Writer by Yves de Sistelle

Writer is a popular perfume by Yves de Sistelle for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by SPPC (Sociéte Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmétiques).

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Mandarin, Lavender, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geranium, Elemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Ambergris, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 04.08.2020.

The fragrance was previously assigned to the brand Cyrus.

Cheaper to destination
My girlfriend gave me her favourite scent for me, which is also mine: Dior Sauvage EdT.
But as a permanent fragrance Sauvage is by no means the cheapest, so I started looking for a qualitative and economically more attractive solution. I found it through Parfumo in Writer by Cyrus. It was available at that time very cheap with a shower gel in addition.

With Writer you can reach your goal at a lower cost in all respects.
Visually from the bottle, the magnetic closure to the colour a Sauvage style clone.
From the sparkling, intense top note to the musky drydown, everything is very close to the model. I find it rounder, more fruity and less pungent. It moves between EdT and EdP of the original.
Durability: on me approx. 8 hours
Sillage: not quiet, not screaming, just right
Use: Everywhere possible, brings compliments everywhere.

Result: Cheaper to the destination with Writer. A solid, working alternative! Nevertheless Sauvage remains in the collection because I appreciate the original.
Manuel81
This is supposed to smell like Sauvage ???....
...that was my first thought when I first smelled this perfume a few weeks ago.
After reading so much good about this fragrance here, and since I have the Sauvage EDP in my collection (signature fragrance), I recently went to Douglas to test both fragrances in a direct comparison The disillusionment followed at the same time, because in the top note the WRITER reminds me more of the La Rive Extreme Story, but ZERO of Sauvage !
Pretty disappointed, I left the store and went to the metro for shopping
I could hardly believe it, but the fragrances could be called identical twins ...so at first sight there was NO difference for me !
Only the Sillage was a little bit stronger with the Sauvage than with the Writer .... and suddenly I regretted not to have taken him for just 18 Euro.
Well, no matter ... this week I got it, and it is a really great / fresh scent, nothing earth-shattering, which the Sauvage EDT is not, because you can not compare it with the EDP .... the Sauvage EDP is for me currently one of the best men's fragrances I ever had !
The durability is top, and is at loose 8-10 hours .
The Sillage is ok, but the Sauvage EDP works much better for me in this respect A small tip in passing, the La Rive is not so bad in direct comparison to the Writer, even if overall something synthetic, and from the performance worse
Respect! Best "Dupe" on the market
Writer a fragrance that tempts you to write something here because it is the hammer!

Amazingly, this scent (which is considered to be Dupe by Sauvage) was rated better than the original.
It is really 98% of the same fragrance and what impresses me is the durability and sillage.
In addition, still well processed and very identical to the original flacon including magnet closure
With me the smell holds the whole day properly strong and as with the Orginal that always a cloud rises again :-)
In the office from early in the morning until the evening a fresh, strong and fruity note which is also noticed by the colleagues.

To consider this fragrance as independent.
Who loves strong fragrances, likes a fruity and tart scent, is looking for a scent that lasts long and doesn't let you down, pays little money for good quality and wants to get one or the other compliment is more than satisfied with this scent
Writer the fragrance for the brave men among us;-)
ParfumDude
You like Sauvage? You like writers.
Normally you'd find a description of the perfume you're reviewing, but since it's an obvious copy of Dior Sauvage EDT (compare the bottles), which should bring back most (positive or negative) memories, I'll just say this: the two fragrances are 90-95% similar, I'd say Sauvage is a little sharper, especially in the opening, the pepper is more prominent. But the pepper is also a bit more penetrating and cutting, which probably displeases many people. Here Writer is a bit softer.

In the end, I can say: if you like Sauvage, you can save a lot of money (I bought Writer in a set with a not bad shower gel for 14,99€) and still have practically no loss of quality - even the H/S is great. You just have to like Sauvage and be able to do without the Dior lettering ????

This is the truth!!
I've tried sauvage and all its flankers and similar fragrances.. for the price you can't knock this bad boy.
Smell- check
Performance - check
Value - check..

