Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood 2019

Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara
Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood is a new perfume by Zara for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-woody. It is still in production.

Jo Malone

Pink pepper, Clove, Ebony

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 10.11.2020.

Yes, we (men) can!
Every year, at Christmas time, my girlfriend and I have a habit of traveling and visiting European cities. The last chance we had to do that, we went to Bordeaux. Before I travel, I like to buy a new perfume for the trip. The choice was this fantastic perfume.

Never in my life, I thought about buying a unisex perfume because I had doubts about when to use it. The fact that took me to risk it was that the perfumer was Jo Malone. I never regret this choice, because I ended up being addicted (as well as my girlfriend) to a perfume so different from what is usual. In the streets of Bordeaux, I never felt inhibited in using it, since it is one of my best memories of the trip!

The cold of winter, the Christmas spirit and ebony wood made the trip unforgettable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has good quality for the price, even though it's a Zara perfume. The opening is full of berries, the mid notes are spicy and sweet and there is some woody (ebony) bitterness.

Many will consider a perfume for women (despite being considered unisex), but I think we should expand the horizons because we men can also be versatile in this field. It is not at all a perfume for spring or summer, and I recommend it to be used in autumn and winter.

Longevity is incredible, probably because of ebony wood. The sillage is good, despite not being the strongest point (I didn't care about this factor because the fragrance is strong). The bottle is typical of the style used by Jo Malone: ​​simple and clean.

For this price (100ml 25 €) I recommend!

Dancing on the Verge of Gourmand
From the very first sniff I felt this Zara is something different. Ebony Wood is a member of Zara Emotions line, created by the perfumer Jo Malone of Jo Loves brand and ex-perfumer and probably the ex-owner of Jo Malone. So what is so different in this Zara line compared to their standard offering? It possesses a standard Jo Malone procedure – the creation is usually based on one or the major notes. Furthermore, the compositions has some natural vibe, especially contrasted to usually extremely “synthetic” Zara style. Ebony Wood is no example from the Emotions line. It opens up very unusual for Zara, fragrance layers are somehow easily recognizable, clean cut and almost very natural. Very nice pepper, accompanied by the herbal vibe of clove and some soft minty nuances. The darker, woodsy base notes of burning Guiac wood and cedar come into play almost instantly. This base is very nice, cozy piece of burning woods dancing on the verge of gourmand composition. Like a light version of Carner Barcelona Palo Santo, a full blooded milky woodsy gourmand. However, this dance ends too early due to the running out of the cash spent.
Ebony Wood is a nice creation with the usual Zara problem of low performance. Nevertheless, a solid Zara spin-off attempt.

ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
The three notes stand up, fresh-ground pink berries in the opening, generous spicy clove buds in the heart, African blackwood in the end!
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 1 year ago
An woody composition that has an off putting sweet fruity accord that IMHO is a bit off

by Can96
by Can96

Popular Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara Y Collection by Zara Warm Black by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara Hi-Lo Country by Zara Vanilla by Zara 8.0 by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rich Leather N° 1555 by Zara