Classic 8.0
2015

Classic 8.0 / 8.0 by Zara
7.3 / 10 153 Ratings
Classic 8.0 is a perfume by Zara for men and was released in 2015. The scent is fresh-fruity. It is still available to purchase.
Top Notes Top Notes PeppermintPeppermint MelonMelon VioletViolet
Heart Notes Heart Notes Lily of the valleyLily of the valley Aquatic notesAquatic notes
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk CedarwoodCedarwood AmberAmber
Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.11.2022.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Clear summer scent..
...you think to yourself when Mansur reads the scent pyramid. Mint, melon, that screams refreshment. Nope, at least not on my skin. It's hardly refreshing, if you're expecting something along the lines of Millesime Imperiale or Armaf Milestone, you'll be disappointed here. There's actually almost nothing of a fresh and light melon here, and in general the scent doesn't develop into a freshie at any point, which kind of makes me despair a bit, since I wanted to wear it in the summer. So for the warm season it's too "heavy", for spring it's not heavy enough. So for the transitional phase top, but there I ask myself again, how often you can really wear something like that and want. On the other hand, the fragrance is extremely cheap, so you do here basically first nothing wrong, there are numerous fragrances for twice the price, which smell much worse. The bottle looks surprisingly good in the price range itself, also feels very high quality except for the plastic lid. Maybe I just have a bad batch or my skin doesn't get along well with this scent, but somehow I imagined something completely different. If you have the opportunity to test it, make that, maybe you will like it, for nen 20 € fragrance is the total package already ne consideration worth.

Helpful Review 2
Summer in a bottle
Perfume that truly encloses summer in a bottle! It is fresh and fruity, with a really noticeable melon note in the opening, but is very well balanced by the mint and aquatic notes that keep it fresher than sweet.

I bought it on the site paired with the 9.0, both of 100 ml paid around 16 €; the packaging is nice and the bottles are very beautiful satin, all in all for these prices you can't really ask for more than that!

On my skin also the duration is high, after 6/7 hours I could still feel it, I don't know Lacoste White and I don't know how much this Zara is actually a clone of it, but for my taste it is an excellent summer / casual perfume rather original than what you usually smell around.

A great summer fragrance
I will speak about the first version (the one made in 2015, I didn't smell the new one, so can't compare them).
The original version was very similar with Lacoste L12 (this on me was a No ). The Zara 8.0 had a very mint smell ( similar to a spearmint gum effect) I will purchase the new version to see if they changed something, the original was a great deal,as it had all, good longevity, good performance on hot days and was a great value for money.

Dusty
Please note: I tested the 2020 rebranded version Classic 8.0, which has the same Fragrance notes.

Sunny and uplifting summer scent for the young masses. Some say it's a Lacoste White 12.12 dupe, and I can understand that.

If you were enthusiastic about the mint, skip this fragrance. It's nowhere to be found. The opening consists mainly of bright citrus and melon, which changes into a dusty melon note in the heart within the hour.

And this is where we touch base with the dominant note of the Zara 8.0-line: violets! Here, but also in the flankers is a flowery, dusty accord from beginning to end, which might make it smell a bit 'off', 'stuffy', or 'musty' for some. Together with the cedar, to me it smells like more like sun-dried laundry, or a recently ironed cotton shirt. Not at all unpleasant. It gets a little more woody in the dry down and some kind of milky accord appears, in the direction of coconut milk.

Sillage is mediocre at best, and performance wise there's nothing to write home about. 2 hours in it's not much more than a skin scent.
Slightly musty
Unfortunately, my expectations were not met.
I miss the freshness and the liveliness The mint is missing completely and the melon works
slightly musty.of course it can also be because of my skin.
I will probably book the perfume as a bad buy
others might like it

6 short views on the fragrance
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
It's not an ordinary run of the smashed minty smell, but a light fresh spearmint I have never or rarely smelled before in a cologne. Amazing!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Fresh, fruity and aquatic with a dose of sweetness. I get the melon with the peppermint in the opening. Drydown is slightly woody. Boring.
ElqwertyElqwerty 4 years ago
A good scent that is also really loved by the girls ;)
VilarVilar 4 years ago
Something about this scent pushes all the right buttons for me. If you're a fan of green aquatics, definitely check this one out. 10/10.
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
4.5
Although no Ambroxan is listed, that is all I smell after the first minute of mint and melon.
Terrible sillage and longevity.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

9 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Golden Decade by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Warm Black by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Bohemian Oud by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Y Collection by Zara