Bat 2015

Version from 2015
Bat (2015) by Zoologist
Bat (2015) is a perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is earthy-animal. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Top Notes Top NotesBanana, Soil, Fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesFig, Resins, Mineral notes, Myrrh, Tropical fruits, Roots
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Musk, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 18.10.2020.

The scent was originally labeled as Eau de Parfum. In 2017, it was reclassified to Extrait de Parfum in accordance with the actual perfume oil concentration of 23%.

Duftrebellen
The masterpiece of the concept fragrance
I know little or nothing about bats. They sometimes fly through my field of vision while driving - or in the attic. I don't really like Batman either. I cannot draw other associations with bats. But this Bat gives me the olfactory impression that I have missed in my life with real bats: dirt, cave, darkness & damp earth in the forest.

On paper, these "scents" sound very adventurous. But that's why I love this fragrance so much. It reflects an adventure in a dark forest where I find an abandoned cave. With every step I take towards this cave, this damp smell of the forest floor rises to my nose. After a while he becomes so engaging that only one step into this damn rocky grotto brings salvation.

Finally I enter this dark and gaping hole. The remains of the forest floor that stick to my shoes are being ceded. This combination of mouldy wetness and dirt constantly waft around me, like the corona of a solar eclipse
I slowly roam this dark grotto and see nothing. I smell only darkness, rising from the sheer endless depths of the cave.

Slowly, very slowly sweet scent molecules rise into my nose. But not the kind that is pleasant, but a rotting, fermented sweetness associated with the colour brown. I'm going further in.

There is something magical and attractive about this creation of fragrances that should actually make me want to go far away. Any normal person should turn around here. But normality has no place here
After this journey has already felt like 6 hours, this smell projects as strongly as when you entered. The enveloping presence won't let go of me.

There is no change in intensity or radiance for the next few hours. I'm almost there
After mastering the arduous path over stumbling blocks such as banana peels(?) and damp moss, I see a faint dimmed light falling through a small hole in the cave ceiling.

It illuminates a small, noble-looking perfume bottle that stands on a pedestal. A bat in aristocratic dress can be seen on the label. I take the bottle in my hand, gently spray a little on the back of my hand and smell this fragrance that has accompanied me the whole time. I'll never leave this cave again. You and me. Both of us. We will outlast eternity. Even if you are the last of your kind. I'll never give you back
J.
Commissioner Olfattke takes a time-out
Second Chapter - Creeping, Viecherei

The next morning, as the commissioner headed towards his usual bank, he was expected. The two children stood there again. He hadn't expected it and was amazed that he was happy about it. Before he could say anything, they called out to him: "Someone broke into the gym of the school and destroyed a lot of things. You're a real detective, can you take a look at that?"

Without waiting for an answer, they rushed away and there was nothing left for him to do but to follow him half nervous, half amused. But just behind the Kurpark the school came into sight. As he approached, the door of a little house next door opened, apparently the caretaker's apartment. What Jan and Lena told the man excitedly, he could have guessed - to hear his answer, he was then dense enough:

"...and the police were here long ago and recorded everything. I'm finishing up the report for the school board now. Hopefully everything will be all right in time for the new school year. I don't know what else anybody's looking at? Pure..."

"That's a real inspector," Lena shouted outraged, her hands on her hips. "He catches criminals all the time!"

In the face of half a portion of man with sparkling anger for two, the displeasure of the caretaker vanished - and finally gave way to a smile when Olfattke winked at him.

"All right, let's have a look."

The gym looked like everyone else from the outside. Inside, however, it had been ravaged badly. Mats and devices were slit open, the walls were smeared.

"Where'd they get in?" the inspector wanted to know. "The door wasn't broken into, was it?"

"Through a window hatch in the locker room. There goes the mess. Wait, I'll just unlock..."

Olfattke looked around. He looked at the overturned trash cans and the crackling on the walls. Here and there his eyes grazed forgotten garments, which probably had not yet made their way into the find box because of the beginning of the holiday. One of them caught his attention:

"Isn't this an elementary school? That sweater back there on the bench looks pretty big for that."

"Oh, that hoodie?"

"The what?"

"The Hoodie. There's a hood on it, it's called a hoodie," Jan explained patiently.

"Whatever. Hardly any of the students left it here. Well, gym devastation can make you sweat a lot. Somebody probably took off his sweater... his hoodie and forgot it afterwards. That wouldn't be very smart."

As the commissioner looked more closely, he noticed some chunks on the floor under the bench that might have fallen out of one of the bags. That was remarkable and supported his thought. Such traces could only have come from the intruders, because it had certainly been thoroughly wiped on the evening of the last day of school. And neither janitors nor policemen would have crumbled directly under a bank during their tour earlier. He pulled a magnifying glass out of his pocket. Not because he needed it now, it just simply seemed mighty Sherlock Holmes-like. He didn't have to tell us that he used the magnifying glass for his scent tests to be able to decipher the small letters on the sample tubes in spite of his decreasing eyesight.

