Vibrant Leather (2018) Eau de Parfum

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) is a new perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Submitted by Schücha, last update on 23.03.2019

Variant of the fragrance concentration

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum)

This is a variant of the perfume Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara, which differs in concentration.

8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10
Press conference
I look forward to seeing you all again after a long time and welcome you warmly to today's press conference.
We will answer all your questions regarding the new transfer and new member of our team.
We also want to start directly. Your questions?

Norbert Neroli (FAZ): Congratulations on Vibrant Leather. What did it cost?
Schoork: Well, I say it was a bargain.

Thorsten Tabak (Playboy): How did you get the deal done so fast?
Schoork: That went quite well at the checkout, there was no snake.

Rudi Rose (Hörzu): How did the new commitment come about?
Schoork: We actually looked at another one this weekend and then we noticed him. You could say it fell into your hands. We watched him then and after we saw that he was cheap to have, we just slammed on him.

Simone Sandelholz (woman in the mirror): Today I step in for Lena Lavendel, she can't today, she has bamboo in her shoe. Could it be that this is a second Aventus? *Sabber*
Schoork: No! Then we'd have hired him. His plant is similar, but he is very independent, otherwise he would not have convinced me. There's been a lot of smoke made for nothing.

Viktor Vetiver (RTL): What can he?
Schoork: Yes well, I must say, it is quite fresh, just at the beginning it will play well with lemon and bergamot in front. After all, it's not about the golden pineapple, which one could assume.

Bernhard Bergamot (Sat1): What qualities does he have?
Schoork: He is close to the body, whenever you think he is not there, he stands behind you. I like that and his condition. He's good at the 7h.

Simone Sandelholz (woman in the mirror): Well, a second Aventus?
Schoork: No! Like I said. I'm not too fond of Aventus myself. It has no doubt quality, but it does not fit into my imagination. Vibrant Leather is different and now please pull up your hatchet again!!

Peter Patchouli (WAZ): Can you define that?
Schoork: Basically, I would like to concentrate on my new entry here. It is very filigree and will certainly be used frequently. He's got that certain something between appearing fresh and leathery. I like that, because he's always just the right amount. This can be observed in everyday training.

Markus Moschus (star): He looks very big, fits into the team?
Schoork: Yes 120ml are not without, but we have enough space and I can remind you that we also have someone with 150ml in the team. But yes he is well built.

Simone Sandalwood (woman in mirror): He reminds me of Aventus.
Schoork: And she me to Mrs. Lavendel! Say, did they just throw the bra at me?

Mike Moos (picture): We would like to do a cover story. Which headline would you like to read?
Schoork: With you? "If anyone's gonna do anything to Anna, it's us!

Simone Sandelholz (woman in mirror): Don't like me?
Schoork: For God's sake, get dressed!

Oscar Oud (NRZ): When and where will you use it?
Schoork: That's great, he's flexible. No matter when and where, he will perform. So you can assume he's a real all-rounder. A great newcomer.

Erich Eichenmoos(Kicker): You address it, what makes this flexibility?
Schoork: Because he's easy to get around. Fresh in the head, when he has the leather then he develops a life of his own, that goes quite fast, so fast the pandas do not get to the bamboo. That's quality.

Simone Sandelholz (woman in mirror): May I say something else, I have seen that the so sexy smokes?
Schoork:Yes, from time to time, but only lightly, don't you have any vices? Or ne ne, forget the question!!!! I AM BLIND!
If there are no more questions, I will post them in the attached forums.

Lena Lavendel (woman in the mirror): Hello I am here, why is there underwear, is it about Aventus?
5.0 7.0/10
Konsalik
Two cents from the unneeded
I am one of the estimated seven or eight gentlemen on Parfumo who neither own Creeds "Aventus" nor have ever consciously smelt it. During my last stroll through Bonn I was guided from my better half towards the Zara branch: The first Dupe purchase was pending. So soon I would have Aventus in my closet for 20€. Okay. Okay. I don't see why not. I can verify this steep thesis, which ghosts through the net and especially through these pages, later finally still. So here is the detached fragrance, untouched by direct comparisons: first the pineapple. Sure, I was expecting it. Quite tasty and "not as sweet" as older ladies know how to report on every second dessert. Behind it a slightly grassy, herbaceous-alcoholic note. Somewhere between buffalo grass vodka and lemon grass from the Asialaden (EDIT: Just reading that Vibrant Leather should contain bamboo - that's it!). Hardly any shower gel! So far, so good!

Now I would like to report about the fragrance process. But I can't. Half an hour on my skin means to me: A distant hunch that something was there. As it used to be when, after a long night the next morning, I was able to see remains of "Schenkenberg" on me (the black edition; not listed here on Parfumo, no pity). Sillage and shelf life somewhere between 0.5 and 1? Well, just because I don't smell it doesn't mean there's nothing. Still on the strolling day it went still to a small animal enclosure in the proximity, Lamas look. My accompaniment, which otherwise never makes any proactive comments on the projection of my perfumes, hardly got a hold of itself on this day: my scent cloud (now consisting of a little leathery-spicy pineapple) was so clearly asserted in its perception on the open field, in light winds and in alpaca society (!!). The opinion: very pleasant! Hours had passed since the last sprayer. Today the second test run with the same result: I: "Nix!", you: "Holla!"

What am I supposed to make out of it? The fragrance is pleasant (forgive me my speechlessness) and is the only modern "crowdpleaser" in my shelf of obscurations that are half-forgotten from a mainstream perspective. If you would like to like to please without being on the pointer yourself, it may even be your first choice. If I had paid Creed-Money and experienced a similarly weak "self-projection" - I would be foaming with anger! Soon we'll have a little dinner...
8.0 5.0 4.0 8.5/10
Just another Aventus?
This one smells just right if you fancy the (fruity) Aventus DNA. I do own a 2017 bottle of Aventus and that one is much fruitier than the one my friend has (from 2011). Vibrant leather is a nice scent on its own tho, even if it is pretty close to Aventus without “being Aventus”. I like the smell a lot and I don’t mind the very soft sillage. Not every scent has to project like crazy if you ask me. But the longevity is about 2-3h on me and then it’s gone! Zara Rich Leather (which I also own)last a bit more, but that one is a bit mor woody and more zesty/harch in the opening.

Compared to CDNIM and l’aventure, I prefer the smell of Vibrant Leather edp. But my absolute favourite one that is NOT a clone of Aventus, yet similar vibe has to be Mancera Cedrat Boise! And Vibrant Leather reminds me a bit of Cedrat Boise in the drydown.
Opweh
Soft woods, soft fruits, unoffensive stuff for summer and office.
A pleasant smelling fragrance, reminding me of Zara Rich Leather (2017), Mancera Cedrat Boise and Reyane Tradition Insurrection II Pure.

While Zara Rich Leather smells like alcohol throughout its life on my skin, the Vibrant Leather Eau de Parfum is much better: no nasty alcohol smell. They both have moderate longevity and moderate sillage. Although there's "leather" in both of their names, the leather note is very mild.

Compared to I2P, Vibrant Leather EdP is woodier, while I2P retains its sweet characteristic till the end. I2P also projects more and stays longer on skin.

Compared to Cedrat Boise, well, Cedrat Boise wins in longevity: it's crazy long lasting. And the smell... I think Cedrat Boise is a bit woodier. I actually like Vibrant Leather EdP's smell more — a personal preference.

I didn't buy a bottle because — like Cedrat Boise — it's not my cup of tea. I stick to my I2P.

It's a 120ml bottle for 20€. It's somewhat safe, it is pleasant smelling, it's very soft, subtle... What can I say. It's a great release! I only wish the longevity was better. Good idea for a gift also.

EDIT: well I just bought a bottle, I guess my cup needed a refill... Also it's just too good of a deal to just pass by. Surprisingly I'm smelling more fruits now than the first time. The overall smell is as unoffensive as ever and while I don't generally recommend blind buying, this one is rather safe.

EDIT2: If you like this fragrance but want even softer characteristics, try Jimmy Choo Man Ice or Dior Homme Cologne 2013. They are not similar to Vibrant Leather EdP — this is just a recommendation if you need soft citrus without sweetness.
6.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10
Aventus or maybe not?
Good morning together,

i've been reading here with interest for some time now, but I couldn't get carried away with a comment so far - until today ... Here's my first contribution to this, in my opinion, solid Eau de Parfum at an unbeatably low price.

Admittedly, I bought the fragrance out of curiosity, because on different platforms Aventus is mentioned again and again as a reference to this fragrance. We will see if it proves to be a good Dupe. Ultimately, however, it remains my subjective opinion.

Aventus is well known to me, so the expectations were quite high with all the praise. Vibrant Leather was used for the first time yesterday and I was a bit surprised when I sprayed it on for the first time. It seemed to be quite alcoholic, but this disappeared within seconds - thank God. Then, as expected, it turned out to be very citric, but first there was nothing to smell of the expected pineapple (it's not even listed in the fragrance pyramid) and then it was suddenly there. No fresh pineapple, like sliced fruit, no, it smells a bit synthetic already, but I know that from Aventus as well - but a bit finer there, not so exuberantly fresh. Yes, it starts well, I thought, and now give the fragrance a little time to develop. And here's the problem. While the Aventus becomes masculine, smoky and woody, the pineapple is pushed into the background, Vibrant Leather simply remains pineapple. Not so present anymore, a little softer and more pleasing but just pineapple. There should be bamboo (how does it smell? I have some in the garden and it smells like nothing) and leather. Patchouli is also called. None of this is there, or I just can't smell it. And why is the fragrance actually called Vibrant Leather, suggesting a leather fragrance, or?

If I now compare VL with Aventus, one must say that the top note is almost identical, but then we have completely different scents here. There's no mention of Dupe, Clone or whatever. Top notes of this kind can be found in countless fragrances. But the VL is always an alternative for everyday life. But perhaps the manufacturer would have been well advised to give this fragrance a more suitable name, because as mentioned above, I expected the name and the fragrance pyramid to be leather, something woody with a fruity touch.

I find the shelf life to be very good. Used yesterday afternoon with two sprays, I could still clearly smell the scent this morning. I can't understand why this fragrance is said to lack performance and durability. In this context a note to all Powersprayer:

Our brain has a unique function. It warns and protects us by allowing us to perceive dangerous substances, spoiled food, etc., but also by constantly suppressing harmless smells that surround us. There's our own smell, for example. If we could perceive this, it wouldn't be bearable. If we are overconditioned, we also no longer perceive perfume. So we are well advised to dose our favourite fragrances sparingly (10 - 12 sprayers is already hard tobacco). Moreover, it is quite horrible when a fragrance enters the room in front of the wearer.

Conclusion: An Aventus is not, but to get such a great fragrance for small money is already a brilliant achievement. There are much more expensive counterparts that do not even begin to present what the price suggests to us. My recommendation: Buy as long as the fragrance is available - if you like pineapple ;-)
7.0 7.0 3.0 8.5/10
In the early days...
In the beginning I was very enthusiastic, the fragrance is really unbeatable for the price. However, at least for me, the performance is underground. In the beginning I tried to compensate this by overspraying, 10-12 pumps were always my standard. (I don't think you can really exaggerate with the scent either)
Nevertheless, the perfume had almost completely disappeared after 1-2 hours after a good sillage and a strong fragrance in the beginning. After that I had to get in touch so that you could still perceive some of the scent.
Therefore the 120ml were already used up after one month.
8.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10
Terente
Good smell, bad performances!
I have some Zaras and I'm happy with them. Bought about a moon ago Zara Vibrant Leather 120 ml EDP, magnetic cap, nice bottle...
Good smell (ananas dominant), but BAD performances!!! Worse Zara I have for now. Bought then also Zara Uomo (dupe of PR 1 million). Much better. Vibrant Leather disappear after one hour. In comparison, Gourmand Leather is a real MONSTER (see my review). Save your money and try another Zara.

Itchynose 74 days ago
Bergamot + Bamboo = A pineapple smelling scent without any pineapple.+2
Carlitos01 115 days ago
I hoped to rate this scent with a 10 instead of an 8
This new Vibrant is an opportunity lost by Zara
Nice perfume but not a real improvement+1
Guapo 10 months ago
The new presentation is superb! The bottle is discreet, well-made and the cap is magnetic. The fragrance is distinctive and excellent.+2
MrHonest 11 months ago
Finally! One year after I petitioned my local Zara manager to advocate for an EdP of VL, it arrives. The system works. LOL+6

by Golcher
by Guapo
by SanktVith
by SanktVith

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara 8.0 by Zara Y Collection by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Zara Woman Chocolate by Zara Wood Noir by Zara Seoul by Zara