A Sweet Pastry in Paris

A Sweet Pastry in Paris by Zara
A Sweet Pastry in Paris is a perfume by Zara for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Nathalie Lorson

LemonLemon Cane sugarCane sugar VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Eileweile, last update on 27.05.2022.

Visit to the pâtisserie
The Zara fragrances I had so far not so on the screen. But this fragrance has totally blown me away!
I find that the bottle makes a statement despite or even because of its simplicity. I interpret the design like this: The fragrance is so magical that it doesn't need a flashy bottle to stand out in my collection.
Practical is that no frippery is attached to the bottle, so you can carry it around with a clear conscience (when traveling, in the handbag).

Now about the scent: you really feel like you're standing in front of a big mountain full of baked goodies. I have a great recipe from a cupcake baking book, where cupcakes made with light batter are topped with a fluffy lemon vanilla frosting made with Swiss buttercream. And that's exactly how this perfume smells to me.
When I close my eyes, I feel like I'm standing in a French pâtisserie. I spent a wonderful holiday on the Loire with my family in 2005. Every now and then we stopped at a pâtisserie by bike. There we treated ourselves to something sweet. Hach, that was nice.
Somehow, the scent also strongly reminds me of Kaufmann's Kindercreme for babies, which warms my heart so much. It makes me totally nostalgic, because this scent reminds me of my childhood, my parents.... My home.

I would give away some of my Viva La Jucies for this scent. And for me, this also shows that quality doesn't always have to be about price. The sillage is not bombig, but for it you smell him about 5 hours on the skin. Even longer holds the fragrance on the clothes ... More I do not need.

The Zara fragrances are often real, little treasures, I've noticed more often lately. Since I will have in the next time times an eye on it.
I got me directly a back-up of A Sweet Pastry in Paris. He is one of the best Gourmands, which I have tested so far.
Lemon cake with icing...
...that's exactly how this fragrance smells to me! The name really says it all here - as soon as I spray on this fragrance, I feel like I'm in a really great bakery :) I've been looking for a scent like this for a long time - because I love lemon cake; the problem was that none were "gourmand" enough for me. I'm not a fan of citrusy scents, usually avoid them. But this one is just great! At the beginning I thought to myself: no, too citrusy, I don't like it. But after a good half hour, it evolved into a creamy-sugary-smooth lemon scent that I really like extremely well! It stays rather close to the body, on me it lasts a good 4 hours - at the price I really can not complain
Tarte au Citron
I really like this favourable scent of Zara, although in the past I always avoided the citric scents, because most of them remind me so often of toilet flushers. But this one is different; so lively fruity and fresh, but still gourmand sweet and delicious. You should definitely be a fan of wonderfully refreshing sweet and sour butter-based lemon tart with airy meringue, because the scent is nothing else but that ;):P It seduces the wearer to the most beautiful patisseries of the city near Paris, where a variety of French pastry classics are served.
The opening starts very citric sweet, like a hundred lemon candies that suddenly start rolling like avalanches. The scent then settles very harmoniously without being pungent or penetrating. It bonds beautifully with the skin and becomes softer and softer over time. Sweet warm vanilla paired with sugar glazed lemons. A deliciously seductive dream, both in summer and winter. Super feminine, so full of sunrays. Pure joy of life!

Synthetic Vanilla
Synthetic vanilla and citruses.
Pretty strong, I can smell it with a facemask on.
Strong sillage for the first hour or two. Six hours longevity on skin.

You have smelled that DNA before in cleaning products or in air fresheners.

It is pleasant, but smells cheap
All in all. There are cheaper and better vanilla scents out there.
Nothing to write home about. Pass

Edit: After 16 hours - still going strong as a faint skin scent. And mind you I have washed my hands multiple times since applying it in store.
Still smells bad.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
It starts with a lemon wc stone scent for 5 min. After that, it gets better but then starts the awful culinary vanilla, synthetic, cloying.

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Warm Black by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Y Collection by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Red Temptation Women by Zara