Libre 2019Eau de Parfum

Libre (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Suzanne Dalton
Libre (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesNeroli, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan orange blossom absolute, French lavender, Jasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Cedar, Ambergris, Musk

Submitted by KatharinaG, last update on 25.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Dua Lipa.

Scherbelini
first cool and fresh, then vanilla
great great great scent, the first time spraying I did not like him at all, the second time he has blown me so that I HAD to buy him! :) first he is quite cool, actually I'm rather so the oriental-warm wearer ... BUT after the initial coolness it swings then into the warm and vanilla, a really great made vanilla as I find, very gentle and stylish and not too sweet. I love the fragrance very much, since Christmas my 30ml bottle has already shrunk by a third.... Can only recommend it so far, especially as a fragrance that you can easily wear every day. He is what special and I find this swing from cool to warm impressive!
0.5

Sometimes they return....
Nothing new, just a rendition of a perfume very popular during the 90s - and that's the vibe more mature people can get from it.

This could actually be a dupe of Dolce & Gabbana - BY (try to believe!). Same soapish, bitter and cold notes - like in a lavender soap bar. Very boring and unpleasant, and surely distinctive because of that.

Three decades gone by since, but I remember how D&G was received, and wore everywhere. In Italy you could smell it at every corner, this how mass pleasing it was. Not that being mass pleasing it's a bad thing - think of Hypnotic Poison, for example, or Light Blue (again, one D&G creation) which took European women imaginary, and every corner around them, by storm. But here, for me, it is indeed bad. I remember dislking this type of scent very much, and running for cover as for dear life each time the whiff came my way - which was very often! I spent years running to avoid gagging in pubblic.

The first time I caught a whiff of Libre was at the office, on a colleague. Immediately, my mind was zapped back to the 90s, images of wintery Florence dressed up for Xmas, and D&G lingering literally everywhere. My stomach churned, and I had to leave the space right away.

It is surely a novelty for younger generation, used to the fruitchulies and woodyrose gourmand which filled the market since. But to someone my age, this is a reminder of how in time things can come back in fashion. Even when they are so bad that they should have never been in fashion to begin with.
Onto the notes, too much is going on here, and definitely not in a pleasant way. The bitter, screetchy soapy note is a rather unnatural scent in this world. Lavender, petit grain and vanilla being at war with each other for dominance. They duel, one hit at a time, none of them ever winning. It's the equivalent of a nasty cat fight, rather unimpressive if not for the wrong reasons. Too loud and intrusive to be polite enough for the office, or a dinner, so for love of good manners keep it for your dates ladies... (!)

My dislike for this kind of scents has not decreased with ageing. If anything, Libre brought back to memory how strong it could be.

