#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive (2016)

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Coconut, Tobacco, Sandalwood, Honey

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 02.11.2019.

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Cuddly weather
Zara's Tobacco Collection was one of the most hyped of its fragrances about a year ago. I don't really get warm with the Intense/Dark/Exclusive, but I like Rich/Warm/Addictive all the more.

No, he doesn't smell like Herod. It may be a similar scent type, but it's not nearly a twin. Insurrection II Wild and Pure Havane are not twins either.

The fragrance may also be a little misleading due to its name. He's part of the Tobacco Collection, although I personally don't perceive tobacco. The scent is quite linear (like many Zara scents) and smells mainly of coconut, accompanied by honey. The only thing it might smell of is perhaps shisha tobacco, because there often the tobacco smell itself goes down in the midst of all the other aromas.

What is RWA in the end? RWA is a very sweet gourmand fragrance, which is very pleasant in the air. In my opinion it is to be classified as unisex and reminds me of the Ziaja Cupuacu shower gel with shea butter & macadamia oil of my girlfriend. Of course, the scent fits best into the colder days, I wear it today during bad weather in sick leave, because it is so comfortable.

The keyword concerning the occasions is also cozy here. For me this fragrance is very cuddly and delicate, it is not very loud and the Sillage does not fill any rooms. The durability does not set any world records, but is enough for a cosy evening. And there it is again, that word. "Cosy." RWA is definitely not a night scent in my eyes. It certainly doesn't fit into the club, seems strange to me in the restaurant and would be inappropriate for the bar or other establishments in my opinion. I prefer to wear this scent on cold days after a hot bath. If you jump out of the icy snow directly into the shower and get goose bumps because you were already so cold. Then you put on the most comfortable sweater, apply this fragrance and enjoy either a hot chocolate, a tea or a glass of red wine. A fireplace would also be great if you had the opportunity. Then a good book and a fleece blanket and the world is perfect. And even if it may be a Friday evening, you set the mobile phone to silent, because you certainly don't want to leave here.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Northern Comfort
I recently got a bottle of R/W/A for Christmas and I have to say I'm pleased with it. As someone else mentioned, the opening does have a wine-like smell to it. This may turn some people off, personally I love it. From there you get a floral vibe (likely the white peony) but its not so strong. After a few hours the fragrance transitions into a vanilla scent while still retaining that really nice boozy quality to it. My nose picks up a little bit of tobacco but not so much. This is a warm and cosy cologne that's suitable for colder weather (especially where I live, where the winter norm is -20 C). Yeah its a nice fragrance to wear around the house or to go out and meet up with friends. Longevity and sillage is above average. I can still smell this strong on me after eight hours. Recommended.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

MrHonest
It's back. It's different. And better than ever.
Imagine my surprise when visiting my local Zara today and finding this long since discontinued hype monster on the shelf. "Awwwwww," I thought. "Isn't that cute? They brought it back. Good for them. Good for them."

The original RWA was just too sweet for my taste. I know people say coconut lotion, but to me it was just way too feminine.

In an attempt to refresh my memory, I had a spray from the tester bottle. Whoa. Immediately - this smells different. The opening smells like WINE!!! Literally like some kind of booze. Ten minutes in, a dark chocolate started coming through with a far more subdued vanilla. I couldn't believe what I was smelling. They definitely changed something...

It's like they took all the good stuff from the original and cranked it way up, while getting rid of that shuddering sweetness. The overall feel brings to mind having dinner at a fine restaurant. Imagine the brighter cousin of Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis but without the oud. I hastily grabbed the last bottle off the shelf. Nobody seemed to have touched the other frags (including its' #tobacco brother, which I'm now regretting not smelling) but RWA was just sold out, thanks to me. Crazy how popular this is going to be.

I had a look on the website and the new notes are Rum, White Peony and Vanilla Bourbon. Now tell me that doesn't sound delicious, right? And I literally get all of it - the booze, that awesome vanilla, and some kind of pleasant floral in the background. Very well blended, more masculine and with decent performance. Such an improvement over the 2016 version and just in time for fall.

So yeah, if you didn't particularly enjoy the old formulation (like me), definitely give this new one a sniff. To my nose, the change is remarkable. Wine, chocolate and vanilla - Mi Amor - Valentine's Day, in a bottle.

Scent - 8.5/10
Longevity - 8/10
Projection - 7/10
Overall - 8/10 – Batch #82010
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

Carlitos01
It's really addictive, rich, warm... and sweet.
I put on a perfume every morning. My wife kind of likes fragrances but regards my fragrance hobby with some indifference and many times the fragrances I wear go unoticed. She just aproves or disaproves from time to time.
I applied three sprays of Rich/Warm/Addictive this morning. During breakfast she showed an intriguing face and said "what is THAT"?
I asked "you like it or not?"
She said "uoow, manly and smooth...." "what is it?"
I replied "you will never guess...."
She thought for 10 seconds and then asked "give me a hint, tell me how much?..."
I replied "around ten euros"!
She laughed a bit and just said "liar...", then she walked out, leaving me with a smile in my face.
Yes, this fragrance is gourmand and manly at the same time. It has some great tobacco/coconut/honey strong notes with a background of cedar and sandal. I also detect a coffee scent even if that note is not listed. It's a simple effective gourmand formula!
When people ask me what am I wearing (not just my wife) and I answer "Zara", people generally smile and answer something like "OK, keep your secret". I also think that this type of reactions are just BIG COMPLIMENTS.
There is a strong resemblance between this fragrance and Herod from Perfumes de Marly. I know that Zara does not have the same performance but for the price, you can respray at your will.

Now the blending...
Sweet coffee, sweet moist tobacco and strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear developpment... simple and effective gourmand formula!
Having said that, this fragrance is really addictive!
Average longevity, sillagge and projection.
Quite unisex. and an excelent winter scent!
Quality? A LOT for the price. It costed me 12.5 Euros for 100 ml. As any Zara scent it will vanish quite quickly, so I already bought a couple of backups.
My global rating: 8.25~8.5/10.00
6.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Winter Delight
Scentrack:
Toto & Cheryl Lynne – Georgy Porgy

There was a big hype about Rich Warm Addictive, and with a good reason, I must concur. In my opinion Rich Warm Addictive is the best Zara fragrance for men to this date. However, I don’t consider it as a masterpiece. Rich Warm Addictive is sweet, cozy, affable, almost edible and very affordable. Unfortunately, the perfumer of this fragrance is not publicly known, but this person created a pretty good scent.
Rich Warm Addictive is very sweet from its first second. To my nose, there is an unidentified fruity note in the opening. Honey is very pronounced in Rich Warm Addictive, and in combination with huge tobacco creates a slightly alcoholic apricot mirage, similar to apricot in Slumberhouse Kiste. Like a Southern Comfort liquor accord. The coconut note is also strong, and gives the impression of suntan lotion. Personally, I like this coconut background role. At the base I can detect some light, artificial, but nice sandalwood note and some nuances of vanilla.

Rating: 7.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

Itchynose 6 months ago
Tobacco-honey combo is no more, replaced by rum-vanilla in the current formulation. Boozy and gourmand, my favourite Zara scent.
JoaoMartins 10 months ago
Absolute disgrace of a fragrance. This smells makes me gag
4.0
10.0
2.5
Carlitos01 21 months ago
Sweet coffee and moist tobacco; strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear development. Simple effective & gourmand!+3
Hitchslap 23 months ago
Great smell, rich, warm and............short lived, gone too soon......POOF!+2
H27 2 years ago
I think it's not the best scent but a good one 7.5/10. However, I prefer Gourmand Leather more compared to this perfume. Very good price!!!+1
Lexa 3 years ago
Please don't buy before testing.Do Not listen to reviews,try it yourself.Don't mean to upset anyone but this is horrible,just sweet water!+5
3.0
Elysium 3 years ago
The sweetest, creamy, and powdery tobacco you ever had. A bit peppery, spicy in the beginning, honey like, with warm iris and vanilla blend.+7
9.0

by Nyze29
by H27
by H27

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Y Collection by Zara Lisboa by Zara Seoul by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara