Camel by Zoologist
Camel is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesDate palm, Dried fruits, Rose, Frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Jasmine, Myrrh, Orange blossom, Incense material, Cedar, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Oud, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Vetiver, Civet

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 16.10.2020.

DarkWinterCS
Dromedary or camel, it doesn't matter, I want to ride it!
Who of us can not also report of it, one would like to try out with pleasure times the brand Zoologist, however, has doubts before Animalik and to intensive notes which cry quasi "In your face! As often also with other perfume users before and after me this thought must have swung along. Luckily for all of us there is the very beginner-friendly and portable Camel from Zoologist. One that should slowly and friendly build up and present the feel of the camel. He really deserves this place, because I have also moved on to the other scents via Camel and have tested two other scents so far, Bat 2020 and Civet.
In retrospect, Camel can really be considered one of the more ordinary fragrances in the series, as it doesn't overwhelm its wearer and wants to show how wearable zoologist perfumes really are. But even in 100% case this is only true for Camel (referring to the general public), because already Bat 2020 and Civet lose some of their suitability for everyday use due to their certain animalism. This doesn't bother me as I'm relatively painless in this respect, but Camel can be called a beginner's fragrance.

Camel lives up to his description of a desert ship. The brand's perfumers have an incredible sense of how to give each animal an authentic and almost frighteningly real scent.
It starts on my skin with a mixture of dry accents, lots of smoky wood and a subtle sweetness. Here, incense, oud and dried fruit probably play a pleasant fragrance bouquet, which is already familiar. Memories of Au Coeur du Desert and Jubilation XXV come back. In the course of the fragrance, different constellations alternate, which does not make the scent seem boring. One moment the smoky notes rise a bit, the next moment it's sweet moments of tonka and dried fruit. Everything is interspersed with dry perceptions, which are always present.
If one would like to imagine Camel figuratively, then it is like a day trip to the Sahara. A ride on the desert ship, which starts in the morning with pleasant temperatures. The further the trip into the desert goes and the hours pass by, the warmer and drier the air gets, while the sandy winds whip at you. The cloths used as face protection have not been washed for a long time and have a smoky, musty aroma. The day slowly comes to an end and the tents are pitched by the Bedouin guides. A campfire burns and everyone gathers for an exchange at the warming embers. In the evening the locals serve dates and dried fruit, while in the background the camels are being looked after after after the exhausting journey. What a great day with these unfamiliar smells - an olfactory journey.

As I am used to from zoologists by now, durability and sillage are at the top end of the scale. Everything shows itself from the best side and makes no prisoners. Either you like the scent or you stay out of my way. Unusual to carry a cloud full of desert in the rather pleasant temperature of Western Europe. This can also be heard on my skin for over ten hours, which is why the price-performance ratio is extraordinarily good.

Start your journey through the world of zoology with this fragrance or treat yourself to one of the best imitations of the distant oriental desert, you won't regret it. I'll ride around for a while.
Camel? Yeah, right!
I keep reading Camel, Camel! Seriously? People with an average general education may still know what a cow looks like, but please don't tell me you know what a camel smells like!
In addition, I have never seen a circus that smelled like this before.
Zoologists naturally use this for their benefit. They only fill up the smell of animals that no human being has ever had under his nose at close range. Why not a wet dog? At least you would have a scent picture in front of your eyes.

When I spasmodically try to imagine a camel for scent, then a made-up one. My camel has artificial long eyelashes, green song shadows, full-bodied, cherry red lips and a bouquet of white books behind the ear. It is a quite opulently decorated camel. Guys, this is not working.

If we leave out the camel, we get dried fruit (yes), tonka bean (ok), possibly honey and a somewhat pissed secret ingredient. Let's call it the civet white-blooded chord. The camel flacon could be any vintage bottle with a pump sprayer and stand on a dressing table from long ago. What remains for me is an opulent, fat scent, combined with creative marketing.
You can like it, but you don't have to. I already have a queasy feeling when I think of "Beaver" by Zoologist. No, I think I'll skip the beaver... ;-)
Mischa99
An exotic with a matching name
After spraying I smelled a strong fruity scent mixed with honey. (Could there have been dates in there?) After some time the smell was light, fresh and dry at the same time. There was a clear development of fragrance, later the perfume smelled sweeter, more fruity and warmer. The name is well chosen, because the idea of a hot desert country is awakened by this development of fragrance. I couldn't smell anything animal except musk. The "Camel fragrance" wasn't too smoky now either, but it seems to be aimed at lovers of sweeter perfumes. After about five hours the smell had already faded with me unfortunately

Dried fruit amber
Wow, this one oozes decadence from the start. A rich boozy fruit opening, followed by dry incense, and ending with musky amber. This is encroaching on Jubilation XXV and LADDM territory—the dried dark fruits of the former and the arid, salty amber of the latter—but with subdued spices and elevated musk. Seriously considering how to justify owning all three.

Huge oriental scent.

This zoologist is like a tipical arabian parfum its actually not bad. The dry down is very similar to Serge Lutens “Arabie”.
It starts very smoky, animalic and with some balsamic touch and slowly turns into a surprising heavy dried fruits, vanilla and dates witch actually makes it a good scent when you are having a higt tea time or wine time ( with some cheese board an sweet treats ) with your friends at a summer evening under the sun :-)
Longevity is not perfect but is good I would say about 5/6 hours, I really cant rate the silage.

Anyway i love this house
Nice artistic brand their priority is to make parfums that represents the world of animals.
Yharnam79
Of hot animal fur, flying carpets, djinn and desert treasures...
Zoologist seems to be a rather polarizing brand when browsing the comments and statements. The scents are all experimental, conceptual and yes, I go so far as to say that the zoologist-scents are all art. Whether loved, hated, wearable or unwearable, everyone ultimately decides for themselves and their sense of smell.
Since I - although I am a great advocate of the zoologist-line and leave the house with "strange" scents - can only tolerate Zibet in moderation or skilfully played around, I immediately start with a description, which could also have been at the end of the commentary: portable Animalik.
The prelude brings with it a whole load of animal fur association. However, it is neither faecal nor dirty or even mark "wet dog". Warm, almost cuddly, that's more like it.
I don't know exactly what that association evokes. But the interplay of smoke, fruit and spices does, in fact, immediately ignite the head cinema of far desert and dust-dry heat, of bazaars with incense, spices and all kinds of delicacies. And actually also from camel(fell). Floral chords floating in the background.
In the later course and excellently embedded now Zibet and musk come on my skin more strongly to carry. As already indicated, Zibet is such a thing, which I can find only in few cases well. In Camel, however, Zibet does not become the sound announcer, who now takes out the faecal-animalic club but is more or less an observer. Woven with spices and garnished with dried fruits, the "pissy cat" purrs in the most cuddly tones. I can even go so far as to say that I have never felt Zibet to be so well embedded, which is also due to the extremely pleasant oud, the buttery soft amber and the sandalwood, which all shine out again and again.
I also feel that Camel is one of the most "mass compatible" zoologist scents.

Camel is a perfectly coordinated fragrance. An oriental scent that skilfully plays off its extravagance, which cannot be discussed away. A fragrance that lives up to its name and the concept behind it. A fragrance that will undoubtedly polarize as much as its brothers and sisters. A scent, which stands out for me personally pleasantly and nevertheless no "precinct marker" wants to be.

Animal-Cuddly,
spicy-fruity,
smoky and creamy at the same time.

Small warning at the end: Sillage and durability are absolutely not to be underestimated!
NikEy
Of oasis treasures and desert frankincense
It is difficult for me to judge how camels smell due to lack of experience. Without anticipating too much, however, the scent of dry, warm animal fur can undoubtedly be associated. Less animalistic than other fragrances, but rather warmly interpreted, I like to assume in favour of the brand and the great design that they are camels.

Camel presents its beginning with a delicate, light-fruity freshness, which quickly disappears from the foreground but remains perceptible for a long time. Oud and dirty ambergris tones characterise a clearly woody, spicy base that remains soft. Animalic - even an existing trace of Zibet - is so fruity-lightly built in that it works exactly as you would expect from a good perfume. Attractive and hidden attractive. Clear but fine oud, a silky smell of smoky, spiced resins and creamy sandalwood stand on one side. In contrast, spicy light fruits, indolish sweet floral wafting of jasmine and a hint of orange blossom and soft ambry notes that perfectly unite. The one oriental desert landscape draw, without which one can imagine name-giving animal only with difficulty.