It's a 3 out of 10 from me, for this unimpressive dupe.
Ladolcenilla
Memories of a carefree time
The fragrance takes about 15 minutes on my skin to develop the heart note, which reminds my nose very much of Chopard (this fragrance in the heart bottle). At the base, from a distance, so if I don't hold my nose directly over the spray, it reminds me a bit of the sweet and watery D&G The One. Only with much, much, much more spice in it. I can't say for sure if I'm right about this. When I received this scent sample from Libre today, I immediately had memories from 2006. Football World Cup, public viewing, party, first job and I wore Chopard this summer. Bought from my first salary. I associate the scent with all this, at least. It's funny these memories of contact with many people, celebrations etc. And now back to the lockdown total retreat with Libre.
May the next year be better for all of us!
Love at second sight.
First of all: I like the smell. It's extraordinary and definitely not a 0 8 15 perfume
However, the scent (in my opinion) is not easy. I had to test it 2-3 times until I decided to buy it.
Sometimes I love him and "feel" the scent. Other days it's too spicy, too peculiar, too distinctive... hard to describe. On those days I need something soft :)
Uniq13
Nice...can be worn from time to time
The scent is nice, but not particularly. At first I smell a mixture of sweet tangerines and oranges. After a few minutes I also notice jasmine. I cannot smell lavender or vanilla. The fragrance also has a note that reminds me of a deodorant spray from the 90s ....maybe Impulse or AXE?!
Miieenchen
...the longevity of the fragrance leaves something to be desired
So I have to tell you honestly, that the fragrance is really appealing to me, the flacon is also very appealing but unfortunately the fragrance is not at all long-lasting. I have the feeling that as soon as I spray myself with the perfume, the scent is already gone again.... how can that be? Well, I can not answer it unfortunately. It is in any case very, very sad, because this fragrance has real potential
4.5
Machica
Sweet and fruity 0815 Bah!
The scent starts very sweet and flowery, but for me it's too much of a good thing.
Something fruity I perceive only slightly in the background. Altogether simply very flowery. After the top note has disappeared, it becomes slightly creamier. In summary, however, extremely synthetic mixture with a 0815 DNA that you have smelled so often somehow, somewhere, sometime. You can't talk about "libre" here, because you won't stay "libre" of headaches with such a sweet synthetic paste. I don't like it!
Freedom, I mean...
First of all: it is not a fragrance for women, but in my opinion a unisex fragrance. A fragrance between past and present. Familiar and yet wonderfully new. In the daytime, the prelude with tangerine and lavender is very pleasing. It reminds me a little of ZINO Davidoff and a little further on of Beau de Jour. That's what lavender does, but I don't necessarily think it has masculine qualities. I love it and I think that's the way many women feel. As I now read, this type of lavender is called DIVA, wonderful. Divas are available for women and men... :-)

As it progresses, it appears straight, I feel good and strong when I smell it. A certain elegance can be felt. For me, freedom is always accompanied by rebellion, which I miss. But what does it matter if the scent pleases I like the composition and it is one of the few women's scents I wear.

Durability incredible !!
I've never smelled anything like that before and I'm brave enough to say that there's nothing like it at the moment. There are a lot of scents where I have been said to have smelled or something like that, but this one *.* ...

If I had to describe the fragrance..hmm warm and sweet minimal floral but not you imagine it ..not 0815 ..you have to smell it Reminds me also a little bit of sun cream but in a special way
The durability is awesome!! Smells the whole day, and after bathing I still had it on my skin... and the clothes smell even more so, one of my jeans jackets smelled for 2 weeks as if freshly sprayed on.

So I guess that's another scent you love or hate... you just have to decide for yourself, you shouldn't buy blind.
Companion for the spring
Until now I kept my distance to this fragrance all the time, this is because of the note lavender.
Some of you probably already know that I don't like this note herbaceous (masculine).
Nevertheless, I overcame myself to test it.

When I refuel, I immediately notice the tangerine, it's so beautiful A few seconds later, lavender appears.
She's beautiful too Nothing herbaceous or masculine.
It's soft and cuddly My first thought when I smelled tangerine and lavender together was "Wow, what a great combination" (I have never tasted this combination before).
The scent is sweet right from the start, but not sticky.
I'm going to see orange blossom one of these days And bang, there it is, the beautiful vanilla I find Libre beautiful at the beginning, and this does not change in the course of the fragrance.
Once the fragrance has made itself comfortable on my skin for some time, it is for me an orange blossom-lavender-vanilla-mix.
Tangerine accompanies him perfectly.
This great fragrance is underlined by the other notes.
I would describe it as orange-flowery (I don't think this word exists :D), aromatic, a little citrusy & slightly fresh, vanilla, sweet (but not sticky), a little fruity, minimally powdery and slightly creamy.

This fragrance accompanies me all day, so I find the durability super.

Libre is a perfect spring companion for me In the summer I honestly don't see him, I think he would be too much for me Or maybe on a hot summer day he would be too much for me On cooler summer days or in the evening it would also be something fine.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Extremely femininine but not "shouted" bouquet : The neroli note is soft, round, warm, not too vibrant. A good balanced classy daily scent

Für Fresh:  Verschleiß
by Liebmausdana
by Caramella07
by Caramella07

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - 24 Rue de L'Université by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent