Writer by Yves de Sistelle

Writer is a popular perfume by Yves de Sistelle for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by SPPC (Societe Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmetiques).

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Mandarin, Lavender, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geranium, Elemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Ambergris, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 15.10.2019

The fragrance was previously assigned to the brand Cyrus.

Not quite savage, but...
It's often said here that the perfume is a Sauvage Clone. At first I thought to myself: What a load of bullshit.
But since I have both scents, I did the test and was surprised.
The relationship between the two fragrances can already be recognized by the rather similar bottle, which one could easily confuse from afar. Shape, colouring and magnetic closure are quite similar.

The top notes of the two perfumes, however, are at first completely different. While Sauvage is dominated by a sweet, magical scent of bergamot and pepper, Writer has a rather appley, synthetic scent.
After a few minutes, however, the two of them actually look very similar if not analysed more closely and meet at their ambergris, vetiver and patchouulin notes. With Writer, however, the musk and something tonka bean-like come to the fore in the base note, while Sauvage plays out lavender and resin. The shelf life and sillage of Writer only comes in higher dosages against Sauvage.

But seen for its price, Writer (and Writer Gold, too) is an absolute price-performance hit. For currently 15€ at Big D you get a very high quality fragrance.
7.0 8.0 8.0 2.0/10

Less helpful Review
Headaches as with detergents
Due to the good reviews and it cheap price I bought a copy the day before yesterday.
I couldn't smell that much in the shop yet at the tester.
I wanted to test it at home, of course. My first thought was, "Did somebody bottle my toilet cleaner as EdT?" Lavender is extremely penetrating.
Since this lavender note was still very strong after 2h and I had headaches from it in the meantime, the plörre had to go down again.
Never again.
7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Mass Compatible Johnny
A brief word about the great example of this fragrance: I had bought Sauvage because of the hypes at the time. Everybodies Darling blah, absolutely "save" blah blah... Nungut, I also liked the scent itself, I must admit. On the other hand, Dior's driving force also has a huge potential to get on your nerves. Too aggressive, too loud too present simple.
A tour of the Kaufhof has turned the young savage into a more mature macho. Still enough pepper up his ass, but Writer now knows how to behave. Less angular, less loud, but still striking and interesting.
It might be worth mentioning that the quality at least on the surface is not really cheap, but the durability is at least with me much lower.
Summing up: I soon gave Sauvage back, you can keep it here (just because of the ridiculous price).
8.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Makes you think
Sauvage, a little more spice, a little more pepper.
Writer, a little more fruity, a little more unobtrusive.

Sauvage, normal lid.
Writer, with magnetic cap.

Sauvage, almost 10 hours shelf life with strong Sillage.
Writer, almost 8 hours shelf life with good Sillage.

Sauvage, 100 ml somewhere between 60 and 90 euros in sale ? (don't know exactly)
Writer, 100 ml for fucking 15 euros. Also cheaper if you want.

In the end, Writer makes the big Dior a little ridiculous. By far not a masterpiece, it is based on Sauvage (more on EdT), but one of the best copies I ever smelled. Packaging even more than equivalent, sprayer with cap even better. The bottle is the same, the performance is just about the same. Scent as mentioned even softer, more pleasing, although 90 percent identical.
The price difference makes you doubt how much money you can waste. How can such a perfect imitation be so massively cheaper without even saving anywhere in quality? It's more like the role model.
If it becomes better known, Dior could take its top seller out of production in a hype-free world

Write here!
The brew smells pretty good. Starts with something lemon like and then becomes so fresh laundry moderate, also a bit striking. The Pulle actually looks good, really noble and heavy. The sprayer's gonna knock the juice out good.
Keep it up Cyrus, make more horny products. Smell like a rich guy with 60 Euro scent on his skin!
7.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Fruity, rounder, cheaper
My father-in-law often gives me duplicates and cheap copies of larger fragrances. Nice meant - but with such a collection mostly then of course pre-programmed to give away or to dust in the showcase. "Writer" of Cyrus, who gave it this Easter, it won't turn out that way. It is also a copy of an olfactory blockbuster, namely Dior's "Sauvage" - but since I always wanted it in my collection despite a lack of love (especially measured by the hype, the fragrance quality and its price), because it's so easy to wear every day, this time I'm very happy about the inexpensive gift. Because "Writer" can keep up with its model amazingly well and costs only a fraction of it (100 ml - 15€)...

"Writer" can't deny who he's emulating. From the bottle to the colour, from the tangy top note to the musk-clean drydown, it's all based on Dior's new "Wilden". But damn well done! "Writer" is even less pungent, far more fruity, softer and almost looks a bit higher quality. Bad tongues now say that this is not difficult with "Sauvage", but with the PLV you have to do it first. Somewhere between EdT and EdP of his great role model. "Writer" is a beginner's fragrance, always-goer, recreational charmer, office favorite. And an extreme wallet saver. If I already had "Sauvage" in the collection, I would give it away with a clear conscience. But since this is not the case, he will stay and pull in firmly and will certainly not be worn infrequently. A fresher Boss Bottled. Not a bestseller for nothing. Teenage, penetrating, shower gel-like. That sounds daunting, but with this green apple you never actually do anything wrong in the office. With the dampened "Writer" even less than with Diors polarizer and mass ejection.

Flacon: inspired by the original. I like it excellent. The "Writer" could have been placed/written more discreetly (or omitted altogether), but otherwise it's top. Especially for the ridiculous price. With thick glass, beautiful, deep color and even magnetic closure (!). Fine!
Sillage: pleasant, yet attention-grabbing. People like him and compliment him. From Fiti to the boardroom.
Shelf-life: 6-9 hours are also hardly a whine.

Conclusion: "Sauvage" for penny fox? No, more than that. A real, solid, pleasing alternative and for me even the more pleasant fragrance. Sorry Dior, but now I don't need "Sauvage" in the collection anymore!
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

The better Savauge
Savauge by Christian Dior is by far one of the best fragrance creations of recent years. Unfortunately, this has a negative aftertaste. Everybody knows it and everybody wears it. Exactly this is the reason why it is not worth 70€. I don't want to smell like anyone.
But for only 15,- or in the gift set for just 12,99 it is madness. That's what makes Writer perfect. He's a one-to-one copy of Dior Sauvage EDT. There's almost no difference. The shelf life is 8+ hours.
Of course, this fragrance can sack compliments like money can sack a church collection.

The bottle is heavy and of high quality. Even with a magnet
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Dawg
Aren't you Johnny Depp???
Yeah, where do I start?
I'm a big fan of Dior's Sauvage. I own the EDT and also the EDP. For me, these are some of the best year-round fragrances there are. And I have a few fragrances in my collection and I know even more.
Now I've come across Writer and I really have to say: Johnny is you!
Wow, the scent is insane.

To the fragrance:

The fragrance is a dupe or twin fragrance however by Dior Sauvage EDT.
But so what!!
I like and am not a fan of Dupes or cheap imitations. Except one and that is Mercedes Benz Cologne which smells exactly like the Dior Homme Cologne.
Now this one comes here and I tell you one thing, there will be when you ask 100 people 99 say, oh that's Sauvage.
It's so well done wow, I didn't think so. I still have 100ml of EDP and 65ml of EDT from Sauvage. But I still took two boxes of these with 100ml in them plus shower gel. For 12.99€ ;-)) Yes right heard 12.99€ for, if you like, Sauvage ;-)
the only difference when you inhale really deeply and test both on your wrist is the bergamot in Sauvage. But you have to smell the skin completely.

To the bottle:

Who thinks now, yes exactly there they will definitely save is wrong. The bottle is even better than the original. He is heavier and more powerful and he also has the magnet lock ;-)
and one more big wow!!!!

Silage&semi-work:

Honestly, that's also remarkable, because the original is already very good for a fresh perfume, the writer is just as good.

Silage:
You definitely perceive one.

Shelf life:
He accompanies you on your clothes for a good 7-9 hours maybe a little longer.

Conclusion:

So I'm a fan like I said from the original and it will stay that way. But I'm also a fan of Writer now.
Writer? Sauvage, Writer ne doch Sauvage ;-))

I can only say I slammed. I now own 365ml of SAUVAGE ach ne Writer ;-))))
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

Price performance kracher
I personally know Sauvage only from memes on the internet and have never smelled it and have only accidentally heard of the new comments from this fragrance. Nevertheless I can say that this fragrance is moderately price-performance simply super here, the only thing I would have to expose to the fragrance would be the stamina because after 3 hours the Sillage is already quite disappeared and after 4 hours hardly anything is to be noticed on my clothing. And the scent is too powdery for me in the aisle (if you call it that). The bottle also has a small plus point for me since it has a magnetic cap that is parallel to the writer's writing with the M on it. I had bought this fragrance for 17.99 from Douglas and added 150 ml of the shower gel.
10.0 6.0 5.0 7.0/10

Blind purchase
Hoping to get a cheap, equivalent replacement for Sauvage, I found Writer in the community. The commissioner studies, "SAUVAGE KLON, SAUVAGE DUPLIKAT, was only re-labeled", and and and. Full of enthusiasm I then shot him in the net, for 12.95 even with shower gel and eagerly awaited the broadcast. Yesterday then he came but already today with the shower gel it was clear to me very fast: But it doesn't smell like SAUVAGE at all. Ok, let's see what the EdT says, I thought,
and was disappointed. So, the scent as such is actually ok, it is, at least in my words,
woody, fresh, aquatic, for every day super suitable. Quite portable, nothing special, but is ok.
But, and this is the crux of the matter: Who, as already sufficiently described here, can achieve an almost equivalent
Replacement for SAUVAGE, is in my opinion HERE at the WRONG address.
Please don't misunderstand me: It's not about me to kill the scent or to stamp it as total junk, as already happened.
I see him more near Bleu de Chanel or he's a harsher, fresher ANONYMOUS THALLIUM.
But, and this is my personal opinion, and the smell feeling is now times subjectively, a replacement for
SAUVAGE it represents in no way at all.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Maximumirin
Sauvage is a nice copy of Writer... or the other way around?!
I just want to share some reactions with you with Writer and Sauvage.
1. I go to the lady at the reception:
Hey, what do you think of the scent? She: that smells great, very fresh.
And this one? (Right wrist, sauvage)
You: I don't smell anything. Oh, yeah. That's the same or?

2. I to the buddy(both owners of Sauvage): Smell mal(left wrist)
He: Yes Sauvage.
And this? (Right wrist)
He: Smells the same, also Sauvage?
i: hihi :D

3. Back to the buddy who knows his way around very well and has about 150 scents himself:
What do you think? (left)
He: This is Sauvage.
Me: and that? (right)
He: No, that's Sauvage. What's that on the left? That smells better.

I'm definitely not buying another bottle of Sauvage. On the one hand because there are so many people and on the other hand I can confidently use Writer for 15€ if I have air on the scent. I bought it twice, too.
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Boxcarhobo
Nice tip for savers and bargain hunters
As many have already noticed, you can get an almost 1:1 copy of Sauvage here for very little money. I tested it in the Galeria Kaufhof and was at first even convinced to hold the original as a no-name bottling in my hand. It's not that absurd, both fragrances are produced in France. You really have to have the scents side by side to notice the difference. Writer doesn't smell any worse, only slightly different. For 15€ you can't do anything wrong
6.0 7.0 9.0 7.0/10

Fresh21
Sauvage twin of the finest !
Sauvage currently appears to be the second most successful men's fragrance in the Dior brand in terms of the number of community users, after only three years since its launch (compare Fahrenheit: 30 years). So there must be something about this brew that's so fascinating. On the other hand Sauvage is also able to polarize; tendency one loves him, or I hardly dare to speak ;-)

I belong rather to those who feel attracted to him, which is surely also due to the fact that Sauvage is simply different. Sure, "different" doesn't automatically mean good or better, but at least I have a good portion of the charm of the special (even if he's a mainstreamer today).

When Sauvage came onto the market at the time, people were surprised by the new intensity of a fabric that had previously played a minor role: Elmiharz. And this fresh, forest and earthy tone was cleverly arranged with a rose geranium to create a mix whose warmth finds its counterpoint in pepper. So different, so attractive - also because the whole is flanked by the popular head and base notes bergamot, lavender and vetiver. Something new in the heart, carried by the tried and tested! Really magical, how the extraordinary became a mass suitability.

But wait a minute, so far it's just been Diors Sauvage, not the Writer. But that doesn't matter, because he is a dupe like he is in the book. And because the resemblance is so striking, I take the liberty of claiming everything that applies to the Sauvage for the writer as well:

It starts with a great cocktail of light citric and fruit, dancing on a very fragrant Elmi Rose heart, which accounts for about 70% of the fragrance - even later. The whole thing is accompanied by a seasoning that is slightly peppery and tends towards balsamic. After half an hour, the Writer - just like Sauvage - becomes a little more pleasing and mellow, which increases as the fragrance progresses. But in the first 2-3 hours both show themselves quite differentiated, as single scents can be smelled well and always appear more or less. That's what makes up the quality, including that of the writer. I'm impressed. I'm impressed.

As already indicated, both scents are accompanied by a hint of finer and sweeter at the back, always pleasantly warm and slightly woody-spicy. Even in durability and Sillage they don't take anything, which are more than enough for both.

Nevertheless: even though I am raving about Sauvage and Writer here, they are not my first choice, which is much more fruity and citric on the way. That's why I "only" got the Dupe, but still estimate the similarity of the Writer to the Sauvage at about 90% (in contrast to "Extreme Story", which almost only uses Elemiharz and Rosengeranie, so it's much more monosyllabic and can't keep up with Sillage or durability). But if I am completely wrong with 90%, I made a fool of myself with this commi instead of Johnny ;-) But please test the Writer first, because it is really a

Sauvage twin of the finest!

Edit: Pepper is of course also found in the Writer, but is not listed in the pyramid. Instead he completely does without Ambroxan, which some people don't like about Sauvage and therefore might be an advantage ...

Edit: The Sauvage direction was a bit too peppery/spicy for me, so I downgraded the writer to 6. But this does not change its quality !

Frisch für  Fresh/bunt
by Seejungfrau
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by Honk1510
by Honk1510
by Duftomatisch
Dear writer, can't you think of something more original?
When you don't know what  to write, you can always write a parody... when you don't know what to copy, you can always copy Dior...
by Karlux37