The classification unisex fits here very well, because he plays skilfully with his femines flowery-fruity and his masculine woody-spicy nature. The two sides are held together by the wonderful animal note, which results from the dirty sides of the notes themselves and from a long-lasting, delicate, yet flaring musk base and civet sounds. And it's this animalism that makes the dry, dusty incense so bearable for me - which here comes across as light rather than smoky. Gives it a base that doesn't stand out, but only enhances the desert character.

Camel reminds me of some scents from the oriental and desert category I know. So for me he chanciates somewhere between the relaxed-meditative 'Oud Stars - Fars', the flowery-fruity 'Oud Stars - Malesia (2017)', the incense-laden 'Sahara Noir' and the spicy-golden 'Oud Shamash'. A combination that combines the peculiarities of these fragrances and combines them with a delicate Oud-Zibet Animalik. As softly glittering as if it simply belonged to the skin. It doesn't fall into the house with the door, it's not a scent you have to get used to in order to like it, it's not an animalistic broadsword that only "real men" can wear, but knows how to please right from the start.

Sillage and shelf life are strong, but quickly calm down to an acceptable level, which is why I find the fragrance to be wearable on any occasion with a delicate dosage. And if you look at the price in relation to the mentioned fragrances, which e.g. come from XerJoff's pen, Camel with 145€/60ml is still in the reasonable niche range.

Camel by Zoologist
Released in late 2017, yet another eagerly awaited release from this inventive and likeable indie house. The fun is always trying to make the connection between the scent and the fauna. Does this work?

Zoologist Perfumes Camel Review on YouTube
My guest and I both enjoyed Camel and the story behind the perfume as well as the Zoologist Perfumes brand. I personally enjoyed it for the Fruity (dried fruity, fruits), Spicy, Musky, Amber notes in Camel and my guest enjoyed it for the Frankincense and Incense. We both experienced the fragrances differently which makes it unique. We had two different experiences but really enjoyed the story of the animal, Camel and the inspiration to create this wonderful perfume. Learn more about Camel by Zoologist Perfumes, please watch our video. Thank you.

Franfan20
Warm camel fur in the midday heat
A rich blend of resinous, balsamic and spicy notes, characterized by the finest oriental flavors that come to mind spontaneously. In a brainstorming on the subject of camel, this would also be my logical consequence on how to realize a namesake perfume. Technically, you can not really design the fragrance differently. I was worried that the scent might be smothering, but is is not. I find it rather tender and therefore good to wear. That's why Camel doesn't scare me off. From time to time, I perceive a light hint of fruit and cinnamon, but it is mainly the incense - notably myrrh and frankincense - that determines the fragrance. Camel's base once again incorporates a more pronounced animal nature, which in addition gives the impression of sun-warmed camel fur, which is slightly dusting when caressing your faithful companion because of all the desert sand in it. The fragrance radiates much of the flair of the Middle East from the beginning. Before I read the text, I thought of a bazaar that is turning into a desert. In the hustle and bustle at the various stalls, it goes unnoticed that a camel was apparently not well enough tethered and does a bunk. That's why I agree with the image of a camel that has lost its way in the desert. It wanders through the dry heat over ocher-colored sand dunes and longs for water. But typically, the saving oasis is just an illusion. It seems to me that Christian Carbonnel is fond of creating mainly oriental fragrances. Although I think that Camel is well balanced and the dosage allows a pleasant fragrance experience, I still find it a bit monotonous and simply not to my taste. The requirement was once again met perfectly, because the result is as you may imagine a desert and a bazaar. Dry, warm and dusty, but I do not want to wear it. Camel is probably one of the safest fragrances of Zoologist, as it uses a popular fragrance family and oriental fans probably will not be disappointed. However, I prefer to eat some camel milk chocolate now and then.

KimJongKimJong 73 days ago
The overwhelming oriental sweetness. I like it.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 113 days ago
Despite its smoky opening, this warm spicy-oriental Fall fragrance is nicely balanced by a gentle dusty resinous-woody base. Very accessible
MSCRomanMSCRoman 156 days ago
I like it, a lot. I think it is too heavy and intense for daily wear, or for summer wear, but it is just sweet enough and totally sexy.

by Jensemann
by Jensemann
by Montexx
by Montexx

Popular Zoologist

Civet by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Dodo (2019) by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist