Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood 2019

Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara
Bottle Design Ezra Petronio
Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood is a popular perfume by Zara for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-woody. It is still available to purchase.

Jo Malone

Pink pepperPink pepper CloveClove EbonyEbony

Submitted by PBregovich, last update on 17.05.2022.

Here is tobacco
The declared notes are pink pepper, clove and ebony wood.
Nothing else to spread what I feel a citrus and a aromatic herb with some pepper
About 10 minutes later come out a sweet wood scent. It´s not a realistic scent to ebony wood. I think tan can be a sweet leaf of tobbaco.

Nice aroma, ideal for autumn. It has a good duration in my skin. For the price, 7 € for 10 ml you could to try without any problem.

Sweet woody scent
I got this scent as part of the small discovery sets the Zara offers. I’ve been wearing each one to figure out what scents I like and this was the second I tried.

It’s really interesting but not my favorite. It feels like what a perfume version of a “whiskey & oak” candle at Target might smell like. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, it’s just not my thing. It starts off very peppery/woody, like a whiskey note almost, and and dries down to a sweet wood scent. It’s nice but not a scent I would reach for personally.

Good idea poorly executed
I went to Zara the other day and this one winked at me at the counter. So I grabbed it, thinking about all the good reviews I read about it. It is cheap so if I didn’t like it, I could wear it at the gym.

And I dare to say that my expectations weren’t met.

There are 3 notes listed in it, pink pepper, clove and ebony wood. What I expected, was a sweet spicy warm woody scent. What I got, was a bitter citrusy woody scent.

It opens very citrusy and bitter almost like it has grapefruit or bergamot together with some pink pepper. Pink pepper is a spice but also has a rose-like feeling in it, which adds a bit of sweetness. This citrusy scent luckily fades within 15 minutes and the cloves and the ebony come out, giving some mildly sweet woodiness to it and justifying the name of the perfume. The scent at the dry down, is a well balanced mix of clove and wood. The woody part lasts for about an hour on my skin. It really does not last on me at all. I ve read about 5-6 hours but not on me. It’s a skinscent to me and it does not project.

Overall, it has the Jo Malone character, this elegant, delicate, effervescent, airy character. It’s a good idea which, if it was more potent, it would be perfect. I hope they understand that and fix it. Until then, I will wear it at the gym, before bedtime or spraying the bedsheets.
Sweet wood
A very balanced fragrance from Zara, this slightly mild spice and the ebony notes are really well rounded. In the Zara Emotion series, the Ebony Wood is the most successful in durability and sillage.

Actually, he goes but rather in the direction of the ladies due to the sweetness. Price performance is for the Zara fragrances 1 A.

Another goal for Zara with this collection and Jo Malone
Of the Zara Emotions collection is the best and the one that stands out for its composition and is well blended although only 3 notes are declared, it is completely unisex with a little inclination towards the masculine for its ebony wood and pepper. This fragrance is focused for cold climates, autumn and winter and if it is true that on the skin and clothes last quite well. For me it is one of the spoiled ones and I will reserve it because these tend to disappear fast because of its edition, so if you like these scents, go ahead and get a couple of bottles of reserve. Beauty of Jo Malone Fragrance and Zara for bringing these versions.

Scent :9
Projection: 8
Longevity: 9
Rating: 8.6/10

Tiens!

EBONY CLOVE
This is dominated by clove. Yes, it's woody, but not as the main note. If you crush clove, the spice, you'll get this very strong smell that makes you turn away after one sniff. Yes, this smells good, but I can't smell it for too long. The clove won't settle down either, it's the main note throughout. I had big hopes for this one to be the perfect cosy woody scent, that when you smell it, you hear crackling sound of a fire place, and you keep expanding your lungs to get more of the smell. But I'm disappointed by its strength, I take one sniff and that's enough for me, smells good and STRONG. Okay, yes, this is personal to me. We can't be subjective in many areas in our lives, but in the world of scents, that's when subjective is valued. Tell me, what this scent is to you personally! I love how different scents are different to different people haha!
Rely on licorice rasps
I recently bought the Zara Layering Set, which combines this scent as a base click-pen along with bottlings of the Zara Emotions N°07 - Fleur de Patchouli and the Zara Emotions N°08 - Bohemian Bluebells. The latter scent doesn't do justice to describing it, because by the end of the sentence it has already dissipated. I like number 07 quite a bit, and it lingers a bit longer on the skin.... But apart from the fact that I already have too many patchouli scents, they are not the subject here.
I actually use the click pen now only in the way suggested to me: As a layering base. A bit tart it is at first, later sweet and woody, pleasant for my little nose, and also really quite long-lasting. So it really forms a good foundation for my often way too light floral scents, which often have no base as foundation, you know ;) So he is a wonderful addition to the rest of my collection, let's see if after using up also the big bottle may move in.

Yes, we (men) can!
Every year, at Christmas time, my girlfriend and I have a habit of traveling and visiting European cities. The last chance we had to do that, we went to Bordeaux. Before I travel, I like to buy a new perfume for the trip. The choice was this fantastic perfume.

Never in my life, I thought about buying a unisex perfume because I had doubts about when to use it. The fact that took me to risk it was that the perfumer was Jo Malone. I never regret this choice, because I ended up being addicted (as well as my girlfriend) to a perfume so different from what is usual. In the streets of Bordeaux, I never felt inhibited in using it, since it is one of my best memories of the trip!

The cold of winter, the Christmas spirit and ebony wood made the trip unforgettable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has good quality for the price, even though it's a Zara perfume. The opening is full of berries, the mid notes are spicy and sweet and there is some woody (ebony) bitterness.

Many will consider a perfume for women (despite being considered unisex), but I think we should expand the horizons because we men can also be versatile in this field. It is not at all a perfume for spring or summer, and I recommend it to be used in autumn and winter.

Longevity is incredible, probably because of ebony wood. The sillage is good, despite not being the strongest point (I didn't care about this factor because the fragrance is strong). The bottle is typical of the style used by Jo Malone: ​​simple and clean.

For this price (100ml 25 €) I recommend!

Dancing on the Verge of Gourmand
From the very first sniff I felt this Zara is something different. Ebony Wood is a member of Zara Emotions line, created by the perfumer Jo Malone of Jo Loves brand and ex-perfumer and probably the ex-owner of Jo Malone. So what is so different in this Zara line compared to their standard offering? It possesses a standard Jo Malone procedure – the creation is usually based on one or the major notes. Furthermore, the compositions has some natural vibe, especially contrasted to usually extremely “synthetic” Zara style. Ebony Wood is no example from the Emotions line. It opens up very unusual for Zara, fragrance layers are somehow easily recognizable, clean cut and almost very natural. Very nice pepper, accompanied by the herbal vibe of clove and some soft minty nuances. The darker, woodsy base notes of burning Guiac wood and cedar come into play almost instantly. This base is very nice, cozy piece of burning woods dancing on the verge of gourmand composition. Like a light version of Carner Barcelona Palo Santo, a full blooded milky woodsy gourmand. However, this dance ends too early due to the running out of the cash spent.
Ebony Wood is a nice creation with the usual Zara problem of low performance. Nevertheless, a solid Zara spin-off attempt.

MoriartiMoriarti 11 days ago
Unique, special, tender... Simply a gorgeous smell that does not much any other smell...
SyddemizardSyddemizard 3 months ago
I think it is the best perfume of Zara. I have the candle too, and I use in special moments contributing to a pleasant and sexy environment.
PedroCabralPedroCabral 1 year ago
A little wonder! A woody, warm, pleasant, comforting fragrance. Excellent product of the collaboration between Jo Malone and Zara!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Sweet, even cloying, and woody scent. In the opening, I get red berries and brown sugar. Then, the spicy herbal clove. Dark wood in the end.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
The three notes stand up, fresh-ground pink berries in the opening, generous spicy clove buds in the heart, African blackwood in the end!
SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 3 years ago
An woody composition that has an off putting sweet fruity accord that IMHO is a bit off

by OvidiuH
by PedroCabral
by Draxler
by Draxler

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Warm Black by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara Y Collection by Zara Gourmand Leather N° 0059 by Zara Teahupoo by Zara Noble Palo Santo by Zara From Paris to New York by Zara