This Is Her! 2016

This Is Her! by Zadig & Voltaire
This Is Her! is a perfume by Zadig & Voltaire for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-creamy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International. Pronunciation

Silk, Cashmere, Jasmine sambac, Pink pepper, Chestnut, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by CPL, last update on 13.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Joséphine Le Tutour.

That's clearly YOU, that's ME
Do you know this one moment? You're out and about somewhere and for a brief moment you pass through an invisible scent cloud, turn around and check out the people around you to see who this cloud is coming from. Who is this one person who tries to communicate his fantasies in an olfactory way? Who wants to impress you. For such a moment provides "this is her" by Zadig & Voltaire.

When the perfume was still new on the market (2016), it was rather an insider tip among wearers. At least that's what I was told by the saleswoman. It was an extraordinary fragrance that you recognize everywhere. Right away I liked "this is her" and of course I picked it up and what can I say, it's a fragrance that makes me feel very feminine. Now the question might arise, where does feeling feminine begin, how does femininity feel, how can this be defined, ... ? This question can answer each / everyone for themselves.

Interesting I find the flacon, because it stands in a riesen contrast to the perfume itself. Should I visualize the color of the perfume imaginary, it would be dark red and not white like the flacon. Or let me explain it this way, the true potential of the perfume is not apparent with this bottle.

The perfume is very sweet, creamy, woody I like to wear this one at night instead of during the day. At night all year round, "this is her" is a perfect companion. A perfume for the sweet, wicked, dark night.

The song Streets by Doja Cat goes well with this perfume (the window scene).
PennyPearl
For late summer, autumn, winter, ah, thoughtfully dosed actually for every occasion :)
The summer does not want to go yet finally and wrestles with the autumn, which announces itself already with all its spiciness, the air is still warm and still the flowers remain steadfast, although the first leaves already fall;
an intermediate stage, metamorphosis, indecisive-ambivalent, which this fragrance represents for my sensation.
The opening is herbaceous-spicy like a thick, creamy white salve, clean and heavy-smelling.
Then the red silky thread that makes up the entire fragrance creeps in, it becomes lighter and more powdery.
A very slight underlying sweet acidity blends in, something earthy, probably the chestnut. In any case, interesting, it attracts the olfactory attention.
Then first not much happens, but I think fragrances can also be straightforward, it does not always need a thriller with many twists ;)
Sometimes you just need poetry, the expression of a melancholic, dreamy or mysterious mood.
Eventually the fragrance becomes woody, delicate light woods with a soft, spicy powdery vanilla that doesn't contain any gourmand sweetness.

I found the perfume directly interesting from the scent notes years ago: creamy, slightly spicy and very slightly sweet towards the end, powdery, no fruits, feminine without wanting to please in a chummy way, special but not overbearing or crazy.
Smells it on the wrist for my nose though rather quiet, others around me perceive him well, however, and I got some compliments on this fragrance.
For me, a fragrance that wanted to become one with my skin instead of annoying like a foreign body or a mask.
Exceptionally good...
About a year ago I came across this fragrance by chance. I have a small bag with a lot of samples that you get from time to time at Douglas. One morning I reached in there and held the sample of This is her in my hand, which I had ignored for a very long time.
The pictured bottle I found very unimpressive and I also foolishly assumed that the fragrance is exactly the same. But what came to me was something completely different. Something in the kind I have never smelled until now on someone. I was surprised and overwhelmed at the same time. Initially, the fragrance is rather unisex, however, it develops after a while sweeter and creamier and has more and more of the stated fragrance notes.
I find the chestnut gives the fragrance again something very special. He makes on the skin a beautiful development through. Sillage and durability are top.

I was already so often asked about this fragrance and re-bought he was also. Mostly it is asked in the round "what smells so good here???". Nevertheless, you have to like it and especially also properly dose. As a blind buy maybe not suitable but definitely worth a test. Who wants an extraordinary fragrance for little money, which is here in any case right.
I personally love him and recommend him gladly :)
The white lace blouse
Definitely a statement! Very unusual for a feminine fragrance, because it seduces so not at all about the eroticism. Reminds me somehow of clean laundry or after a good fabric softener, but I have never smelled so.
If I make 2 sprays it is often too blatant for me... then I get slightly nauseous from it....
used sparingly I feel very comfortable in this warm chestnut cream....

My friend said the scent smells like Berlin in the 20s.... If then I associate it with a virginal young woman from that era. She is petite and in her mid-20s, and attends a Charleston evening for the first time in innocently buttoned white lace blouse. With her innocence and grace, she attracts the attention of all the "going out" crowd and quite unknowingly trumps all those in rhinestones and tassels.
Tinibee
YES! BUT. Finding the right fragrance balance (+ extra: instruction manual against headaches)
Dear sniffle nose,

one thing in advance: I think every fragrance deserves to be tested without bias. So read on only if you have already made your experience with "This is her".

I stumbled upon "This is her" a few years ago and had THE revelation. I'm sure you're all familiar with the following situation: you're walking along and suddenly you're surprised by a breeze that unexpectedly wraps you in a heavenly veil, as if an angel himself had whizzed past you. One moment you're still dazed by the beauty, the next moment you become a scent-hungry sleuth, nervously following the trail like a lemming. That's how I felt about my arm when I first sprayed "This is Her" on for testing - I could've spun around my arm sniffing continuously like a dog that doesn't know it's chasing its own tail. But now enough with the animal comparisons and back to the topic! :)
The fragrance is unisex, but that doesn't make it any less attractive to women - on the contrary: for me, unisex fragrances have something erotic about them. And in fact I was relatively often addressed on the fragrance by all genders.
Attention, trigger warning! For all those who love "This is her" unreservedly, it may now slowly become uncomfortable. Those who feel similarly to me may find themselves right back. I wore "This is her" for about a year...until the headaches came. This doesn't have to be because of the scent per se, but is probably because I've been avoiding synthetic and strong fragrances in cosmetics, detergents, and cleaning products for a while now, and have become more sensitive as a result. (By the way, I also react to other perfumes quickly with headaches) If you also have such a fine nose as I do, but you do not want to do without "This is her" completely, you get from me, ONLY HERE AND ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME ;), the ultimate manual:

1) Wear the fragrance rarely and only as a going out fragrance or on special occasions. Most of the time you are then a little woozy anyway and a light perfume would be lost among all the smells anyway. Showers you before going to bed, so that you do not inhale the fragrance at night (and sleeps best with the window open) 2) Spray the scent only with a light spray. He is intense enough, so that you can perceive him even then. If necessary, it can be layered with a more natural fragrance and thus also gets a more individual touch.
3) Do not spray on your clothes. There the fragrance remains longer synthetic.
4) Wears it best not directly on your neck or chest, so it pulls permanently directly from the bottom up into your nose and makes you all dizzy. Ask someone if he/she can spray the scent on your upper back.
5) Choose the right time of year for the scent. It is even heavier in the air on mid-summer days than on cooler days, when it is less depressing to the senses.

"This is her" is a fragrance that is attractive to Otto-normal people. Sophisticated scent-noses are less able to relate to it and usually find it clichéd, flat and too strong. If I had to choose between a bath in a pack of fabric softener and a walk in the woods, I'd go for the walk in the woods - in other words: you shouldn't wear "This is her" too much and too often. That's how I'll keep it: Generally wear the light, more natural fragrances. And if it may be sometimes more, then a breath "This is her", layered with a green fragrance - then I get some well-meaning looks - YES! BUT no migraine.
SimgeBky
ℂ?????? ????????? ?? ????????????
The perfume is extravagant and not everyone smells like it - I can't even think of a scent similar to it. Thanks to chestnut, vanilla and sandalwood, this creation becomes so beautifully woody-warm that I smoothly find myself at the chestnut stand and open the bag of warm, roasted chestnuts. The jasmine brings in a floral component that gains a certain effervescence and spice from the pink pepper.
Heat and cream
I sit in front of the fireplace, wrapped in a warm cashmere blanket. It's a cool autumn day, the weather doesn't know whether it's already time for snow or whether the leaves should still fall. I don't care, because there is a warmth inside me that comes from this scent. For hours I enjoy the sensual scent that is transferred from my skin to my clothes. Cuddle mood and desire for a warm creamy dessert spreads.
In short: Delicious
Declaration of love
This perfume has been around for a few years now, but I never paid any attention to it and always walked past it in the perfumery!
I always found the bottle very unspectacular, somehow not my taste at all! In addition, I was convinced that This is her is rather a clean-fresh-sporty fragrance. (how such a flacon can lead one astray ;))
This is namely so not at all my scent!

