9.0 (2015)

9.0 by Zara

9.0 is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2015. The scent is powdery-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Juniper, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesPepper, Cardamom, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Amber, Cedarwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.08.2019

Unisex... isn't it?
Very interesting scent, balancing spicy, woody, floral, powdery all in such a little bottle. It's refreshing to find a Zara fragrance that is not an actual clone of another even though you can see the influences from a couple other from different houses.

To me this is a very nice powdery/sweet fragrance for a night out or perhaps a movie with the significant other. It bears a somehow 'metro' vibe (not a manly scent by any stretch of the word) but easy to pull off by any kind of guy, in fact I find this fragrance very unisex and love it when my girlfriend use it.
9.0 8.0 7.0 9.5/10

Worth every cent!
I've had Valentino Uomo on my wish list for some time now. However, I never wanted to afford it, because it is relatively cheap and I did not know when I should really apply it.

Via Parfumo I came across the alleged fragrance twin Zara 9.0, and ordered it in a package with Zara 8.0. After all, the fun costs only 18€ for 2x100ml, there you can not do much wrong. The matt glass bottles are labelled with the fragrances and look quite charming. I quickly put 8.0 aside and gave me a sprayer of 9.0 on my arm
The beginning almost frightened me, it is so similar to VU. Even if you know that 9.0 is a dupe, you're surprised how much the scents match. The Iris develops similarly beautifully as VU, only after an hour one notices first differences to the big brother. It simply lacks something of the sweet, vanilla creaminess and the light coffee note of VU. Valentino simply has the more mature fragrance in the long run.

I find the fragrance similar to VU, the durability remains quite clear under it. With me is about after 5 hours end with funny, there the forerunner holds out nevertheless times twice as long
Nevertheless, I can get over the small smears personally when I look at the bill.

Conclusion: Absolutely good clone, absolutely great DNA, absolute buy recommendation.
7.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
A Dior look alike worth owning
Yes, Zara 9.0 does remember Dior Homme and Valentino Uomo Eaux de Toilette. It opens up as Valentino Uomo and dries down like Dior Homme.
I don't like to publicize "look-alikes" just because of that sole reason, and that it's not the really case of Zara 9.0.
This is a quality fragrance as you can conclude by the rating it received, or by testing it at a Zara store, or even by buying an inexpensive bottle of 9.0 and enjoy it till the last drop.
I do have a full bottle of Dior Homme Intense and I am not in a hurry to buy a bottle of Dior EDT (mine is about to finish) or a Valentino Uomo flask (I have both Uomo and Uomo Intense). A good reason is because I own 2 bottles of Zara 9.0 and I am quite happy with them.
Zara 9.0 does have a bit less sillage and longevity (minus 1/3 in my opinion) than Dior Homme EDT, but I do not mind to do a bit of over spraying bearing in mind that 9.0 costs 9~10 times less than Dior Homme and 7~8 times less than Valentino Uomo.
The Iris note is quite agreable and it's not lipstick cloying like many other iris fnote fragrances way more expensive than Zara 9.0. The Zara fragrance is even a bit more versatile that their more expensive soulmates as it is wuite wearable in colder days as the juniper and vetiver notes seem to be a tiny stronger in the Zara scent.
On top of it the Zara bottle is quite nice, not on a pair with Dior's or Valentino's flasks, but nice anyway.
Congrats to Zara. I hope they will develop other quality scents besides 9.0.

I would rate it a global value of 8.25;
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

Low price (€ 12,50) plays an important role in my global rating. I do prefer to wear Valentino Uomo Intense or Dior Homme Intense. But I see no reason for not having a couple of Zara 9.0 as backup or for traveling.
I do recomend it. With its price you can blind buy it with no regrets.
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Elysium
With a score of 9.0 out of 10.0, it reminds me lipstick...
I stumbled into ZARA yesterday and saw 3 brand new scents: 7.0, 8.0, and 9.0 ZARA EDT. All notes are printed on the box and bottle, so I tested all of them. The former two are fresh, perhaps better for spring and summer seasons, but the latter immediately reminds me of my childhood, precisely the scent of my mother's lipstick, which I like of course!

I have noticed that there are two trends of opinion, with opposing approaches, on this scent. Despite the notes are not exactly the same and just a few of them match, I think that 9.0 is very similar to the powdery of the original Dior Homme (2005), and in some parts, it reminds me the floral aspect of Kenzo Power. Conversely, some other reviewers compare it to Valentino Uomo. Perhaps, it is a clone of none of the two, though it has many similarities with both. It is suitable for cooler weather and is perfect during both fall and winter time.

A warm cozy, mysteriously chocolate vibe, type of fragrance. The iris is opening the show, with the support of creamy bergamot and lemony coriander. Clean vetiver and juniper berries linger in the background. As the show goes on, the bitter spicy cardamom pods blended with sweet amber pop up, dominating the scene. The pepper, black pepper I would bet, punctuates the sentences, but the other notes accent the mysterious chocolate vibe, on the dry down.

It's almost middle winter now, and I do not regret my early choice this morning. So lovely, I do still smell it on me after half a day. On my skin, the powdery and chocolaty effect of the orris is long lasting and pleasant, and sillage stays close to me but can be perceived without being overpowering. Moderate in longevity, sillage, and projection. The sprays will decide that, so be aware.

In my opinion, this scent has a niche quality and does not deserve any criticism, considering its bargain price.

-Elysium

Vilar 7 months ago
This scent is really nice. It smells both powdery and fresh, if that makes sense. There's a little fruity vibe in there too.+1
5.0
Elqwerty 10 months ago
In the beginning I only could smell a synthetic smell. But after a while the drydown became so nice that I decided to buy this!+1
JoaoMartins 11 months ago
Close to Dior Homme but still so far away. Great for the price though
5.0
Carlitos01 12 months ago
Zara 9.0 does remember Dior Homme and Valentino Uomo EDTs. It opens up as Valentino Uomo and dries down like Dior Homme. Just blind buy it.+3
Jssfranch 3 years ago
The dry down reminds me of Penhaligon's Sartorial+1
Elysium 4 years ago
It's delicious, so gourmand, iris and cardamom like chocolate. Perfect for this autumn morning. Try it!+6

by ErhanSaceros
by RedBull
by Nizarito
by Nizarito

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Y Collection by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Seoul by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara