Raw Vetiver (2019)

Raw Vetiver by Zara

Raw Vetiver is a new perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2019. The scent is fresh-woody.

Ginger, Iris, Vetiver

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 11.11.2019.

9.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Raw Dior Homme Sports
The announcement of the fragrance name together with the three notes ginger, iris and vetiver have caused me to associate it with Prada's infusion series. Therefore I was very happy when I could take the scent with me a few days ago in the local Zara. In practice it is different than expected, namely much closer to the Dior Homme sport, in an older formulation.

For an on-site test, be warned about the first seconds right away. There is a first alcoholic background noise with many fragrances - but here I find it extremely pronounced. Especially on the test strip I still mainly drink alcohol after a few minutes. Therefore I would absolutely prefer a skin test here, because the fuel flies away after 1-2 minutes and releases the opening from fresh, yellow-green citrus mix. Ginger contributes a pleasantly sweet spiciness after a certain time lag. As a result, the fragrance remains pleasantly fresh, and I only notice something creamy from the iris. That should have been a little more for my taste. And also the Vetiver is not quite as present as I would have liked it to be. The green woodiness is there, but does not play the role that one could expect by name.

So I finally came to the title of this comment after a few days of trial wearing: For me, Raw Vetiver is an unpolished version of Dior Homme Sport. Dior comes across more balanced and finer. The Zara variant is undoubtedly not quite as valuable. Nevertheless not wrong at all, what you can get for almost 20 Euro and more interesting for my taste than the last broken reformulated version of the slide.

It's an EdP concentration, but you shouldn't expect miracles from the performance. After all, I perceive it for about 5 hours - not so bad for a fresh scent. By the way, I also like the very straight flacon design of the new fragrances. Without much bells and whistles, but haptically quite valuable glass, which lies full in the hand. Makes you want the other themed fragrances from the same series.

Elysium 30 days ago
A strepitous powdery vetiver, ain't no woody or earthy in character. In the same room as Dior Homme Sport 2012, is miles away from Guerlain+1
6.0
6.0

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Y Collection by Zara Lisboa by Zara Seoul by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara