Y 2020Eau Fraîche

Y (Eau Fraîche) by Yves Saint Laurent
Y (Eau Fraîche) is a new perfume by Yves Saint Laurent for men and was released in 2020. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Ginger, Pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Peppermint, Juniper berry, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Frankincense

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 04.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is singer Adam Levine.

Rathaloose
Just another yellow lemon tree
Since I am a huge fan of the Edp I was very happy about the fragrance sample, which was enclosed with my last order. In advance I can say that I also like this fragrance extremely well, evtl even better than the Edp (Must be compared more intensively) and that in my opinion the difference is big enough to have both in the collection.

The scent literally slaps you in the face after spraying with a lemon juice concentrate like synthetic citrus note. On the second Riecher comes with me on the skin vorallem the more pronounced geranium to appear which is accompanied by the smoky note closely entwined wirde, while here the ginger occurs significantly more dimmed in the background than it was still the case in the Edp. On the test strip, however, the smoky noze was less present than on my skin and thus seemed much fruitier. On my skin, however, as already indicated, this fruitiness is strongly displaced, which initially bothered me a bit but I now quite like, because it gives the perfume a more complex and deeper twist. Again, it is worth testing the fragrance on the skin and see how it develops with the skin chemistry. The specified mint is not very present in me, blind I would not have found this and if you know the fragrance notes one imagines this when smelling also like times^^ but you can say on the whole that there are many representatives in which mint is more clearly perceptible.

In the Edp consists of the Sillage mainly from the Aquarisch / sweet Akkort by the suggestion of apples has a certain fruity. By the citrus note is so prässent, the sillage acts on me at Y eau Fraiche stronger although this is obviously weaker (measured by the Wahrnemung at a distance), simply by the fact that the fragrance stands out here more and has more corners and Kannten.

I will get me this next summer in any case, because the offers itself better to wear during the day and occasionally than the Edp, which is better suited for going out. The durability seems to be good here too, because the citrus notes often fade quickly and this holds up to the end.

The bottle is by far the most beautiful of the Raihe, this so discreetly held transition from dark to transparent gives it this "ice cube look" to the silver Y ornamentation and the white lid, acts Noble, Elegant and yet it has a certain lightness.
If you would describe this fragrance figuratively, you would have a lemon plantation in front of your eyes; the trees carry ripe lemons and this year is a particularly good harvest. Next to the trees grow heaps of white geraniums and the wind blows smoke from a barbecue onto the field.

The negative reviews I derive primarily from the fact that he is a bit too canny and synthetic for people in middle to old age. I see this fragrance in any case also more with people under 30.
Goynen67
Summer holiday in light blue or Light Blue ?
Y Eau Fraîche comes in a stylish compact bottle. Stylish and beautiful. The fragrance offers no more or less than one dimension. I like it. Although the floral accent of the rose geranium is always there, and almost makes the fresh basic concept falter. But I find it cleverly solved here. The mint and lemon are fighting for supremacy and form this successful combination. Not a cleaning agent smell for me and also no mint tea or chewing gum. It smells clear and distinctive. Pepper gives an edge here without becoming dominant. Lavender and juniper give tart accents and let the aquatic note be heard. A really clean scent. Metal and ice form a good association. Am I wrong if it reminds me of D&G Light Blue? I think not. I haven't been able to test the durability in real summer conditions of over 25 degrees. But I think that there is a medium shelf life. In the end there are the soft tones of cedar and incense. Not a new invention. The color of the flacon, light blue, fits well with the fragrance. And if I remember Light Blue, it was a similar color there. Bingo!

by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Yves Saint Laurent

La Nuit de L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto L'Elixir by Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (Secret de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Tuxedo by Yves Saint Laurent M7 (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent M7 Oud Absolu by Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2011) by Yves Saint Laurent Y (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Nu (2001) (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Frozen Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Eau de Toilette) by Yves Saint Laurent Le Vestiaire - Velours by Yves Saint Laurent Cinéma (Eau de Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme Le Parfum by Yves Saint Laurent Opium (1977) (Parfum) by Yves Saint Laurent