Signature 2018 Eau de Parfum

Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Zaharoff
Signature (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Zaharoff for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Perfumers

Claude Dir, Mane

Top Notes Top NotesGuatemala cardamomGuatemala cardamom
French lavenderFrench lavender
Zanzibar black pepperZanzibar black pepper
PearPear
Provençal blue cedar
Heart Notes Heart NotesKahili gingerKahili ginger
Virginia cedarVirginia cedar
Indonesian oudIndonesian oud
Florentine irisFlorentine iris
Pimento leafPimento leaf
Canadian fir balsamCanadian fir balsam
Base Notes Base NotesAustralian sandalwoodAustralian sandalwood
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Black amberBlack amber
Chinese myrrhChinese myrrh
Ethiopian frankincenseEthiopian frankincense

Submitted by Flo92, last update on 21.08.2021.

N471v3
Really great non fragrance and why he was allowed to go
I let myself be convinced by the most positive reviews and euphoric comments across the Interweb of this Nichen perfume, and ordered a bottle directly from the manufacturer.

Well, 95 € for 60 ml is now not exactly little, but for a high-quality non-fragrance, whose ingredients the manufacturer has handpicked most personally around the world over the years, ;P that's actually not much. I mean, for other brands like Roja you pay equal times 4-digit, without it then automatically smells particularly useful. ;P

You know that, - there are just non-fragrances with which is the pointer on the "usefulness scale" rather direction "work of art", and others there is the pointer rather direction "useful everyday object".
And with the name "Signature", the maker marries the fragrance yes virtually with everyday life, so if where this synonym stands, I expect of course that the fragrance is super everyday.

And I have to be honest, this is Signature. This is a Fougere-like, classic but timeless fragrance that shines with very natural scent notes, and is actually really, really wearable in everyday life.
It shows its specialness, its non-soul through the perfect balance of accords, which I would title as fougere, somewhat fresh-fruity, slightly greenish and maybe "borderline barbershop". Woody it is too, but more as a bottom of the presentation, and less as a note to put your finger on.
But it has to be said, it smells as multi-layered as the many individual notes suggest, and I feel almost any categorization is inappropriate.

What clearly stands out, because it's the only thing that stands out for me, is the comfortably embedded green, fresh pear that shines especially in the opening and middle part of the scent. In the Drydown after some time, takes over for my feeling then a typical, but not stinky Oud note, which is also very nice.

Again and again when sniffing one catches in addition smoky impressions the probably myrrh + frankincense spring, certainly but also bit the oud and cardamom. The sandalwood is a sweet, soft, almost fluffy base, which gives the whole room to work, and embeds the whole composition a bit. I admit I've only smelled it since I read it. But since then, it reminds me of the fluffy sandalwood in Valentino Uomo Noir Absolu, just much more tame and unassuming.

All in all, a great fragrance, and now that I smell of my last test paper strip while writing, since I have already sold the bottle, you're probably wondering why I did this, - sound but my descriptions rather praising and positive.

And here we come quite clearly to my personal taste, and the very subjective part of my review:

For me, Signature is a little too pleasing, a little too flat. Maybe uneventful is a better description.... hmm.

Personally, I just like to wear fragrances that always tickle me a bit in the soul, that radiate a little more than a "smoothly ironed shirt". The something polarize, challenge, and glow. And for that, I guess "Signature" lacks something like ambroxan, iso-e-super, tonka bean, or something else funky. :D
(I'm just really a mainstream victim, you can tell now... ^^)

I know, if there was a Parfumo pyre, just quite a lot of readers wished me on this Drauf. ':D
But as I said, this is something very personal and my taste.

It would also be enough for me if the note constellation had a bit more gourmandiges, or woody inne, so that the fragrance comes across a bit more broad-shouldered and offensive. (See Amouage Dia Man, even if a completely different fragrance)

But so, I would casual, as a seasonal signature fragrance for work and play, probably almost always prefer Alltime Stars like Sculpture, Le Male, Fierce, or YSL L'Homme Le Parfum / Y Le Parfum. Or if we say it should also be a pear-focused fragrance, Coach for Men, or Ultra Male.

Yep, now you may finally light the virtual funeral pyre. :D

So to me he just does not crack enough, the good Signature. But he already has what to offer, is beautifully made, pleasant, somehow unique (have this constellation so not yet smelled), a real little work of art for eternity.
And packaging as well as product presentation are extremely loving, the bottle clicks beautifully, the cap can only snap at the right angle. And there is a thank you letter from the manufacturer, as well as a sketch of the flacon blueprint enclosed.
The box is valuable, but appropriate, and without waste of resources.

All in all, a great product that is worth its queried money all the time, just unfortunately for me not quite suitable.

I thus pass the luminous torch to the new owner, may you appreciate and enjoy its benefits! :))

The taster now leaves the stage.
[Tomatoes flying]

Pedito
One of the best perfumes for Men in decades!
Barbershop, lavender, fougere... really? Goodness gracious what moron started this nonsense until it snowballed!

Zaharoff Pour Homme is an oudy oriental, not a fougere. Zaharoff Signature is an agarwood dominant focused scent with loads of balmy, smoky resins smoldering everywhere like frankincense and myrrh, creamy sandalwood, glorious amber, subtly soapy florals blended in harmony, mouth drooling amber and of course the cat nip to humans, patchouli. This is a deeply woody/balsamic/incensy/smoky perfume through and through... hardly anything considered to be ‘barbershop’. It is elegant, exotic, well mannered if applied correctly as in next to nothing. Extremely intoxicating because the agarwood resin used in this is top notch. If you apply one teeny spritz of this far away from your nose, it’s glorious, smoky oud trails all day.

Legit, the majority of everyone has this scent all wrong. All, wrong. Trust me.

I don’t know who started the ‘lavender craze’ on this or why everyone keeps smelling fucking lavender that I kinda personally loathe (the art of suggestion is a powerful thing) but, this is not a friggin’ lavender focused perfume, fuck already. If it was, hello eBay. Agarwood would be the very first voted note, not lavander.

Lavender is noticeable yes within the first 20 minutes or so until it fades away quickly. This is a soapy, oud dominant perfume that’s the staring role from opening well into the far and long lasting dry down. Easily after 18 hours of this on my skin, it’s a stunning and totally wearable agarwood of very good quality ‘that’s’ supported by a lovely rose/patch duo, resins, sandalwood and amber with a bit of jasmine flower with nearly nil lavender in sight. For real. Where the fuck is this lavander?!

The perfume is very complex and dense that I personally find from reading a lot of these reviews that it’s up to experience. I can perceive everything in this scent and it’s definitely agarwood front and center. A superb one at that. It is very potent and requires 1 spray if that, maybe a spritz on your core area to be appreciated for what it really is and, the best part is that it lasts for ages because it’s oud, genuine intoxicating oud.

I did not purchase from George’s website although I did receive a sample long ago, I think when this was released and found it like nothing else. Not only is the scent itself being complex, it is executed perfectly. Not too strong, not too weak with a very dynamic scent pyramid. The best part though is that it smells amazing. Warm, friendly.

I found a 120ml flacon on eBay recently for a good price and had to buy it (sorry George). I have played with this perfume to discover that it is amazing beyond recognition for a few reasons, more than one.

Firstly, I am an agarwood fan when agarwood is presented properly. The oud used in this perfume is absolutely killer. This is without a doubt an oud dominant perfume. The oud is dry and deeply woody but squeaky clean. It is not dominating in the sense that it’s a quality agarwood note with all of it’s dampness and slight funk but more so that it’s been blended perfectly.

I am a ‘huge’ fan of the house of Ajmal who personally I think is the best perfume house in the Middle East and this perfume, Zaharoff Pour Homme Signature reminds me of something that Ajmal would release in their ‘W’ Series line. But of course... Ajmal’s would be nuclear strong. I own an incredibly rare perfume from Ajmal named Exotic Amber. The oud in that reminds me of the oud here to a T. It’s dry, blonde, deep, a tad swampy and completely intoxicating.

Zaharoff Pour Homme is a very well blended scent. The oud/rose/jasmine/patchouli combo with the sandalwood and amber back drop is killer... killer!

I find Zaharoff as far more Middle Eastern than what anyone is actually thinking they’re smelling. Smell more closely though and you just might find a classic oud/rose duo being cleverly hidden. Excellent job and probably one of the best perfumes to come down the turn pike in decades, no bullshit.

Kudos to you George...

"Signature" Scent Worthy!
Such a beautiful in-offensive bright woody aromatic fougere that it's hard not to love. It's a fragrance that you can't really hate. A fragrance that smells familiar yet refreshing to the olfactive pallet at the same time. Opening so beautiful that you want to smell it again and again.

⭕️ I am new to fougere and I am very picky when it comes to fragrances that have lavender as a note listed on this. However, when I first smelled it I realized lavender could be done in a way I would really enjoy.

There is a classic/ evergreen feel to this fragrance. Signature smells like it's well blended and quiet leaning on a masculine side (in my opinion). However, any woman can also rock this one.

⭕️ The fragrance is spicy and slight zingy however there is also an underlying sweetness to it. There are creamy aspects to the scent 30 mins after you spray it. It starts with quiet "soapy" lavender style openings and ends with the most beautiful woody and creamy dry down that I definitely love more than the opening. It also had oud in the heart that gives the fragrance depth and gives it a masculine touch....

Drydown is quiet balsamic amber like with creaminess of sandalwood.

⭕️ An overall beautiful blend that you can wear all year round and is a mix of modern and classic, fresh and woody, sweet and spicy. Overall, a delight to wear. If you like the sound of it I would definitely encourage you to sample it.
Love at first sight...
When I found my old love for fragrances again in the dark days of the lockdown and the closed shops, many old and new fragrances "visited" me in the form of blindbuys and samples.

Many were good and some rather not. Since I love Fougere scents, I also came across Mr. Zaharoff and his signature scent.

I bought a sample right here in the souk and when the nice man from the post office had left, I walked expectantly to the mailbox. And then...?

On the one hand I was happy, but also very annoying. Happy because the whole mailbox smelled so delicious and angry because I thought the bottle was broken. Fortunately it wasn't, but the nice perfume that had sold me the scent had only soiled a little while filling it ;-)

And then it was fragrant about me. Love at first sniff.

The fragrance is so warm, rich and just richting well. You can immediately recognize the great quality of the oils and the special nature of this fragrance. The H/S is fantastic and I am in a good mood immediately when I am allowed to wear this masterpiece.

In my opinion, the presentation is also very successful and fits the content very well. Also the two flankers came into my possession and also a dream. But the first is how often the best and my signature scent.

Thank you very much Mr. Zaharoff!

Landshark321
Excellent, balanced modern men's scent
Today is my second wearing of Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme from George Zaharoff, the 2018 release that has become very popular in the fragrance community. I only tried it for the first time five days ago, long overdue, and it made quite the impression, as well.

It certainly lives up its name immediately as it has the smell of a men’s signature scent, very modern with some more classic touches as well. It’s woody, spicy, musky, and, to make especially modern, sweet. Of the notes, the standouts to me are the lavender, pepper, cardamom, ginger, resins (myrrh, frankincense, amber, and woods (cypress, balsam fir, cedar, sandalwood). The mix of notes is a testament to how well blended it is, and it’s effectively (albeit not overly) sweet without the use of vanilla or other dessert-like elements (save pear), relying instead of the resins to bring out the controlled sweet vibe in contrast to some of the sharper elements of lavender, pepper, and cardamom. There’s oud in the background somewhere too, but admittedly it’s subtle, though I do get vague, slight animalic twinges in the background, very much in the background behind the woods, resins, and spices.

Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme achieves a balance between being a bit familiar (I likened it to the muskiness of Escada Magnetism a bit during my first wearing, and now it feels like there’s a champagne cologne-ness in the background as well, along the lines of Acqua di Parma Colonia) but at the same time it feels modern, new, and a wee bit idiosyncratic, having its own character.

Zaharoff’s pricing is very reasonable for the versatility and elegance of the fragrance, $155/95 for 120/60ml, at EDP concentration. It also performs quite well. I think a bottle is in my future.

8 out of 10

Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme: Modern Gentleman in the bottle
If there was only one thing that I would have to highlight from my experience with Signature, that would be the quality of the composition, and the blend itself.

Here are my quick five takes on Signature:

1.A signature-worthy fragrance for the experienced gentleman.

2.Priced at $95 USD for the smaller 60ml/2oz bottle

3.Woody/Spicey/Aromatic fragrance

4.For day-time wear. Requires a smart casual business outfit.

5.A modern interpretation of an old-school fragrance.

George’s fragrance will be in my rotation in the upcoming Autumn. As someone who has already tested many fragrances during these fragrant years, I have to say that I liked this scent.

If you are interested in my perfume work, you can find me on the web and social media under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.

GewoonBB
Signature Pour Homme (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• ZAHAROFF SIGNATURE POUR HOMME •

George Zaharoff is such a great person, one could almost forget that his fragrance might not live up to the hype (or forgive him if it doesn't). Spoiler: It does live up to the hype, so much that I already have a bottle on the way!

I wanted to get Signature Pour Homme just to support the brand, but I wouldn't blind buy it. It's a bit of a fougère style fragrance, and I don't usually wear those, so I was glad to sample it first. Luckily for me, this is not a straight-forward or lavender heavy fougère. Upon spraying, you definitely get that vibe, but the lavender is toned down, modern, smoothened and well-balanced. Signature Pour Homme starts off somewhere between a throwback to the fragrances that my father used to wear (no idea which, might have been a Van Gils) and a more modern, clean vetiver along the lines of Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver. There's a lot of great smelling brightness in the opening as well, in a similar way the Acqua Di Parma DNA pulls it off. One of the better openings I've smelled and it screams quality.

After a short while, this changes up on you. To my nose, the more classic fougère scent fades, and it simultaneously becomes more of a soapy vetiver and a bit darker or more masculine. It's quite complex, with wafts of a woody heaviness (there's oud) and wafts that remind me of Grey Vetiver. Later in the drydown, the soapiness turns into more of warm linen on my skin and there's a hint of sweetness. Eventhough the scent is completely different, this has the same perfect combination of masculinity and cleanliness that reminds me of Amouage Reflection Man. Texture wise as well, despite the patchouli and incense, it's not as powdery as one would expect. It's very smooth.

Performance is good. Upon my first couple of wears, I feel that projection is moderate, which depending on your preference can be a plus or a minus. I intend to wear this to the office mainly, which I think this is a perfect scent for, so moderate projection is just right. For me this is a winner and I knew I wanted a bottle straight away, which was possible thanks to a generous discount provided by George (* this is not a sponsored post).

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography

World of Yesterday for the World of Tomorrow
Scentrack: Part Time – Lies in the Eyes of Love

Nowadays it is very hard to find a balanced simplicity. Everything is extreme, intense, on steroids and devoid of any sense. “The louder, the better” is the current motto.
Then I sniffed Signature pour Homme, and instantly I was translocated in the past, probably something I smelt as a child during mid 80s in Europe. It was somehow a part of my already open olfactory map, yet somehow novel, and this is the best way to describe Zaharoff Signature pour Homme.
Signature opens with lavender as a backbone of classic European perfumery, accompanied by gentle cardamom. There is a hefty dose of fruitiness, probably pear, which gives a contemporary touch to the composition. This phase strongly reminded of my favorite Frapin 1270. While 1270 is saturated with different fruits and firmly goes to gourmand territory, Signature pour Homme just shyly tiptoes and goes further to Oriental phase. Then the combination of pepper and pimento (reminiscent of another Frapin – Caravelle Epicee) gives an introduction to the oriental woods. These woods are ancient, dark, relaxing. A perfect juxtaposition to modern way of life. Cedar, and sandalwood are darkened with just a touch of liturgical oud and frankincense. Still, the composition is not dense and dark like usual niche releases. It is somehow airy, yet substantial. Old and somehow modern at the same time. This formula is like an olfactive onion with so many peels, waiting to be sensed. One cannot find here major note overdose. Everything is precisely balanced and tweaked to create a new entity.
I believe I got the idea behind this creation – to create a true modern classic. Take the part of our perfumery heritage and paired it with modern tendencies. To unconsciously enjoy the achievements of generations before and boldly step forward.

Thanks to the generosity of George Zaharoff, I had an opportunity to finally test Signature pour Homme. He even sent me a sample overseas. Thanks George!!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
Woody aromatic scent. Manly, classy. Dominant lavender with a juicy pear, black pepper, cardamom. In the heart, oud, iris and sandalwood.
Rmf1112Rmf1112 3 months ago
One of the most overhyped fragrances in the community, but has no wow factor or sexyness. Pleasant and well made but not very interesting
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 1 year ago
Discovered this through @JCopelandSFP and George Zaharoff's own YouTube channel. One of the rare cases where the hype is true. Excellent.

zaharoff - signature pour homme : eine zusammengefasste (entdeckungs)weltreise im flakon - ein wirklich meisterlich kombiniertes ergebnis!
by Felsn
by Narcoperfume
by Narcoperfume

Popular Zaharoff

Signature Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Zaharoff Signature Royale (Eau de Parfum) by Zaharoff Signature Rosé by Zaharoff Brass & Soul by Zaharoff Business Over Pleasure by Zaharoff The Siren by Zaharoff Zaharoff Limited Edition by Zaharoff Signature (Parfum Solid) by Zaharoff Signature Royale (Parfum Solid) by Zaharoff Signature Noir (Parfum Solid) by Zaharoff Zaharoff (Parfum Solid) by Zaharoff Zaharoff (Eau de Parfum) by Zaharoff Signature (After Shave Splash) by Zaharoff Zaharoff pour Homme by Zaharoff