Tone - Indéterminée (2016)

Tone - Indéterminée by Zara

Tone - Indéterminée is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cinnamon bark
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Tobacco leaf
Base Notes Base NotesRum, Cedar, Ambrette

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.04.2019

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Luscious Cocoa Butter Cake with Vanilla Cream Filing & Cinnamon Frosting
I have got ZARA Tone - Indéterminée in my wardrobe since 8 months now. I was looking forward to wearing it during this fall season so as to give it the honest review it deserves.
ZTI opens with an initial blast that smells like delish almond joy cupcakes, tender Madelaine, sweet-meal digestive biscuits, and refreshing citrus notes. Sweet cinnamon-dusted almonds with drops of grapefruit, all topped with caramel sauce are the things that create such an exceptional opening.

After 10 minutes, it turns very warm, very soft, as a creamy amber hay tobacco, not the smoked one, but just fresh leaves, which gives it enough of a masculine edge that it doesn't become too sweet. Oh man... it is freaking good! Yet a buttery quality, not cloying, perhaps due to a tad of iris or orris root, not mentioned, though clearly recognizable among middle notes.

The dry-down is gourmand, keeping a nutty quality, intensely rich, sweet, with nuances of Cognac, or better Rum according to the pyramid notes. And there's a slight sweetness to it. I bet it is the cinnamon bark together with the ambrette seeds that make this so yummy. The perfect balance of gourmands and masculine tones like tobacco leaves filled the room where I had worked, and the moment my co-workers came in, they were welcomed by the edible scents, made them crave for chocolates and pastries!

There's a striking resemblance to Valentino Uomo, they have similar vibe, but they are not identical, rather very different from one another. Besides, it shares most of the notes in common with Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels without the leather, but I have never tested that.

Longevity is above average, considering that I wore it around 7.30am, and I yet feel it in my nostril, being 4.00pm right now. Likewise for the sillage, which I perceive very well and clearly whenever I move around. I worn it at office, and when I left my desk for having some rest and went right back I got a very nice and gourmand smell as soon as I moved closer to my cubicle... that's stunning, ZTI remains in the spare around you, though it is not overwhelming nor cloying the people sitting near you. According to my mood and flavor, ZTI fits better with cool weather, like middle fall and early spring day, when the sun is shining but the air is sparkling, although I prefer floral families for the latter season.

If you have a change to stop by a ZARA shop, I dare you to try it, you will not regret it.

-Gianluca
7.0 9.0 10.0 9.5/10

MrHonest
Unisex delicious-ness with outstanding value.
Zara? Really? Yes, indeed. The first time I smelled this, it felt dry and nutty. The second time I smelled this, it felt sweet and chocolatey. The third time I smelled this, I swore. Like, several times. It just smelled THAT GOOD.

Simultaneously, this has that nuttiness from Valentino Uomo, combined with that trademark cheap, crystalline sweetness contained in most Zara frags, but with an A*Men-ish type base. That would be the chocolate. To me, it basically smells like a chocolatey, sugary-nut candy body lotion - if you can imagine that. If you've smelled Black Phantom by Kilian, you pretty much know Indeterminee. That one is a little more rich and dense, but the elements are all there.

Don't even bother with the note pyramid or what they say on the box. To me it makes absolutely no sense. This stuff is all base notes and has BEAST MODE longevity and projection - so be careful on the sprays. And can you guess how much it cost? Yeah. That's why I have 3 bottles. The value is just IN-SANE.

Elysium 22 months ago
This is the best Chocolate Butter Cake I've ever eaten... oops, smelt! It's a wonderfully rich buttery chocolate flavor with a bit of coffee+3
9.0

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Y Collection by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Seoul by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara