Vibrant Leather 2018 Eau de Parfum

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara
Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2018. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still available to purchase.
Scent goes well with Aqva Amara (Eau de Toilette)

BergamotBergamot
LemonLemon
LeatherLeather
BambooBamboo
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Schücha, last update on 20.09.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara, which differs in concentration.

No, it is not
Points in common end just there. It smells like it but it is not a clone: it does not have the same accords, nor the notes, nor the complexity, nor the longevity nor the projection of the original. Similar, yes. The same, no.

Nice bottle, nice cap, nice smell, inexpensive, good value for money. Want something better? Try others or get the original.

For the price you just cannot complain.

Aventus slightly bitter
At this point everybody knows that VL is a clon of Aventus.

I´ll simply add that the opening is slightly bitter, VL doesn´t have the pineapple and apple that Aventus has, and counterbalance the bergamot. Anyway it´s just a tiny touch of bitterness, the scent is really similar to Aventus.

Aventus Cousin
Vibrant Leather Eau de Parfum was created by Jerome Epinette and was launched in 2018 by Zara. This release was the turning point for the brand, often ignored in the fragrance community until then.

Normally, I’m done with all the clone perfumes, being the cheapies or expensive variations on the popular DNA. Yet, Vibrant Leather from Zara is such an affordable scent that I had to give it a fair chance at least.

So, what does Zara Vibrant Leather smell like? The first thing that comes to my mind from the initial spray is the fresh and clean properties of Explorer and the heavy and thick accords of Club de Nuit Intense Man.

All of this combined, yes, you are reminded of Aventus, but in a more watered-down reinterpretation. The fragrance itself wears more like a light Eau de Toilette, rather than Eau de Parfum.

As for the official notes, they get you an idea of what the fragrance should smell like, but don’t tell the real story. The scent opens up a zesty combination of bergamot, lemon, and sweet lime.

This is where the fragrance is the closest to the original. As the scent dries down on your skin and gets mellower, the initial freshness loses its steam quite quickly, and what you are left with is a woody/musky scent trail.

The leather accord is barely there, and if it wasn’t listed as an official note, I doubt anyone would detect it.

Even with all of these shortcomings, I have to say that Vibrant Leather is probably the best bang for your buck Aventus clone, recommended for those who want to save money, and check out what’s all the fuss about the Aventus.

Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.
The Dacia among perfumes
I was really hyped on this fragrance. He was described by several people as a good Creed Clone.

Zack ordered directly from Zara, where else you can not get it. Two days later full of anticipation opened and applied and were disappointed beyond measure.

Of course, this dupe costs little here, but I do not even want to call him a dupe anymore.

The sillage and durability are under all cannon. Since the price can also save nothing more...
I would like to refer here definitely to the Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man which is worth the few euros more to 100%.

Possible that I got a wrong batch, but I definitely do not buy again.
Not worth the money
I don't understand all the hype about this fragrance.

It's supposed to be a dupe of the great Creed Aventus. In my opinion, it is just a crass synthetic, fresh fragrance, which is looking in bad sillage and durability of its kind.
I have really never had a fragrance that has such an incredibly poor durability. He holds circa an hour and is then already barely noticeable.

So this fragrance I can clearly not recommend.
Insider tip!
I bought the smallest bottle of this perfume out of curiosity with my last Zara order. For my nose, it smells almost as intense as its famous model, even if the scent does not last quite as long. For the price, the ideal office fragrance!

CigiScent
Aventus on a budget, that's just what it is...
I have a 2018 batch, don't know about the current version, but to me, this smells like a poor man's aventus. It is in no way as complex and does not evolve in any way.

The opening is really fresh and fruity, but even in a way that is too fruity. My 8-year-old son, who has an insanely accurate nose, said: "You smell like Fanta", when I sprayed it on. Ever since I can't help myself from smelling Fanta in the opening.

If you are on a really tight budget, you could go for this, but it really is created to smell nice when you spray it in the shop and it implodes like a bad souffle after like 20 minutes, the mid and dry down are so dull and uninspired. Got nothing to do with Aventus or anything else decent.

There are far better clones than this, so I would advise spending a little more and get CDNIM, Rasasi Zebra pour Lui or Al Haramain L'Aventure.
Oh, the performance...
I love the smell. In my eyes, one of the better Aventus clones. I definitely think it's better than the more expensive Montblanc Explorer.
Vibrant Leather smells insanely fresh and masculine and it can be worn in any situation. But the performance is really very very bad. You would have to spray it every 3 hours. In terms of price this would be possible (it would still be considerably cheaper than the Aventus), but I would like to have a fragrance that lasts until after lunch and I don't have to constantly repeat it in the toilet.
If Zara would make this fragrance stronger, then I would pay 30-40 Euros for it.
All in all the perfect student scent: mega cheap for a great scent and the one lecture a day only takes 90 minutes (hardly out of my studies, already I'm talking like a 50-year-old)...
Whenever I'm at Zara to sniff new scents, I find myself thinking about taking the Vibrant Leather with me. But since I have the Montblanc Explorer I forbid myself to do so
...there's something wrong...
...everything has already been said about the fragrance, and my nose is not tuned up enough to give me something witty - unfortunately. But what I can point out is that I have NEVER possessed a fragrance which had such a weak durability! I really don't know what the reason for this is, especially since it is also an eau de parfum. Did I get a "Monday bottle"? Sorry but I don't exaggerate and I can only say that a fragrance like that doesn't really give me any pleasure - even if the scent suits me...
Cngz95
Must breathe like a good wine
I think like 95% of all the other owners here, I bought Vibrant Leather for reasons of similarity to Aventus and I have to say, not so bad!

The flacon I find frankly boring but hey, simple it's design does not stand out negatively on the shelf and magnetic closures are already really something fine.

For me, the principle of Vibrant Leather is very similar to wine. It needs to breathe a little at the beginning, take time and work before you can find it good.

I find the top note simply much too strict, smells like alcohol and not seductive but obtrusive. But then the magic begins, a beautiful, fresh, fruity and smoky scent that knows how to convince
Up to here the scent is already really good, but when I smelled my jacket the day after the first tests I was blown away. What a nice base note, one finds really rare.

All in all very solid, the price-performance ratio is excellent and, except for the top note, very successful for me.

I love wearing it.

MatuxMatux 22 days ago
Is there any doubt it is one among many poor man's Aventus? Still enjoyable, though, regardless of criticisms.
Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
I have a conflict with this fragrance. I really like it a lot, but it fails terribly in its longevity.
DaiorosDaioros 5 months ago
Impressive start, luxurious even.
But in less than half an hour disseapears, for you and for everybody.
Even not a skin scent.
HugoderricaHugoderrica 1 year ago
Nice earthy and mass pleasing scent. Bad performance but for the price it is worth it. Reaply often
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Bergamot + Bamboo = A pineapple smelling scent without any pineapple.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I would like to rate 10 to this EDP instead of 8. This new VL is a Zara lost opportunity over the previous VL. Nice but not an improvement.
GuapoGuapo 3 years ago
The new presentation is superb! The bottle is discreet, well-made and the cap is magnetic. The fragrance is distinctive and excellent.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
Finally! One year after I petitioned my local Zara manager to advocate for an EdP of VL, it arrives. The system works. LOL

by Honk1510
by Champion92
by Emendem
by Emendem

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Warm Black by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara Vanilla by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Y Collection by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara