Lisboa

Lisboa by Zara
7.3 / 10 89 Ratings
Lisboa is a perfume by Zara for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.

Main accords

Fresh
Citrus
Aquatic
Floral
Fruity

LemonLemon OrangeOrange Green notesGreen notes JasmineJasmine MuskMusk
Submitted by Michael, last update on 15.12.2022.

6 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Helpful Review 7
A low sampling rate digitization of Acqua di Gio
Zara is now notorious for their seemingly endless flood of fragrances that spring up like mushrooms, with what feels like arbitrary naming and wonderfully colorful sounding descriptions of all sorts of scents on the boxes. Just as quickly, however, these releases then peter out again, so that one does not really get behind with the testing. Then again, the fragrances are priced very attractively compared to what you're used to, I'll call it, so you hardly dare write anything negative about them because you'd feel kind of ungrateful doing so. I'll just try now to forget the incredible 10.95 €, which cost me the 100 ml Lisboa, for the rest of the review and only evaluate the performance received for it.

First, about the bottle. It is simple, lies well in the hand and, that really excited me, equipped with a wonderful atomizer, which is far ahead of my Armani Acqua di Gio Profumo with its fine nebulization. Since I am then also the thin plastic cap does not matter, which somehow reminds me of the measuring cups, which have stuck on the cough syrup bottles from my childhood, only not round.

Now that we're on the subject of the AdG range, I can say right away that, contrary to what I often read, Zara's Lisboa is not an adequate substitute for the original Acqua di Gio pour Homme EdT, at least not to my nose. There's definitely a strong resemblance, especially right after spraying it on, I thought, "Yup, this is the perfect inexpensive replacement!" But the AdG smells cleaner to me, cooler, has more depth somehow. There's a slightly synthetic, citrusy, scratchy warmth that resonates in Lisboa, which incidentally I also detect in Vibrant Leather Cologne, which I bought at the same time and whose review is still on the docket. Even after all the reformulations (or should I say waterings down?) of the AdG, it still has a leg up on the Lisboa in terms of H+S. If Acqua di Gio is a record, then Lisboa is a digitized version of it, but at a slightly too low sampling rate and from a less than perfect analog-to-digital converter. But hey, maybe you don't notice that unless it's completely silent around you?

I'm going to try my hand at the scent pyramid, er, the scent notes, because the whole thing is, to my mind, very linear from the time the alcohol has evaporated. Citrusy notes carry the scent, both lemon and orange I can relate to. The green, somewhat woody notes make me think of the peel and branches rather than the fruit juice. Orange blossom is, after all, also a note in the original AdG, presumably it is it along with the green components that is mainly responsible for the similarity. I don't think so much of jasmine in Lisboa, but rather of musk. Probably that is the previously described, warming accord, which lays like a cloudy veil over the fresh fruitiness and takes away its sharpness, so to speak.

The sillage is average for me, slightly below that of the AdG Profumo (note: EdP concentration) and even slightly further below that of the normal AdG (EdT). The longevity is also average, you get a good sense of it from 1.5m away for 1-2 hours, after which the sphere quickly shrinks. After 4-5 hours, the scent is very skin tight on me. At this price (ok, I must mention it yet), I like to treat myself in between a few sprays to refresh, the flat format of the bottle makes it fortunately very portable.

The fragrance gets at warmer temperatures (> 25 ° C) a slightly better sillage, however, I then also perceive this synthetic component more strongly, so this is a double-edged sword. But even at 15-20 ° C you can wear it well and noticeable. Ultimately, it is just a citrus fragrance with the associated advantages and disadvantages, so somewhere will be reached temperature-wise a limit.

All in all, I quite like Zara's Lisboa. It's a bargain for lovers of citrusy aquatic scents, and I highly recommend trying it on yourself. One should simply not approach with the wrong expectations and expect a 1:1 copy of Acqua di Gio, then you can have a lot of fun with this bottle.
TimBerlin80
Better than the original Aqua di Gio!
I went with a colleague today to do a scent test. Once on my wrist as well as paper strips. The Zara is an absolute weapon after about 10 minutes. Much more durable and round than the original. That is enormous. In the past, the original lasted much longer. So Zara really knocked one out. Totally underrated. The scent smells noble and fresh

Dear Lisbon
Let's continue towards Avenida do Colégio Militar, in Colombo, in Lisbon, Portugal: the opening is citrusy, light and shiny! The lemon note, which is neither green nor sour, makes the opening, although citrusy, more sweet. And that citrus freshness accompanies the fragrance all the time. After a while, a green chord appears, which I cannot identify the notes, but which fulfills the role of packing the fragrance, as if it were an immense banana leaf. This green chord is enveloping, like a clean linen shirt, which is used on hot days. And this is due to the soft look that the jasmine note gives. Beside the musk, it has a more velvety, affectionate characteristic (like when you take a large petal from some flower and smoothly pass through the skin).

It is a light fragrance, extremely comfortable, almost relaxing!

It does not have the naturalness of ADG, but it is a very similar, pleasant and praising champion perfume. I also feel a Versace Pour Homme vibe in it, perhaps because of the lemon that is always present in the fragrance.

Still, it seems to suffer from VIP syndrome: in my skin, it take some time for magazine and selfie photos, and it disappears. In other words, it has an mediocre performance. On my skin, it has EDC performance, with strong projection for 30 minutes, then, it disappears (longevity only for 4 hours). That depends a lot on the temperature and the reaction of my body, if I sweat more or less etc. Still, I like and use it with satisfaction!

Aqua Dio Gio
Truth be told, its overperforming me-too of AdG, which could be of interest to those complaining that the present rendition of AdG is not to what it used to be.

I did not compare them hand-by-hand, however, attesting to others me-too marketed under the market price of global designers brands, I assume Zara's version must not be as complex. Frankly, it does not matter, the composition is excellent.

BTW, the blotter I sprayed some still smells after a week.

Unisex
For me the Jasmine note is pretty strong compared to the citrus notes. That makes it differ quite from ADG through my nose. With that in mind it suits me better in the spring rather than a hot summer day.
It’s a nice scent and I would say it is unisex, but it is rather synthetic... good or bad is up to you.
As always with Zara frags, dirt cheap. I paid €10 for 100ml. It lasts about 2h on me before becoming a skin scent for another 1,5-2h.
More reviews

9 short views on the fragrance
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
Fantastic for spring and summer wear in casual and work settings, this scent is as timeless as a white tee and well-worn jeans. #AcquadiGiò
SyddemizardSyddemizard 6 months ago
Yo can use it to cool off. But the longevity is too scarce. In clothes it lasts a little longer. Ideal to go to gym, beach, a short outing.
VilarVilar 4 years ago
Named after one of my favourite cities in the world, Lisboa is similiar to ADG but more mild I'd say. At $20 CAD per 100ml, just pick it up.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 years ago
It is similar to Aqua de Gio and its other clones from Paris Hilton/Perry Ellis. Costed me 10 Euros for 100 ml. Get a flask just in case.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 years ago
The resemblance to Acqua di Gio is the strong point of this fragrance. I recommend it if you want to spend a little money. Summer EDT.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Golden Decade by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Warm Black by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Red Temptation Winter by Zara For Him Red Edition by Zara Vanilla by Zara