Classic 8.0 8.0 2015

Classic 8.0 / 8.0 by Zara
Classic 8.0 is a perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesPeppermintPeppermint
MelonMelon
VioletViolet
Heart Notes Heart NotesLily of the valleyLily of the valley
Aquatic notesAquatic notes
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk
CedarwoodCedarwood
AmberAmber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 07.10.2021.

Clear summer scent..
...you think to yourself when Mansur reads the scent pyramid. Mint, melon, that screams refreshment. Nope, at least not on my skin. It's hardly refreshing, if you're expecting something along the lines of Millesime Imperiale or Armaf Milestone, you'll be disappointed here. There's actually almost nothing of a fresh and light melon here, and in general the scent doesn't develop into a freshie at any point, which kind of makes me despair a bit, since I wanted to wear it in the summer. So for the warm season it's too "heavy", for spring it's not heavy enough. So for the transitional phase top, but there I ask myself again, how often you can really wear something like that and want. On the other hand, the fragrance is extremely cheap, so you do here basically first nothing wrong, there are numerous fragrances for twice the price, which smell much worse. The bottle looks surprisingly good in the price range itself, also feels very high quality except for the plastic lid. Maybe I just have a bad batch or my skin doesn't get along well with this scent, but somehow I imagined something completely different. If you have the opportunity to test it, make that, maybe you will like it, for nen 20 € fragrance is the total package already ne consideration worth.

Summer in a bottle
Perfume that truly encloses summer in a bottle! It is fresh and fruity, with a really noticeable melon note in the opening, but is very well balanced by the mint and aquatic notes that keep it fresher than sweet.

I bought it on the site paired with the 9.0, both of 100 ml paid around 16 €; the packaging is nice and the bottles are very beautiful satin, all in all for these prices you can't really ask for more than that!

On my skin also the duration is high, after 6/7 hours I could still feel it, I don't know Lacoste White and I don't know how much this Zara is actually a clone of it, but for my taste it is an excellent summer / casual perfume rather original than what you usually smell around.

A great summer fragrance
I will speak about the first version (the one made in 2015, I didn't smell the new one, so can't compare them).
The original version was very similar with Lacoste L12 (this on me was a No ). The Zara 8.0 had a very mint smell ( similar to a spearmint gum effect) I will purchase the new version to see if they changed something, the original was a great deal,as it had all, good longevity, good performance on hot days and was a great value for money.

Dusty
Please note: I tested the 2020 rebranded version Classic 8.0, which has the same Fragrance notes.

Sunny and uplifting summer scent for the young masses. Some say it's a Lacoste White 12.12 dupe, and I can understand that.

If you were enthusiastic about the mint, skip this fragrance. It's nowhere to be found. The opening consists mainly of bright citrus and melon, which changes into a dusty melon note in the heart within the hour.

And this is where we touch base with the dominant note of the Zara 8.0-line: violets! Here, but also in the flankers is a flowery, dusty accord from beginning to end, which might make it smell a bit 'off', 'stuffy', or 'musty' for some. Together with the cedar, to me it smells like more like sun-dried laundry, or a recently ironed cotton shirt. Not at all unpleasant. It gets a little more woody in the dry down and some kind of milky accord appears, in the direction of coconut milk.

Sillage is mediocre at best, and performance wise there's nothing to write home about. 2 hours in it's not much more than a skin scent.
Slightly musty
Unfortunately, my expectations were not met.
I miss the freshness and the liveliness The mint is missing completely and the melon works
slightly musty.of course it can also be because of my skin.
I will probably book the perfume as a bad buy
others might like it
Summer refreshment
i discovered the fragrance at Zara on one of the hottest days of the year and was very pleased with the first sniff, it smells really nice and fruity and fresh absolutely unisex with which you can always inspire me. The melon (watermelon) comes out very nice and is for me the clearest component of the mint should have been after my taste a bit more, because he comes ingeasmt already pretty sweet which in connection with the aquatic note he has but is quite ok, a beautiful fragrance I like to apply for freshness in the really hot season, but according to my taste but quiet a bit more sparkling with more corners and knew. With the price of just under 12 euros for 100 ml, but you can really not complain.
Spring
A Zara fragrance that has been in their assortment for a long time. I don't remember Lacoste Blanc well enough to compare the two scents, but I trust the reviews here on Parfumo.

8.0 is a good mood scent. The first splash is minty and refreshing, perfect after getting up. The freshness is maintained by the fragrance and makes me in a very good mood. Moreover, the fragrance is quite fruity (I suppose melon), but also a little flowery. It never gets too sweet and always has the necessary level of freshness to make it perfect for an eventful spring day. In the drydown the scent becomes more and more wooden, although the aquatic character is never really lost.

The scent is certainly no revelation. But sometimes you just need an uncomplicated scent. Not long to think about it: face washed, white T-shirt put on, 8.0 on and out in the sun. Durability and Sillage are completely okay for such a fragrance, a few more sprayers and there are also others something of it. But as always with Zara: You really can't complain about the price.

From me a recommendation for this "blind reach" scent, which lets play its charm especially during the warmer season.

The irony: I write this from home while the view from the window shows only snow and freezing cold. I need vitamin D.

Elysium
What sets it apart is the mint
ZARA 8.0 is a fresh-floral-aromatic-musk scent, non-linear with many vibes. It's a fantastic little gem released by ZARA as part of the trilogy together with 7.0 and 9.0 at the time I am writing this review. In 2018 a new 6.0 was added and in 2019 a new pair, namely 10.0 and 11.0.

Although the roster does not mention it, I do smell some zesty and citrus notes in the opening, like lemon and mandarin peels. Nevertheless, this is a fantastic man's perfume. Top notes are so fresh, crisp, clean, and fruity. The melon gives it a fruity vibe, amiable for such a cheap fragrance.

Its a very sporty and light, comfortable to wear fragrance with its very expensive smelling. What sets it apart is the mint. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tested it in a ZARA shop. It's not an ordinary run of the smashed minty smell, but light, fresh spearmint I never have or rarely smelled before in a cologne.

I can only speak for myself and for how it reacts to my skin: starts with plenty of citruses and a typical freshness of mild mint. In about a few minutes, the melon dominates and dispute space with violet.

That opening is rather vivid and green, and it takes an hour or so to turn into something soothing and calming. On my skin, the floral aspect becomes more evident, violet is not overpowering, but muguet and aquatic notes dominate and take charge very soon. There is a slight herbal spice to this, perhaps the horsemint, whose crushed leaves emit an odour reminiscent of lemons, sometimes resembling greek oregano, and weirdly the smell while rubbing liniment of a sweaty horse in the stall. ZARA 8.0 can initially smell like many other fruity fragrances available in the world for men, but feeling familiar is not an issue because it is among the most well-made cheapy of its kind.

In the heart, the florals come out, with slightly creamy muguet most prominent, including a watery touch, aquatic but no marine or salty. The sweet and amber notes are quite noticeable, not only in the base but far sooner.

After about one hour, the last facet arises, with a fougère base, in which the amber is detectable, but cedarwood and musk reign. There is also a layer of sweetness in this cologne that doesn't take over but lends itself well. Overall it smells just like fresh laundry that's been hung out to dry in the forest with a delicate fruity background.

It has reasonable sillage and perfect lasting, pretty much impossible to over-spray this one since it's so light and inoffensive. I found it perfect for warm spring and summertime, at work, and outside, best suited for daily wear and warm evenings out. I dream of rocking it the summer when I'm out at night near the shingle or a boardwalk. Maybe, in colder weather, works differently, and I will give it a try in the forthcoming Autumn season. And I don't doubt being surprised, many times, by this fragrance yet. As a side note, being this a cologne that smells clean and "out of the shower", it is not so hyped, which will help you to smell unique.

-Elysium

StolzmanStolzman 2 months ago
Gets me a lot of compliments
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Fresh, fruity and aquatic with a dose of sweetness. I get the melon with the peppermint in the opening. Drydown is slightly woody. Boring.
TorkeTorke 1 year ago
4.5
Although no Ambroxan is listed, that is all I smell after the first minute of mint and melon.
Terrible sillage and longevity.
VilarVilar 3 years ago
Something about this scent pushes all the right buttons for me. If you're a fan of green aquatics, definitely check this one out. 10/10.
ElqwertyElqwerty 3 years ago
A good scent that is also really loved by the girls ;)
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
It's not an ordinary run of the smashed minty smell, but a light fresh spearmint I have never or rarely smelled before in a cologne. Amazing!

Zara verschläft den Sonnenaufgang am Schlossteich
by Guapo
by Youcef
by Youcef

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Warm Black by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vanilla by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Red Temptation Women by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara