Camel 2017

Camel by Zoologist
Camel is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesDate palm Dried fruitsDried fruits RoseRose FrankincenseFrankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmberAmber JasmineJasmine MyrrhMyrrh Orange blossomOrange blossom Incense materialIncense material CedarCedar CinnamonCinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk OudOud SandalwoodSandalwood Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver CivetCivet

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 09.05.2022.

Camel, my new friend
First, a topnote of dried fruit dipped in green frankincense sets the pace: resinous, rich, but also dry, tart almost. Imagine the steamy sweetness of dried apricots and plums laid out in a souk, pricked by the waxy sourness of preserved lemons and pickled mangoes just beneath. The mouthwatering notes of the opening give way to an animalic floral heart – a none-too-clean jasmine and orange blossom whipped into a soapy, leathery froth by civet and musk. All this is spread over a gritty amber drydown that manages to smell like the friction between hot sand, cold soap, and silk sheets. Although Camel strikes us as more Madame Bovary than Scheherazade, it nonetheless manages to capture the contradictory nature of the camel, itself permanently poised between froideur and rage.
Animal stable EDP
How excited please was I about this fragrance and generally the brand Zoologist.... I received a first sample of the brand and had to try this directly... I wanted to know how a camel should smell.
Well..I had to really smile while smelling it, because actually the scent starts out incredibly animalic and also familiar.... Wait...it smells like animal stable...not necessarily mega unpleasant, but interesting! In addition, there are then a few "oriental" ingredients, and you have "Camel"..There could be but also a donkey or a cow on it... but with Camel has developed an intelligent fragrance marketingtechnisch.

After 5h I still notice the "animal stable", but strongly attenuated.... Vanilla? Tonka? Orange? Rose? Missing! At least my "amateur nose" can't smell that out.... I notice only the incense / myrrh, minimal sweetness and the "cowshed"... do not know what exactly it is.
I can definitely agree with "Flanker" on most points. I don't think the scent is bad, but do I want to smell like this...? I don't think so. Am curious about other fragrances from the house Zoologist.
Sharp date
I am not going to go out on a limb here and claim that the name is program. Because I don't know what a camel smells like. But when it smells like "Camel", it smells fucking interesting
The fragrance starts for me with strong animal notes. Especially the civet, in my opinion, comes out intensely. On the other hand, I don't notice anything of musk or oud.

After a few minutes, the dried fruits become more distinct, with a dominance of dates I smell. In the background there remains a certain sharpness of the animal notes. This combination took me some getting used to, but now I like it.

However, I will certainly not buy a full bottle of "Camel". This is mainly due to the somewhat disappointing shelf life. For me the fun was over after almost three hours.

As with all Zoologist fragrances, the artwork, which is exceptionally original, deserves a special mention. The animals are drawn in such a way that each one embodies its own character. For this alone 10 points are deserved

Desert escapade
This one was another surprise for me from Zoologist. First time I tried it I really didn’t like it, because I was expecting heavy spices, maybe a sand accord, and of course Zoologist’s animalic touch. What I got was a fruit forward fragrance that took me aback, and destroyed my expectations. Don’t get me wrong though, having my expectations destroyed was a good thing. As when I came back to this knowing what to expect, I fell in love with it. Camel opens up with a bouquet of dried fruits that add a much needed sweetness to the fragrance. This sweetness lends it self to preventing the animalic funk and incense from becoming too strong. The base of Camel is a traditional oud and rose combo, though I barely pick up the rose which is nice because rose is one of my least enjoyed notes in fragrance. The oud adds a nice touch to the animalics featured in the fragrance as well, rounding them out and giving them a smoothness that lets them better blend with the other notes. Last but not least, the incense gives it just the slightest little pinch of smokiness (which smells more like they’re burning the dried fruits then actual smoke) and resinousness, and is the final step in the crescendo this fragrance has been building towards. Finally transporting me completely to a market in the desert. Excellent fragrance and one of the easiest to enjoy from the house if you go into it knowing what to expect, unlike myself. Try before you buy.
One of the holy three
Next stop: the camel enclosure! "Zoologist" really gives his sublime creatures more than enough exercise...

"Camel" is a dry smoky fruit. Definitely oriental, but also more of a ring than an enclosure. When dryness and mush mix together. I associate with it either a sultry high summer, a holiday including excursions in Egypt or some corners of the Christmas market. Clear myrrh makes me think of the three famous first visitors of the baby Jesus. Doesn't do the thought of camels any harm. Crushed grapes, a hot wind, warming spices and consecrated smoke. You can even feel a little fur. It fits, it looks smacking and sweet from the laundry. It doesn't spit, but drips from time to time. Has enough steam and urge, but is without doubt a very sociable and soft guy. You can ride it safely, glide into the evening sun. Has a delicious and calming effect, only minimal and very naturally "dirty".

Flacon: a real Camel-iendame
Sillage: not desert wide, but there are definitely circus vibes coming up
Durability: Camels have endurance - 9 hours minimum

Conclusion: muddy dried fruits rolled in sand, myrrh and dusty camel droppings. Smells more delicious than it sounds. Much tastier!
DarkWinterCS
Dromedary or camel, it doesn't matter, I want to ride it!
Who of us can not also report of it, one would like to try out with pleasure times the brand Zoologist, however, has doubts before Animalik and to intensive notes which cry quasi "In your face! As often also with other perfume users before and after me this thought must have swung along. Luckily for all of us there is the very beginner-friendly and portable Camel from Zoologist. One that should slowly and friendly build up and present the feel of the camel. He really deserves this place, because I have also moved on to the other scents via Camel and have tested two other scents so far, Bat 2020 and Civet.
In retrospect, Camel can really be considered one of the more ordinary fragrances in the series, as it doesn't overwhelm its wearer and wants to show how wearable zoologist perfumes really are. But even in 100% case this is only true for Camel (referring to the general public), because already Bat 2020 and Civet lose some of their suitability for everyday use due to their certain animalism. This doesn't bother me as I'm relatively painless in this respect, but Camel can be called a beginner's fragrance.

Camel lives up to his description of a desert ship. The brand's perfumers have an incredible sense of how to give each animal an authentic and almost frighteningly real scent.
It starts on my skin with a mixture of dry accents, lots of smoky wood and a subtle sweetness. Here, incense, oud and dried fruit probably play a pleasant fragrance bouquet, which is already familiar. Memories of Au Coeur du Desert and Jubilation XXV come back. In the course of the fragrance, different constellations alternate, which does not make the scent seem boring. One moment the smoky notes rise a bit, the next moment it's sweet moments of tonka and dried fruit. Everything is interspersed with dry perceptions, which are always present.
If one would like to imagine Camel figuratively, then it is like a day trip to the Sahara. A ride on the desert ship, which starts in the morning with pleasant temperatures. The further the trip into the desert goes and the hours pass by, the warmer and drier the air gets, while the sandy winds whip at you. The cloths used as face protection have not been washed for a long time and have a smoky, musty aroma. The day slowly comes to an end and the tents are pitched by the Bedouin guides. A campfire burns and everyone gathers for an exchange at the warming embers. In the evening the locals serve dates and dried fruit, while in the background the camels are being looked after after after the exhausting journey. What a great day with these unfamiliar smells - an olfactory journey.

As I am used to from zoologists by now, durability and sillage are at the top end of the scale. Everything shows itself from the best side and makes no prisoners. Either you like the scent or you stay out of my way. Unusual to carry a cloud full of desert in the rather pleasant temperature of Western Europe. This can also be heard on my skin for over ten hours, which is why the price-performance ratio is extraordinarily good.

Start your journey through the world of zoology with this fragrance or treat yourself to one of the best imitations of the distant oriental desert, you won't regret it. I'll ride around for a while.
Camel? Yeah, right!
I keep reading Camel, Camel! Seriously? People with an average general education may still know what a cow looks like, but please don't tell me you know what a camel smells like!
In addition, I have never seen a circus that smelled like this before.
Zoologists naturally use this for their benefit. They only fill up the smell of animals that no human being has ever had under his nose at close range. Why not a wet dog? At least you would have a scent picture in front of your eyes.

When I spasmodically try to imagine a camel for scent, then a made-up one. My camel has artificial long eyelashes, green song shadows, full-bodied, cherry red lips and a bouquet of white books behind the ear. It is a quite opulently decorated camel. Guys, this is not working.

If we leave out the camel, we get dried fruit (yes), tonka bean (ok), possibly honey and a somewhat pissed secret ingredient. Let's call it the civet white-blooded chord. The camel flacon could be any vintage bottle with a pump sprayer and stand on a dressing table from long ago. What remains for me is an opulent, fat scent, combined with creative marketing.
You can like it, but you don't have to. I already have a queasy feeling when I think of "Beaver" by Zoologist. No, I think I'll skip the beaver... ;-)
Mischa99
An exotic with a matching name
After spraying I smelled a strong fruity scent mixed with honey. (Could there have been dates in there?) After some time the smell was light, fresh and dry at the same time. There was a clear development of fragrance, later the perfume smelled sweeter, more fruity and warmer. The name is well chosen, because the idea of a hot desert country is awakened by this development of fragrance. I couldn't smell anything animal except musk. The "Camel fragrance" wasn't too smoky now either, but it seems to be aimed at lovers of sweeter perfumes. After about five hours the smell had already faded with me unfortunately

Dried fruit amber
Wow, this one oozes decadence from the start. A rich boozy fruit opening, followed by dry incense, and ending with musky amber. This is encroaching on Jubilation XXV and LADDM territory—the dried dark fruits of the former and the arid, salty amber of the latter—but with subdued spices and elevated musk. Seriously considering how to justify owning all three.

Huge oriental scent.

This zoologist is like a tipical arabian parfum its actually not bad. The dry down is very similar to Serge Lutens “Arabie”.
It starts very smoky, animalic and with some balsamic touch and slowly turns into a surprising heavy dried fruits, vanilla and dates witch actually makes it a good scent when you are having a higt tea time or wine time ( with some cheese board an sweet treats ) with your friends at a summer evening under the sun :-)
Longevity is not perfect but is good I would say about 5/6 hours, I really cant rate the silage.

Anyway i love this house
Nice artistic brand their priority is to make parfums that represents the world of animals.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 months ago
Dusty spicy oriental with rose and frankincense in the opening. I get some dates with little sweetness, musk and a woodsy, resinous base.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
The overwhelming oriental sweetness. I like it.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
Despite its smoky opening, this warm spicy-oriental Fall fragrance is nicely balanced by a gentle dusty resinous-woody base. Very accessible
MSCRomanMSCRoman 2 years ago
I like it, a lot. I think it is too heavy and intense for daily wear, or for summer wear, but it is just sweet enough and totally sexy.

by RahulESJ
by RahulESJ
by Jensemann
by Jensemann
(Die Amonsängerin Merit, XVIII Dynastie - Abbildung aus einem Buch von 1961)
by CharlAmbre
(Schminktafel aus Hierapolis mit Darstellungen von Tiertanz und Flötenspiel - Abbildung aus einem Buch von 1961)
by Emphvtic
by Emphvtic
(Gesang und Handklatschen - Relief aus dem Grabe des Cheriuf - Abbildung aus einem Buch von 1961)
by Stere
by Montexx
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular by Zoologist

Bee by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Chipmunk by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Snowy Owl by Zoologist