Montsouris by Zara

Matux
08.09.2021 - 06:14 PM

Sweet sweet sweet

No doubt it is.

Initial notes are complex, still, there are notes quite difficult to identify, I would describe them as sweet fruits with some gourmand notes (I am thinking of raspberries with "caramel liquid" - this noun in French), some musks of the balmy, soft kind, far from animalic.

The development carries on along the same complexity, limited by the composition's longevity - twenty to thirty minutes from application it settles down to what it seems persistent light sweet cotton candy accords - if cotton candy smells tangy to the nose, be assure I can get the same feeling while trying to describe the composition.

Common sense tells me that if the wearer is not happy with M's longevity, he or she can apply more. The idea seems far from good: If I were the wearer doing that I would feel like having spread real cotton candy on my chest.

As a matter of fact, I can imagine a 30 year old woman smelling M on her. I think it would fit her.

Interesting sweet smell, not something worth having, IMHO.

BTW, I got a light headache after sniffing this.

Latest Reviews

MatuxMatux 14 days ago
Canoe (1996) (Eau de Toilette) - Dana

Canoe (1996) (Eau de Toilette) Old but not outdated
First of all: this review is for Canoe, but it can apply to Pinaud's Clubman, they are almost the same. As far as fragheads go, Pinaud's has kept its qualities through time, while Canoe did not. As per my experience, this is true. Now, as to the blend...

MatuxMatux 3 months ago
For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) - Narciso Rodriguez

For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) Fast forward trip to soapy bliss
Pun intended. It does have the resemblances mentioned ad nauseam, however, as a reference. A very difficult concept to explain - the notes are analogous but the development is not, the general feeling is different: creamier, balsamic,...