#Midsummer Orange Zest (2017)

#Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara

#Midsummer Orange Zest is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Lemon, Ginger, Vetiver, Lavender, Musk

Submitted by Guapo, last update on 18.11.2019.

Zummer Zesty Zara
It looks like Zara is not making good fragrances by chance.
This frag is an amazing summer fragrance. I tried it in a Zara Store at 10:00 ( 3 sprays - back of my hand). By dinner time I could still smell it. For an orangy fresh citrus scent it's an outstanding performance.
It opens with a zesty bitter orange scent that lasts for ages. The top notes last for 1 hour at least (actually that is done by adding the lemon and ginger notes).
More than 2 feet usable sillage is available for 4~5 hours. Longevity stands for 8~9 hours but just as a skin scent after 5~6 hours.
It does have a very pleasant lavender-musk-vétiver dry down.
I do not really consider it a clone of any other perfume. It's a plain Zara Orange Zest and an extraordinary scent for the price. After trying it in a mall, I imediatly thought that I should return ASAP to the Zara store and get a bottle. That very same night I bought 2 bottles for 18 Euros :-)

Conclusions after buying it.
This fragrance is awesome. It is not a clone, or even very similar to any zesty fragrance I know for that matter. Yes I get vibes of some fresh fragrances from Thierry Mugler, Dior, Hermes and Guerlain. Without the Zara label this EDT could be mistaken as a new expensive niche fragrance if its brand name was Creed, Byredo, Amouage, .....
The more I use it, the more I like it.
In my opinion the the greatest similaritIes occur with Dior Homme Sport and Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte.
I rate globally this fragrance with 8.0/10.00

MrHonest
Basic, entry level, quasi-aquatic vetiver.
There are some vetiver scents on the market, both expensive and inexpensive that are absolutely dreadful. This is not one of them.

I was honestly surprised when I first smelled this. It immediately took me back to my grandfather's bathroom cabinet for some reason. I don't know if it was the lemon, ginger or the vetiver, but the overall spiciness was not what I was expecting. The effect is to give off an air of cleanliness, to be sure, but for me, there was always something about it that put it in the buttoned-down realm of Terre de Hermes, without that distinct earthiness. Moreover, there is no question that the "orange" in orange zest (Oz) is peculiarly absent.

It's an incredibly simple and linear scent. Perhaps a small nod to the fougeres of yesteryear, it leans just a little too mature and "zingy" for my nose, but can still be appreciated for what it is - a very decent release. It really is. I do get the Dior Homme Sport (2012) similarity, but Oz is far less complex and refined than Dior's creation. It's just basic as basic can be - a distinctly synthetic, crisp and refreshing ginger-vetiver combo from top to bottom, with respectable longevity for the price.

I salute Zara for creating something fresh and spicy among an overwhelming selection of sweet and fruity gourmands, but it's hardly revolutionary. In fact, one of their newest releases from the Swedish collection called "Norrland" is probably a step up for the average individual, due to the substitution of grapefruit for the ginger making it slightly more youthful and appealing IMO. However, despite being hailed a TdH parfum clone, that one is also strangely missing the orange (#wheresmyorange?...).

So is it worth a buy? I guess that's up to you. I personally don't own a bottle, but since most Zara fragrances are usually clearanced after a year, I wouldn't mind scooping one up eventually. But if you can, do a side-by-side comparison with Norrland and see which you like better. Otherwise, don't rush it. Like I said, it's not revolutionary and there's always something better around the corner...

Good Vetiver scent
Based by the listed notes, I was expecting something close to Dior Home Sport 2008. But no, after a week of wearing this fragrance I find that it's remaining me of Kenzo Boise and Encre Noir Sport. Don't expect any orange here, the name is very misleading. Average performances for a summer fragrance. I love it.
#Edit, after a week of wearing, Orange Zest has grow a lot on me. Final rating 9/10

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Wow Orange Zesty scent and no orange note listed. Very good fragrance and so inexpensive that I bought 2 flasks. Zara still surprises me.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
One of the best fresh scents in my collection, amazing quality for the price

by TomDuft
by TomDuft
by Elysium
by Elysium

Popular Zara

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Vanilla by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara 8.0 by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Unexpected Fresh Spicy by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Night pour Homme III by Zara