Libre 2020 Eau de Parfum Intense

Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) by Yves Saint Laurent
Bottle Design Suzanne Dalton
Top 81 in Women's Perfume
Libre (Eau de Parfum Intense) is a popular perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orangeMandarin orange BergamotBergamot French lavenderFrench lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavenderLavender Jasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute OrchidOrchid Moroccan orange blossom absoluteMoroccan orange blossom absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla VetiverVetiver AmbergrisAmbergris Venezuelan tonka bean absoluteVenezuelan tonka bean absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Dua Lipa.

Long lasting
OG Libre and Libre Intense are STRONG, you don’t need much, but they are lovely.
Very similar to each other, the intense version is a bit more powdery and sweeter with a lot of vanilla in the drydown, and more suitable for colder weather.
I get lavender, vanilla, florals and musk and the citrus is mostly just in the opening.
Really love them, not sure witch one I prefer but I love them both.
Where have you been?
Many articles, texts, stories and also reviews have the year 2020 and the pandemic in their prelude.
We were all in it, after all, and yes, it affected us all.

My life, my routine away from work consisted of movies on Wednesdays, going out to eat on Fridays, drinking coffee, cooking together and the gym.
Week in, week out. Stuck days. Everyday life.

And then there I sat, mid-March, and the routine ended. Suddenly.
Like in a book or a movie.
The world stood still.
People full of fear and worry, even more than usual.
I heard and read of terrible fates.
Uncertainty.
But also from the other side.
Of great stories. People who found themselves again.
Of dolphins in Venice. Clubhouse. Nature.
Together... somehow. All together.
For a moment at least.

And I was home.
A little bit alone. A little bit lonely.
Just me and Wauwau.
Went through cupboards, drawers and compartments.
Found mostly more than I wanted, including samples of scents from the last few years.
Oh, something new from the designer.
That can go.
Have I but for years nothing more found what I liked so that it would have gotten more attention with me.
Comes in the box at the family and friends may help themselves.
Not at all. Come on, once still try.
Libre by Yves Saint Laurent.
From the house I always kind of liked everything.
And Cinema sort of runs in my veins.
Libre, however, had not pleased me "then" when testing, "outside".
So incidentally quickly sprayed on the forearm.

Intense.
This small addition I have actually overread.
And if Libre Intense were a light, it would have blinded me at that moment like a spotlight in the dark of night.

What is that?
So warm.
So peaceful.
So beautiful it almost hurts?
So many memories without knowing each other? Like the best borrowed from different Guerlains I love.
So Emotional.
A hug, an intimate one, a tight one.
From someone you like.
Of love or of mum.
I am more than impressed. Instantly in love.

Where the regular version captures the walk in the fresh, springtime colorful park, but was too fresh and bright for me,
the Intense version is the evening cuddling by the fireplace. More warmth, less tangy. More elegant, not so cheeky.
More beautiful instead of more modern.
More intentional than accidental.
Sort of.

That time, which was actually once again
was bad, that showed me what I could change, also made me see things that need to stay that way because they are good the way they are.
Which people are rightly with me, in my life, my heart and in my memories.
This time has also proven to me again what a fragrance can do. I don't want to talk about power but when my emotional world is manipulated one way or the other, I am amazed and in this case also grateful.
These few sprays have done me good.
Changed my mood.
Made me feel embraced.
Made the moment better.
Yet it's just a fragrance... yes, it's that simple in the end.

Of course, it went straight to me and when Cinema has gone, Libre Intense will stay for a long time.
I hope so.
Ok? - and woe is me if he doesn't, Mr Laurent.
Cuddly Soft
There are few fragrances that won immediately on first impression. Libre Intense had me immediately. Hardly had the soft lavender vanilla note surrounded me, I knew, you and I, we belong together. Rarely have I felt so captivated, so warmly secure yet sensually free. It starts immediately with classic lavender, but not scratchy, it's sun-warm. And it continues in the same way. The vanilla paired with tonka make it all round and make it feel like you're surrounded by a sunny blanket of coziness. The orange blossom stays subtly in the background, letting the lavender make its appearance. I don't care if it's mainstream or anything else. I think I'm incredibly fond of it, and even my perfume-muffin of a husband thinks it's great.
Maybe I'll also test Mon Guerlain Intense. That is supposed to be similar. And then the two may rise together with me the sun.
Fine vanilla
For me one of the best vanilla fragrances. I find it hardly comparable with the original Dear fragrance, because it is very sweet-floral and not citrusy. I'm particularly impressed with the longevity: I have jackets that still smell like the scent after weeks! I love the great vanilla that develops after a few hours out. For me, a great scent when I go out and want to feel classy. Not for people who don't like it too sweet though
Elenasmom
What is long lasting is finally good
December 2019: Advertising everywhere for a new fragrance, "Libre" by Yves Saint Laurent. Didn't the L. get shoes from a famous German singer with his logo as heel? They must have been expensive, on top of that the heel looked very fragile, but also kind of cool. Yeah no, but I don't need the fragrance, I have way too much anyway. And the advertising is also unimaginative, there's cooler.