He grabbed one of the crumbs, crushed it lightly with his fingers and sniffed at it. It smelled musty, damp and musty. Besides a touch of putrefaction, as of decaying fruit, a banana for instance. Even the hoodie smelled strange. Dirty - but not that kind of dirt that leaves too long wearing but...

"Hm. Is there a zoo around here somewhere? One with tropical animals, maybe a bird hall?"

"What are tropical animals?" Lena wanted to know.

"Animals from warm countries. Monkeys, for example. This crumb smells a little like overripe fruit. Or greasy dried fruit."

"Iiiiiiiiih!"

"But it also reminds me of the sour smell of tropical birdhouses. It smells similar in bat caves. You can't let a real cop get in the way of that. Here, have a sniff!"

Gently the two children stretched out their noses and tried hard not to make a face - like real policemen just.

Olfattke repeated his question: "Is there a zoo around here?"

"In Gettorf, on the other side of the Kieler Förde, is a zoo", said the caretaker.

"We know him," Jan threw in. "They've got a place where all the birds fly around. It's warm and smelly when you come in. That's the zoo where Ben's big brother from my class works."

Lena giggled in print: "Mom said to Dad the other day: That fits - a monkey in the monkeys..."

The commissioner rose: "Sounds almost too simple. Someone should knock on the bush with this young man."

------------------------<<font color="#ffff00">-==- proudly presents
The remaining chapters:
1. Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Aqua Motu
3. Profumum Roma, Acqua di Sale (coming soon)

Rodent Cests 2.0
Whether beaver, rat, bat
Are they in the house
Get out.

No, Leude, so now just for a moment really serious, banana?

Taurus is afraid to leave the house perfumed with the bat? Son nonsense, the people he meets would think at most that the poor boy just for a canteen kitchen, to decorate the appetizer salad plate, has had to cut several nets lemons; and for Yatagan all this smells brown.
No. Yellow smells bat. Not green, not colorful, and also not plaid, necessary, yellow.

No patchouli, I'd smell that, vetiver, okay; BUT synthetic vetiver, that's why I'm back on Yatagan's side with the CB hate perfume stories, because they can do that too.
Musty mold muff can only get Muschio Bianco to perfection, but also sounds here, and lemons halt.

But now I don't mean the lemony lemon, inside, with meat and so on, but more the outside, the pellet, so the zest. And also not the zests themselves, but the smell of the zests, if they were quartered with a steel sword, and then slowly draped into an ice-cold mojito with bloody fingertips.
That's exactly how you have to imagine it, and not differently.
What now the bat is to have to do with it, you must now genuinely times even consider.

10 out of 10 wooden stakes

Sweet damp earth
My first ever Zoologist, and what a way to kick them off! This fragrance truly evokes the habitat of its namesake—a dark, damp cave whose floor is covered in the half-eaten remains of fruit and flowers. But make no mistake, geosmin/petrichor (that distinct damp earthy smell after the rain) is the star of the show. I struggle to see myself wearing this out, but rather envision a quiet night of studied appreciation at home. A fascinating and successful work of olfactory art.

Bat Out Of Hell
I actually did today. In view of one day's holiday and knowing that I don't have to make any personal social contacts, I dared to wear this scent and even leave my apartment for a few hours.

Actually I just went out for a walk in nature without entering any shops or restaurants. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, because Bat is only an olfactory challenge in the first few minutes.

But then he creaks immensely, because the illusion of a dark, damp, musty old cellar is almost perfect. What is officially labeled "wet earth" here could most likely be patchouli, perhaps combined with a little vetiver.

But already after a relatively short moment the situation becomes somewhat more relaxed, the sweet banana-fruity nuances can assert themselves slowly. And when the mineral notes flash through, one can well imagine being in a deep cave where masses of bats are hanging from the ceiling head down, soon buzzing out to their nightly prey.

In the further course the damp earth and/or the musty one decreases more and more and Bat becomes even really pleasant and portable without that one would have to have doubts of being strangely eyed by its opposite.

Yeah, that stuff lasts a hell of a long time till it sniffs more mineral towards the end than anything else. A quick after-spray is really not necessary (and not necessarily desirable because of the blurred top note). And surely Meat Loaf wouldn't have thought about it at that time, that one could olfactorically reproduce the smell of a bat with which he compared himself in Bat Out Of Hell or rather the smell of the habitat of a bat so well.

Therefore: Bats sniff differently (I had even been allowed to stroke one myself in a kind of bat breeding station), but the natural habitat of such a bat is already logically met in Bat.

So if you wait the first few minutes in your cave or home until the top note is through, Bat can be quite suitable for everyday use, although you have to be a little courageous.

Taskphorce
Bat droppings in a damp cave
Please, Please, Please do not make the mistake of blind buying this fragrance. It is extremely earthy as if you've just stuck your nose into a cave littered with bat droppings. What actually came to mind when I smelled this was......Weed and Feed chemicals and the scent of a dirty Fish Tank. It is that realistic. Have you ever been to the zoo and ventured in their "rainforest" wet tropical area where it's hot as hell, moist with water droplets everywhere and that feral scent of animals (and their feces) mending with the soil? Yep, that is how I would describe this scent. After about 20-30 minutes, the scent begins to soften and you are left with real moist (strong) soil. The soil becomes somewhat palatable in the dry down by the incorporation of faint notes of florals and fruit. I can tolerate challenging scents (many comme des garcons and strong barnyard ouds) but this right here was immediately headache inducing. I do not get any tropical accord. If you don't mind smelling like you just rubbed yourself with the damp soil from inside of a wet cave, this scent is for you. My wife cringed and begged me to wash it off. You might be one of the few who really enjoy this fragrance so if you are of the really daring type, go against my recommendation and take the plunge blindly for the full bottle....just don't say I didn't warn you! :)
Yharnam79
The cave under the royal tomb
I have to admit that in principle I already have what it takes to create such unusual scents and that I am also quite positive about "musty" scents. Of course, I don't like fragrances that smell unpleasantly musty or even mold, not even gothic scented oil (first of all: BAT doesn't do that for me in any way).
But since my signature scent Patchouli Absolu, which has been with me for years, does not smell musty or greedy for me, many of my fellow human beings feel this quite differently, as I had to notice.

But now away from me and towards BAT:
At the beginning there is a good breeze of banana, which actually smells like ripe banana from the spray head. Delicious actually...
Very quickly the banana mixes with smoke as if made from charred wood from the campfire and above all with moist soil. After a few seconds these two facets come to the fore so strongly that the banana-sweetish disappears completely. And the smoke and the damp earth come over you as if you were standing in the middle of it. In the middle of a damp moorland area with damp soil and moss on your hands. Clothing foggy.
After the fragrance has almost completely grooved in, the actual smell of damp stones and slightly soft smoky stones spreads. After the initial banana, I don't really notice any fruit in the entire course of the fragrance. But there is also something mineral in it. The whole thing forms to a smell like in a cool (stalactite) cave.
It is impressive how clearly one has the individual associations in the course of the fragrance before one's eyes. Also how straight the bat theme was implemented and how realistic the individual images can be scented, perceived and made visible to the inner eye.
After about half an hour, the already mentioned "incense-like" comes to the fore again and so BAT appears in addition to the bat cave even a little royal crypt-like. Not gothic, though. More sacred. Similar to the smell of a big, old church.

I find Bat absolutely wearable, although not necessarily an everyday fragrance.
Beyond that, however, it is, as I find it, a wonderfully mixed olfactory unique specimen and in any case an experience.

Franfan20
All fruits are eaten already
The scent of Bat is so wonderfully implemented, it's just fun to experience the scents of Zoologist. For me, the image of a large, dark stalactite cave as a dwelling for a huge swarm of bats is well drawn and I explore this cave immediately. The fragrance starts very dull and earthy for me, it smells very strongly of roots in the soil. The plant growth around the cave entrance is rather barren and the tropical air has softened the soil accordingly. When entering the cave, the mineral smell of cold stone spreads and mixes with slightly mouldering branches that are lying around. The deeper you go into the cave, the darker it becomes. The noise of bats becomes increasingly louder. And in the deep core of the cave is the swarm of thousands of animals hanging from the ceiling. Here, the air has heated up according to the action and there is a tropical-warm, animal aura in the room, which is surprisingly quite pleasant.
Unfortunately, I do not perceive the slightest hint of fruit on the entire expedition. I probably missed the feast of the bats and can only look forward to a tour in their home. In spite of initial difficulties, this cave is indeed quite comfortable. The mixture of tropical-warm air, bat fur, earth and cave walls appears to be varied and changeable. In addition, towards the end, a mixture of resinous and woody notes come to life that even have a slight spicy effect. The rather harsh start rewards the wearer with a very interesting scent impression, which indeed has its own way, but not too crazy or incompatible as one would expect at first.

The scenery is sensationally well drawn, the mood goes well with a warm summer evening with a red sunset, which is followed by the background sounds of the creatures of the night. I just miss the fruity contrast. I would have found it very exciting to smell this contrast, but I search it in vain. The depiction of the bat habitat as such has been very successful, but it is not a fragrance that I would wear permanently.

ToreterToreter 2 years ago
5.5
Mature banana & fruits & overwhelming wet notes.....30 min later sweet fig ,more mature fruits and + earth, good quality .not nice 2 me.

by Farbod
by Josefka
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Zoologist

Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Dodo (2019) by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist