives me a headache. ? Even if I dose him low.

Therefore, I have sold him
Cool lavender
Me and Libre was difficult at first. Why, I do not know.

Yet it is so bright, fresh, special and insanely modern.

Orange blossom and neroli is actually not so my case. Often it is much too strong and dense for me.

But in Libre it is not oppressive, but fresh and radiant. Whether that is due to the combination with the wonderful crested lavender and the dreamy jasmine, I do not know.

At the beginning, a beautifully fruity top note delights me, which does not stay that way for very long but is simply a dream.
What then follows is for me but much, much nicer.

A dream lavender that just smells sooo fantastic that I'm absolutely in seventh heaven.

Libre is somehow most of the time cool, refreshing, intoxicating and above all good mood making.

It really fills the room, by the way. The sillage is insane. The durability good at 7-8h.
If then 6h are around, he actually becomes a bit warm, cuddly and tame. A bit like Mon Guerlain. Even if he has nothing in common with him before, in my opinion.

Do I wear Libre I feel incredibly self-confident, strengthened and happy, yes "free".

I can not understand the criticism of this fragrance, unfortunately. He is not at all "arbitrary", "boring" or even "0815".
He is for me a very special feel-good fragrance and is one of my favorites.
More appearance than reality
I had very high expectations for this fragrance and got it relatively late.

Everywhere I read positive reviews how great the fragrance is etc.
Unfortunately, that has my expectation so screwed up that I was somewhat disappointed.
The perfume is good; no question.

However, I imagined something more unique under it.

It smells classy but has something of 0815 for me. I would have liked more unique selling proposition with such a hype.

The fragrance is what for women in the business age.

Muckelina
Sweet and noble, the fragrance and the bottle
As is often the case, I was sent a sample.
At the beginning, the fragrance is very very sweet, which I first found a bit off-putting because I do not like too sweet fragrances.
But he had to be tested, if he is already there;)
And that was also good, because the fragrance develops pretty quickly and then the floral notes are very balanced and no longer so screaming sweet.
The vanilla and the musk stand out in the further course already very much, the whole makes the fragrance seductive and somehow noble. Like a pretty lady, on the way to the opera ball. This then also fits the bottle, which looks with its shape and the black and gold accents, just as noble.
The shelf life is 6-7 hours in which he is also perceptible to others. Much longer, however, not.
3.5
But rather the "Intense"
Have Libre/EDP now tested several times (worn) but unfortunately I still do not like him. He develops somehow unharmonious on my skin, or let's say: This composition somehow does not fit, smells funny, strange.
There is nothing that I can smell out individually. That's why I can't say what "ingredient(s)" bother me about this fragrance. But I can say that it seems very artificial, like there's some bug spray wafting in the background. It's also not exceptional, a one-size-fits-all somehow.

I tried it, Libre and I, it just doesn't fit. Above descriptions are based solely on my personal taste. However, one or the other might like it.

I will not be testing Libre any further. I am looking forward to the Libre Intense, however. This warm beautiful harmonious fragrance will possibly and hopefully someday move in with me.
The orchid with vanilla
Admittedly, it was love at second sniff.

I was looking for a vanilla fragrance and stood at the Tom Ford shelf. Since piloted me the nice saleswoman to this perfume, which was just new on the market.

At first it was much too heavy, too opulent for me.... So not at all the sillage I prefer.... Simply space-occupying...

But the longer I wore it the more often my nose wanted to go back to my arm and smell again.... So really an opinion I had not... I found it much too intense but still I could not stop sniffing...the longer I wore the fragrance the more subtle it became.... A vanilla orchid...So I bought it and have not regretted it....for me a fragrance on which you must have desire...if you dose it sparingly in the cold season, it is perfect for going out.... However, in my opinion, nothing for the office... The sillage is just insanely intense....
Who likes flowers and vanilla I should test...
Alien meets Mon Guerlain
We all perceive fragrances differently. A wonderful example is (in my case) the comparison between Ariana Grande's "Cloud" and "Baccarat Rouge 540". Some say the similarity between the two scents is startling, but I hardly notice it. I'm sure other "perfumos" will feel the same way when they read this comment here.

What I have been looking forward to this day. Yesterday, a sample package reached me and I could finally test "Libre" for the first time. 2 sprays on the clothes and one on the hand - the first impression? Jasmine, amber, a rather strong sillage, rather cool- that seems very familiar to me. "Alien!". Yes, "Libre" reminds me of "Alien." However, this does not mean that it is a dupe. "Alien" is sweeter, a bit more full-bodied, and has an even stronger sillage. "Libre" smells to me more like the scent could be a flanker of the "Alien" series. The lavender note is definitely present and adds a slightly masculine touch. However, the vanilla ensures that it doesn't develop too harshly. That said, "Libre" is by no means warm or overly sweet. Despite the stronger projection, you can definitely wear it in warmer weather. Incidentally, the lavender note also evokes an association in me: "Mon Guerlain". However, apart from this one note, "Mon Guerlain" is then very different. Much sweeter and more romantic. No, "Alien" is the fragrance that exudes a comparable aura. In terms of durability, they are also comparable - they last all day. Still unsure if I need "Libre" in my collection as "Alien" gives me a similar feeling. I love them both. But I will aufjedenfall once try the Intense version, because this is to show again completely different facets of "Libre"
Radarlocke01
What are you doing to me?
Libre I had not at all on the screen as a possible purchase candidate. But a former colleague with whom I still meet regularly raved "the fragrance suits you". So I have struck as he was on sale. Blind purchase, once again.

It was early November when I got my package. Immediately unpacked and tried.

In the beginning, I found the fragrance also very nice. Tangerine, orange blossom, lavender and jasmine finely interwoven. Great! I let my husband sniff " yes, not bad, fits you". Great, no objections from the hubby.

But the longer I had the perfume on it, the worse my mood became. I noticed how it grumbled at every little thing in me. I usually do not know that at all. Am actually a cheerful nature and know bad mood only from others. At the time, however, I was not yet clear that Libre me the mood verhagelt.

I wore Libre at regular intervals again and again, I like the scent. But after the fourth or fifth time wearing I realized that I am very easily irritable on days with Libre. That was a day in the middle of December, and since then I no longer wore Libre.

Today I sprayed Libre again to say goodbye. Tomorrow I want/wanted to give it to my girlfriend. The scent is even nicer than I remembered. This time I also still perceive the vanilla and musk. They hadn't shown up on me at all during the winter. Sprayed Libre on 4 hours ago and am still totally relaxed. Zero irritation, thankfully : )). But what am I going to do with you now? Are you suitable for me only in warmer temperatures?

I have decided that you can stay with me for now. But if you make me yet again "angry" you fly out!
Gabriela Sabatini 2.0
I have admittedly received the fragrance only as a sample. The description sounded nice, so blindly sprayed on the hair.
My first thought was, "Oh, you know this one". And there it was in my mind's eye: me, as a child, holding mum's hand. Her, with her fine blonde streaks in her dark hair, us walking through the cool city. Mama wearing a broad-shouldered coat of wool with a wide waist belt. A Hollywood star to me. And she always smelled so good. But it was Gabriela Sabatini who made her smell so nice. A quick comparison says: similarities are there.
Whether I get it to me, as quasi Sabatini 2.0 remains but questionable, even if it reminds me of good times

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Extremely femininine but not "shouted" bouquet : The neroli note is soft, round, warm, not too vibrant. A good balanced classy daily scent

Für Fresh:  Verschleiß
by Caramella07
by Liebmausdana
by Liebmausdana

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent