This Is Her! (2016)

This Is Her! by Zadig & Voltaire

This Is Her! is a perfume by Zadig & Voltaire for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-creamy. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Silk, Cashmere, Arabic jasmine, Pink pepper, Chestnut, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by CPL, last update on 06.09.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Joséphine Le Tutour.

5.0 10.0 10.0 2.0/10

TraumA
I had a sample of "this is her" months ago. Of course I tested the fragrance because the content actually appeals to me. Jasmine, vanilla, silk... sounds very promising.
When I wore it, however, I found it very disturbing. The smell of rubber spread in a very penetrating way.
I got really sick of the smell, so I had to wash it off.

I didn't want to smell him anymore and I didn't for a very long time. Until today... my colleague came to work after me. I smelled it from afar. The scent was very familiar to me and I suspected something bad.
I asked her, "Oh, my God, what are you wearing?" And she very proudly: "zadig & voltaire". But she told me another scent from that brand. (Thought I'd want to buy it for her. Not in life, she could have given it as a present!!!)

What I smelled of rubber was the mixture of sweet rubber and plastic. Their alleged two sprayers were room-filling. I could barely breathe. We kept a safe distance all day. Even when I went out to the break and came back again, I smelled the scent already before the door. As in the shop that sells the handmade cosmetics and bath bombs, a fragrance cloud formed outside. I was dreading entering the store.

After shifting I left today traumatized my work.
He's still hanging up my nose.
She promised me she wouldn't wear it if we worked together. At least something.

You gotta hand it to him. If you can trust her words (which I don't believe) he is a real Sillage monster with a mega durability.

If you like him, I guess it's a matter of taste. I for my part can say stay away from me with this devil stuff!

I never thought I'd ever say this because I think everyone should wear what they like. No matter where and at what time of the day/season, everything has changed.
For all who like him: please spare your fellow men! One sprayer is enough and please not in closed rooms. With this scent you can really do considerable damage ;)
9.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Journey through time
The first time spray: Boah sweet! Cotton candy! Definitely. Or?
Then, is that caramelized popcorn? Reminds me of the circus I used to go to when I was a kid.
A bit later: Werther's Original! Oh, what did I love back in school.
Caramelized almonds - mhhhhm - I always smelled at the train station in Munich during my studies.
Now: Cream brulee! Lovely. Dinner at the fancy restaurant.

And despite the nostalgic sweetness, the perfume has some spiciness. Very modern!

This perfume moved in with me after long consideration. I wanted something a little different from my other scents. At first I thought he wasn't going! Much too cute! But then he changed on my skin and I really like that. I find it sweet but not only, also a bit spicy and fresh which makes it a little edgy. I guess that's the pepper. Yes, the scent has whistled!
And it's recognizable. When they sprayed the turquoise, all the sales girls shouted, "Oh, somebody tested this is her!" So it even stands out in already scented air. That's what I want! It's perfect for days when I want to smell a little different.
I've read a lot of bad things about the scent but I think it's great! Suits me. A little sweet, a little spicy.

By the way, I think it's for men, too. If "man" dares
6.0 8.0 7.0 9.0/10

A sea of vanilla foam
I close my eyes and dive into a sea of warm vanilla foam. As soon as I inhale, I have a precise idea of a creamy, fluffy consistency. Back there, a mild chestnut swims and gently nestles against my face. Only now do I perceive something biting. That must be what is more often described in comments on "This is her" as burning tires, but I love it. Like a claw that appears between the cream vanilla waves, it appears, grabs me and pulls me down.

When you smell him like that, you imagine an autumnal winter scent. I was allowed to smell it extensively on a woman in Berlin, in the late spring sun.
This is Her has shone to a light breeze.
What exactly makes the fragrance appear light and fresh, I unfortunately can't guess.

Anyway, I wish more women would wear it
8.0 9.0 10.0 4.5/10

olfactory tattoo or Wolfcraft 3119000
It has to come out. I have already written two comments today and actually wanted to make a perfume break...but...See first sentence.
Twelve hours ago I was a test sniffer in the city and was attracted to the minimalist cool white bottle of 'This is her'. I expected a state fragrance of a particularly fine, refined kind. There's a thousand and one fragrances that 'she' or 'he' wanted to get to the heart of the matter. That's why I was curious about this vision of the subject. From the bottle I expected something clear, aquatic-fresh, probably a bit unisex, I had already seen the advertising photos and found the models for both fragrances (her, him) quite androgynous.

So far, so good. Sprayed a strip of paper. I'll hold your nose to it.

Bang! One shot to the head. It smells so synthetic that my fuses are blown.

It is not so easy for me to describe this olfactory experience now without becoming abusive. To a certain extent handcrafted, it reminds me of the smell (not taste, therefore without mint) of Tictacs which have long been lying in the glove compartment. Tictacs are coated with carnauba wax and perfumed with a sugary synthetic vanilla. And if there's one thing I can't stand.
Who cannot imagine the smell, think of the vanilla scented candle from the 1€ shop, which he got last time with the Wichteln.

So, and to stay in this experience room glove compartment, it smells as if somebody after a long drive in a too hot car, after a not wanting drive through South Tyrolean serpentines has his fruit grits on this glove compartment......well, you know. And then everything had run down and the smell of this vomit was then drawn into the hot plastic and stayed there forever. After years someone found the Tictacs again in the glove compartment, completely undamaged, but the expiry date is probably already over. You can try it sometime.
This is her.
Please take this as a neutral analysis of the fragrance pyramid.

I took this test tyre home carelessly and touched it again at home. I can still smell it in my hand after twelve hours, even though today I prepared fish, changed my babies and washed my hands a thousand times.
My already in another comment mentioned funny son (13 J) held the stripe of the cat under the nose. The cat made a very similar face as I did on first contact. If I remember correctly, I was also hissing and humping. Earlier I said good night to the chick. Nose to mouth.
This is her.

Oh yeah: Wolfcraft makes first-class emery papers, maybe it'll work.
1.0 0.5/10

Sugary killer
Got a sample with another purchase arrived yesterday and I was not at all impressed.

This fragrance it's a sickly punch of whipped cream and vanilla, heavy to the point it would choke you. Chestnut just perceptible.

As for the other notes mentioned in its description (sandalwood, cashmere wood, silk tree blossom, pink pepper, jasmine, vanilla) none of them seem to come to surface, at any given time. It also smells somewhat synthetic.

I was hesitant to try it anyway on my wrist... I sprayed from very far away.... had to wash it off after 30 minutes!
It required some proper scrubbing with a soap bar to come off, for it wouldn't leave me. I felt chased by its overwhelming - for all the wrong reasons - drydown! No, no no. Thanks, no.

It might be her... but it's most definitely not me.
5.0 4.0 7.0 7.5/10

Chameleon
When the scent came out I tested it and found it terrible. Dark, woody, pentrant and prickly, to run away from and very intense.
Later I won a competition on Facebook and a great big Zadig & Voltaire scarf. I wore it every day during the winter and still love it today. At that time I could not understand that the so great cloths and so terrible perfumes make.

Then at some point the bile was taken from me and afterwards I tested it again. My perfume taste had completely changed. I found it interesting after spraying on and later it resulted in a warm woody mixture on my skin which I did not like sooo much. I didn't want to buy it yet.
But this winter I suddenly like everything that smells sandal woody, warm woody and spicy. I'm literally addicted to it. So I thought I'd get the This is her! home. Together with a key ring in the gift set with 30%, thanks to Sale Thread.

And what can I say? I feel the scent now only as a slightly woody breath. Chestnut, yes with benevolence you can smell it and later also sandalwood, because of me, but so dark and penetrating I felt it at the beginning, it is not like that. It also has a fresh, woody creamy note. Jasmine can only be guessed at best.
I guess there are at least two components in here that I can't (anymore) smell. Oh dear, something has been taken from my fragrant life. Probably that's why the fragrance smells different for everyone. Some simply don't smell the scent building blocks and others smell stronger.
Now it is for me a well-groomed, creamy, clean-woody breath, which still lies on the skin the next day. I'd like him to be stronger, but he's all right to smell nice and well-groomed.

As the next step I ordered Dior Addict EDP, which for others also "only" smells vanilla, but for me in my memory is the next higher (penetrating) wooden step.

I will gladly accept suggestions if you have any idea what I am looking for. It should also always smell clearly feminine.

Trucklady 106 days ago
A strange chimera of notes that aren't too sure what they are meant to be. Teenage angst in a bottle? Maybe.
6.0
Jazzy76 6 months ago
This minimal and almost "cold" bottle hide a soft and cocooning cloud made of Jasmine, vanilla touches and warm cashmere . Discrete sillage
5.0
6.0
Hermesh 3 years ago
Interesting and fancy combination of creamy warm milk with vanilla and fresh (initially somewhat synthetically sharp) notes.+2

by ChopIsland
by ChopIsland
This is Her... memory
by Zelena
Am baltischen Herbst Strand.
by Smitty