Vibrant Leather Oud 2019

Vibrant Leather Oud by Zara
Vibrant Leather Oud is a perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2019. The scent is woody-oriental. It is still available to purchase.

BergamotBergamot
AmberAmber
OudOud
FrankincenseFrankincense
LeatherLeather

Submitted by ACBLN, last update on 12.01.2022.

Elysium
The smell of a warrior Mandingo's essence
I've waited for Vibrant Leather Oud cologne for some time now, it was released at the beginning of 2019 and in my wishlist since then, yet I couldn't find it in any of the Zara stores nearby me. But last Friday, while surfing for new bargain colognes, this sought-after overtook my attention, it was sitting there next to Vibrant Leather, I couldn't believe it! Let me say that everything is not for everyone, we all have to search till we find that one scent that is magic for us. And when we do it will definitely not be for everyone. VLO is for me, earnestly. There were no paper strips available, so I straightaway sprayed the tester on my hand and... the Vibrant Leather DNA contaminated with a hint of smoked oud reached my nostril. I closed my eyes in search of some memories and I figured out it should have been the smell of a warrior Mandingo dark skin's essence, creamy wood blended with smoked leather.

So soft, smooth, pure, classy, a little bit spicy, smoky, masterfully blended in such a way that nothing is taking the lead role but all ingredients come together in perfect harmony as one. For some, it may be plain and boring but we are not all colorful or funky personalities. This scent is that man/woman standing in the corner of a room, not in the center but will still garner attention for his/her sophistication or mysteriousness. Well, it is an aroma highlighted by a bouquet of fragrant balsamic, bitter and smoky-scented tones that will bring a comforting, sensual and calming perfumed sensation. Examining it closer once applied you will notice a lingering quality of softer fragranced smoky, resinous and animal wildlife hints that hide an essence of attractive, deep and elegant feelings. It´s, however, a scent that, unlike some others, performs at its absolute best early on, straight out of the bottle, when it's at its fullest, and then it quickly stays close to the skin for a very long time.

Back to the juice, this oriental woody fragrance unfolds in a whiff of citrus opening top notes including bergamot. There is more than a powdery citrus note, I get the tropical vibe of the fruity pineapple, as in the original VL. In this thrill, I also perceive the hint of the birch spicy, which last about a minute, and then turns spicy and creamy.

The balsam and leather heart center notes blend in with mild leather and incense. I get both of the notes, the soft leather is smoked by the presence of the frankincense. Perhaps, the significant leather-presence here is likely to come from the oud, the synthetic ones tend to have a leathery quality to them. A truly perfect balance of fresh, smoky, sour, spicy and bitter.

As it dries down the deep amber and woody base notes leave an impression of oud. I can spot the oud as well. It's in the background, hidden, not screaming like the Arabian creatures, it's just an impression. And it's surely not real oud, but a synthetic oud by the firm Firmenich as aforementioned. It is not an animalic oud at all, but a very 'refined' sweet balsamic version. No ordinary oud like in Exclusive Oud, which is an amazing oud and amber fragrance that smells like niche quality. VLO is an Aventus clone enriched by a caress of smoked oud, not medicinal, not overstanding.

I think it has three stages, top notes fruit, then leathery, oud and a fair bit of amber spice. It's not beast mode projection but I would say it lasts longer than original Vibrant Leather, the amber is sticky to you the morning after if you rock it for a dinner or night out.

People need to stop chattering about this perfume's lack of projection. It's not supposed to scream out loud! This perfume is incredibly sexy and is meant to give your date something dangerously delicious to smell while nibbling on your neck. 1 Million is a perfume to clear out a room. This is one used to seduce. Definitely has a woodsy smell and it screams luxury. If you aren't all tied up in getting a ton of compliments from strangers that will most likely never run into you again this one is for you. Delicious and sexy! That said, it is more a fragrance for special occasions to me. Office wear? It is possible though. Despite the hint of oud, I recommend to wear during the warm seasons, spring and fall are ideal, but a summer night out might deserve it.

-Elysium

Darkbeat
A disappointment, although the price does not hurt so much
Every time I see the word oud in the name of a perfume, I feel the urge to buy it, thank goodness, that most of the time its price is high and my pocket holds me back, but with Zara, there is no one who can resist. I saw it online and, since it was not available in nearby stores, I took a risk and bought it blind.

Vibrant Leather Oud is a cologne to use, cool and aromatic, but with a dark touch in its conception, which makes it a bit different from what we know as a common colony water. It is not the perfume that awaited me, and after several uses, I think it does not look so much like its predecessor, as I initially believed. Its aroma is a dark bergamot, wrapped in a super diluted leather with woody nuances, Oud? No joke, it's more of a woody feeling, on a sweet base of light amber. I'm not sorry perfume of much evolution, it's that, a cool cologne, that smells very good, but that is nothing of what I expected to know your notes, a small disappointment, not to wait to try it in store.

I never liked Vibrant Leather, and this, at the beginning, either, but I think it was rather the disappointment of the moment, because after having used it on some occasions, I do not feel so bad, I even like it more than her sister, but that yes, forget that it is a perfume, cologne without more, it would be better, but hey, it is nice to wear and has a certain classic and dark point that is not bad.

The performance is another thing I thought had improved with this Flanker, but NO, the duration of this "perfume" is terrible, at three o'clock you do not feel it, and that, over-applying. The stele is moderately low, but as I said before, if you buy it thinking it's a colony, it's not bad to cool off next summer.

I see it as a daytime aroma, despite having that dark little dot, I do not feel very nocturnal, and, of course, it is for any climate, it is a fragrance so gentle that it would not be out of place at any time of the year.

For its price and aroma, it is advisable, but not without a test before, and yes, always thinking that you take a cool colony, not at all think you buy a perfume of oud, because the disappointment that you take is huge. But if, on the other hand, you are looking for a refreshing cologne that smells good, it is a very good option for this time that enters, and, in addition, with a very affordable price to your pocket.

Sorry for my bad english.

A lost opportunity?
I am a bit disappointed with this fragrance. Maybe the disappointment comes from the fact that I was really hoping this to be a very good oriental and, maybe, an innovative perfume. In anticipation I dreamt of receiving a look alike of the Aventus smoky batch, and hopefully with a darker and woody facet. What I got is the most usable Oud fragrance I have. That means that it is also the weakest and with less Oud in my closet (is there any Oud in it?). And I have over 100 Oud fragrances to compare with, ranging from a weak to a strong Oud note. Zara missed a precious opportunity to launch a differentiated perfume in the market and jump into the spotlight.
The scent concept is good but the accomplishment is mediocre. The performance is also mediocre. EdP concentration? Oud fragrance?.... Keep wishing!
It's behaves like an odd EdC concentration fragrance, neither really fresh nor truly oriental, just faint, a bit fresh and very mainstream. Incense and a faint generic wood accord (rather than oud wood) is detectable all through the perfume stages. There is also a soft leather note that looks more like soft suede (very light and thin). The opening reveals a regular bergamot citrus scent that fades less than 1/2 hour after spraying. It does not really matter how much you overspray to overcome the low sillage and projection. You are just wasting juice.
What a pity!
I still test once in a while, and hopefully I will add some test info to this review. I may as well delete it because usually I just comment fragrances I like.
It hardly seems to be an oud fragrance designed by the same company that released the magnific Zara Exclusive Oud or the previous Vibrant Leather
On top of it, it costs € 22.50. It seems very expensive for what it offers, even with a 120 ml flask. Zara has way better scents for €10.00~€12.50 in a100 ml bottle.

Do I recommend it? .... Why should I?

Music: Coldplay - "Lost!"

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 8 months ago
The Vibrant Leather DNA + a synthetic leathery/woody note - the notes in this one somehow work against each other
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Uninteresting fragrance, too soft. Slightly ambery and smoky. In the drydown, a hint of leather with a faint sandalwood. Performance is weak
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Disappointing fragrance. Had high hopes about this one. Oud? There's none. Nothing like Vibrant Leather and more like a bubble gum smell...
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
I think it has three stages, top is fruity, then leathery, oud and a fair bit of amber spice. It's not beast mode projection but lasts long
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
I don't get any vibe of V.Leather, and no ties at all with Aventus or any of its clones. I get soft oud, leather, amber and bergamot drops.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I got this perfume via Zara Uk. It has more amber & incense than oud, plus a fresh vibe.
The result: a mainstream, smooth & inoffensive EDC.

by Moorhahn
by Moorhahn

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Warm Black by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Red Temptation Women by Zara Vanilla by Zara Y Collection by Zara