Tone - Indéterminée 2016

Tone - Indéterminée by Zara
Tone - Indéterminée is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Tobacco leaf
Base Notes Base NotesRum, Cedar, Ambrette

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.11.2020.

Metrosexuality
The first thing you can perceive is an intense and very strong dense note, which gives off the typical, slightly warming, dry, sweetish spicy Ceylon -cinnamon smell, which I had suspected instead of the cinnamon bark.

At the same time, the cinnamon bark is accompanied by a very delicate, almost fragile fruity nuance, which made me think more of a tangerine sprinkled with lemons, and white peach also came to mind instead of grapefruit, since here I completely avoided sour, very fine, tart fresh nuances, which were actually "almost expected" with a grapefruit, and here the image of a luxurious, wonderfully light velvety body milk comes up.

A little bit later the scent picture has not changed at all worth mentioning in my opinion - And of course there is a but :-)

The fragrance becomes even more densely creamy, with a gourmand cocoa butter touch and accompanied by a beautiful, lively, for me magenta-colored floral nuance and is surrounded by the pleasantly powdery balm of tobacco leaves and I thought here Tolu balm, also Peru balsam; I could have imagined copavai balsam very well, but never suspected tobacco leaves.

Tone - Indéterminée is a very likeable revolutionary, because here the feminine is pulled in such an unusual and at the same time fascinatingly attractive direction, that only metrosexuality comes to mind; this same aura, which I perceive, is also found, according to my nose, in Gaultier 2, Naomi Campbell's signature fragrance and Dior Homme Intense, and as "recognition" Ambrette.

In the last 4 hours the ambrette has completely built up and leaves you lying in a liqueur-looking, very discreetly light wooden silk sheet and also on the use of rum and cedar wood and additionally sandalwood.

Altogether the fragrance lasts 9.5 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning to be 4 hours on a very clearly perceptible whole arm length, before it is minimized in creeping strokes until the fragrance is finished.

I would like to thank our perfuma "Duftelinchen" for the sample.

Luscious Cocoa Butter Cake with Vanilla Cream Filing & Cinnamon Frosting
I have got ZARA Tone - Indéterminée in my wardrobe for eight months now. I was looking forward to wearing it during this fall season to give it the honest and appropriate review it deserves. It is late fall now, and the time has come, finally!

It opens with an initial blast that smells like delicious almond joy cupcakes, tender Madeline, sweet-meal digestive biscuits, and refreshing citrus notes. Sweet cinnamon-dusted almonds with drops of grapefruit, all topped with caramel sauce, are the things that create such an exceptional opening. Oh, oh, this is firmly gourmand, whit that buttery and tasty background.

After 10 minutes, it turns hot, very soft, as creamy amber hay tobacco, not the smoked one, but just fresh leaves, which gives it enough of a masculine edge that it doesn't become too sweet. Oh, man. It is freaking good! Yet a buttery quality, not cloying, perhaps due to a tad of iris or orris root, not mentioned, though clearly recognizable among middle notes.

The dry-down is gourmand, keeping a nutty quality, intensely rich, sweet, with nuances of Cognac, or better Rum, according to the pyramid notes. And there's a slight sweetness to it. I bet it is the cinnamon bark together with the ambrette seeds that make this so yummy. The perfect balance of gourmands and masculine tones like tobacco leaves filled the room where I had worked, and the moment my co-workers came in, they were welcomed by the yummy scents, made them crave for chocolates and pastries! Do you know what Baileys smells like? It doesn't feel dry and boozy, slightly not a whiskey aroma. It's more like a creamy, milky, caramelly, toffee-like aroma, and Tone Indéterminée is all about it.

There's a striking resemblance to Valentino Uomo, they have a similar vibe, but they are not identical, rather very different from one another. Besides, it shares most of the notes in common with Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels without the leather, but I have never tested that.

Longevity is above average, considering that I wore it around 7.30 am, and I yet feel it in my nostrils, being 4.00 pm right now, likewise for the sillage, which I perceive very well and clearly whenever I move around. I have worn it at the office, and when I left my desk to have some rest and went right back, I got an adorable and gourmand smell as soon as I moved closer to my cubicle. That's stunning, Tone Indéterminée remains in the space around you, though it is not overwhelming nor cloying the people sitting near you. According to my mood and flavor, It fits better with cold weather, like central fall and early spring day, when the sun is shining, and the air is sparkling, although I prefer floral families for the late season.

If you have a chance to stop by a ZARA shop, I dare you to try it, and you will not regret it. Sadly, I can't name a very similar fragrance. Valentino Uomo has some of the same gourmands, but Tone has a buttery quality that is unique.

-Elysium

MrHonest
Unisex delicious-ness with outstanding value.
Zara? Really? Yes, indeed. The first time I smelled this, it felt dry and nutty. The second time I smelled this, it felt sweet and chocolatey. The third time I smelled this, I swore. Like, several times. It just smelled THAT GOOD.

Simultaneously, this has that nuttiness from Valentino Uomo, combined with that trademark cheap, crystalline sweetness contained in most Zara frags, but with an A*Men-ish type base. That would be the chocolate. To me, it basically smells like a chocolatey, sugary-nut candy body lotion - if you can imagine that. If you've smelled Black Phantom by Kilian, you pretty much know Indeterminee. That one is a little more rich and dense, but the elements are all there.

Don't even bother with the note pyramid or what they say on the box. To me it makes absolutely no sense. This stuff is all base notes and has BEAST MODE longevity and projection - so be careful on the sprays. And can you guess how much it cost? Yeah. That's why I have 3 bottles. The value is just IN-SANE.

ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
This is the best Chocolate Butter Cake I've ever eaten... oops, smelt! It's a wonderfully rich buttery chocolate flavor with a bit of coffee

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara Warm Black by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara Hi-Lo Country by Zara Vanilla by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Ambré Noble by Zara 8.0 by Zara