#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive (2016)

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by De Ruy Perfumes.

Rum, White peony, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 17.03.2019

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10
Northern Comfort
I recently got a bottle of R/W/A for Christmas and I have to say I'm pleased with it. As someone else mentioned, the opening does have a wine-like smell to it. This may turn some people off, personally I love it. From there you get a floral vibe (likely the white peony) but its not so strong. After a few hours the fragrance transitions into a vanilla scent while still retaining that really nice boozy quality to it. My nose picks up a little bit of tobacco but not so much. This is a warm and cosy cologne that's suitable for colder weather (especially where I live, where the winter norm is -20 C). Yeah its a nice fragrance to wear around the house or to go out and meet up with friends. Longevity and sillage is above average. I can still smell this strong on me after eight hours. Recommended.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10
MrHonest
It's back. It's different. And better than ever.
Imagine my surprise when visiting my local Zara today and finding this long since discontinued hype monster on the shelf. "Awwwwww," I thought. "Isn't that cute? They brought it back. Good for them. Good for them."

The original RWA was just too sweet for my taste. I know people say coconut lotion, but to me it was just way too feminine.

In an attempt to refresh my memory, I had a spray from the tester bottle. Whoa. Immediately - this smells different. The opening smells like WINE!!! Literally like some kind of booze. Ten minutes in, a dark chocolate started coming through with a far more subdued vanilla. I couldn't believe what I was smelling. They definitely changed something...

It's like they took all the good stuff from the original and cranked it way up, while getting rid of that shuddering sweetness. The overall feel brings to mind having dinner at a fine restaurant. Imagine the brighter cousin of Black Vanilla Absolute by Perry Ellis but without the oud. I hastily grabbed the last bottle off the shelf. Nobody seemed to have touched the other frags (including its' #tobacco brother, which I'm now regretting not smelling) but RWA was just sold out, thanks to me. Crazy how popular this is going to be.

I had a look on the website and the new notes are Rum, White Peony and Vanilla Bourbon. Now tell me that doesn't sound delicious, right? And I literally get all of it - the booze, that awesome vanilla, and some kind of pleasant floral in the background. Very well blended, more masculine and with decent performance. Such an improvement over the 2016 version and just in time for fall.

So yeah, if you didn't particularly enjoy the old formulation (like me), definitely give this new one a sniff. To my nose, the change is remarkable. Wine, chocolate and vanilla - Mi Amor - Valentine's Day, in a bottle.

Scent - 8.5/10
Longevity - 8/10
Projection - 7/10
Overall - 8/10 – Batch #82010
7.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10
Carlitos01
It's really addictive, rich, warm... and sweet.
I put on a perfume every morning. My wife kind of likes fragrances but regards my fragrance hobby with some indifference and many times the fragrances I wear go unoticed. She just aproves or disaproves from time to time.
I applied three sprays of Rich/Warm/Addictive this morning. During breakfast she showed an intriguing face and said "what is THAT"?
I asked "you like it or not?"
She said "uoow, manly and smooth...." "what is it?"
I replied "you will never guess...."
She thought for 10 seconds and then asked "give me a hint, tell me how much?..."
I replied "around ten euros"!
She laughed a bit and just said "liar...", then she walked out, leaving me with a smile in my face.
Yes, this fragrance is gourmand and manly at the same time. It has some great tobacco/coconut/honey strong notes with a background of cedar and sandal. I also detect a coffee scent even if that note is not listed. It's a simple effective gourmand formula!
When people ask me what am I wearing (not just my wife) and I answer "Zara", people generally smile and answer something like "OK, keep your secret". I also think that this type of reactions are just BIG COMPLIMENTS.
There is a strong resemblance between this fragrance and Herod from Perfumes de Marly. I know that Zara does not have the same performance but for the price, you can respray at your will.

Now the blending...
Sweet coffee, sweet moist tobacco and strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear developpment... simple and effective gourmand formula!
Having said that, this fragrance is really addictive!
Average longevity, sillagge and projection.
Quite unisex. and an excelent winter scent!
Quality? A LOT for the price. It costed me 12.5 Euros for 100 ml. As any Zara scent it will vanish quite quickly, so I already bought a couple of backups.
My global rating: 8.25~8.5/10.00
6.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10
Winter Delight
Scentrack:
Toto & Cheryl Lynne – Georgy Porgy

There was a big hype about Rich Warm Addictive, and with a good reason, I must concur. In my opinion Rich Warm Addictive is the best Zara fragrance for men to this date. However, I don’t consider it as a masterpiece. Rich Warm Addictive is sweet, cozy, affable, almost edible and very affordable. Unfortunately, the perfumer of this fragrance is not publicly known, but this person created a pretty good scent.
Rich Warm Addictive is very sweet from its first second. To my nose, there is an unidentified fruity note in the opening. Honey is very pronounced in Rich Warm Addictive, and in combination with huge tobacco creates a slightly alcoholic apricot mirage, similar to apricot in Slumberhouse Kiste. Like a Southern Comfort liquor accord. The coconut note is also strong, and gives the impression of suntan lotion. Personally, I like this coconut background role. At the base I can detect some light, artificial, but nice sandalwood note and some nuances of vanilla.

Rating: 7.5/10

More on Scentimentalwords

JoaoMartins 47 days ago
Absolute disgrace of a fragrance. This smells makes me gag
4.0
10.0
2.5
Carlitos01 13 months ago
Sweet coffee and moist tobacco; strong coconut opening with wood and honey base for a very linear development. Simple effective & gourmand!+1
Hitchslap 14 months ago
Great smell, rich, warm and............short lived, gone too soon......POOF!+2
H27 17 months ago
I think it's not the best scent but a good one 7.5/10. However, I prefer Gourmand Leather more compared to this perfume. Very good price!!!+1
6.0
Lexa 2 years ago
Please don't buy before testing.Do Not listen to reviews,try it yourself.Don't mean to upset anyone but this is horrible,just sweet water!+5
3.0
Elysium 3 years ago
The sweetest, creamy, and powdery tobacco you ever had. A bit peppery, spicy in the beginning, honey like, with warm iris and vanilla blend.+7
9.0

by Nyze29
by H27
by H27

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara 8.0 by Zara Y Collection by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara Wood Noir by Zara Seoul by Zara