This is a major, major, major go, pull the trigger on this one you wont regret it if you like this sort of fragrances.
Benedikt2019
What remains in times of the virus: writing!
I don't want to go into detail about the current situation, it is bad enough and above all you can't escape the news anyway. What you can do well in that time of staying at home is write, write and write again! Yes, writing became the title of the fragrance described below, which has the beautiful name "Writer". Why exactly it was titled like that, I will probably not be able to clarify, I find the name much too unfitting for that. Maybe it should be renamed? D

To the fragrance:
It is often compared to the Sauvage from Dior and that is simply undeniable. During the blind test it could almost happen that the scents are mixed up. But why I rate the "Writer" better than his brother from Dior, I would like to explain. Let's start with the scent, which is slightly more fruity than the sauvage, especially the apple comes through very well and stays in my mouth for a long time (tangerine and lemon are also good and present). Otherwise it doesn't seem so "rough", it is more playful and yes, maybe even younger. Furthermore he is - similar to his twin - super fresh! A true summer friend one would think. Next you have to emphasize the ENORME and with that I mean really enormous durability. With me it lasts at least 10 hours. Just as an example: Today I put it on at 11 o'clock, did some exercise on the exercise bike in the afternoon and now I'm sitting on the couch and still smell it quite well. Also the Sillage is great, everyone around me (there aren't many of them anymore) could clearly notice him. Well, and last but not least you have to mention the price-performance ratio, it is extremely cheap. For just under 20 Euro you can get 100ml including shipping. Especially compared to Sauvage this is great! Almost everyone can buy it blind.

Who exactly can access blindly?
- Those who like Sauvage, but want more performance
- Those who like Sauvage, but put a little more emphasis on fruity notes
- Those who like Sauvage, but can bear it a little "younger"
- Those who attach great importance to fresh, "shower gel-like fragrances"
- Those who want to be perceived on more than one arm length even in summer
- Those who wish to be able to perceive the apple in the fragrance
- Those for whom sauvage is simply too expensive

--> P.S.: He is clearly masculine and not much for unisex attempts :P

So "Writer" could inspire me to become a writer, he got me to write a comment again. Maybe he can keep his name after all? What do you think? Anyway, writing is a nice distraction in times of the virus.

Stays healthy
Bene

Magineer
Certainly good, but above all a good orientation guide
With "Writer" and three Zara perfumes, I've approached fragrances as a hobby. In retrospect, this was certainly okay, because it allowed me to learn a lot about fragrances per se and especially about myself and my attitude towards them. By now I know that with perfumes, I'm fascinated by the "story in my head", that I'm into concept fragrances, which inevitably pull me more towards the niche and bore me most designers (except maybe Guerlain). But I had to start somewhere to find that out. So back to the beginning of the story: I read about one of the best Dupes here on Parfumo, was curious about "Sauvage" and stood in front of the corresponding shelf in the department store. Everyone back with me? Fine...

A short spray was enough. To be on the safe side, two shelves further on, the original was sprayed again: Joah, come to it. Has something and is even still available in a gift set, in which the old Cyrus version is still slumbering (and a comparatively boring shower gel). Almost shamefacedly he went to the cash desk, paid and immediately checked out at home. The beautifully heavy flacon pleases, the valuable magnetic cap is also great. A few more test sprayers - yes, nice and fresh, has a little something. I can't figure out what it is at first - the fruit stays further down, lemon dominates and something slightly pungent. Something pure. I decide to give The Writer a chance
One day later. Just before I run out of the house towards the tram (I always run because the tram never follows me, but always expects it the other way around - a fight against windmills), I grab the new bottle in the bathroom, two left, two right, one in the neck. My faux fur jacket collar is going to get a little bit hurt, but I don't think anything of it. Two minutes later, packed tram. I smell. I keep smelling. Uh-oh. The cloud is billowing. People still look quite apathetic, but I just hope that I am not so clearly identified as the starting point of this cloud. Meanwhile I have the feeling that I am standing at the edge of the pool. Is that chlorine? Whatever it is, five squirts was clearly too much. I stagger off the train, carry the cloud into the elevator and enjoy my office for a whole day. Thank God I'm in it for everybody
After that, it was kind of "Writer". From time to time I still use two or three sprayers (dispassionately) to get out quickly, but I have thoroughly spoiled the scent DNA. Or maybe I just never liked her. Anyway, I'm glad that I found out about the cheap Dupe instead of spending more money on "Sauvage" or even "Bleu de Chanel". By now I can smell quite accurately when my counterpart is wearing either one of the dupes or the Chanel/Dior originals. It doesn't bother me much about others, but my direction will never be
No, I would never be ashamed of "Writer". It was one of the fragrances that marked the beginning of my hobby. I will be grateful to him for this, and if my collection grows now, the little blue one will always keep a place of honour. It will probably be further back on the shelf, but as a memory of the beginnings it will stay with me. Thanks, Cyrus. Thanks for the experience.
Citrusman
Watch out for smart spenders!
I've always wanted to enjoy Dior Sauvage.
But the way I am, I don't like to indulge in expensive fragrances, I prefer to use perfume doodles. I always think to myself, "why spend 60€ on the original when you can get the same thing for 20€". And I've never regretted it.
Same here.
For a long time I was looking for a really good copy of Dior Sauvage, I almost gave up the search. Although Zara also makes DS dupes, the heart and base notes drift far from the original.
Scrolling through the Internet store of a well-known perfumery one day, I came across a picture of a bottle called "Writer". Clicked on it out of interest, because the bottle had a certain similarity to the original. In the reviews: "Really great Sauvage copy!", "great therapy with Sauvage character!". And all that for only 19.90.

