Teahupoo (2018)

Teahupoo by Zara

Teahupoo is a new perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Bergamot, Grapefruit, Marine notes, Sandalwood

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 19.07.2019

8.0 7.0 9.0 8.5/10

Tropical freshness or my summer scent 2019
Who has read my comment to the Mundaka, knows that I bought both fragrances in a pack of 2 for 9,99€. After I already liked Mundaka (even though I was dissatisfied with the shelf life), it's now Teahupoo's turn. Previous users have already mentioned the naming.. so it only remains for me to say that Zara has chosen a surfspot here as well.

Similar to Mundaka, his Tahitian brother starts off very citrically fresh. In contrast to the Basque Zara creation, this freshness lasts longer. In the heart, very clean aquatic notes come through before the fragrance takes on a fruity wood note. This remains then (for Zara very unexpectedly) laaaaaange on. Skin types can project shelf life differently, so I'm talking about my experience now. Applied at 18:30 I was able to perceive the fragrance after a long evening in different restaurants on my wrist the next morning. On the T-shirt he can be smelled even 20h later still well. WOW - that really surprises. That Zara can create beautiful scents (based on well-known mainstream flankers) was well known, but this performance by Teahupoo is a very welcome surprise.

For me this is the biggest olfactory surprise of my career so far and I am very happy to have made this blind purchase. Here, too, the extremely suitably designed flacon convinces with its colour scheme.

There's nothing cheap about this scent. Performance, fragrance and bottle have nothing to do with a unit price of 14€. Now that I've tested both fragrances, I'd like to make an unqualified recommendation for the double pack. I don't make comparisons to Invictus at this point, but enjoy another cocktail and enjoy the scent of Teahupoo.

6.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10

Zara surprised me:
The story:
I was in town, went into a shopping mall, my plan was a new perfume, more precisely Montblanc Legen Spirit. He had been on my wish list for a long time.
But he went into Zara first.

On my way to the clothes this big selection of perfume slowed me down.

I took this one and sprayed it on. I immediately got Legend Spirit in my head, and I didn't think that would work yet.
I pulled out my cell phone, went to this wonderful site called parfumo.de, clicked on my wish list and then on Legend Spirit, looked for scented twins and actually discovered Teahupoo. I looked at the performance.
Teahupoo: 7,0. 12€ á 100ml
Legend Spirit: 6,6. 42,90€ á 30ml.

I trusted parfumo that the durability is better than with the L.S, so I immediately took that with me and stroked L.S.
Then I sniffed around and discovered even more scents that were similar to my favorites, but which I didn't have yet.
I took it with me, too.

To the fragrance:
Starts very fruity, tropical, slightly citric. Then it runs into wood, but here fruit dominates. So the scent remains until it disappears, in great scent especially for the younger.

The performance is top, the Sillage however only mediocre. But no reason to put that away.

Price: I paid 12€ for this one. A proud hundred milliliters are in there.

The bottle was clearly stolen by Boss, lies very well in the hand, is quite heavy, the green-turquoise matt glass fits perfectly.
The atomizer sprays a nice wide long breeze on, also pointed.
Not, but also really nothing at all works cheaply.

Conclusion: Tropical fragrance, good durability, you don't smell that often, very affordable, great bottle, everything great.

Finally, I actually went into a perfumery, comparing L.S to Teahupoo hand to hand, minimal difference. The L.S is much more citric, looks a little more noble.
But Teahupoo is the clear winner:)
8.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

MrHonest
Another fleeting triumph. Sigh...
Don't let the "poo" in the name fool you. This stuff lasts FOREVER. I wore it on my hands for the first time yesterday and it lasted more than 10 hours, with 5 hand washings in between. I couldn't believe it. LOL Out of the 3 new releases including Waimea and Pipeline, Teahupoo outperforms the others nearly 3 to 1.

The scent is exactly as Jpon91 (below) has described - very similar to Invictus Aqua; and with that excellent longevity, I would say closer to the 2016 version. The opening blast is a bright and synthetic citrus mixed with those "marine notes". It's brash, it's youthful and it's ultra shower-gelly. Five minutes later, it starts to turn towards the salty side - and I mean SALTY. Wow. It was a little surprising at first and nearly turned me off completely; but I stuck with it and was rewarded about a half hour in when the saltiness subsided considerably and the blend settled into that familiar Invictus Aqua (IVA) phenotype. And from there, it basically became the Energizer bunny....going on...and on...and on....

And if there's any sandalwood in this, I certainly can't find it. Neither can I detect bergamot or grapefruit, really. In all honesty, the actual smell comes off as more of a sour Yuzu than anything - just like in IVA. But that aside, the vast majority of the fragrance is stilll dominated by those quizzical "marine notes" that mimic salty air and perhaps even a little bit of ambergris. So if that's something you didn't like about the original IVA (me!!), then you probably won't enjoy this one either. Of course, that doesn't mean that it can't be appreciated...

Nevertheless, I would say that Teahupoo is an excellent buy for the budget-friendly youngster looking for that distinct, fresh, summery IVA smell, with performance to match. Can't say much about how it compares with some of the other quasi-IVA clones out there like Armaf's El Cielo and Rixos (since I haven't smelled them) but at least in terms of price, this one has got them beat (for now). There is one down side though - - - it's likely to be discontinued in a few months. Yeah, sorry. But that's just Zara.

Luckily the scent is just a little too youthful and soapy for my tastes, so I'll leave it up to the under-25 crowd who will most likely find it far more appealling. And just in time too >> SPRING BREAK!! Slick marketing. Surf's up.

AmberScent 182 days ago
Salty fresh grapefruit! Sounds disgusting but it's quite refreshing & pleasant as a scent! Recomended as Teahupoo fragrance, not as a clone.+4
Lemonadi 18 months ago
Have not smelled Invictus Aqua, but this is relatively close to Dunhill Icon Racing as well. Performance seems decent so far. Favourite!+6
9.0
Jpon91 18 months ago
Spot on Invictus Aqua clone. Need to further test for sillage and projection. Smells really salty!+6
6.0
6.0
9.0

by RedBull
by RedBull

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Y Collection by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Seoul by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara