C4SHMER4N 2018

C4SHMER4N by Zara
C4SHMER4N is a perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-synthetic. It is still available to purchase.

BergamotBergamot
CashmeranCashmeran
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by Elysium, last update on 06.09.2021.

Opweh
Few words about the opening...
This is just about the opening of C4SHMER4N, smelled from a tester strip.

The opening of Zara C4SHMER4N smells like overripe fruits that are so overripe, they are brewing into alcohol. It's like bad homemade wine smell, maybe even a bit rotten, sweet, repulsive and at the same time so, so wonderful!

Unfortunately I lost my interest after the opening was gone and I didn't want to spray it on my skin. But that opening was something I never expected. It was disgusting and wonderful.

I wish I had a big bottle of that opening smell.

Carlitos01
A Z4r4 5ynthet1c M0lecule that awakens a C4shmer4n fragrance.
[Short review.]

Do I like sipping a very good, smooth wine? Yes, I do!
As an example of the reason whence a red wine glass is a must, I can point to a few dishes that make a very good red wine indispensable. I'm thinking of dishes like Spanish chorizo tapas, prosciutto di Parma and Brazilian bean stew. They all require a tannin-rich red wine.
Do I treat my dishes with good vinegar for seasoning? Yes, why not?
Do I drink a whole glass of intense red wine? Yes, of course!
Do I drink a whole glass of expensive balsamic vinegar from Modena? Absolutely not!

I tried the three black molecule cubes at a Zara counter. Supposedly they were all filled with an Eau de Parfum concentration. I decided to buy only the one I liked best: #C4shmer4n. I could have also written that it's the only one I may wear occasionally. The overall scent is not complex and could be described as woody, musky, ambery and slightly sweet. It also contains a balsamic vanilla nuance.
The three black Zara cubes are all quite synthetic and of little use to me, unless I use them for layering (like food seasoning). For my taste, C4shmer4n is the most wearable of the three cubes. I will probably have fun pairing it with oud, tobacco or leather scents. When I first tried it, I immediately thought of mixing it with the Pipe Tobacco scent. Unfortunately, I don't have it at hand at the moment.
The synthetic molecules contained in the C4shmer4n Zara perfume have calming properties. They give off a diffuse spicy, amber and woody musky scent. To these notes, Zara added some bergamot to make the opening fresher and tonka bean for the base note and to sweeten the drydown a little.
The fragrance is quite linear. When you spray it on, you notice a nice but short bergamot accord. A moment later, you can perceive peppery nuances together with amber and musk wood notes; they last longer than the opening citrus note. This accord lasts for quite a while. In fact, you can smell this accord for at least half the duration of the drydown. The base note consists entirely of sweet tonka. The fragrance leaves a scent trail of sweet tonka that blends with a more complex musk and ambery wood accord diffused by the synthetic fragrance cashmeran.
Longevity is around 4-5 hours with 3 sprays. Sillage is at an arm's length with an average projection of 1 hour.
With better performance, more natural ingredients and a nicer blend, #C4shmer4n would be a very desirable perfume. With the current initial formulation and quality, it's more of a curious toy to play with, rather than a true perfume. Even the bottle suggests this.
The standout feature of C4shmer4n is the sweet muskwood and amber accord. The bottle is nothing special and even a bit ugly, although it is practical to hold with one hand. The overly synthetic notes lead to certain fatigue and disinterest over time.
Zara launched a fragrance with the very same name in 2019 but contained in a glass bottle. The juice is exactly the same.

I would give this fragrance an overall rating of 6.5 to 7 out of 10.0.
I will not be repurchasing this fragrance or any of the other two family members from the Zara Overdose Collection. After all, for only 10 euros I have acquired a usable layering fragrance in a fun bottle.

Music: Scatman John - "Scatman" (ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop)

Darkbeat
Very sweet and spicy wood
It is a sweet woody with spicy nuances. The bergamot is felt in the first instants, but disappears very soon, leaving a woody aroma, spicy and very sweet, for a good dose of tonka bean. It is not an exceptional aroma, but it smells good and has good performance.

Sorry for my bad english.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The C4shmer4n signature ID is the sweet musky wood and amber accord. The overly synthetic notes cause fatigue and interest lack over time.

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Warm Black by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Vanilla by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Red Temptation Women by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara