Ikon 2008

Ikon by Zirh
Bottle Design Chad Lavigne
Ikon is a perfume by Zirh for men and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesDavana, Ginger, Cardamom, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Orris root, Labdanum, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesLiquidambar, Patchouli, Vetiver, Frankincense, Cedarwood

Submitted by DerThomyDer, last update on 10.10.2020.

Autumnal Incense
Not being able to sample too many fragrances I blind bough quite a few in my lifetime. This one is one of them. I was at the beggining of my journey and had no idea what to expect but boy, for 20 pounds, this delivered. After all this time I cannot see it as I used to, but I think it's still a good cheap frag if you are looking for a light-smoky incense scent that smells manly and it's not too strong to offend anyone. I used it both in winter and autumn and fits the bill perfectly. The performances are not extraordinary, as expected for the price range, but I think it's a good choice for begginers who are getting their nose into incense based frags. Cheers!

Elysium
Holy smoke as a Cathedral during a winter service
IKON is a sign, as a word or graphic symbol, whose shape suggests its meaning. And this is ZIRH IKON. I was captured by the shiny black bottle with the round metal cap, imagining a mysterious black juice inside. Maybe a little disappointed with the performance. However, I am happy to report that IKON is much better than I imagined.

It begins with a light, fresh note of lemon and ginger blend. There is a quick transition from citrus freshness to spicy and aromatic notes of green cardamom and mugwort.

Midway through development, it releases a decent quality of resinous labdanum. You have to pay close attention, but cinnamon bark and clove buds are also detectable in IKON. No matter how hard I try, I don't have Iris's dusty vibe, at least not during this phase.

The base notes of IKON smell precisely as I thought, so dirty, amber and musky. The generous and warm olibanum appears after about an hour, it is resinous, smoky and dark like what you hear in a church during a winter service. It is impressive. Imagine putting all flavours of incense sticks in a can, closing the lid and opening it the next day.

Despite the presence of dark, deep and opulent oriental notes, IKON is not incredibly long-lived, and the sillage is not great unless you take a bath, so suitable for a dinner date or something on a cold and rainy night. I see it more of an evening perfume. Although it screams warm winter nights, I can see this works even on a warm fall evening due to cedar and vetiver, but I have yet to try it. Sure, you could quickly wear it for office work, given the harmless projection, but you'll need to freshen it up in the afternoon if you want to smell good when you get home or meet your friends after work. Here's my take on IKON, it's neither a meh nor a whoa, although I think I like it, a decent, cool evening scent. It's not an annoying scent, but safe and healthy, harmless, and it smells so damn good.

-Elysium

Classic smokestack in the Ocean
IKONs first minute is one of the best scent I have ever smelled. Chanting like a classic male shampoo, it is clean, fresh, even peachy. 60 seconds of marvel, and comes the shaving-cream.

I suspect a conveyor-belt method behind the heart notes, even if the notes suggest something special. I felt the same fragrance in many other perfumes for men, and I really like it whenever I am facing (or nose-ing) it. We could call it Axe-effect.
After 2 hours IKON surprises me with an invigorating battle spirit. The scents turns into a smoky, spicy odor, but behind the fume I smell water, almost ocean.
Unfortunately the base is characterless, still enough potent, but joyless smoky-dry, I think, it can work well with another chemistry.

First and last IKON is not bad, but is definitely for men.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I like dark fragrances! Ikon is a smooth smoky "noir" fragrance that really pleases. I do recommend it if you like this type of fragrances.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
Great olibanum, it's resinous, fumy, and dark as the one you could smell in a cathedral during a winter service. For cold evening events.

Ein bisschen Retro (Teil 2): Disco!
by NuiWhakakore