Red Temptation Women

Red Temptation Women by Zara
7.4 / 10 158 Ratings
Red Temptation Women is a perfume by Zara for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

SaffronSaffron CorianderCoriander Bitter orangeBitter orange JasmineJasmine PralinéPraliné MossMoss AmberAmber MuskMusk
Submitted by BrokenNose, last update on 04.02.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

A Naughty Little Gourmand
Judging by the views of the sovereign people, Red Temptation has a lot in common with Baccarat Rouge 540 Eau de Parfum. Although I have never experienced BR 540, I have encountered many clones that smell like Red Temptation, so I assume this, too, belongs to the many clones. That doesn't affect my judgment because Red Temptation possesses a way of combining leathery, gourmand, woody, and salty accords in a way that's nothing short of mind-blowing. Before diving into the fragrance, let me say that I tested both Red Temptation Women and its counterpart Red Temptation Men, and I can confirm they are the same fragrance, just another market strategy.

Red Temptation opens somewhat boozy, slightly harsh, with a leathery undertone. It smells like rubbing alcohol at first. I let the alcohol fade away, and a delicious candy sweetness oozes. It's sweet but airy, nothing sentimental. Toasted brown sugar and candy-floss sensations. The leathery touch comes from the saffron flowers, which are very strong here, while the pastry vibe is because of the praline. After the boozy blast, the opening is the most delicate part of the scent, despite its pungent leathery edge. With an underdose of indolic and buttery-floral jasmine, it's bright and airy, and when worn, it gives the impression of cleanliness. Indeed, I don't get any trace of zestiness or tanginess from citrus fruits or herbs.

Breezy jasmine blends with salty amber while it pushes the spicy leatheriness of saffron back, but it's still detectable. In the heart, the scent gains smoky shades as if incense, or anything fumy, was taking part. The sweetness is broad, generous, and somewhat caramelised, and the smokiness reminds me of burnt berries jam. It is a sort of burnt sugar smell, the same smell I get from the creme brulée topping. Also, a kind of anisic note whiff from my skin. So, the heart is all about smoky sugar and salty mineral accords, probably from the saffron and ambroxan fusion.

During the dry-down, the scent takes on a more virile slant. Red Temptation amplifies the mossiness and muskiness towards the end, along with a dry woodiness from fresh-cut cedar, the smell of shavings so sharp. Alongside saffron, jasmine and cedar notes, the fragrance has a hearty dose of mineral ambroxan that lingers over and over. Salty ambergris and dry-smoky cedarwood are most noticeable on my skin and clothes. That cedar note may sound quite acute. This is by far my favourite piece of this composition. Resinous quality is also present, probably a blend of some resin-like ingredients.

A few sprays spread firmly and last forever. Red Temptation has a weird projection, which is actually well above average. Bizarre because sometimes, I can spray it on clothes and pick it up across the room or feel it on clothes worn the day before. I sometimes miss it on my skin, almost as if I hadn't worn it. I like wearing this, especially in the cold weather of autumn and winter. It's not a super heavy scent; it is not overbearing, but not one I'd reach for in the warmer seasons. This is definitely a flattering fragrance for both men and women. I don't think it lends itself to one camp over another.

I base the review on a bottle I have owned since October 2020.

-Elysium

Really lovely scent
Extremely close to Tinhare Couvent des Minimes, Red temptation is just a tad sweeter.
Burberry Her and Ariana Grande Cloud has something similar but they are really there own scents, her being prominent on strawberry and cloud beiy more creamy coconut and lavender.
I really like this kind of scent profile, sweet, earthy and woody.
Can't say anything about the resemblance with BR540.

Perfeptions
Popular dupe with great performance
Zara's red temptation is yet another cheap dupe for the famous luxury perfume Baccarat Rouge 540 by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. The bottle is pretty and the price point interesting. If you are interested into hearing more about this perfume please feel free to watch my Youtube video on BR540 dupes linked here below.

BCR 540 gets cedar super dose
I fell for the hype and snatched a bottle when it was finally restocked despite not being a huge fan of the Baccarat in the first place. I was looking for a take on the original rather than the actual dupe, which at this price point would be very naive indeed because whatever you say about the original being waay overpriced even accounting for the cost of the raw materials, it still smells better in quality terms than most designer frags and many niche.

I must say, it does give you an impression of the overall scent profile of the Baccarat Rouge 540, I'd even claim it is closer to the Extrait version since it is somewhat heavier, less translucent and less sweet than the EDP. However, what really sticks out to me personally is a very heavy handed cedar note that is so potent it actually overwhelms and outlives all of the other notes in this fragrance. In fact, it gives me an impression of some sort of industrial cedar smell, perhaps tinted by some nondescript chemicals and reused for perfume. It probably sounds a bit too harsh, but I actually really wanted to like this bargain (one other pro is that it last for ages, especially on clothes) but that cedar note really annihilates the rest of the composition for me - the burnt candy, the floral ambery body of it, even the infamous medical accord. It may have been a bad batch - I'd guess there's quite a bit of pressure for Zara to restock asap since this basically exploded on frag.com.. But for me, unfortunately, it's a no no.

4 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 months ago
A nice surprise. A close satélite of the 540 star scent. Nice job from Zara with a very good performance on a likeable unisex fragrance.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
Best BR540 clone I've seen so far. Very creamy, sweet and not cloying. Feminine? No, it's unisex!
Zara's masterpiece!
StolzmanStolzman 1 year ago
Tremendous longevity, even after they've changed the bottle design slightly.
Great smelling fragrance for a really affordable price.
CurlyCurly 2 years ago
The best dupe for BR540!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

2 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Golden Decade by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Warm Black by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara For Him Red Edition by Zara Vanilla by Zara Y Collection by Zara