A few days later: a sample of "Libre" lands in the shopping basket, back when you were allowed to shop and sniff perfumes without a mask. Oh no, I don't like "La vie est belle" either, and I get samples of that all the time, will it be the same here? But well, no harm in trying. Sprayed on, waiting. Yes ne, cold, lavender, somehow boring, I do not like.

January 2021: Ah ok, the "Libre" is now also available as an intense version, well, won't be any different.
A few days later: a sample was enclosed in a package. Put away, have no time to test. In the evening, baby sleeps: ok, I'll try it, sprayed on, waited. Puuuhhh, quite strong, the original was by far lighter. But it's also the intense version. Scent pyramid googled, sounds all quite nice. But I do not need.
The whole night blew me a strong, but not unpleasant scent of lavender, vanilla and spicy tonka bean. The next morning, the scent was still on my arm, madness. There's something about it, and it's really strong. Too strong, the crushes me almost.

April 2021: Baby falls asleep in the car on the way home at the worst possible time. The husband suggests, I could go rummage again in the big M, he drives in the meantime another round, must test out the new chassis anyway. I, totally excited and drunk with happiness, still half strapped in, storm out of the car and into the shop. Determined to the perfume shelf and in my mind went through the watch list and blithely sprayed on it. Driven by the time pressure, that any minute a WhatsApp could come with the info that baby demands the mommy, I suddenly stood in front of the YSL fragrances. And there it was again, Libre intense. Should I or shouldn't I? Bravely grabbed the really pretty bottle with dark yellow contents and sprayed it on the back of my left hand. Uagh, it smells completely different from the sample! Heavy, sultry, warm, floral and oriental, I almost feel sick. Escape with my booty (a body spray of Victorias secret) to the cash register, there comes me already the husband with baby towards.
In the evening: I hold Elena's dad both arms under the nose, 2 fragrances per arm and let him sniff through. He finds two goofy, one medium, and one best. You guessed it, Libre intense. Now, a few hours later the scent has lost a bit of its heaviness, but still the lavender is well present, along with other florals and vanilla it reminds me of my beloved Mon guerlain intense, but Libre intense is again a bit heavier, more confident and somehow provocative, yet feminine and emotive at the same time. The tonka bean, which I love, is incorporated exceptionally elegantly, and at the same time it gives the scent a certain twist and prevents it from drifting too oriental. You have to be really careful with the dosage, the haut purely, 2 sprays are enough completely, one tuts also, and me blows a great, spicy warm lavendeliger (is that even a word? Rather not :-D) fragrance with a certain depth.
A few days later: Libre intense is already in the shopping cart, but the last purchase incentive is still missing. Suddenly, an email: new souk offer for libre intense found! Looked, smiled, Parfuma written to, got the surcharge, since today mine. All's well that ends well. And the bottle is really beautiful!
The "Good Girl" has grown up
I observe with my nose the phenomenon that I like the "Intense" variants of a fragrance usually so much better than their originals. This is probably because the Intense variants are often "rounded", by tonka bean, vanilla or other "cuddlers".
With the Libre EdP I could not understand the hype so at all, soapy, synthetic and boring I found him.

The reviews on the Libre Intense suggested that he goes in a completely different direction and was the clear winner compared to the normal variant. I ordered me in the Souk first a 2 ml filling and after a few days of testing, a 90 ml bottle. Great love, I join my Voredner:innen!

The fragrance is soft and sensual, slightly tart and at first sniff I could actually imagine him even on a man. It becomes more "vanilla" as it goes on in a caressing way that is neither scratchy nor synthetic. The lavender wraps around you like a blanket and I don't notice the citrus at all!

I often get headaches from present fragrances, not with this perfume :) The H+S is awesome, 2 sprays are absolutely enough and last 10 hrs+. I would not declare him as Ausgehduft, I can not in the current situation :D I wear him in all situations with pleasure. Since he is very space-filling, he could be many in the office and everyday life "too much". For me, the fragrance is the adult Good Girl of CH, a little more elegant and matured, but just as sexy!

I like it when I perceive fragrances even after hours on myself, these ,,Oh that smells good!"-moments gives me YSL Libre Intense distributed throughout the day and that's why I'm grateful to have found him :)
Sexyyyy
I can give the previous speaker only right! When I tested Libre at the time, I was also bothered by this citrusy, soapy note. Libre Intense I discovered at my work colleague and the fragrance has blown me away, but I felt him on her as not suitable. Libre Intense is a fragrance that rounds out the charisma of a confident woman. Even though it's a mainstream fragrance, I don't think that every woman can wear it. The lavender is smoky-dirty, the vanilla creamy and sweet enough to not seem too masculine. A wonderful party/date/leather jacket scent for evenings. Which I can also see it working well in the office, but as I said, only on certain women. H&S are enormous and worth their price. Flacon I feel too kitschy, however, the content is more important :)
sweet-floral wins
This is supposed to be a commentary on Libre Intense, nevertheless, I would like to first go further out and start with Libre from 2019.
The original release is described here on Parfumo as floral-sweet, and that's exactly the order in which it starts. I had received a sample of Libre with an order, among other things. At that time, there was no talk of the Intense version. Lavender and vanilla? Yep, it fits. Sprayed it on and sniffed it. Oh no! Very floral, somehow also fresh, but mainly something stings my nose. I suspect neroli. That was it with us, that will certainly nothing.

Almost remained denied me by this fragrance experience Libre Intense. Again in an order comes with a sample. When unpacking the package, my eyes fell on the additions and the Pröbchen Libre Intense landed directly in the drawer, unnoticed and not sniffed.

In the next time I heard again and again, I must admit mainly through Youtube videos, that Libre Intense should be more beautiful, rounder. So the drawer pulled open and Libre (floral-sweet) against Libre Intense (sweet-floral compete). Doesn't hurt. And sweet-floral wins!

Nothing stings with Libre Intense, no neroli, not that unpleasant citrus undertone. The mandarin I can guess, the bergamot just a hint. Mainly, I directly perceive this lavender vanilla scent, which also comes across as very sweet. Please do not misunderstand, not sugary, not squeaky extremely sweet, just pleasantly lovely.

On my skin I notice lavender, vanilla, tonka. Cozy warm with a pleasant sweetness.
The fragrance lasts on my skin all day, on clothes even several days as I recently found. The individual components are very well interwoven from my point of view and their weight changes very slowly over the day. The lavender becomes less but is still perceptible. All in all a great fragrance, radiates warmth and comfort, for me a mature fragrance that radiates self-confidence. Christmas Libre Intense was allowed to move in with me.

PS. By the way, I find that Mon Guerlain Intense, which I really like, comes from the same family. No twin, but a 2nd or 3rd cousin
Libre vs. Libre Intense
Hello my dear friends of perfume and welcome to my advent calendar door number 7. For all of you who are wondering why there was no door yesterday, I wrote the comment to Lost Cherry already a year and a half ago and yesterday I only attached the video. But now to today's Türchen and a comparison of the two YSL fragrances Libre and Libre Intense.

I tested the Libre Eau de Parfum shortly after its release, was not exactly enthusiastic about the overexcited orange blossom-lavender combination, which I simply found loudly screaming, exhausting and insanely unimaginative, and wrote a corresponding, humorous contribution to it.
So now Libre, the Eau de Parfum Intense, phew. Released at the same time as Idole L'Intense, but it's clear that the competition from generic women's fragrances isn't sleeping. So, enough laces distributed!
A first test in summer gave hope for bigger things. In contrast to the original scent, I liked the Intense version right away. It came across as less upturned and rounder.

So I wanted to have both Libres compete against each other again to find out both the differences and the similarities:
Both were conceived by the same perfumer. Both contain orange blossom and lavender. The fragrance pyramid of the Intense version promises a more complex scent and that's how it is. Libre starts out fresh, overdone, with a certain disturbing note of neroli, lavender and orange blossom, which tickles my nose unpleasantly. With Intense I also perceive the orange blossom, but much more delicate, tender, sweet lavender is added. Libre develops unpleasantly soapy, almost detergent-like sharpness, never completely gets rid of this disturbing note, always seems overexcited, as if one had artificially pimped a thin voice to make it a Top 10 chart position. In the Intense version, the vanilla sweetness of the tonka bean continues to develop, inviting you to cuddle and pause So I have been wearing it every evening for a few days now, sniffing enraptured at the enveloping sweetness, speckled with orange and lavender flowers and considering investing in a large bottle, it's almost Christmas ;)

If you like Libre as an everyday scent, you could try the Intense version as an evening supplement. Those who don't know what to do with Libre are also advised to test it. Although Libre Eau de Parfum Intense does not reinvent the mainstream women's fragrance wheel, it still plays skilfully and attractively with the flowery and sweet aromas and seduces to winterly cuddling and feeling good.

Olyloly
Sweet, vanilla, sensual, a little wooden and earthy.
I had received the scent as a specimen.
It is an elegant, very long lasting and intense fragrance.
In the first hour the scent was much too masculine for me, afterwards it was more floral, but still too heavy for me.
It is more suitable for the evening, but does not meet my personal taste.

Kateisgr8Kateisgr8 1 month ago
This scent is refined, elegant and powerful. It makes me feel like I have my life under control and am destined for great things.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 months ago
Very good but maybe too sweet for its vanilla-tonka combo. The French lavender touch is at least perceivable. Anyway, an elegant scent

by LaPerleNoire
by Jasminered
by Nefretem
by Nefretem

Popular by Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Bleu Électrique by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2002) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (2011) / M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Ultime by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent