Exclusive Oud (2016)

Exclusive Oud by Zara

Exclusive Oud is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is woody-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Saffron, Cinnamon, Cedar, Oud, Patchouli, Leather

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 11.05.2019

10.0 9.0 8.0/10

NikEy
|-I'm sorry. I can't believe you're here
Due to the many new releases that we encounter every day on Parfumo and that appear even in high-priced niche brands at intervals where even the fashion houses are certainly not badly surprised, we all certainly regularly overlook some fragrances. And for those who - like me - spend most of their time in niche markets, their gaze is often blinded by seemingly unimportant, short-lived publications that originate in the zeitgeist.

Exclusive Oud with its inconspicuous bottle is one of the many dupes of the brand. He could be one of those many publications. Could...
The oud chord, which was created here, is far away from the stuffy piercing species, which is often found even in niche areas. Especially at the beginning a slightly medical-gummy note can be discovered - an aspect that real oud sometimes has. This peculiarity is certainly marked by saffron. From the beginning, Exclusive Oud has been determined by a strong saffron-spice combination, which for me is the heart of the fragrance. Woods and gentle smoke threads run through this spice combination, almost calming it down.
To be classified as unisex until the first hour, the fragrance is later clearly pushed in the masculine direction. Patchouli, leather and a hint of oakmoss create a subtle chyprean impression that skilfully accentuates the male side. Those who expect a pure bitter scent at this point will be disappointed. A palpable, pleasing sweetness is always present, but never becomes overwhelming. Pours itself over the skin more like a gentle, warming spice syrup.

Over time, the fragrance impression shifts in the direction of Amber-Oud. It becomes warm-spicy and woody-sweet without turning Exclusive Oud into a cuddly scent. On the contrary, a dirty-animal edge, skilfully playing with leather and a dark chocolate gourmand note, always preserves something striking. And especially this little animal is what inspires me most about the scent! Because I honestly didn't expect ZARA to do that.

I cannot get rid of the feeling that myrrh and tobacco also play a significant role in this fragrance. And so I am confronted with (niche) scents - like 'Tigre du Bengal' - which have a similarly ambry and dirty structure, but whose design and overall impression of course already differs considerably.

Basically the comment is invalid, because Exclusive Oud is long out of print, long gone from the market. Still. It was only now that he met me that he impressed me. If the price were to be included in the valuation, it would certainly be significantly higher. A certain caution when spraying is recommended here! With the atomic, room-filling explosive power that the fragrance possesses, nobody can complain about the lack of shelf life or Sillage.

A greeting to the perfume that brought me to these fragrances ;). Surely I'll stop by ZARA more often now.

PS: The number in the title is for stylistic purposes only and doesn't serve any hope for a continuation of the series!
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Carlitos01
An Oud fragrance not for snobs
I don't care if Zara Exclusive Oud is similar or not to Armani Privé Oud Royal or any other €xpen$ive Oud. I don't think it was Zara intention to produce a clone of any existing Oud fragrance.
When I first bought Zara Exclusive Oud I already had 3 other Oud fragrances - two from Bogart and one from Versace. Since then I kind of become adicted and bought more than 25 other Oud fragrances or so. Please don't copy me as I will never wear those more than 2 liters of Oud juice.
Resuming the Zara Exclusive Oud theme, I bought it because I tried it on my skin at a Zara store and half an hour later 3 thoughts crossed my mind:
1 - It was a fantastic oud scent
2 - It was really an inexpensive bottle
3 - I would not forgive myself if I would not buy it
So I just returned to the Zara store and bought it. I like it a lot. It took me some time to get a second bottle because when I tried to buy a backup flask, it was sold out.
Since then I already used it a lot of times.
The first time I used it at home, my wife commented:
"You are wearing a different Oud. It's very good... Tell me what it is without telling me the fortune you paid for it". When I told her it was a Zara scent, she didn't believe. All she knew was that the fragrance was not my at the time usual Oud (Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir).
Congratulations to Zara for making such a nice perfume for 12,5 Euros (at least it's what I paid).
Here and then, sometimes when browsing through my oud scents I spot similarities with the Zara juice. One of mine currently praised oud fragrance - Montale's Oud Saffron - was bought because I found it similar to Zara Exclusive Oud. Yes... I bought it convinced by oud-saffron vibe I enjoyed so much with the Montale's look-a-like.

This is a quality fragrance and a fantastic value for money. It's a very nice Oud, with a quality comparable to other very nice and more expensive Ouds.
The fragrance is quite linear - not a defect - and the strong oud note is supplemented by other notes, mainly saffron but leather as well. There is also some sweetness that I attribute to cinnamon.
It also presents a dark accord. There is a bit of a resinous smoke note together with the listed top and heart notes. There must exist a bit of olibanun or incense in the juice although that type of note is not listed. I don't regret it not even a bit. On the contrary, that unlisted note is like the cherry on top of the cake. Delicious!
The performance is quite good. The longevity is easily 8+ hours, with a sillage of 5~6 feet at its peak and a noticeable projection in the first two hours.
I would give this fragrance an overall rating of 8.0~8.5/10.0.
I really hope that Zara keeps up with the good work.

I will just state an opinion related to some very negative reviews I read about this and other oud fragrances. Some people just don't know how to wear and enjoy a strong oudy or woody perfume. Here are some tips (as I had to learn them as well):
1 - Don't spray near the face or neck (near the nose). Use chest, wrists, fore knee, elbows .... or clothes. If you spray near the nose you may get olfactory fatigue or an headache.
2 - For bigger longevity spray your hair above or behhind the ears, back of your neck and your clothes. (this advice works with almost any fragrance).
3 - Forget about the first 5 or 10 minutes. The food is still raw; let it cook for a while.
4 - Trust the effect you get from the scent projection during the first couple of hours. If you spray the back of your hand and then and then keep on sniffing it with the skin "glued" to your nose, you may get nausea, headache or olfactory fatigue.
5 - Want to smell it with your nose close to the skin? Give the sprayed perfume a rest of 2 hours or more before doing it.
6 - Want to wear it on a night out? Spray it at least one hour before leaving your home. You will be the Club King that night.
7 - This is not an Aqua di Gio or Versace pour Homme type of scent. Don't use the same way you would use a citrus fresh perfume.
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.5/10

Elysium
To peat or not to peat, that is the question!
I have purposely left Exclusive Oud for last, after reviewing Wood Noir and Ambré Noble, which are all part of the "Exclusive Accords" collection, because right off the bat I happen to dislike it at a very first smell on a paper strip. But I must be mistaken since right now, on my skin, I happen to just love it. And yeah, I picked up another oud fragrance and I don’t regret the purchase. Exclusive Oud is another strong entry that is mainly ideal for colder weather, much like Wood Noir and Ambré Noble, but this one is more suitable for nights out.

It starts out overwhelmingly bitter, rubbery, bordering on medicinal. A subtle iodine smell mixed with slight traces of peaty aroma hit you first. This is the "Water of Life", the medicinal, rubbery, and smoky flavors that remind me the characteristic aroma and taste of the single malt peated Scotch whiskies from Islay region, the most richly, flavored, and smokey whiskies such as Ardbeg, Lagavulin, and Laphroaig to mention just a few.
That is only the upfront notes, unfortunately, and fade away miserably so quickly. Underneath the bitter beginnings are a deeply saffron aroma with just the slightest hints of sweet floral notes on the edge. The smell of saffron is distinctive, lasting, musky, striking, floral and honeyed. More, it has a bitter taste and a strong, sharp, penetrating smell. This scent is like bad medicine, bad medicine is what I need, wow! So dark, earthy, spicy, leathery, opulent, black syrup for naughty souls!!!

As the fragrance develops, instead of a brash and animalic, it becomes smooth and seductive. I know and so you do that the crowd compares this one to Armani Privé Oud Royal. I can neither confirm nor deny such a similarity since I have never smelt it, but to me, the excellent blend of agarwood, patchouli, and leather makes the dry down very close to YSL M7, the first and beloved oud fragrance I added to my collection long ago. Aside from the obviously synthetic oud -which they nearly all are now, but some are done better than others- this really is a very impressive effort for a low cost from Zara.

The incense, which I bet is in there, lends a mild smoky and leathery vibe to the composition. There is not much transition in the fragrance as it wears on the skin. The cedar is more prominent during the dry down as the oud remains and the incense subsides. The oud-cedar base is soft and sensuous. The cinnamon is there but not overdone in any way, similarly with the patchouli, and a right amount of leather, strongly noticeable on me, combines with the oud and cedar to give this fragrance a much more expensive smell than it has any right had.

Of the listed notes, I get mainly oud with a hint of cinnamon, and some generous dose of saffron. Although it's not a listed note, I get a strong incense vibe together with the oud resulting in a dark leather, and while both the oud and patchouli have their dirty sides, they're not so dirty here as to limit the sophistication of the fragrance. Listen, there is no and I do not get any kind of rose in this dark gem.
Longevity is well above average, particularly on clothing where it remained for a couple of days. Sillage is moderate, notwithstanding the dark and opulent notes. This is definitely an autumn/winter scent, not one for warm days.

- Elysium
9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

Is this a dream?
Just when I thought Zara's Tobacco Collection Rich | Warm | Addictive was the best offer from their collection, here comes ZARA EXCLUSIVE OUD... a gorgeous and exquisite oriental woody scent with notes of saffron, cinnamon, cedar, agarwood, patchouli, and leather in EDP concentration.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

With solid performance, above average quality and surprisingly low price, ZEO has become the star of my cologne collection. Please do yourself a favor and try it, you will not be disappointed.

Friends, 2017 is the year of Zara. They're really shocking the fragrance world. Awesome job Zara!

Catarina 39 days ago
This is a magnific unisex oud scent. I love oriental fragrances and this is one of the best I know. I wish I had bought a backup as well.+3
Carlitos01 14 months ago
I will try to be brief.
This is an outstanding fragrance.
Dark, woody, a bit sweet.
Do blind buy it. It's that good. I have 3 flasks.+2
Elysium 20 months ago
This scent is like bad medicine, bad medicine is what I need, wow! So dark, earthy, spicy, leathery, opulent, black sirup for naughty souls+3
Giesta40 20 months ago
Decent oud fragrance for a fair price. If you find it you can buy it without think too much, Is a safe acquisition and is difficult to find.+1

by Till
by Javijabs
by Butzi
by Butzi

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Y Collection by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara Seoul by Zara Wood Noir by Zara