Zara Man Gold

Zara Man Gold by Zara

Zara Man Gold is a perfume by Zara for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian lemon, Calamondin, Tagetes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPraliné, Cinnamon, Tolu balm, Black cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesRosewood, Ebony, Patchouli

Submitted by Miggax, last update on 31.10.2019

7.0 6.0 8.0 8.0/10

change
Some time ago I bought the two fragrances 'Man Silver' and 'Man Gold' from Zara here in the souk. While 'Man Silver' didn't spark such great enthusiasm, 'Man Gold' convinced me.

The opening is very spicy, green and not as sweet as I expected. The citrus notes are weak, but I smell more the marigolds. A flower I don't really like, but it doesn't bother me here. The spiciness and the green in the prelude seems to come to me from the cardamom.

For a good hour nothing essential changes in the fragrance impression, then 'Man Gold' becomes more and more woody and also a slightly earthy note is added.

After about three hours the fragrance is very woody with a beautiful patchouulin note in the background. Much doesn't change until the end, at most it becomes a bit balsamic.

If I compare my impression of 'Man Gold' with the other opinions shared here, I come to the conclusion that there must have been a thorough change in the fragrance composition. Because the scent is not sweet for me, especially not gourmandig.

I like 'Man Gold' well in my execution, it has a good sillage and the durability is fine with a good eight hours. In spring and especially in autumn it can be used in many different ways. The bottle is not exactly a beauty, but lies well in the hand.
8.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Elysium
An attractive sandstone bottle full of golden juice
This is the last of my shopping. Although I knew ZARA delivered Gold scent a long time ago, and I've got the Silver bro in my collection, I thought it was just another 1 Million clone and therefore always neglected it. And I was wrong... When I sprayed a couple of squirts on my skin for the first time, I immediately fell helplessly in love with it!

Let me introduce you to Zara Man Gold. The head opens with a powerful blend of sweet lemon, dark cardamom, and spicy cinnamon, which gives the scent a promising start and a bitter citrusy vibe that lasts about 10 minutes or so. The citrusy notes create a sparkling prelude to the fruity sweetness of the heart.

Then the head smoothly yields to the heart, which is a delicious gourmand smell, sour and sweet at the same time that reminds me of pineapple and strawberry. Well, I don't mind if those notes are not mentioned, that's what my nose feels. I surmise, but I am not sure, that such a particular fruity aura is due to the mix of creamy praliné and calamansi, which is a variety of lime used in Southeast Asia cuisines I can only describe as a sort of hybrid between orange and lime, that never fades away and follows you in the background until the dry down. This strawberry-like smell is persistent and uses the other notes just as mere companions, so the patchouli and the pralinè add to this fruity aura a background of "bakery-ish" warmness.

Afterward, in the dry down, the dark ebony and dirty patchouli come in and give some woody vibe to the sweetness, as it transforms into a sort of dry, firm but masculine woody, magical unique spicy scent, losing the fruity strawberry along the way.

In any case, the longevity and projection are quite well, especially in the top and middle notes, but not that outstanding, so this fragrance could be very pertinent and decent option for the office. This stuff is truly an amazing Oriental Woody! Today I wore it, it was a sunny spring day, and the notes perfectly reacted with the warm weather. To me, this golden juice is fine for warm spring and cool fall seasons, neither too hot nor too cold. Last but not least, the new bottle is similar to sandstone, which gives it a modern and attractive look.

Yours faithfully,
Gianluca

Vilar 10 months ago
With a mixture of what smells like cinnamon, strawberries, pineapple, and a woody dry down, this scent is a total winner. Awesome. Try it.+2
9.0
Elysium 23 months ago
I thought it was just another 1 Million clone, therefore I always neglected it, and I was wrong. It is an uncanned copy of Paco Rabanne XS!+2
6.0
6.0
9.0

by HsChen
by HsChen
The last of Zara Man Gold 2017 edition, so gourmand!

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Y Collection by Zara Seoul by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Lisboa by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara