#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive (2016)

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Coconut, Tobacco, Sandalwood, Honey

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 27.05.2020.

Sticky honey
Well this Zara perfume long was very hyped by community which is seek cheap but good for the price scents.

I was one of them. But I lied myself long time. And that is not for reason silage and longevity, my bottle for both things really is monster (9 I give because I hard believe that is with every bottle true statement) .

Problem is smell. And again not in synthetic feeling, although probably that there is enough of that, it is very well replicated origin scent of nature notes.

So what then? Well although Zara placed this scent in man section, and although I for big time convince myself it is at least unisex...but merely it is that.

Maybe it is me. I especially not crazy for sweet notes (the other very in that way in my collection is HBT Dress Code), so it lot remainders me for women scents. And how it could not be because most dominant notes is honey and if I must put in percent it goes about 80%. Yes there is tobacco all the way but because this smell change very little in time I'm sure it is base note but it is like maybe 15 %. Actually other two notes are eaten by honey.

So again, maybe is my bottle. But silage and longevity is crazy with mine, and that maybe is good if we think for most scents here actually do not bring much good. It is enough for 3 sprays and literally I get drowned for the long time. Because all of this I use this scent maybe 5 times in year and only especially when are temperatures are very bellow zero C (with that maybe I can imagine it for cold evenings around Christmas when there are lot happenings outside). So with that I would have this bottle to the end of my life probably.
Tobacco-flavored honey?
Ahoy, your country... uh... scent rats?! :D
Nice of you to drop by again for one of my comments. Today I'll tell you about Rich/Warm/Addictive from the Tobaaco Collection by Zara. I know, the name is a bit strange, but that's how fragrance names are sometimes. Just think of "Putain des Palaces", which literally means "palace whore" (and no, no matter what you think of me, I did NOT just make up the name! The scent is real, it is from Etat Libre d'Orange!)

Anyway, the Zara fragrances are fragrances that usually have surprisingly good scents underneath, but which are usually not always available. Since Zara releases new fragrances every year, it seems that at least in the Zara stores the previous fragrances are quickly sorted out again, which is a pity. This fragrance here is also from 2016, so it is very possible that it no longer exists.

But I'm still telling you about him. Not because I'm mean and introduce you to a possibly nice scent, which might not be available anymore anyway, so that you get angry afterwards, because you would like the scent so much, but because ... oh I don't know. Let's just stick to "being mean", because you always think so badly of me anyway, if only because you thought that I invented the scent Putain des Palaces, since it's summer soon and my hormones are supposed to go crazy etc. etc. etc. yes yes yes yes yes :DDD
Pah, you better just keep reading this comment, tsss... really...

The smell:
The fragrance begins with tart tobacco and sweetish honey. A nice combination, which is similarly beautiful as the combination of tobacco and vanilla, which is more common in tobacco scents. Because the scent is not particularly powdery, the tobacco scent and therefore its tart aura is shown to its best advantage instead of appearing softer.
A little later it still smells of tobacco and honey. Coconut I can't perceive, let's see if it shows up later.
At the base, the fragrance seems to change very little, at least for me. Towards the end it becomes softer and milder, but still smells mostly of tobacco and honey. I simply can't really perceive coconut, and if I do, then only very little at most, and that only if I should press my nose on my arm. All in all, the scent may sound very simple because of the few scents, but it smells quite okay and nice.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is quite okay for a while, because the scent is nice. It is not very strong, but enough to be noticed for a while. The shelf life is still relatively short for a tobacco/honey scent, as I could hardly smell the scent on my arm after only five to six hours. Many other such scents I can usually smell twice as long.

The bottle! The bottle is cylindrical and dark brown-red. On the front is a white print with the fragrance's name in a frame. The cylindrical cap is black and bears the brand name, being thicker and ribbed at the top. It's all a bit simple, but okay.

Conclusion:
Well, the smell is nice. Although I think that the tobacco scent could be a little softer, but that's just my personal opinion. The sweetness of the honey smells also quite nice, so that one gets a quite nice smell altogether. However, I found that the shelf life was rather moderate despite the not so bad sillage, because it is quickly weakened, at least in my case. Or the Sillage just weakened faster, so I thought the shelf life was short, that's always something between shelf life and Sillage.

Apart from that, I find the fragrance good as an evening/outdoor scent in autumn and winter (at least if you spray it on or refresh it occasionally because it doesn't last that long), which might even leave a nice impression on others. Anyway, just in case you should still find the fragrance somewhere, because as mentioned before, older Zara fragrances are usually more difficult or even impossible to find, maybe you'll find some bottles in the souk. But don't howl at me when I've introduced another scent that has you so hooked that you want it so badly. I can't help it, so don't grumble with me! Although... It would be a welcome change if I would get grumbled about this topic... because often people say that I write too dirty comments... no wonder if you think the name "Putain des Palaces" was my idea... honestly, am I really that bad? Write it to me! ... no wait... don't write it to me! DD

Hey hey, well, that's it. I wish you all a nice evening (hey, I always wish you a nice evening, so I'm nice after all, man!!!), so see you next time! :)
The summer tobacco?
Sometimes in life, you have the feeling that an 'unknown force' is running things for you. Since I've owned Rich/Warm/Addictive, this force has driven me to write this comment.
This feeling now even prevails against the head, which keeps jumping back and forth between "Actually, everything has been said" and "There are already so many comments!

On my first (and so far only!) visit to Zara I wanted to get RWA and "Vetiver Pamplemousse" (because of some nice posts in the forum) under my nose... but neither of them was in stock and all the other favourites here ("S4nd4lw00d", "Vibrant Leather") didn't really appeal to me. Weeks later a colleague described his newfound love to me - "Pure Havanne" by Thierry Mugler. Unfortunately his wife used up the scent before he could bring it to the test. Later I became curious and rummaged in the Souk
and finally found a lovely perfume that offered both "Pure Havanne" and RWA, and he struck immediately - RWA just sounded too good for that. "Pure Havanne" and RWA have a clear similarity, but have completely different objectives.

So that this does not degenerate into a full life story, I would like to come to the key points: The name really is the game here. Since the first spraying, the instinctive grasp into the perfume drawer has brought out Rich/Warm/Addictive more and more often. The top note alone would have already qualified the fragrance as a must-have for me, but the light (!) tobacco note and in the mixture certainly also the honey, refine the fragrance.

You shouldn't expect miracles in fragrance development - but I personally am personally very happy that the (in my fragrance horizon!) unique composition behaves quite linear. In my opinion, the coconut note becomes a bit quieter with time, which makes the fragrance feel even warmer. Also you shouldn't be deceived by the name "Tobacco Collection", because compared to "Pure Havanne", "Tobacco Vanilla" or "Tobacco" the tobacco is even more subtle. But exactly this qualifies Rich/Warm/Addictive for me to a wonderful spring, if not summer, fragrance!

Last but not least, I would like to praise the very reasonable price. What one gets offered here for his money is really extraordinary. The scent does not smell cheap, nor is the durability to complain about - it lasts for 10 hours quite present. After "Vanhera" (Parfume is unrelated!) Rich/Warm/Addictive is my second big love..
Great- with lousy durability
In my backwoods Zara of course not to get, that must be remedied in the souk. A very round boozy vanilla scent arrived, which smells as good and expensive as a big one.
But!!!! I don't understand the lousy shelf life... it smells like it should last. The notes sound as if it has to hold. And yet after a few hours you can only look for it with a magnifying glass.
He has been degraded to a home fragrance - here too he makes you happy
Cuddly weather
Zara's Tobacco Collection was one of the most hyped of its fragrances about a year ago. I don't really get warm with the Intense/Dark/Exclusive, but I like Rich/Warm/Addictive all the more.

No, he doesn't smell like Herod. It may be a similar scent type, but it's not nearly a twin. Insurrection II Wild and Pure Havane are not twins either.

The fragrance may also be a little misleading due to its name. He's part of the Tobacco Collection, although I personally don't perceive tobacco. The scent is quite linear (like many Zara scents) and smells mainly of coconut, accompanied by honey. The only thing it might smell of is perhaps shisha tobacco, because there often the tobacco smell itself goes down in the midst of all the other aromas.

What is RWA in the end? RWA is a very sweet gourmand fragrance, which is very pleasant in the air. In my opinion it is to be classified as unisex and reminds me of the Ziaja Cupuacu shower gel with shea butter & macadamia oil of my girlfriend. Of course, the scent fits best into the colder days, I wear it today during bad weather in sick leave, because it is so comfortable.

The keyword concerning the occasions is also cozy here. For me this fragrance is very cuddly and delicate, it is not very loud and the Sillage does not fill any rooms. The durability does not set any world records, but is enough for a cosy evening. And there it is again, that word. "Cosy." RWA is definitely not a night scent in my eyes. It certainly doesn't fit into the club, seems strange to me in the restaurant and would be inappropriate for the bar or other establishments in my opinion. I prefer to wear this scent on cold days after a hot bath. If you jump out of the icy snow directly into the shower and get goose bumps because you were already so cold. Then you put on the most comfortable sweater, apply this fragrance and enjoy either a hot chocolate, a tea or a glass of red wine. A fireplace would also be great if you had the opportunity. Then a good book and a fleece blanket and the world is perfect. And even if it may be a Friday evening, you set the mobile phone to silent, because you certainly don't want to leave here.

Northern Comfort
I recently got a bottle of R/W/A for Christmas and I have to say I'm pleased with it. As someone else mentioned, the opening does have a wine-like smell to it. This may turn some people off, personally I love it. From there you get a floral vibe (likely the white peony) but its not so strong. After a few hours the fragrance transitions into a vanilla scent while still retaining that really nice boozy quality to it. My nose picks up a little bit of tobacco but not so much. This is a warm and cosy cologne that's suitable for colder weather (especially where I live, where the winter norm is -20 C). Yeah its a nice fragrance to wear around the house or to go out and meet up with friends. Longevity and sillage is above average. I can still smell this strong on me after eight hours. Recommended.

MrHonest
It's back. It's different. And better than ever.
Imagine my surprise when visiting my local Zara today and finding this long since discontinued hype monster on the shelf. "Awwwwww," I thought. "Isn't that cute? They brought it back. Good for them. Good for them."

The original RWA was just too sweet for my taste. I know people say coconut lotion, but to me it was just way too feminine.

In an attempt to refresh my memory, I had a spray from the tester bottle. Whoa. Immediately - this smells different. The opening smells like WINE!!! Literally like some kind of booze. Ten minutes in, a dark chocolate started coming through with a far more subdued vanilla. I couldn't believe what I was smelling. They definitely changed something...

It's like they took all the good stuff from the original and cranked it way up, while getting rid of that shuddering sweetness. The overall feel brings to mind having dinner at a fine restaurant. Imagine the brighter cousin of Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis but without the oud. I hastily grabbed the last bottle off the shelf. Nobody seemed to have touched the other frags (including its' #tobacco brother, which I'm now regretting not smelling) but RWA was just sold out, thanks to me. Crazy how popular this is going to be.

I had a look on the website and the new notes are Rum, White Peony and Vanilla Bourbon. Now tell me that doesn't sound delicious, right? And I literally get all of it - the booze, that awesome vanilla, and some kind of pleasant floral in the background. Very well blended, more masculine and with decent performance. Such an improvement over the 2016 version and just in time for fall.

So yeah, if you didn't particularly enjoy the old formulation (like me), definitely give this new one a sniff. To my nose, the change is remarkable. Wine, chocolate and vanilla - Mi Amor - Valentine's Day, in a bottle.

Scent - 8.5/10
Longevity - 8/10
Projection - 7/10
Overall - 8/10 – Batch #82010

Carlitos01
It's really addictive, rich, warm... and sweet.
I put on a perfume every morning. My wife kind of likes fragrances but regards my fragrance hobby with some indifference and many times the fragrances I wear go unoticed. She just aproves or disaproves from time to time.
I applied three sprays of Rich/Warm/Addictive this morning. During breakfast she showed an intriguing face and said "what is THAT"?
I asked "you like it or not?"
She said "uoow, manly and smooth...." "what is it?"
I replied "you will never guess...."
She thought for 10 seconds and then asked "give me a hint, tell me how much?..."
I replied "around ten euros"!
She laughed a bit and just said "liar...", then she walked out, leaving me with a smile in my face.
Yes, this fragrance is gourmand and manly at the same time. It has some great tobacco/coconut/honey strong notes with a background of cedar and sandal. I also detect a coffee scent even if that note is not listed. It's a simple effective gourmand formula!
When people ask me what am I wearing (not just my wife) and I answer "Zara", people generally smile and answer something like "OK, keep your secret". I also think that this type of reactions are just BIG COMPLIMENTS.
There is a strong resemblance between this fragrance and Herod from Perfumes de Marly. I know that Zara does not have the same performance but for the price, you can respray at your will.

Now the blending...
Sweet coffee, sweet moist tobacco and strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear developpment... simple and effective gourmand formula!
Having said that, this fragrance is really addictive!
Average longevity, sillagge and projection.
Quite unisex. and an excelent winter scent!
Quality? A LOT for the price. It costed me 12.5 Euros for 100 ml. As any Zara scent it will vanish quite quickly, so I already bought a couple of backups.
My global rating: 8.25~8.5/10.00

Winter Delight
Scentrack:
Toto & Cheryl Lynne – Georgy Porgy

There was a big hype about Rich Warm Addictive, and with a good reason, I must concur. In my opinion Rich Warm Addictive is the best Zara fragrance for men to this date. However, I don’t consider it as a masterpiece. Rich Warm Addictive is sweet, cozy, affable, almost edible and very affordable. Unfortunately, the perfumer of this fragrance is not publicly known, but this person created a pretty good scent.
Rich Warm Addictive is very sweet from its first second. To my nose, there is an unidentified fruity note in the opening. Honey is very pronounced in Rich Warm Addictive, and in combination with huge tobacco creates a slightly alcoholic apricot mirage, similar to apricot in Slumberhouse Kiste. Like a Southern Comfort liquor accord. The coconut note is also strong, and gives the impression of suntan lotion. Personally, I like this coconut background role. At the base I can detect some light, artificial, but nice sandalwood note and some nuances of vanilla.

Rating: 7.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

HubertGHubertG 103 days ago
almost feminine, version with rhum and vanilla so powerful and addictive, share it with my wife, lasts forever 17.95€ tobacco collection!!!
ItchynoseItchynose 12 months ago
Tobacco-honey combo is no more, replaced by rum-vanilla in the current formulation. Boozy and gourmand, my favourite Zara scent.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 16 months ago
2.5
Absolute disgrace of a fragrance. This smells makes me gag
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Sweet coffee and moist tobacco; strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear development. Simple effective & gourmand!
HitchslapHitchslap 2 years ago
Great smell, rich, warm and............short lived, gone too soon......POOF!
H27H27 3 years ago
I think it's not the best scent but a good one 7.5/10. However, I prefer Gourmand Leather more compared to this perfume. Very good price!!!
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Please don't buy before testing.Do Not listen to reviews,try it yourself.Don't mean to upset anyone but this is horrible,just sweet water!
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
The sweetest, creamy, and powdery tobacco you ever had. A bit peppery, spicy in the beginning, honey like, with warm iris and vanilla blend.

by 008Pauline
by Nyze29
by H27
by H27

Popular Zara

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Vanilla by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara 8.0 by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Unexpected Fresh Spicy by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Night pour Homme III by Zara