#Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive (2016)

#Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive is a perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Bergamot, Apple, Black pepper, Mint, Basil, Cashmere wood, Tonka bean

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 13.10.2019

7.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

worth the while
As most people I got IDE almost by default. I went into Zara looking for RWA and then I realized I could get the Tobacco Collection almost the same price as RWA alone so since it was such a good deal I went for it.
RWA was nice, all the good talk in Youtube made me want it and it almost fit the bill (fell a bit short on the hype) but IDE on the other hand, the one everyone dismissed turned out to be the real gem. It opens so nicely with Bergamot, Mint and Apple with a background of a creamy Tonka. I can hardly identify the Tobacco but you can notice something going on.

It performs just as you'd expect from Zara, apply it at home and go out for dinner, some drinks and by the time you get back home it's starting to fade. Sillage is good, I caught some whiffs while driving to the restaurant and it was intoxicating

I ended up liking IDE better than RWA, I truly believe it's an underrated fragrance
5.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

It's not dark
I bought 2018 version. It's not dark, so it's lighter than Tobacco Collection RWA, and because of top note (mint and apple) I remembered Versarce Eros. (atmosphere) I think Tobacco Collection - IDE 2018 version is a perfume for spring, summer (but only in cool evening), and autumn. so, that doesn't fit to the cold winter.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

If only I'd known Zara while I was at school
Anyone who has followed my comments and statements a little or looks through them afterwards will notice that I am a big fan of Zara fragrances. Often these are dupes that either imitate the original very well, or those that create an original remix by a small deviation from the original. The price-performance ratio is often crazy (in a positive sense) and therefore fits perfectly into the budget of those who don't just spend +100€ on a fragrance.

I finally bought the Tobacco Collection double pack a few weeks ago. There you can get two fragrances for 17,95€. The Rich/Warm/Addictive and this one. I bought both directly, because one has read a lot about the scents and one never knows with Zara whether a scent will ever return to the rotation. That's why I just blindly slammed. Normally I shy away from blind buys, but at this price I could also take my chances.

The scent itself: You shouldn't expect a great fragrance from Zara. However, this also means that after a head note test you can usually strike without worries. That's exactly what you get, and most of the time you don't get it anymore. It's not such a big problem for me, because I prefer a fragrance to stay the same all the time, rather than have a bombastic top note and then collapse after half an hour (yes, you are meant, designer gang!).

How does the scent smell? Well, he smells a little unfamiliar to me at first. It's a very sweet scent, that has to be said from the beginning. What you can definitely smell is the synthetic apple (not meant to be bad at all, there is no other way) and the tonka bean. Mint could still be, but I can't smell the rest. The overall impression is mainly sweet, a little spicy and subliminally woody. Sweet, however, comes first.

What can you compare the scent to? Many draw the comparison to 212 VIP Men from Carolina Herrera. I can't say anything about that, because I don't know this fragrance well enough. But when I look at the twin fragrances, I see a few suggestions as far apart as the earth from Saturn. This fragrance has absolutely nothing to do with Tobacco Vanilla by Tom Ford. Just because it's called Tobacco doesn't mean I smell tobacco personally. The same applies to Pure Havane from Mugler, which smells like Shisha honey tobacco. There's no way this scent does. To use today's terminology: I would describe the sweetness in this fragrance much more than bubblegum sweetness. In my opinion lovers of the following fragrances might find interest in this one: Paco Rabanne One Million, Versace Eros, Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, JPG Ultra Mâle, etc. It should be noted that these are by no means twin fragrances! I just think that all fragrances have a certain sweetness that older wearers are often too pushy.

Durability and Sillage? I would classify the durability as quite good. I have not measured exactly, but I would estimate between 6 and 8 hours. The Sillage is quite interesting. I would have expected a monster after testing Rich/Warm/Addictive. Nevertheless, the projection is quite limited. People may occasionally notice something of the fragrance, but it is by far not as room filling and privacy penetrating as a few of the above specimens. As period for carrying I recommend autumn and winter days.

So where do I finally put the scent? For me, Intense/Dark/Exclusive is a fragrance that radiates a playful bubblegum sweetness and is therefore definitely something for younger perfumers. Due to this sweetness, it certainly also has a unisex character to a certain degree. The price-performance ratio is again fantastic and therefore only brings plus points. When I test Zara fragrances I often have to think with a little regret that I would have liked to have gotten to know them during my school days. Apart from the fact that bubblegum sweetness was exactly my thing and was also very popular towards the end of my school days, I could have got very good quality for a low price here. The perfume was something expensive for me, which one gets every now and then as a gift. Never in my life would I have bought one myself. With Zara, I'm sure it would have been different. Especially this scent I would have liked to wear at school and it would have fitted very well into the situation. As for today: I will certainly still wear Intense/Dark/Exclusive on certain autumn and winter days and I will also like it very much. However, it will never become my signature scent. And if I would carry him to work, I don't really know. It's like a piece of clothing or a song, what you would have loved with all your heart in former times and fit perfectly into this time, but what's simply no longer suitable for the current stage of life.

Nevertheless (or for this reason) I would like to recommend my purchase to the younger perfumers! The fragrance is currently (as of October 2018) available on the website and can probably be found in the stores again.
7.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

The Good Thing's Here To Stay
I have this cologne for two years now, I remember I came across it and its brother Rich/Warm/Addictive an evening I was visiting ZARA store, the clerk was arranging those new releases on the shelf... He wasn't aware of how they did smell like and so we tested them together. Right of the bat, I/D/E was the one that impressed me most, yet R/W/A had that gourmand vibe that attracted me, so I bought both... and I fell in love with 'em.
Confronted with R/W/A, this one has the coolest, smoothest, and leathery tobacco leaves you ever smelt. A fruity fresh start, an aromatic heart, with tobacco, antiqued leather and silky suede blend in the drydown.

To begin with, I/D/E is classified as an aromatic oriental scent featuring notes of bergamot, apple, black pepper, mint, basil, tobacco, cashmere wood, and tonka bean, it got its name since it is an intense, warm, and elegant fragrance, with resinous, leathery, spicy, and woody accords. It is supposed to be for men, anyway, it could also be worn by women that appreciate it.

Initial spray is a little sharp, it starts off with a blast of apple and pepper, fruity and spicy, and a whiff of bergamot that lingers in the background. The opening has fruity and spicy touches from the green apple and black pepper which lead to the minty and balsamic heart. It's really vigorous with its boozy vibe, I do get a vodka-like note topped with a spritz of citrus and a bit of sugar syrup... Yet the strong alcoholic smell fades away pretty quick.

The heart has green, aromatic, and minty scented tones. The basil and mint notes appear after a while, and I get a metallic-like vibe that reminds me of Pure Havane, which hide an essence of warm, pleasant and cool feelings.

Slowly the deeply sweet and woody dry down introduces the warm tonka beans, which takes over, turning down the volume and warming up the atmosphere. The sweetness is enhanced by the impression of tobacco leaves, cashmere wood, and leather. Yes, I know it's not a listed note, but that's what I smell, the scent that does come across as quite dark. From there the scent is fairly linear, staying closer and closer to the skin as the time progress. I don't really mind that it does not seem to have a pronounced tobacco note. Notwithstanding, the tonka bean, mint, and bergamot combine for a deep scent that is dark, sweet and surprisingly fresh.

Projects great in the first 3 - 4 hours and then lasts closer to the skin up to 10h. Longevity is impressive, especially at this price point. I can still detect the scent after 6 - 8 hours, even the morning after if I press my nose onto the wrist and breath gently to warm the skin I feel it lingering around my nose. For this price, I think Intense-Dark-Exclusive is an absolute steal. I found this I/D/E is a sweet energetic tobacco scent that has a seductive vibe. I might say this fragrance is pretty different from the RWA because of its more fresh, masculine, and woody. Harsh opening in the first time but after a few minutes, it turns to be a calming sweet tobacco scent. It's just beautiful and not like a cheap fragrance at all. It is better to be used in cold seasons and is highly recommended for Tobacco scent collectors. Not for office or first dates, a night out and clubbing scent.

-Elysium

Itchynose 9 months ago
Maybe not as exciting as its partner in the Tobacco Collection, Rich Warm Addictive, but still a sweet pleasant apple and tonka beans scent.
Carlitos01 19 months ago
Gorgeous Black Pepper, Tonka & Tobacco notes.
A great smooth and velvety fragrance!
... believe me, it is really worth a blind buy !!!+6
Elysium 3 years ago
The coolest, smoothest, and leathery tobacco leaf you ever had. A fresh start, an earthy heart, with antiqued leather and silky suede blend.+3
9.0

by Nyze29
by H27
by H27

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Y Collection by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Seoul by Zara Lisboa by Zara