Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse 2019

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara
Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse is a new perfume by Zara for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Jo Malone

Grapefruit, Mandarin orange, Vetiver

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 08.11.2020.

LaPerleNoire
Zippy, tangy, wake me up again when it's too late for coffee.
I agree with the opinion that a freshly cut grapefruit blows into the nose, whereby on the one hand the tangy citrus juice as well as the bitter white skin of the fruit can be perceived.
Very authentic citrus scent for me is "only" the grapefruit perceptible, yet exciting because the scent of the fruit is composed of different components.
Not lemon-fresh WC cleaner at all, but tart, simple and yet effective. No cheaply smelling fruit water.
Has become an everyday favorite when I languish in the midday lull - with a splash I am awake and invigorated, looks like a refreshing shower and makes surprisingly good mood.
Durability - well... like so often with such freshies nothing great BUT at this price (40ml/16€ and there are other sizes available) spraying doesn't tear a hole in your wallet.
For me, it can definitely compete qualitatively with the other fragrances by Jo Malone (unfortunately, their durability is not very good either).
The bottle is also of high quality, beautifully simple with a very fine atomizer. The 40 ml also came in a small box to open, really pretty and noble.

All in all, I like this linear, clean scent very much, especially on days when I don't feel like more complex things. well done Zara !
Wolkensaft
Dior can take a slice of this grapefruit...
... at least as far as durability and sillage are concerned. My favourite scent these days is ''Dior Homme Cologne (2013)''. On hot days there is nothing better. And that will stay that way - at least for the time being. DHC is incredibly refined and elegant in its simplicity. However: Durability and sillage of DHC, even if it's not sooo bad as it is often spread, can't stink against this candidate. After almost twelve hours on a warm summer day, I can still clearly feel the two splashes of vetiver grapefruit mousse on my skin. The initial effervescence of the grapefruit does soften a bit over time, but never disappears completely. And it always looks very natural, as if the oils of the peel had been drizzled on the skin. It simply smells just like your hands smell after you have peeled and cut a grapefruit. And that for a relatively long time. Considering the difference in price compared to DHC, this scent will probably become my everyday favorite for the summer.
Viseron
A day at the quarry pond
I have fond memories of my youth. Especially the summers. That feeling of entering the classroom on the last day of school, looking at smiling faces and knowing that in a few hours the world will be at your feet. When the bell rang at noon, we knew that we were free for 6 weeks. Six weeks! That was an incredibly long time at that time. Arrived at home, holding the certificate in our hands, we went straight into our swimming trunks and off to the lake. 30 degrees, the sun is burning in the neck, the boys bring a case of beer and the feeling of freedom and invincibility is in the air. What tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is not interesting for us at this moment. The girls join us later, one or the other is in love, there is a magic surrounding us. Stories are written that will be told to each other years from now.

When I spray on Vetiver Pamplemousse, I am transported back to that time. The fragrance simply appears carefree, fresh, energetic, pure, natural, innocent. Sparkling grapefruit rounded off with a touch of vetiver. Sometimes it can be so simple. In the current weather, the fragrance simply conjures up a smile on your face. I am suddenly 16 years old again and have an appointment with my mates at the lake at 3 pm. It's summer holidays and I have nothing else to do for 6 weeks but enjoy my freedom. No stress, no job, no university, no deadlines, no obligations.

But after about 3 hours I am torn out of my dreams and find myself back in my everyday life. It is a pity that he does not let me wallow in memories any longer. But this does not make it less a fragrance that invites to dream.
Thoughts on the grapefruit - Part II
As already in part I of the "Grapefruit Saga", the second part is all about the sour fruit. While the first part was still dealing with Mancera's "Sicily" and it had to be stated that the grapefruit there is hardly to be outdone in acidity, it now becomes more relaxed, softer, calmer. We are dealing here with a fragrance that is incredibly beautiful in its complexity and will be a super enrichment for the summer of 2020, I am convinced!
The smell:
Grapefruit
Melon
Vetiver
= Relaxed summer cocktail, inviting you to chill!

In the beginning, the grapefruit and the orange fight for the predominance in my fragrance perception. Sometimes I have the feeling of smelling the orange, then this slightly sour grapefruit appears again. Both fruits seem authentic and hardly synthetic. A dream and that for this price! But all in all I would describe the orange as slightly more dominant. While with the "Sicily" almost exclusively the grapefruit holds the sceptre in the hand. But I like the Zara fragrance at least as much, because it is so incredibly soft, which may be due to the vetiver. Also, the fashion house scent actually smells somehow like a fruit fizz, which is underlined by the fact that it has this nice prike effect that reminds of carbonic acid. So it's simply a good mood fragrance that invites you to constantly spray and refresh yourself at the height of summer. This is also bearable in view of the 25 Euros to be invested. Nothing really bothers me about the Zara fragrance, only once something annoyed me at the drydown. This may have been due to the fact that the vetiver has spread too much and largely displaced the fruit chords. In summary, it can be said that - as described above - grapefruit and orange go hand in hand from the beginning on and are sometimes stronger or weaker and only disappear towards the end.

Shelf life and silage:
With me "all right", which means that the scent is noticeable for about 4-5 hours and then you have to add more. In fact, the Sillage is - at least in the first hour - quite tidy, which I can tell by the fact that I was asked about it directly on the first day of testing. I wore the scent for just over an hour.

Conclusion:
A beautiful, uncomplicated summer scent with a strong fruity note, good mood guarantee, moderate to solid durability and without (disturbing) synthetics. What Zara has achieved with this fragrance is something to be proud of and can stand comparison with established grapefruit/orange scents. Considering the prices for Tom Ford's "Mandarino Di Amalfi" or Mancera's "Sicily", I must honestly say that I would prefer the Zara fragrance. Especially compared to the Ford, it has to be said that the mandarin looks much more natural here! So if you are looking for a really cheap summer refresher, you should try it.

P.S.: Actually, it should be called Thoughts on the Tangerine, right? Hmm...
The Fanta to spray on.
Admittedly, the title is quite striking and also chosen a bit provocatively. Because Vetiver Pamplemousse smells much more valuable and richer than the ever popular soft drink. However, this was actually my first impression when spraying the scent on the bottle.

It starts out sparkling and tingly, just like when you open an ice-cold Fanta and pour it into a glass. However, Vetiver Pamplemousse smells bitter and not as sweet and sticky as the soft drink. The image of a freshly peeled tangerine also came to my mind, or more precisely the peel. This is accompanied by a slightly bitter grapefruit note. All in all a very nice opening. In the drydown the whole thing gets a bit harsher and the vetiver comes through more, which rounds off the fragrance nicely. Unfortunately, durability and sillage are rather in the middle of the range. It lasts for 5-6 hours on my skin, but with a very reserved silage, which is only really noticeable in the first hour. Zara states that the scent is wearable by both sexes, but I would personally classify it as a slightly feminine scent. Although the vetiver and grapefruit make it quite tart, the tangerine note and its soft, light composition make the fragrance almost a bit sweet, which makes it rather feminine for me.

For me, Vetiver Pamplemousse is a very beautiful summer scent, which is simple, but also brings a certain depth and above all valence with it and should especially inspire fans of natural smelling fragrances.
Tedlinator
When a grapefruit peel drop leaves his house
Imagine this:
You're looking at a grapefruit rind. In your right hand you have a knife and stab at the peel from the outside. You can see how a drop of the juice forms on the surface of the peel. At the same time the scent of this drop - which has been hiding in the bowl for weeks - shoots in the direction of your nose. For me this is Jo Malone's "Vetiver Pamplemousse"! A sparkling, peeling and energizing scent. I don't smell anything synthetic out there.
This is what I would like to smell like in spring/summer after an hour of jogging and a shower that follows. That's how I would like to smell on a sunny Sunday when I'm lying in the meadow with my girlfriend for a short sunbath while we press the grapes into each other's mouths (unfortunately we don't do that - if we do, I'd rather hand her the grapes, but that's another matter). Yes, that's how I want to smell, if I just want to do myself a favor, because besides me it could smell (on my skin at least) only my cuddling partner.
Superb simplicity
As I have already described in my last commentary, I will be looking more closely at Zara fragrances in the near future. Beside the current Summer Collection, it's time for the "Vetiver Pamplemousse", which has been available for some time now.

I don't want to beat about the bush here, because according to the simple scent pyramid, you don't really have to drift here. You get an unbelievably authentic crapefruit, which you would love to bite into. This is accompanied by a soft note of vetiver, which after a few hours gets more and more into the foreground. Soft and gentle, less dirty and masculine, as you know it from classic scents that play with the grass note.

What can I say, I'm excited about this smell. For 25 € you can get here a quite simple, but in terms of quality first-class fragrance, which reminds me very much of the house "Atelier Cologne" or the "blu mediterranio" collection of Acqua di Parma. There is nothing synthetic or cheap here, the fragrance is simply very authentic, for me a revelation
Logically, we are not talking about an H/S monster, especially not in this price range. I could perceive the scent for a good 4 hours on the back of my hand, whereby it projected quite well, especially on textiles in the first hour.

Lovers of citric fragrances, which are more oriented towards the niche, or focus on an authentic presentation, should really try this one. I like to go out of the window here, you can safely order it blind.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Vetiver Pamplemousse has a realistic grapefruit smell. Simply. The smell is easy to describe but it is still very pleasant and refreshing.
LemonadiLemonadi 9 months ago
Photorealistic grapefruit. Incredible. Smells super natural, super zesty.
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 1 year ago
Very sharp citric opening, after a while the vetiver comes in, a clean musky vetiver, it does feel like summer and a white shirt

by Pistazieneis
by LaPerleNoire
by Laurais
by Laurais

Popular Zara

Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara Warm Black by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara Hi-Lo Country by Zara Vanilla by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara Ambré Noble by Zara 8.0 by Zara