Somehow, however, I have constantly heard and read about him and then became quite curious!
Arrived in the perfumery I tried times some other perfumes that also interested me, but I was pretty disappointed, most were pretty boring and smelled all the same!
Quite saddened I went then to Zadig & Voltaire - This is her, great expectations I had actually no longer!

But after spraying it on, it was, as stupid as it sounds a magical moment! Something so pleasantly warm, sweet, delicious but at the same time masculine I have never smelled! I was like in another world!
I had the urge to buy it right away, but reason prevailed!
However, I could not stop sniffing it even at night in bed I still smelled it and I could not get it out of my head!
The very next day I'm back in the perfumery and bought me 100 ml, in addition, I still have a 50ml bottle for my handbag! It really is my fragrance!

Many find it too sweet, many even find it so masculine that it passes for a unisex fragrance! I think he just has the perfect blend and has been asked very often!
As a blind buy I would not title but, for that he is too special!
He holds quite long on the skin, on the clothes he smells even the next day!
TinkiB
"What's that hot scent you're wearing?"
Short and sweet. THE perfume with which I get the most compliments and I have never been asked so often what I am wearing. It has also already been bought by several friends. Is there a better compliment? I love the fragrance, because it has something special for me and I don't know anything similar on the market. It smells a bit masculine, but definitely very feminine. The perfume smells woody, creamy and fresh. But not just citric or anything. I think either you love it or you just find it weird. So it's best not to make a blind buy. For example, my ex-sister-in-law hates that smell. Gave her that scent once for Christmas, and all she said was "yuck." Well, since I didn't like her, I put on this scent extra thick every time I saw her ;)
Fancynancy
I am a butterscotch on legs
I understand that the spirits are divided on this scent. It is special and not everyone's (woman) thing. I love extraordinary scents and "This is her" immediately but really immediately captivated me. However, again, the phenomenon that the smell in the perfumery was different from the one at my home. In the perfumery the woody, smoky note came immediately, slightly scratchy in the nose - just crazy. But also a slight freshness. So I got the scent almost immediately, applied it at home and was a little irritated at first. The vanilla came out very clearly. Not my favourite at first - I thought. Later the cedar wood. All in all it was still very fragrant for my nose but after a few hours and a bit of warmth, the scent just knocks me out. I smell like a caramel candy. It smells warm, woody, cinnamon, caramel. I love that smell. It makes me so happy. It's not the kind of love I'm used to, but I don't care. They have to go through it. Sync and corrections by n17t01 ❤

VlaryaVlarya 11 months ago
Tested it next to This is love: This is her is less sweet, more chestnutty and has better longevity. This is love is sweeter, more floral.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
A strange chimera of notes that aren't too sure what they are meant to be. Teenage angst in a bottle? Maybe.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
This minimal and almost "cold" bottle hide a soft and cocooning cloud made of Jasmine, vanilla touches and warm cashmere . Discrete sillage
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Interesting and fancy combination of creamy warm milk with vanilla and fresh (initially somewhat synthetically sharp) notes.

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland
This is Her... memory
by Zelena
Am baltischen Herbst Strand.
by Smitty
by Babsiii
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Zadig & Voltaire

Just Rock! pour Lui by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! by Zadig & Voltaire Just Rock! pour Elle by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Do Anything by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Love! pour Lui by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! No Rules by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Love! pour Elle by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Us! by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Him by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! No Rules by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Say Anything by Zadig & Voltaire Girls Can Be Crazy by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Me! by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Her by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 3 - L'Être by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Her! Capsule Collection by Zadig & Voltaire This Is Him! Capsule Collection by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Her Limited Edition by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 1 - La Pureté for Him Limited Edition by Zadig & Voltaire Tome 2 - La Légèreté by Zadig & Voltaire