Writer by Yves de Sistelle
Writer is a popular perfume by Yves de Sistelle for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by SPPC (Sociéte Parisienne de Parfums et Cosmétiques).
Scent goes well with Emporio Armani...lui/il/he/él/男...

Top Notes Top NotesLemon, Mandarin orange, Lavender, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesEgyptian geranium, Elemi resin
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Ambergris, Vetiver, White musk

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 19.01.2021.

The fragrance was previously assigned to the brand Cyrus.

The Invisible Man
Your first meeting with the new in-laws is coming up and you don't know which fragrance is the right one? You need a fragrance that is so harmless and inconspicuous that you could just as well be invisible? Then congratulations, you have just found it!
Yes, the similarity to the Sauvage is indeed given and that is already no disadvantage from my point of view...! Nevertheless, this fragrance says no more than: "smells good" ! Point from end...that's it...

A good friend of mine joked around the last conversation about the Writer and said that if he ever had to commit a murder, he will definitely apply the Writer...so he is as good as invisible. :D

Of course, this is all a shameless exaggeration ;) The fragrance is good...and the price too!
Who is looking for a normal fragrance, which never tarnishes can confidently strike here.
Should the above-mentioned in-laws then but negative on your fragrance to speak, I recommend you as soon as possible to take flight and the new partner choice to reconsider if necessary ;)

Conclusion: Beautiful smelling "Sauvage" twin, which is super for example job interviews, work, casual meetings, or even the in-laws suitable.

Unsuess
A fragrance so harmless that even toddlers like it
When you're not sure what scent suits the occasion: This one always goes. A fragrance so harmless that even toddlers like it. Neither too tart nor too herbaceous nor too sweet. Inconspicuous, pleasing, without edges and corners. However, if you want to make a statement, you should give this fragrance a wide berth.
Amazing
I originally always had the original, the Dior Sauvage. Wanted to try the now because he is considered the Doupe par excellence. Well what can I say, I am thrilled. My girlfriend loves it and the other day while shopping just before Christmas I was asked by a lady "Oh, you smell very good, what kind of perfume is that?" I stupidly out of reflex "This is Dior Sauvage" and I had honestly briefly ashamed in the affect to have made this false statement but briefly considered and I thought to myself "Hey, in principle I wear dior Sauvage, and probably she is looking for a Christmas gift, there is the Sauvage again a touch better" so I let it stand so.

Who knows and loves the Sauvage has here the Akternative at a small price. Who would like to try Dior Sauvage can try it with pleasure also herewith. It lacks something the pepper note but that's no problem. Very nice everyday fragrance for a small price. Although not so exceptional since everyone owns Sauvage but still very good.
KingOfKingz
Good alternative to Dior Sauvage.
After reading many comments on YdS "Writer" and the hype about Dior "Sauvage" that has been going on for a few years now, I thought I'd give "Writer" a chance.

I have to say in advance that I am not a big Sauvage fan, as I am annoyed by the overdose of Ambroxan - or maybe it is simply because you can smell it at least once at every party these days.

So after spraying both "Writer" and "Sauvage" separately, I immediately noticed the ambroxan club of the Sauvage fragrance, while this one started much softer here.
In the first 1-2 hours, the scent of the house Dior showed a significantly higher performance, while the "Writer" had definitely put on the handbrake and projected about half way through.

Over the course of the scent I noticed that the scents became more and more similar from hour to hour.
After about 4-5 hours almost no difference could be seen. Even my girlfriend commented that it would probably be one and the same scent.

To sum up, I can say that I am very satisfied with the Writer and I would definitely classify it as a fragrance in its own right, as it excludes the ambroxane fragrance.
In addition, the P/L ratio (20€/100ml) is phenomenal.
From my side definitely a buy recommendation.
Comparison to an Axe deodorant
Got a compliment at work today... don't know what to make of it. Across the street from me a lady
She: pooh you're dragging a cloud behind you
Me: smells so intense, but it was only a few sprayers.
She: yes, but I am also really susceptible to strong odours. This smells like axe from the scent guy
Sauvage's sympathetic twin
"Hey, Juicer, you wearing Dior Sovaatsch?"
- "Yes," I reply without being ashamed for even a second. In fact, differences in scent can only be smelled with a magnifying glass. And perfume laymen or 98% of the German population will undoubtedly consider the writer to be the original.
Dior Sauvage's twin, slightly weaker, slightly worse, but much cheaper. Who would say no? After all, Sauvage, even if overhyped, is a good perfume that you have to have in your collection somehow.
Will I then leave the house of Dior with all its advertisements and Johnny Depp's successful performances a relatively large amount of money? No thanks.
Do I get the Writer, which is an above average perfume overall and for a ridiculous price? Oh yes!

After all, as a student you always have to watch your wallet. And you want to smell nice, too. :)
The First
My entry into the world of perfume.
The Writer was the first perfume I bought myself. Before that, a perfume was the obligatory Christmas present from my mother. Mostly they were drugstore fragrances (brands: David Beckham, Michael Kors, S.Oliver, etc.).
Then I was single again and young as I was (well, it was just 3 years ago) I thought to myself, now I must expand my perfume assortment. And so I came through Google to Parfumo.
Since I only have a student wallet, I quickly shot myself at Dupes. I tried the Writer at Galeria Kaufhof and I was speechless: I had never smelled such a fragrance before. It was fresh and spicy at the same time but also sweet. Very masculine and sexy as I thought. The ideal fragrance for my purposes.
But I hesitated. One day later I sprayed Dior Sauvage EdT at Douglas and the Writer on the other arm. I was stunned: a huge price difference, but the scent smelled very similar. In the top note I found the Sauvage a bit more noble, but in the drydown they were very similar, also the durability was similar. Immediately I bought the Writer.
For a long time the Writer was my favourite scent. But I soon noticed that you can smell the Sauvage and its dupes quite often. Besides, the Drydown is getting on my nerves a lot by now.
All in all a great fragrance for the price, especially such a sillage and durability is very rare in the price segment (see most Zara fragrances).
Now the Writer will soon be empty, I will not buy it, nor will I buy the Dior Sauvage. Meanwhile I like other fragrances better However, I can recommend the Writer to anyone who wants to have an evergreen fragrance with more than solid performance for little money. The desire for nobler fragrances will come by itself sometime...

Nickolas33
Superb alternative to the original
Before this one, I thought all dupes were easily detectable and with very poor performance, but Writer has totally changed my attitude on dupes. They offered it in the beauty shop and of course I was very skeptical about it at first, but then I checked the reviews on parfumo and decided to try, don't regret at all, such a great fragrance, not even mentioning the value for money. The smell is very good and with no indication that this is only a 25$ fragrance. It is very similar to Dior Sauvage (but the latter is still little more charismatic I think), with great longevity and sillage. I've never thought that fragrances at this price could demonstrate such a great durability and projection.
Cheaper to destination
My girlfriend gave me her favourite scent for me, which is also mine: Dior Sauvage EdT.
But as a permanent fragrance Sauvage is by no means the cheapest, so I started looking for a qualitative and economically more attractive solution. I found it through Parfumo in Writer by Cyrus. It was available at that time very cheap with a shower gel in addition.

With Writer you can reach your goal at a lower cost in all respects.
Visually from the bottle, the magnetic closure to the colour a Sauvage style clone.
From the sparkling, intense top note to the musky drydown, everything is very close to the model. I find it rounder, more fruity and less pungent. It moves between EdT and EdP of the original.
Durability: on me approx. 8 hours
Sillage: not quiet, not screaming, just right
Use: Everywhere possible, brings compliments everywhere.

Result: Cheaper to the destination with Writer. A solid, working alternative! Nevertheless Sauvage remains in the collection because I appreciate the original.
Manuel81
This is supposed to smell like Sauvage ???....
...that was my first thought when I first smelled this perfume a few weeks ago.
After reading so much good about this fragrance here, and since I have the Sauvage EDP in my collection (signature fragrance), I recently went to Douglas to test both fragrances in a direct comparison The disillusionment followed at the same time, because in the top note the WRITER reminds me more of the La Rive Extreme Story, but ZERO of Sauvage !
Pretty disappointed, I left the store and went to the metro for shopping
I could hardly believe it, but the fragrances could be called identical twins ...so at first sight there was NO difference for me !
Only the Sillage was a little bit stronger with the Sauvage than with the Writer .... and suddenly I regretted not to have taken him for just 18 Euro.
Well, no matter ... this week I got it, and it is a really great / fresh scent, nothing earth-shattering, which the Sauvage EDT is not, because you can not compare it with the EDP .... the Sauvage EDP is for me currently one of the best men's fragrances I ever had !
The durability is top, and is at loose 8-10 hours .
The Sillage is ok, but the Sauvage EDP works much better for me in this respect A small tip in passing, the La Rive is not so bad in direct comparison to the Writer, even if overall something synthetic, and from the performance worse

RisendyRisendy 3 months ago
Dior sauvage clone, very good performance on me. Great for the price.

Frisch für  Fresh/bunt
by Seejungfrau
by ErhanSaceros
by ErhanSaceros
by Honk1510
by Honk1510
by Duftomatisch
Dear writer, can't you think of something more original?
When you don't know what  to write, you can always write a parody... when you don't know what to copy, you can always copy Dior...
by Karlux37
by Citrusman
by Parfumlove90
by Parfumlove90

Popular Yves de Sistelle

Doriane by Yves de Sistelle Exaltation by Yves de Sistelle Chairman by Yves de Sistelle Writer Gold by Yves de Sistelle Thallium by Yves de Sistelle Writer White by Yves de Sistelle Elixir de Sistelle by Yves de Sistelle Ivanhoe by Yves de Sistelle Sanderling by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Black by Yves de Sistelle Armada Black by Yves de Sistelle Anonymous by Thallium by Yves de Sistelle Unveil by Yves de Sistelle Chess Club by Yves de Sistelle Tender Rose by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport Limited Edition by Yves de Sistelle Thallium Sport by Yves de Sistelle Cyrus by Yves de Sistelle Sanderling Shine by Yves de Sistelle Joli Rêve by Yves de Sistelle