Zara Man Gold Eau de Toilette

Zara Man Gold (Eau de Toilette) by Zara
7.2 / 10 79 Ratings
Zara Man Gold (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Zara for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-woody. It is still available to purchase.
Top Notes Top Notes Calabrian lemonCalabrian lemon CalamondinCalamondin TagetesTagetes
Heart Notes Heart Notes PralinéPraliné CinnamonCinnamon Tolu balmTolu balm Black cardamomBlack cardamom
Base Notes Base Notes RosewoodRosewood EbonyEbony PatchouliPatchouli
Submitted by Miggax, last update on 31.10.2022.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Helpful Review 3
Filled Cinnamon ~ Cardamom ~ Praline
First, you can perceive an intense and strong sweet fruity note, which is accompanied by fine citrusy, very subtly acidic elements and in my opinion ensures that the top note does not appear sweet sticky, but refreshingly sweet and is due to the 'orange' and 'lemon'.

These two notes are underpinned in the background by a floral, slightly warm appearing, herbaceous spicy nuance that adds a pleasant substance to the top note and I suspected the use of 'immortelle', rather than tagetes.
A tiny bit later, the hint that is already perceivable at the beginning has built up to a sweet liqueur-like 'praline', quite reminiscent of rum, filled with a wonderful dense sweet spicy 'cinnamon'.

The entire praline has received to decoration quite finely placed on it, thickly aromatic creamy and deeply spicy 'cardamom' ~ threads, which in my opinion are responsible for the fact that Zara Man Gold does not appear edible and at the same time also still wonderfully masculine.

In the last 3 hours, the fragrance is led by a bright sweetish tinged rosy note, which hides in the background a fine matt appearing, deep dark reddish brown and black, very delicate earthy sweet woody tone to pure clear cuddly finish and I thought the use of 'guaiac wood', instead of rosewood in the interplay with 'patchouli' and 'ebony' possible.
I could not perceive tolu balsam, but I can very well imagine that this note was used for complementation.

Overall, the fragrance lasts 7 hours on my skin.

The sillage is designed from the beginning 3 hours to a very perceptible whole arm's length, before it reduces in quiet steps until the fragrance fades.

Our Parfumo "Honk1510" I would like to express my sincere thanks for the filling.

Rquill67
Great scent and poor performing!
Well, as with many Zara fragrances Man Silver and Man Gold are both poor performers (even by Zara standards). I purchased these fragrances in a two pack, and while I'm not disappointed with the smell of either the Man Silver or Man Gold, both are poor performers. After an hour it's a skin scent and then they completely disappear after three hours. I'm wondering, when both Zara Silver and Gold were first released, if perhaps they were better performing? I knew I would like Man Gold (based upon the notes); but didn't know if I would like Man Silver. I really enjoy both scents. One is sweet and gooey and the other is light, floral and woody. There's nothing more I can say that hasn't already been stated in previous reviews.
Very helpful Review 3
change
Some time ago I bought the two fragrances 'Man Silver' and 'Man Gold' from Zara here in the souk. While 'Man Silver' didn't spark such great enthusiasm, 'Man Gold' convinced me.

The opening is very spicy, green and not as sweet as I expected. The citrus notes are weak, but I smell more the marigolds. A flower I don't really like, but it doesn't bother me here. The spiciness and the green in the prelude seems to come to me from the cardamom.

For a good hour nothing essential changes in the fragrance impression, then 'Man Gold' becomes more and more woody and also a slightly earthy note is added.

After about three hours the fragrance is very woody with a beautiful patchouulin note in the background. Much doesn't change until the end, at most it becomes a bit balsamic.

If I compare my impression of 'Man Gold' with the other opinions shared here, I come to the conclusion that there must have been a thorough change in the fragrance composition. Because the scent is not sweet for me, especially not gourmandig.

I like 'Man Gold' well in my execution, it has a good sillage and the durability is fine with a good eight hours. In spring and especially in autumn it can be used in many different ways. The bottle is not exactly a beauty, but lies well in the hand.

Helpful Review 3
An attractive sandstone bottle full of golden juice
Man Gold is the last of my shopping. Although I knew ZARA delivered Gold scent a long time ago, and I've got the Silver sibling in my collection, I thought it was just another 1 Million clone and, therefore, always neglected it. And I was wrong. When I sprayed a couple of squirts on my skin for the first time, I immediately fell helplessly in love with it!

Let me introduce you to Zara Man Gold. The head opens with a powerful blend of sweet lemon, dark cardamom, and spicy cinnamon, which gives the scent a promising start and a bitter citrusy vibe that lasts about 10 minutes or so. The citrusy notes create a sparkling prelude to the fruity sweetness of the heart.

Then the head smoothly yields to the heart, which is a delicious gourmand smell, sour and sweet at the same time that reminds me of pineapple and strawberry. Well, I don't mind if those notes are not mentioned, that's what my nose feels. I surmise, but I am not sure that such a particular fruity aura is due to the mix of creamy praliné and calamansi, which is a variety of lime used in Southeast Asia cuisines. I can only describe as a sort of hybrid between orange and lime, that never fades away and follows you in the background until the dry down. This strawberry-like smell is persistent and uses the other notes just as mere companions, so the patchouli and the pralinè add to this fruity aura a background of "bakery-ish" warmness.

Afterward, in the dry down, the dark ebony and dirty patchouli come in and give some woody vibe to the sweetness, as it transforms into a sort of dry, firm but masculine woody, magical, unique spicy scent, losing the fruity strawberry along the way.

In any case, the longevity and projection are quite well, especially in the top and middle notes, but not that outstanding, so that this fragrance could be a very appropriate and decent option for the office. This stuff is truly a fantastic Oriental Woody! Today I wore it, it was a sunny spring day, and the notes perfectly reacted with the warm weather. To me, this golden juice is beautiful for warm spring and cool fall seasons, neither too hot nor too cold. Last but not least, the new bottle is similar to sandstone, which gives it a modern and attractive look.

-Elysium

3 short views on the fragrance
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
Opening smells like a fruit salad.
Drydown becomes a bit chocolaty.

Has Black XS vibes.
VilarVilar 4 years ago
With a mixture of what smells like cinnamon, strawberries, pineapple, and a woody dry down, this scent is a total winner. Awesome. Try it.
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
I thought it was just another 1 Million clone, therefore I always neglected it, and I was wrong. It is an uncanned copy of Paco Rabanne XS!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Zara

Zara Emotions N°01 - Vetiver Pamplemousse (Eau de Parfum) by Zara Golden Decade by Zara #Tobacco Collection - Rich/Warm/Addictive by Zara Zara Rain N°02 - Bergamot & Leather Spritz by Zara Vibrant Leather (2018) (Eau de Parfum) by Zara 9.0 by Zara Zara Emotions N°03 - Ebony Wood by Zara Vibrant Leather (Eau de Toilette) by Zara Exclusive Oud by Zara Zara Emotions N°09 - Jo's Rhubarb by Zara Warm Black by Zara Bohemian Oud by Zara Sublime Cedar by Zara Tone - Indéterminée by Zara Rose Gourmand Women by Zara #Midsummer Orange Zest by Zara Vibrant Leather Summer by Zara Vibrant Leather Cologne by Zara Zara Exclusive N°03 - Universal Oud by Zara Y Collection by Zara