Zara Winter Collection

Zara Winter Collection by Zara

Zara Winter Collection is a perfume by Zara for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Bergamot, Tangerine, Pepper, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Cypress, Orange blossom, Cedarwood, Amber, Patchouli

Submitted by Michael, last update on 09.10.2019

8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Golcher
all Zara's clichés in one gorgeous bottle
Putting together a great scent, packing it in a nice looking bottle but performing in a mediocre way... sounds familiar? Zara does that time after time, so many time it has become a cliché but we let it slide because their price tag is so low that we think to ourselves: "I can decant and reapply".
It has happened to all of us, in my case time and time again with Vibrant Leather, Night II, Night III, Zara 8.0, 9.0, C0r4nol, Rich Leather, Rich Warn Addictive, Intense Dark Exclusive and Rich Leather.

Winter Collection is no exception (unintentional rhyme). It's a lovely scent, I fell in love with it at first sniff and love wearing it but performance while not being the worst (by Zara standards) is not good. I read people labeling this as a Gucci Guilty clone and it does bear many parallels to Guilty but I see it more as an interpretations since it does have some twists here and there. I do get mainly amber, cypress and eucalyptus (perhaps hints of lavander).

All and all it is a very nice scent, perhaps one of my favorite by this brand so I don't regret purchasing. I get 4 + hours which is mediocre but good enough to go to the movies and make it back home.
7.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

AmberScent
Praising a Zara not clone scent
Zara should have probably two lines of perfume business. No, I am not talking about Zara Home which for me is a totally different perfume maker. I am talking about having a different Zara perfume company for clones and another Zara for non Clones.
Zara does make average to good clones, but as far as I am concerned, I find myself buying Zara perfumes for two reasons only:
1 - The scent is very good, so I buy it. Both online and in the store the purchasing is easy and affordable.
2 - The scent is very good, and even if I feel that I will not use it, and just want to play with the fragrance a bit, I buy it anyway because it is inexpensive. To make a decant would be costier.
So in my case I don't see any compelling reason to buy a Zara fragrance because of it being a clone of some upscale fragrance.
Zara already produced some very good fragrances like Zara 9.0, Hi-Lo Country, Exclusive Oud and Vibrant Leather EDT and EDP. All this examples have been perceived as clones of upscale perfumes, namely Valentino Uomo/Dior Homme, JPG Ultra Mâle, Armani Privé Oud Royal and Creed Aventus in the same order.
This clone chasing behavior is making us fragrance lovers lose the opportunity of buying/using some very good Zara fragrances by sheer unawareness of its value as a scent. In a recent past some Zara fragrances like Ambre Noble, Tone Indéterminée and Ganache Tonka lost the opportunity of a deserved market hype, just because they were not clones of a flashy expensive perfume... And almost anybody cared to use them.

Having said (written) that, I would like to present you a very good Zara fragrance, not a clone of any perfume I know: Zara Winter Collection!
It's a fougère EDT for men (no, not unisex to me) aiming to be used in Autumn, Winter and early Spring.
It seems to be preety linear (not a defect) and even if it has a citrus accord, this one does not pretend to be fresh (remember it's for cold weather), but nevertheless fullfills its aromatic function.
To the main accord I would like to label it as pleasant forest scent with the woodiness and the herbal greenness of cypress, eucalyptus, cedar, lavender and patchouli. What a magnific clean and dew moist forest scent! It's really a please everybody manly scent that you may use on a daily basis, at leisure or in the office.
There is also a bit of earthy spiciness to frame mother earth in this forest scent, and a bit of amber to round any edges that could exist. You may also feel some brightness, with a hint of sweetness, from the orange blossom note.
It's not really the scent of a dark gloomy wood filled with trolls, orcs and gnomes. It's the aroma of a bright forest with chirping birds, funny rabbits, beautiful deers and bright flowery glades, where probably sleeping beauty lived with her fairy godmothers.

It's not a long lasting or heavy projecting fragrance but do reaply at will or keep a bottle in the office, besides one at home. I paid €10.00 for my Zara Winter Collection flask and certainly everyone can afford two bottles.

Keep your scent high!
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

Belittle Aromatic Fougére precious gem
Did you guys know that Zara international fashion company, for the cold days, presented a spicy woody cologne rich in natural ingredients of the forest? I was hurrying out of Zara when I noticed this brand new scent, with the same bottle yet used for the #Tobacco collection, the 7.0 - 8-0 - 9-0 collection, the recent Night pour Homme I-II-III-IV and few others. All the notes were printed on the bottle, and the presence of both eucalyptus and cypress captured my attention. Without thinking too much I sprayed a whiff on the paper strip and nearly blindly bought it, but did not really smell it until l I got to the parking lot... Wow! This is not a fragrance, rather it's a mood.

ZARA Winter Collection smells like a lake, surrounded by pine trees when a cool breeze blows. It reminds me of the mood I feel when I walk through the park. It opens with a refreshing amount of bergamot, mandarin, and black pepper. The amplified burst of zesty combined with the sparkling pepper adds a more metallic start to the intense scent.

The scent moves towards a central balmy-resinous chord of lavender, eucalyptus, cypress, and a tad of orange blossom. The herbal freshness of lavender melds with the white floral reinforcing the crisp and masculine facets.

A dry, sturdy base of well-known cedar, addictive patchouli, and dry amber imparts a crispy drying, prolonging the aromatic effect of the perfume. Patchouli is smooth and modern, not too earthy, and the amber stays in the background, creating a bittersweet aura.

I wore this today at work and I cherished the complex aromatic collision of spices and woods that lingers and radiates from my neck and clothes all day long. I found it perfect for cold days, winter is the right season for wearing it, sillage is moderate whereas longevity is above the average.

A pennyworth, seriously!

AmberScent 9 months ago
A pleasant forest scent with the woodiness and herbal greenness of cypress, eucalyptus, cedar, lavender & patchouli, clean and dew moisted.+4
6.0
6.0

by Elysium
by Elysium
by Flingo71
by Flingo71

Popular Zara

#Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Intense/Dark/Exclusive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Zara Man Gold by Zara Zara Woman Oriental by Zara 8.0 by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara W/End Till 3:00 AM by Zara Y Collection by Zara Ganache Tonka by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Aromatic - Future by Zara Seoul by Zara Lisboa by Zara