Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse 2019

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara
Bottle Design Ezra Petronio
Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse is a popular perfume by Zara for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Jo Malone

GrapefruitGrapefruit Mandarin orangeMandarin orange VetiverVetiver

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 17.05.2022.

Jo Malone, the Queen
Emotions Collection by Jo Malone, very much follows the line of this fabulous perfumer, with simple, natural and well-executed notes.

Grapefruit and tangerine is a combo that stars and impresses a lot for its naturalness. Super realistic aroma that smells like sweet and fresh fruit! At the top you will close your eyes, like when you cut the fruit in natura, so the juice doesn't burn your eyes.

On my skin, the scent is linear, with grapefruit and tangerine being the lingering notes that are delicious, moist and citrusy. On drydown, the impression of grassy vetiver emerges, which is smooth, but tangerine is the absolute queen.

Citrus fragrances always bring me an invigorating feeling! It makes me happy and radiant (perfect for hot days). It is a very unpretentious fragrance, perfect to use as an accessory, with a clean and basic outfit in the summer.

Soft, gentle, natural...weak.
This will be my shortest review yet. Although it says grapefruit, the fragrance is basically a whisper of natural clementine peel and uber clean, musky woods. The end. Told you it would be short. lol Nah, what starts OFF as a blast of rather smooth and pithy clementine actually evolves into a quiet blend of grapefruit and unsour orangesicle within a few minutes. The evolution takes if from smelling very natural in the opening to more of a flavouring in the mid. And...that's about where it ends. No sharp edges, no harsh synthetics. Just one and done, and fade to white.

Honestly, besides the lackluster longevity (2 hours tops) and mild projection, there really isn't anything to dislike about it. Unfortunately, if you're looking for something with a strong Atelier Cologne-esque citrus, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something with a strong grapefruit (synthetic or otherwise) like in Pomelo Paradis, Guerlain's L'homme Ideal Cologne or D&G's Light Blue Forever, look elsewhere. If you're looking for vetiver...yeah, look elsewhere. No vet cleaver or pampered moose to be found.

BUT, if you're looking for the gentle caress of a clementine pillow that you can spray upwards of a million times and still not offend the most sensitive of perfume complainers, RIGHT HERE. I think I paid less than half the retail price and it probably still isn't worth even that. Layering? You betcha. That's where it excels.

Fortunately, if you want citrus from the same brand, just go for Vibrant Leather Cologne/Summer from Jerome Epinette that features a radiant and sparkling bergamot-ginger-and-ambroxan combo that lasts for ages. Comparitively speaking of course. In fact, if you combine the two in a 2:1 ratio (more VP cowbell!!), the added clementine really rounds out the bergamot nicely and you get a more interesting version of Dior Homme Cologne 2013. For.....an hour or so. Then it's all VLC after that.

So don't say that you haven't been warned! IMO, and from the same line, Jo's Rhubarb is better. It lasts longer and you get more of what it says on the tin. I dunno, maybe it's my batch - 02461, white label - but this is weak and quiet juice. On the plus side, although the bottle is essentially identical to Bergamot & Leather Spritz (which is a superb fragrance imo), the atomizer on this one is miles better for some reason. Then again, I suppose it needs to be for the amount you need to spray. 2 weeks and I'm already down 25%.

So there you have it, a fragrance for fragrance-free zones. If anybody says anything, just tell them you've been peeling clementines and you get to keep your job. Yay. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. Now where's that pampered MooSE?!

SUMMER
This is a very uplifting scent. It smells very natural, and familiar, so you won't be shocking anyone including yourself. It smells mostly like pamplemousse, but then it smells a bit more complexe as you keep smelling. It's not that boring citrus, citron, seven up type of vibe. This is a more expensive type of citruis. Complex yet very natural and simple. I love this one. This is GORGEOUS for summer on its own, and also amazing to mix with other scents if you like to experiment a little with your parfume collection. I can easily imagine this bringing the perfect balance to your most gourmand scents. Or complement perfectly your woody scents. I love it.
Must have
Man is a pack animal, so I followed the recommendations and tastes of more than 250 owners. This fragrance should not be missing in any collection. He is simply fresh and beautiful and in addition more than affordable.
The full-juiced grapefruit with the splashed tangerine peel come across so fresh and cheerful, that you immediately cheer up. Vetiver, otherwise an unloved green stuff, makes it round and soft. Holds in addition still very well.
Maybe someone still knows the Palmolive shower gel Morning Tonic Mandarin + lemongrass, which was unfortunately probably discontinued. Understand that, who wants. Anyway, the Zara reminds me of this shower gel, which I liked very much. Good associations like that connect me to a fragrance right off the bat. Finally summer, Zara will accompany me.

An Incongruous Duo
How many scents do you know that rely on or revolve around the herbaceous notes of vetiver? Nobody, someone, or a myriad? I know many of them. Vetiver is a note that I have always appreciated. I love it in all its expressions, green, citrusy, herbaceous, earthy, creamy, dry, woody, leathery, and smoky. It is a special note of its kind, has no equal, unmistakable. It is instantly recognizable when used in a fragrance—everything except vetiver.
Vetiver Pamplemousse is the first of eight pieces belonging to Zara's Emotions collection, signed by Jo Loves (Jo Malone). It's a potent citrus blend, which takes ripe summer grapefruits and reduces them to bitter, spicy nectar paired with apathetic vetiver that's sure to do the trick. They should have called the fragrance "Pamplemousse Vetiver," the grapefruit note is more pronounced than vetiver, or better still, "Velvet Pamplemousse" as the vetiver softens and smoothes a domineering and bitter grapefruit. The scent is deceptive but fatally attractive. It offers us a surprising blend of bitter citrus and grassy, ​​but not too earthy, accords.

On me, it opens with an explosion of a citrus mix. I get the sweet citrus zest with a touch of pure mandarin and lots of bitter grapefruit. And I wouldn't rule out a bit of lemon or even lime. What I perceive is a grapefruit, perhaps pink, ripe, juicy, and very fragrant. The overall scent makes me think of the white sponge just below the rind. Together with the grapefruit, the mandarin peeps out; both fruits seem authentic and not very synthetic. The bitterness fades a little after a few minutes. However, it doesn't disappear entirely but stays in the background until the very end. Wow, the bittersweet citrus fruits are real, I can smell both the outside yellow, smooth peel, and the inside white, spongy portion. Bitter grapefruit has a protagonist role in the opening compared to harsh sweet mandarin orange. Although I smell the two of them clearly, the former is more prominent.

A sweet peppery note exudes in the heart, blends with rosy, green, and metallic hues as if there were undeclared geranium leaves. I do not catch too many changes between the initial and final stages. This citrus scent sticks on its own for a while before its partner in crime, vetiver, joins. It's a gradual process, almost as if the citrus note stays wet, and the vetiver only enters when it dries and fades away a bit. The vetiver appears to be tasked with taming the sharp grapefruit flavor, but it's not very good at it, which is welcome news for grapefruit lovers.

Drying has a crisp, transparent, yet fragile vetiver, perceptible but not dominant as in other vetiver-based fragrances, Uomo Vetyver Eau de Toilette to name one. Paradoxically, citrus fruit leftovers from the opening are more penetrating than the herbaceous root; there is green but without earthiness. Sometimes bursts of smoke come to me. Instead, I get a clean moss if I bring my nose close to the skin. Hence, the last stage is more musky than earthy. To some extent, it smells like watered-down Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche, with grapefruit replacing the bitter orange, and simple vetiver feels and a touch of soapy.

Vetiver Pamplemousse is fleeting, but grapefruit at first is the most accurate and realistic grapefruit I've ever experienced in a perfume. Many other scents that claim to have that note never seem to make it so real or confuse it with too many additional citrus notes to appreciate it. The sour and sweet aspects are pleasant and balanced. The fragrance evolves little during the day. However, it's an agreeable smell, so I didn't tire of it. The projection is relatively minimal and is a skin scent after half an hour. I would say it is suitable for spring and summer days and evenings, not a nocturnal scent, undoubtedly. If you prefer your fragrance to last all day, it requires maintenance and reapplication.

I based the review on a 100ml bottle that I have owned since June 2020.

-Elysium
Delijafrag33
Here's to being a good neighbor!
Hi guys!

Spring is a long time coming, the fog just won't go away and the snowflakes keep falling from the sky. It is very cold.
This depressing weather was getting on my nerves again today and I had to do something about it.
Even though it was cold, I needed to get out today. A walk would certainly do me good, I thought to myself. I took a few spritzes of Vetiver Pamplemousse, put on my winter jacket and went outside. Since I live on the outskirts of a small town in Tyrol, walking fields are practically on my doorstep.

I decided not to just go for a walk though, it was going to be a mix of a walk and "fast walking" as I stood on the scales yesterday and realised I was 2.5kg over my ideal weight. :D Thank Corona! So today should be sporty! :D

I took quick and long steps, sank into my thoughts and noticed a slight whiff of Vetiver Pamplemousse in my nose. And that's when I remembered again a situation from last summer.

On a beautiful summer day I went for a walk with my better half and sprayed me before also with Vetiver Pamplemousse. I ordered a 10 ml roll-on of this fragrance and a 90 ml bottle at that time. Should I use up the 10 ml roll-on quickly and would I like the scent, then the 90 ml variant may also stay.

I then tested the fragrance mostly in my spare time and wore it when I went to the lake, shopping or walking... I also liked the fragrance very much, but it was somehow too light for me. Since he smelled but so natural, I gave him again and again a chance and this walk should be the last test.

2 hours later we went home again and in the stairwell I heard that someone else came after us. It was the neighbor from the 2nd floor... :D "Who smells so good?" she said and came towards me, but stopped again. I'm not sure now if it was the Corona situation or my better half's evil eye. :D She just muttered, "I don't have a scent on today," and I grinned. :D

The neighbor was thrilled and said it was a very nice and floral scent. Well, floral it is not necessarily, but we don't want to be petty and critical. I told her that it is a unisex fragrance from Zara and told her the name.

Arrived in the apartment, the decision was already made. The 90 ml bottle stays in any case! :D I thought I could apply the fragrance when I need to quickly times in the basement, or drive the car into the garage, or when I take out the garbage. You never know who you might run into in the stairwell. :D

Jo Malone has conjured here really a very nice and natural fragrance for little money.
Vetiver Pamplemousse starts with a very natural, bitter grapefruit. To bite in beautiful! After that, the somewhat sweet mandarin and the vetiver joins in. The scent consists only of these three components and I don't smell anything else. It becomes at no time too sweet and remains rather bitter and the earthy vetiver gives it a slightly more masculine touch.

To the wearer, the H&S appears to be weak, but the fragrance is perceived by the surrounding people better than one would assume.

Vetiver Pamplemousse is a good mood fragrance for both men and women and I would heartily recommend it to anyone.

Since I like to associate fragrances with memories, I will keep it in fond memories of being a good neighbor. :D

P.S. I just hope that Mr. Neighbor isn't logged into Parfumo and reading this. If he is and I haven't been online for 1-2 days, then "CALL 911"! :D

I wish you still a nice Sunday evening!
Wonderfully fresh and fruity
The scent of a freshly peeled grapefruit peel changes quickly to sweet ripe tangerine. No annoying pips only plump tangy sweetness.
Not intrusive. Delightful. Perfect for the summer but why not with the first spring messengers as an anticipation of summer ....
Of Grapefruits, Dita Von Teese and Porridge
Before I tell something about this Zara perfume, I want to say a few words about me. I keep it short.

My favorite fruit is the grapefruit. I love them, bitter and sour. I don't like the sweet and bitter ones. Fruits always have to be sour for me. And if they are sweet or tasteless like watermelon then a few many drops of lemon go on it so it tastes good to me.
Why do I like sour? I don't know, I've loved it since young childhood.

How did I get into this perfume? I had sorted the Zara fragrances here on parfumo by ratings descending a few months ago out of curiosity and lo and behold Vetiver Pamplemousse is at number 1, followed by other good fragrances.
A few days later I saw Leni's Scents on youtube exactly the same perfume present. Well since then, the desire to buy was firmly established.

Anyway, my Zara order arrived today, I directly sprayed on the perfume and what can I say "oh my goooooooott, it's so yummy, I want to bite my arm", that's exactly what I said out loud and was briefly with the tip of my tongue on my arm. (I wouldn't advise anyone to do that, it was the euphoria going through me that I easily lost control under). I really like the combination of citrusy and bitter. My first impression was more lemon than grapefruit, but now it's the other way around. Definitely more grapefruit.

The perfume has a slight "mister" touch, think that comes from the bitter note.

My nose has been stuck in my sleeve since noon today, I look with that famous bedroom look and say "give me the full blast Pam-pel-müüüüs. I don't want to inhale you, like the air, no, I want to inhale you, every time I exhale I look forward to inhaling again. Freshly sprayed on and smelled it, it burns my nose. I love it.

I will have to get me some more bottles, because today I have already sprayed me over 30 times. The durability is miserable with me. After an hour on my skin, the fragrance says goodbye. Of course I followed the advice of Roja. First apply perfume then the cream, Vaseline see there 3 hours are no problem.

Shower gel and shampoo I will still have to buy. I can imagine it already. While Dita Von Teese lolls in a martini glass I will put down a PowerDance in the shower, as soon as I own shower gel and shampoo. My playlist will include the following music:
Bonnie Tyler - I need a hero
The Weather Girls - It's raining men (I also love Geri Halliwell's version)

Jo Malone what have you created. I need more of these citrusy scents. If there are any recommendations, keep them coming please.

For those who have read this far, I gift you with another fact about me. I like to eat my porridge (oatmeal) with grapefruit and sour apples. :)

Here is the link to the video of Roja Dove:
LaPerleNoire
Zippy, tangy, wake me up again when it's too late for coffee.
I agree with the opinion that a freshly cut grapefruit blows into the nose, whereby on the one hand the tangy citrus juice as well as the bitter white skin of the fruit can be perceived.
Very authentic citrus scent for me is "only" the grapefruit perceptible, yet exciting because the scent of the fruit is composed of different components.
Not lemon-fresh WC cleaner at all, but tart, simple and yet effective. No cheaply smelling fruit water.
Has become an everyday favorite when I languish in the midday lull - with a splash I am awake and invigorated, looks like a refreshing shower and makes surprisingly good mood.
Durability - well... like so often with such freshies nothing great BUT at this price (40ml/16€ and there are other sizes available) spraying doesn't tear a hole in your wallet.
For me, it can definitely compete qualitatively with the other fragrances by Jo Malone (unfortunately, their durability is not very good either).
The bottle is also of high quality, beautifully simple with a very fine atomizer. The 40 ml also came in a small box to open, really pretty and noble.

All in all, I like this linear, clean scent very much, especially on days when I don't feel like more complex things. well done Zara !
Wolkensaft
Dior can take a slice of this grapefruit...
... at least as far as durability and sillage are concerned. My favourite scent these days is ''Dior Homme Cologne (2013)''. On hot days there is nothing better. And that will stay that way - at least for the time being. DHC is incredibly refined and elegant in its simplicity. However: Durability and sillage of DHC, even if it's not sooo bad as it is often spread, can't stink against this candidate. After almost twelve hours on a warm summer day, I can still clearly feel the two splashes of vetiver grapefruit mousse on my skin. The initial effervescence of the grapefruit does soften a bit over time, but never disappears completely. And it always looks very natural, as if the oils of the peel had been drizzled on the skin. It simply smells just like your hands smell after you have peeled and cut a grapefruit. And that for a relatively long time. Considering the difference in price compared to DHC, this scent will probably become my everyday favorite for the summer.

PedroCabralPedroCabral 3 months ago
Very citrusy, with a lot of grapefruit. Fragrance with natural aroma. Unisex, with a male bent. Too bad the performance is intimate.
NicSealNicSeal 4 months ago
Straight up smells like a realistic grapefruit so take that as you will, good or bad. Below average performance but good price.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 9 months ago
So minimal, so dry, so fresh, so bitter, so....chic. A perfectly balanced summer scent to enjoy mainly by day. Timeless and elegant
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
A potent citrus blend, which takes ripe summer grapefruits, reduces them to bitter, spicy nectar, and pairs with apathetic sheer vetiver.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
Vetiver Pamplemousse has a realistic grapefruit smell. Simply. The smell is easy to describe but it is still very pleasant and refreshing.
LemonadiLemonadi 2 years ago
Photorealistic grapefruit. Incredible. Smells super natural, super zesty.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
Very sharp citric opening, after a while the vetiver comes in, a clean musky vetiver, it does feel like summer and a white shirt

by Delijafrag33
by CactusJack
by Decube
by Decube

Popular by Zara

Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Warm Black by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Y Collection by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Red Temptation Women by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara