Just Rock! pour Lui 2017

Just Rock! pour Lui by Zadig & Voltaire
Just Rock! pour Lui is a popular perfume by Zadig & Voltaire for men and was released in 2017. The scent is smoky-spicy. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesTonka beanTonka bean
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanillaVanilla
FrankincenseFrankincense
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Spicy notesSpicy notes

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.07.2021.

The faces of the advertising campaign are models Sam Lammar and Joséphine Le Tutour.

MrMojo82
From searching and finding your own scent preferences...
With fragrances it is such a thing... Some inspire you right away, in others you have to smell yourself pure. Some fragrances that you may have felt in the past as unwearable, you would not want to miss today and accompany you for the next few years or forever, with others you can not explain again, what you once found in these fragrances or how you could wear them. Even if Just Rock is certainly not bad and was worn by me in the fall and winter 2019/2020 gladly and often, but I had to realize in the past winter season that I almost no longer reached for him and other fragrances clearly had priority. Thus, the Z&V then but meanwhile unfortunately falls into the second category of the above-mentioned fragrances.

I prefer in the cold season stronger and spicy fragrances. Incense may occur very gladly in it, and this delivers the Z&V also in large quantities. However, what increasingly bothers me about this fragrance is the somewhat intrusive and powdery sweetness of the vanilla in combination with the tonka bean. The durability is phenomenal. 12 + are definitely in there with me. Only unfortunately, the fragrance does not go through a real development. What you get from the first spray, that can be found even after hours on the skin, and on the clothes even longer. The fragrance becomes in the course of this only a little sweeter. Basically, I find some sweetness in the cold season also ok, but here this comes across to me but a little too synthetic. Quasi an all overlaying powder of artificial vanilla. Even the last time I wore this fragrance in January, I didn't feel 100% comfortable with it. When I was then still asked whether this is really a men's perfume, it has given me then somehow the rest :-D Do you know when you suddenly can no longer identify with a fragrance, a piece of clothing or whatever and you then suddenly and unconsciously also exudes this?

Who favors sweet fragrances with lots of vanilla, which should still sniff this fragrance. Really "rock" does nothing to the fragrance but unfortunately. I would recommend it in principle rather for U 30. Personally, this fragrance unfortunately no longer gives me much. Since I prefer, for example, Versace Oud Noir, Joop Homme Absolut (with more charisma and durability would be the real hammer) or the Prada Luna Rossa Black.

On the other hand, however, it is also interesting to see how one's own sense of smell and the preference of certain fragrances always develops further, once you start on the journey into the world of fragrances. I had some great moments and memories with Just Rock, but now it's time to move on after all.

JackRH
Christian rock, not hard rock
Man is that a shame... it would be such a great, warm vanilla fragrance, if there was not simply this very present and for me also penetrating incense.

I personally haven't been to church in a while and have little intention of going back, but with this scent you are immediately transported back there mentally and won't be leaving anytime soon.

Only in the last ~2 hours of the very odentliche durability of 7.5+ hours, the incense enters the background and lets the vanilla emerge more - but then it's already vile too late for that anyway.

Sillage is also strong and projects for a good 3-4 hours. If you have this fragrance on it and can be fascinated by him, -you are definitely clearly perceived, that's for sure.

So for every Christian rocker a true dream scent, my rock music, however, I like quite different.
If I were you...
... then I would get the fragrance.
Direct and bold statement? Yes, perhaps.
To preface, this perfume is in my opinion the hammer. 10/10

Am through the consistently positive review on the fragrance stumbled. After a short research I thought I order me the colleague times blindly. The name Just Rock! has something of
anyway "I don't give a f*k". So who needs to have smelled a perfume before to buy it?
36€ for 50ml is a great price especially when you are so overwhelmed after the first spray.
I guess I wasn't bad boy enough for the 100ml bottle.

I looked at the bottle in my hand and went through the clear fragrance pyramid in my head. Then three sprays towards my forearm. The first was empty - the little water slowly meandered up to the spray head - the second hit the target - the third did the trick.

You can often argue about opinions or how you feel about something but here no one can deny the incense. Not penetrating but very smooth. Can also be because it is ensnared by sweet notes. Have here rather still a "beginner nose" therefore I ask for indulgence. If you smell the fragrance directly on the forearm, you can understand that one or the other, associations with a church manufactures. However, this is not at all the case when the fragrance is pulled behind you. Here I smell the vanilla clearly. One could now think that it is a sweet fragrance. That is probably true but somehow not. A certain spiciness can not be denied. This interplay of actually heavy fragrance notes create such a beautiful and pleasant smell. It doesn't sting the nose, it woos it like a soft little cloud. One simply feels good and yes also more self-confident if I'm honest.

After this first impression that completely picked me up, I had to spray this on my neck and collar immediately. I hoped so much that this perfume lasts long. And yes the Just Rock! rocks quite a long time. After a good 8 hours I could still smell it. So you are accompanied by the scent for a very long time. A big change I could not determine but that is also good.

Who can or should wear the fragrance now where and when? Honestly, you could wear it almost everywhere. He is not age-bound. Only under 20 or in school this will not be suitable.
Otherwise, he smells neither "old" nor "young". Would but, if you go by the fragrance notes, rather say that he belongs in the fall or winter. Possibly also in the cool and rainy spring but there are certainly more suitable perfumes. Otherwise, you can wear it anywhere and probably no one else will smell like it.
I personally prefer all black outfits or a leather jacket to this fragrance. Here he plays his skills properly and you get hold of positive comments through the bank. In this fragrance, however, I would not care whether others like it because I find this smell simply incredible.

Finally, I would just like to emphasize again that you get for under 40 € a hammermäßiges perfume, which you can buy blindly without a guilty conscience. So if I were you and read this comment, I would buy this fragrance. I'm sure you won't regret it.

In this sense, thank you for your attention and time :)
KevinGrey
The warmer and woody brother of "This is him"
I got to know "Just rock" only after I already knew and had "This is him". "This is him" I have already firmly anchored as a noble and serious gentleman's fragrance in my inventory. It accompanies me e.g. to seminars and professional events...

Now I stumbled upon "Just rock". Of course I liked the name immediately. But what was hiding behind it?

Once I tested it (on paper strips), I could hardly distinguish it from "This is him". It just seemed a bit spicier and woodier to me. But otherwise the same. I was missing the pepperiness of the gallant brother. Since I already owned this one, I wasn't particularly interested in this one. I found him interesting, but I didn't think it was necessary to have both. They were too similar for that.

But somehow, also through your comments and statements, he did not let go of me. Based on the DNA he should be more mine than "This si him"....... And somehow I had to test him again. This time in direct comparison on the skin. Right "Just Rock" and left "THis is him":

As expected the "Just rock" opens darker, spicier-woody and somehow more natural through the tonka than its peppery brother. This makes him less noble, less gentlemanly. He rather appears with lumberjack shirt, full beard and long, open hair.....
So I like it a little better on the whole, because it suits me more.

Even after 6 hours this difference still persists. After 3 hours it even becomes a bit gourmand. Must be the Tonke-vanilla blend, softened by incense.....
Meanwhile, the brother remains peppery. ...

In summary, I must say that it makes perfect sense to have both. The "Just rock" is suitable as an everyday and office fragrance for the cooler season, if you're the type for it, certainly, while the "This is him" is more a fragrance for special occasions, where the gentleman is more in demand.

"Just Rock" is my personal favorite of the two.
Yes, damn it!
Okay, I admit it - I have another expensive passion: guitars. So far, these have been used from time to time at some rock concerts where I played in different bands. Basically you only need one guitar to play on. Logo. Maybe a second one, for the slightly different sound, plus a third one, as a backup. As a hobby guitarist of the lower category you really don't need more than that. But I have more of them, some more. Expensive parts. With each one I have at least one story. In my prime, I grew up musically with bands like Metallica and songs like Master of Puppets. Downstrokes, played fast, hard and precise. Just rockers. Privately I'm more the type of "Lonesome Rider", and that with pleasure and conviction.

Scent-wise - I admit it, too - I am rather a sweetie. Gourmand, fruity, preferably vanilla, with some intentional runaways to warm, odd and naturally leathery corners. The emphasis is clearly on "corners", I don't spend much time in "niches". But this is not out of principle, but always based on personal taste and to a certain extent also on the size of my wallet. Everyone, as he likes it. I like it like this.

So, to recap: Rock musicians, pragmatic, independent, willingness to invest in costly hobbies basically exist. (By the way, I am of the opinion that a hobby is only a hobby because it costs something - that's only by the way)

So this guy is strolling through the perfumery and sees a fragrance called
on the Zadig & Voltaire shelf
J U S T R O C K.

Okay.

What's the point of this?

Another perfume that only got its name as an eye-catcher and has nothing to do with it in terms of smell. Yawn!

Shoulders tightened in the leather jacket, broad grin, half condescending and disparaging, the other half amused. Right eyebrow and upper lip slightly raised.
Of course I had to test it.

Left back of the hand exposed, right hand on the spray head, off you go!

Smoke. A lot of smoke. Incense. The vanilla-creamy sweetness of the tonka bean lifts off and on to the head and wants to be noticed. Vanilla itself announces itself, but doesn't want to get past the incense yet, leaving room for it. On purpose.

It immediately catapults myself onto the stage. In front of me the celebrating people, heads move to the rhythm of the bass drum and the palm-mutes. On stage itself the smell of steam from the fog machine. Stroboscope. Glaring spots of the lighting system. Sweat, on the face and hands. Hoping that the plectrum doesn't slip out of your hand or the high E-string breaks.

Smell?

Okay, as time goes by, the smoke clears and the vanilla announces demand. Is let onstage, stay and play second fiddle - uh, guitar. But the smoke sets the tone. That's got to be enough for "scent development." But, let's be honest: The scent is called (pause) JUST (pause) ROCK! (pause). Any questions? No, right?

However, he is - just as we musicians are - flexible. Well, I wouldn't wear it in the middle of summer, but otherwise at any time and for any occasion. In addition, it lasts quite long - eight hours at least - and cannot be ignored, but without being too much of a Ka... too much. Durability and Sillage are - at least for me - in the ideal range.

In short - if one at all, then this can become my signature scent. Just him. Also because he is modest - note the low purchase price - but mainly because he does one thing:

ER ROCKT!

Thanks for reading it!

Just Rock! Rocks!
A really great woodsy oriental with the sweetness of vanilla. Has a warm spicy backdrop. Niche quality. It becomes milky on the dry-down. So glad I picked this one up. No smoke or incense in this oriental. You can definitely blind-buy this one if you like oriental fragrances. 10 / 10 in my books.

Just Rocky
I have to congratulate Zadig & voltaire, many of the perfumes of this house draw on the complexity and artistic sense of niche perfumes, at first I had underestimated just rock, believing that it was the mainstream perfume of the house, the perfume dedicated to the younger public, the sweet of the house to be clear, but I was wrong.
Just-rock is absolutely a mature, warm, soft, woody and vanilla-flavored, compact perfume when I smell the trunk of a tree. The opening, together with TF oud wood, is the most woody one I have ever heard, wood, incense, and very delicate spices, oriental the perfume is very aggressive and courageous, then the bark begins to dissolve and the vanilla pops out, a not too sweet vanilla, almost bitter, made even more frightening by incense, accompanied by patchouli and amber, has the right sweetness and softness that you would like from a good masculine perfume, firm and hard, that embraces and pampers you like a cashmere scarf.
It is a perfume as I said without frills, without edges or notes that prevail more than the others, but emerge at the same time, it is an oak trunk with everything inside it incensed dark vanilla, slightly dusty.
Sillage and performance are average, after the perfume it remains discreet on the skin, it is not a perfume that wants to capture attention but despite this I have received several compliments.
It is very underrated, apparently, but I prefer it to this one, albeit good, but I see it less warm, smoother and more incensed, even more minimal than just rock. It is a fragrance that I definitely can't wait. to use it in Autumn or Winter, very formal, distinct, but with that masculine sweetness that attracts attention, never over the top,a perfume straightforward. Little rock, very rocky.

Rating 8/10
Mystical incense scent
Well, so this is my first comment on this page. Contrary to expectations, I will not compose it to my everyday scent Man in Black (Bvlgari), but to this fragrance, which I happened to test in a large drugstore.

At first our friendship was not under a good star. For some reason, I was reluctant to put the scent on the test strip for a long time while testing. What bothered me? I dunno. Maybe it was the name I didn't like. It couldn't have been the flacon, because it has an interesting shape and fits perfectly to the fragrance, as I finally found out during testing.
The aura of fragrance... this name really fits at this point. Once applied, Just Rock envelops the wearer with enchanting sensations and associations. Gothic cathedrals appear before the mind's eye, memories of mystical places unfold and - without wanting to - one is sucked into the effect of the fragrance. Maybe others have other impressions. I, for one, know of few fragrances that evoke such strong aesthetic images in me as this one. Perhaps it is due to the sacred incense note, which enters into a mystical symbiosis with the strong vanilla note, reminiscent of typical gothic smells. Certainly the subliminal patchouli contributes to this impression.
Just Rock certainly does not have a stunningly exciting fragrance. It changes very little; the initially strong smoky note gives way to vanilla after a while. But that's exactly what I like about the fragrance: it stays good and just gets a little warmer, without being too strong. The fragrance has a very good durability and an outstanding Sillage! If you apply too much, you can easily fill a whole room with smoky vanilla. I tried the scent and was immediately thrilled.
After this test experience, I started my way home through a dark section of forest and smelled the smoke aroma of a freshly lit open fire from a distance - what would go better with this scent?

Wow. Just WOW.
Some months ago I got a bottle Zadig&Voltaire: This Is Him! as a blindbuy and, maaaaan it was an instant love. A little later i realised there are some later releases from Zadig&Voltaire, so I tried the This is rock! too, and it was the same, and different at the same time. Its definetly the same dna, but with less sweetness and much more smokiness. WOW! If this fragrances are persons, the “This is Him! is a cool, leather jacket 25-30 badboy type guy, and “This is rock!” is the sams guy after 5-10 years.

Its really hard to desribe: Its a leather-jacket style fragrance too, but in a bit more mature way than the this is him!, so you can probably use easier with a dark suit, or something formal dress, but you smell much more younger than guy with a Tom Ford Noir
Smoky contemporary
I discovered Just Rock! the way I like to discover new fragrances most: I'm at leisure while trying rum in the perfumery. A few seconds after spraying it on my wrist, I knew, "I must have that." Immediately I had certain images in my head when I smelled it: a sparsely lit bar, dark curtains - perhaps made of velvet -, hints of cigarette smoke creeping up from the smoking area one door down, the clicking of cues on a worn green billiard table and laced leather shoes. If a fragrance gives me such a myriad of impressions within a few seconds, then there is something special about it, and the Black Friday special offers made my purchase decision even easier.

Now, a few weeks later, I am more than satisfied with the purchase. The fragrance is distinctive, has a lot of character and yet is unobtrusive on the skin, and is always noticeable when you almost forget you are wearing it. From time to time he might like to spread out a little more in the room.
Keyword space: I have not yet found the ideal environment to wear Just Rock! Over Christmas, I'd put it on occasionally. With warm, closed rooms where it smells of coffee, fried food and biscuits, it does not get along as well as with the fresh winter air or bright, open restaurants. There's still a lot of rum to try out.
The bottle is beautiful, but unfortunately opaque, even if you hold it against the light, which bothers me a little bit.

Conclusion: With Just Rock! you get for a pretty fair price an angular, heavy scent, which, when it develops beautifully, smells incredibly good and plays certain images directly into your head. Not everyone will like it and it is guaranteed to be too heavy for some people, but those who "dare" it will get something special, of high quality and strong character. I really like that little smoke bomb.

HermeshHermesh 1 month ago
Dark vanilla, a little scratchy and fresh due to spices, quite dense due to patchouli, plus a little bit milky.

All in all classy!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
There's something I dislike in the scent, maybe the dark vanilla with my skin chemistry. I get also incense, spices and tonka bean.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
Simple composition but it works.sweetness of vanilla&tonka balanced with incense &spices.I wouldn’t even call this dark.it is linear for me
TsoTso 11 months ago
Dark, smoky, sweet, sexy - This one delivers with compliments. Nice longevity (8+ hours on me) and above average projection. A Winner!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
A gorgeous dark and smoky scent on the trail of Morabito Black Agent. The Incense together with the black patchouli make an exquisite blend.
DemeteraDemetera 2 years ago
Easy to describe: Same DNA with more, but moderate sweetness and tons of smokyness. This is the darker/less everyday version of This is Him!

by Dibella
by Vrabec
by Sensitiv
by Sensitiv

Popular Zadig & Voltaire

This Is Him! by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! by Zadig & Voltaire Just Rock! pour Elle by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Do Anything by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Love! pour Lui by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! No Rules by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Us! by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Love! pour Elle by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Be Crazy by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Him by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! No Rules by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Say Anything by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Me! by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Her by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! Art 4 All by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! Art 4 All by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 3 - L'Être by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! Capsule Collection by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! Capsule Collection by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Her Limited Edition by Zadig & Voltaire