#Midsummer Orange Zest (2017)

#Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara

#Midsummer Orange Zest is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Lemon, Ginger, Vetiver, Lavender, Musk

Submitted by Guapo, last update on 01.04.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Zummer Zesty Zara
It looks like Zara is not making good fragrances by chance.
This frag is an amazing summer fragrance. I tried it in a Zara Store at 10:00 ( 3 sprays - back of my hand). By dinner time I could still smell it. For a fresh citrus scent it's an outstanding performance.
It opens with a zesty bitter orange scent that lasts for ages. The top notes last for 1 hour at least (actually done by addition of lemon and ginger notes).
Usable sillage (2 feet) lasts for 4~5 hours and Longevity lasts for 8~9 hours (a pratical, still usable skin scent between the 8th and the 9th hour);
It does have a fantastic lavender-musk-vétiver dry down.
I didn't really consider it a clone of any other perfume. It's plain Zara Orange Zest and an extraordinary scent.
I imediatly thought that I should return to Zara ASAP to buy a bottle. That very same night I bought 2 bottles for 18 Euros :-)

Conclusions after buying it.
This fragrance is awesome. It is not a clone or even similar to any frag I know for that matter. Yes I get vibes of some fresh fragrances from Thierry Mugler, Dior, Hermes, and Guerlain. Without the Zara label this EDT could be mistaken as a very expensive new niche fragrance if its brand name was Creed, Byredo, Amouage, ....
I must return to Zara ASAP to buy a backup bottle at least.
The more I use it, the more I like it.
In my opinion the the greatest similarity occurs with Dior Homme Sport.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

MrHonest
Basic, entry level, quasi-aquatic vetiver.
There are some vetiver scents on the market, both expensive and inexpensive that are absolutely dreadful. This is not one of them.

I was honestly surprised when I first smelled this. It immediately took me back to my grandfather's bathroom cabinet for some reason. I don't know if it was the lemon, ginger or the vetiver, but the overall spiciness was not what I was expecting. The effect is to give off an air of cleanliness, to be sure, but for me, there was always something about it that put it in the buttoned-down realm of Terre de Hermes, without that distinct earthiness. Moreover, there is no question that the "orange" in orange zest (Oz) is peculiarly absent.

It's an incredibly simple and linear scent. Perhaps a small nod to the fougeres of yesteryear, it leans just a little too mature and "zingy" for my nose, but can still be appreciated for what it is - a very decent release. It really is. I do get the Homme Sport similarity, but Oz is far less complex and refined than Dior's creation. It's just basic as basic can be - a distinctly crisp and refreshing ginger-vetiver combo from top to bottom, with respectable longevity for the price.

I salute Zara for creating something fresh and spicy among an overwhelming selection of sweet and fruity gourmands, but it's hardly revolutionary. In fact, one of their newest releases from the Swedish collection called "Norrland" is probably a step up for the average individual, due to the substitution of grapefruit for the ginger making it slightly more youthful and appealing IMO. However, despite being hailed a TdH clone, that one is also strangely missing the orange (#wheresmyorange?...).

So is it worth a buy? I guess that's up to you. Personally, I'm not a big fan of vetiver so I don't own a bottle (plus my signature is Bvlgari Man Extreme which is similar and better), but since most Zara fragrances are usually clearanced after a year, I wouldn't mind scooping up a bottle for 50-60% retail. But if you can, do a side-by-side comparison with Norrland and see which you like better. Otherwise, don't rush it. Like I said, it's not revolutionary and there's always something better around the corner...
7.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Good Vetiver scent
Based by the listed notes, I was expecting something close to Dior Home Sport 2008. But no, after a week of wearing this fragrance I find that it's remaining me of Kenzo Boise and Encre Noir Sport. Don't expect any orange here, the name is very misleading. Average performances for a summer fragrance. I love it.
#Edit, after a week of wearing, Orange Zest has grow a lot on me. Final rating 9/10

Carlitos01 15 months ago
Great Orange Zesty scent without orange in the notes. Quite good and inexpensive fragrance.
I liked it so much that I bought 2 bottles.+2
SamuelGustav 19 months ago
One of the best fresh scents in my collection, amazing quality for the price+2

by TomDuft
by TomDuft
by Elysium
by Elysium

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Y Collection by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara Seoul by Zara Wood Noir by Zara