8.0 Summer (2020)

8.0 Summer by Zara

8.0 Summer is a new perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2020.

Lemon zest, Mandarin, Apple, Cucumber, Amberwood, Cedarwood, Musk

Submitted by BrokenNose, last update on 06.04.2020.

Warilol
Modern summer resort with slight drydown
In the course of the current isolation I want to use my free time sensibly, do creative things or simply give presents to my loved ones. So I had the idea of ordering all the current ZARA fragrances from the summer collection, reviewing them day by day and finally giving them away for birthdays or other festivities. In this way I give pleasure to others but can also pursue my hobby myself.

In general, I find Zara fragrances quite exciting. They are modern, often of relatively high quality and you can get them for small money in the local stores. Since the fashion house throws their perfumes on the market almost every week, there is often a lack of experience reports in this jungle.

I would like to start with the probably youngest fragrance of the series, the 8.0 Summer. 100 ml could be bought on the website last week for unbeatable 9,99€. Is there still much that can go wrong?

Now that I have spent a good 5 days working on the fragrance, I can confirm that I can perceive pretty much all the ingredients in the fragrance pyramid. Immediately after spraying it on, I am greeted by a mix of tangerine and apple, which is underpinned by a fresh cucumber. To me, it seems less citric, more fruity-creamy with a noticeable note of cucumber. This scenery is less authentic, I would describe it more as a modern synthetic without being negative about it. I attribute the creamy nuances to the amberwood in combination with the tangerine, which I already got to know in Cool Water Intense. The longer the fragrance, the more it reminds me of Davidoff's Flanker
So far it sounds quite solid, but this scent could hardly drydown on my skin, so weak it was on the chest. I had to apply it very generously on my clothes or on a test strip in order to notice it on the textile after 5-7 hours. As I said, I could perceive a creamy Amberwood mix there. On my skin the scent degenerated into an unfortunately Zara-typical triviality, which I could not really define.

So this fragrance lives completely from its top note, which I like quite well in reverse. You'd have to punish it for lack of durability and a weak drydown, but hey, at this price you can hardly complain. And I'm honestly, I like the fragrance better than the above mentioned Cool Water Intense.

If you like to refresh yourself in summer with a sparkling top note and have no problem with a modern synthetic or a weak durability, you probably won't make a bad deal here at this low price.

Popular Zara

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Vanilla by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Unexpected Fresh Spicy by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara 8.0 by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara Hi-Lo Country by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara