Signature 2018Eau de Parfum

Signature (Eau de Parfum) by Zaharoff
Signature (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Zaharoff for men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Perfumers

Claude Dir, Mane

Top Notes Top NotesGuatemala cardamom, French lavender, Zanzibar black pepper, Pear, Provençal blue cedar
Heart Notes Heart NotesKahili ginger, Virginia cedar, Indonesian oud, Florentine iris, Pimento leaf, Canadian fir balsam
Base Notes Base NotesAustralian sandalwood, Indonesian patchouli, Black amber, Chinese myrrh, Ethiopian frankincense

Submitted by Flo92, last update on 09.01.2021.

"Signature" Scent Worthy!
Such a beautiful in-offensive bright woody aromatic fougere that it's hard not to love. It's a fragrance that you can't really hate. A fragrance that smells familiar yet refreshing to the olfactive pallet at the same time. Opening so beautiful that you want to smell it again and again.

⭕️ I am new to fougere and I am very picky when it comes to fragrances that have lavender as a note listed on this. However, when I first smelled it I realized lavender could be done in a way I would really enjoy.

There is a classic/ evergreen feel to this fragrance. Signature smells like it's well blended and quiet leaning on a masculine side (in my opinion). However, any woman can also rock this one.

⭕️ The fragrance is spicy and slight zingy however there is also an underlying sweetness to it. There are creamy aspects to the scent 30 mins after you spray it. It starts with quiet "soapy" lavender style openings and ends with the most beautiful woody and creamy dry down that I definitely love more than the opening. It also had oud in the heart that gives the fragrance depth and gives it a masculine touch....

Drydown is quiet balsamic amber like with creaminess of sandalwood.

⭕️ An overall beautiful blend that you can wear all year round and is a mix of modern and classic, fresh and woody, sweet and spicy. Overall, a delight to wear. If you like the sound of it I would definitely encourage you to sample it.
Love at first sight...
When I found my old love for fragrances again in the dark days of the lockdown and the closed shops, many old and new fragrances "visited" me in the form of blindbuys and samples.

Many were good and some rather not. Since I love Fougere scents, I also came across Mr. Zaharoff and his signature scent.

I bought a sample right here in the souk and when the nice man from the post office had left, I walked expectantly to the mailbox. And then...?

On the one hand I was happy, but also very annoying. Happy because the whole mailbox smelled so delicious and angry because I thought the bottle was broken. Fortunately it wasn't, but the nice perfume that had sold me the scent had only soiled a little while filling it ;-)

And then it was fragrant about me. Love at first sniff.

The fragrance is so warm, rich and just richting well. You can immediately recognize the great quality of the oils and the special nature of this fragrance. The H/S is fantastic and I am in a good mood immediately when I am allowed to wear this masterpiece.

In my opinion, the presentation is also very successful and fits the content very well. Also the two flankers came into my possession and also a dream. But the first is how often the best and my signature scent.

Thank you very much Mr. Zaharoff!

Landshark321
Excellent, balanced modern men's scent
Today is my second wearing of Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme from George Zaharoff, the 2018 release that has become very popular in the fragrance community. I only tried it for the first time five days ago, long overdue, and it made quite the impression, as well.

It certainly lives up its name immediately as it has the smell of a men’s signature scent, very modern with some more classic touches as well. It’s woody, spicy, musky, and, to make especially modern, sweet. Of the notes, the standouts to me are the lavender, pepper, cardamom, ginger, resins (myrrh, frankincense, amber, and woods (cypress, balsam fir, cedar, sandalwood). The mix of notes is a testament to how well blended it is, and it’s effectively (albeit not overly) sweet without the use of vanilla or other dessert-like elements (save pear), relying instead of the resins to bring out the controlled sweet vibe in contrast to some of the sharper elements of lavender, pepper, and cardamom. There’s oud in the background somewhere too, but admittedly it’s subtle, though I do get vague, slight animalic twinges in the background, very much in the background behind the woods, resins, and spices.

Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme achieves a balance between being a bit familiar (I likened it to the muskiness of Escada Magnetism a bit during my first wearing, and now it feels like there’s a champagne cologne-ness in the background as well, along the lines of Acqua di Parma Colonia) but at the same time it feels modern, new, and a wee bit idiosyncratic, having its own character.

Zaharoff’s pricing is very reasonable for the versatility and elegance of the fragrance, $155/95 for 120/60ml, at EDP concentration. It also performs quite well. I think a bottle is in my future.

8 out of 10

Zaharoff Signature Pour Homme: Modern Gentleman in the bottle
If there was only one thing that I would have to highlight from my experience with Signature, that would be the quality of the composition, and the blend itself.

Here are my quick five takes on Signature:

1.A signature-worthy fragrance for the experienced gentleman.

2.Priced at $95 USD for the smaller 60ml/2oz bottle

3.Woody/Spicey/Aromatic fragrance

4.For day-time wear. Requires a smart casual business outfit.

5.A modern interpretation of an old-school fragrance.

George’s fragrance will be in my rotation in the upcoming Autumn. As someone who has already tested many fragrances during these fragrant years, I have to say that I liked this scent.

If you are interested in my perfume work, you can find me on the web and social media under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.

GewoonBB
Signature Pour Homme (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• ZAHAROFF SIGNATURE POUR HOMME •

George Zaharoff is such a great person, one could almost forget that his fragrance might not live up to the hype (or forgive him if it doesn't). Spoiler: It does live up to the hype, so much that I already have a bottle on the way!

I wanted to get Signature Pour Homme just to support the brand, but I wouldn't blind buy it. It's a bit of a fougère style fragrance, and I don't usually wear those, so I was glad to sample it first. Luckily for me, this is not a straight-forward or lavender heavy fougère. Upon spraying, you definitely get that vibe, but the lavender is toned down, modern, smoothened and well-balanced. Signature Pour Homme starts off somewhere between a throwback to the fragrances that my father used to wear (no idea which, might have been a Van Gils) and a more modern, clean vetiver along the lines of Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver. There's a lot of great smelling brightness in the opening as well, in a similar way the Acqua Di Parma DNA pulls it off. One of the better openings I've smelled and it screams quality.

After a short while, this changes up on you. To my nose, the more classic fougère scent fades, and it simultaneously becomes more of a soapy vetiver and a bit darker or more masculine. It's quite complex, with wafts of a woody heaviness (there's oud) and wafts that remind me of Grey Vetiver. Later in the drydown, the soapiness turns into more of warm linen on my skin and there's a hint of sweetness. Eventhough the scent is completely different, this has the same perfect combination of masculinity and cleanliness that reminds me of Amouage Reflection Man. Texture wise as well, despite the patchouli and incense, it's not as powdery as one would expect. It's very smooth.

Performance is good. Upon my first couple of wears, I feel that projection is moderate, which depending on your preference can be a plus or a minus. I intend to wear this to the office mainly, which I think this is a perfect scent for, so moderate projection is just right. For me this is a winner and I knew I wanted a bottle straight away, which was possible thanks to a generous discount provided by George (* this is not a sponsored post).

Please follow my IG Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography

World of Yesterday for the World of Tomorrow
Scentrack: Part Time – Lies in the Eyes of Love

Nowadays it is very hard to find a balanced simplicity. Everything is extreme, intense, on steroids and devoid of any sense. “The louder, the better” is the current motto.
Then I sniffed Signature pour Homme, and instantly I was translocated in the past, probably something I smelt as a child during mid 80s in Europe. It was somehow a part of my already open olfactory map, yet somehow novel, and this is the best way to describe Zaharoff Signature pour Homme.
Signature opens with lavender as a backbone of classic European perfumery, accompanied by gentle cardamom. There is a hefty dose of fruitiness, probably pear, which gives a contemporary touch to the composition. This phase strongly reminded of my favorite Frapin 1270. While 1270 is saturated with different fruits and firmly goes to gourmand territory, Signature pour Homme just shyly tiptoes and goes further to Oriental phase. Then the combination of pepper and pimento (reminiscent of another Frapin – Caravelle Epicee) gives an introduction to the oriental woods. These woods are ancient, dark, relaxing. A perfect juxtaposition to modern way of life. Cedar, and sandalwood are darkened with just a touch of liturgical oud and frankincense. Still, the composition is not dense and dark like usual niche releases. It is somehow airy, yet substantial. Old and somehow modern at the same time. This formula is like an olfactive onion with so many peels, waiting to be sensed. One cannot find here major note overdose. Everything is precisely balanced and tweaked to create a new entity.
I believe I got the idea behind this creation – to create a true modern classic. Take the part of our perfumery heritage and paired it with modern tendencies. To unconsciously enjoy the achievements of generations before and boldly step forward.

Thanks to the generosity of George Zaharoff, I had an opportunity to finally test Signature pour Homme. He even sent me a sample overseas. Thanks George!!

MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 4 months ago
Discovered this through @JCopelandSFP and George Zaharoff's own YouTube channel. One of the rare cases where the hype is true. Excellent.

zaharoff - signature pour homme : eine zusammengefasste (entdeckungs)weltreise im flakon - ein wirklich meisterlich kombiniertes ergebnis!
by Felsn