Quickly entered this "writer" on parfumo.de. Top ratings, excellent performance and in the fragrance twins is also Sauvage with 61 approvals. I hesitated only a few days when I finally ordered this one blindly on the internet.
Package arrived, torn open, package removed.
In my hands I finally held a beautiful glittering package. Inside, a solid bottle. And now pay attention, even the lid of the spray head is magnetic. I have never seen such a high quality solid bottle with magnetic cap and a super atomizer for fabulous 20€ First of all, 1 sprayer on the back of my hand.
Very fruity start with a subtle spice. Already quite similar to DS, but not yet exact. But after about 20 minutes you're ready to go. The fruity one disappears a little, and the spicy one finds its way in. And here it is identical to the original. This light freshness with this unique strong and spicy note can be found here again.
Fantastic smell.
Even in the base note it remains nicely ordered and not spongy.
And this performance is awesome. Yesterday at about 19:00 sprayed on, one day later at about half past eleven still well perceptible.
Conclusion:
I've never seen such a good dupe before. This high-quality bottle, the prelude, the entire fragrance process simply fantastic and so well met.
In addition to this, it has a good shelf life and the Sillage is also right.
There is no reason for doubt here. If you know Sauvage, you can buy it blind, because it's the same :)
Not quite savage, but...
It's often said here that the perfume is a Sauvage Clone. At first I thought to myself: What a load of bullshit.
But since I have both scents, I did the test and was surprised.
The relationship between the two fragrances can already be recognized by the rather similar bottle, which one could easily confuse from afar. Shape, colouring and magnetic closure are quite similar.

The top notes of the two perfumes, however, are at first completely different. While Sauvage is dominated by a sweet, magical scent of bergamot and pepper, Writer has a rather appley, synthetic scent.
After a few minutes, however, the two of them actually look very similar if not analysed more closely and meet at their ambergris, vetiver and patchouulin notes. With Writer, however, the musk and something tonka bean-like come to the fore in the base note, while Sauvage plays out lavender and resin. The shelf life and sillage of Writer only comes in higher dosages against Sauvage.

But seen for its price, Writer (and Writer Gold, too) is an absolute price-performance hit. For currently 15€ at Big D you get a very high quality fragrance.
Headaches as with detergents
Due to the good reviews and it cheap price I bought a copy the day before yesterday.
I couldn't smell that much in the shop yet at the tester.
I wanted to test it at home, of course. My first thought was, "Did somebody bottle my toilet cleaner as EdT?" Lavender is extremely penetrating.
Since this lavender note was still very strong after 2h and I had headaches from it in the meantime, the plörre had to go down again.
Never again.

Frisch für  Fresh/bunt
by Seejungfrau
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by Honk1510
by Honk1510
by Duftomatisch
Dear writer, can't you think of something more original?
When you don't know what  to write, you can always write a parody... when you don't know what to copy, you can always copy Dior...
by Karlux37
by Karlux37
by Deep666
by Deep666
by Citrusman
by Citrusman

Popular Yves de Sistelle

Doriane by Yves de Sistelle Writer Gold by Yves de Sistelle Chairman by Yves de Sistelle Thallium by Yves de Sistelle Exaltation by Yves de Sistelle Writer White by Yves de Sistelle Elixir de Sistelle by Yves de Sistelle Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Black by Yves de Sistelle Armada Black by Yves de Sistelle Anonymous by Thallium by Yves de Sistelle Ivanhoe by Yves de Sistelle Chess Club by Yves de Sistelle Tender Rose by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport Limited Edition by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport by Yves de Sistelle Cyrus by Yves de Sistelle Sanderling Shine by Yves de Sistelle Joli Rêve by Yves de Sistelle Incidence by Yves de Sistelle