Dragonfly (2017)

Dragonfly by Zoologist

Dragonfly is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Juan M. Perez

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Heliotrope, Lemon, Peony, Rain water
Heart Notes Heart NotesCherry blossom, Clover, Iris, Lotus, Rice
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Moss, Musk, Papyrus, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.07.2019

6.0/10

Airy floral green
The lightest scent I’ve tried yet from the house. Very ephemeral and sparkly opening, and gets greener and sweeter as it dries. I get a touch of pond water with green algae to offset all the pretty florals, making it slightly more interesting, though still feminine. Fine, but unremarkable to my nose.
7.0 9.0/10

Ambrosa
The call of the dragonfly
Yesterday I already wrote a statement about this wonderful fragrance, but I have the feeling that I owe him more than these few short words.

A few years ago, when my children were still attending elementary school, we went to Vienna every year for a few days during the semester break. All three of us loved the city and made ourselves comfortable in our cosy, cosy hotel rooms in the evenings after the long forays.

Of course there was a visit to Schönbrunn Zoo every year. With the corresponding tropical house.

The Rainforest House was opened in the 250th anniversary year (2002) of the Tiergarten. The huge glass house presents a section of a mountain slope in the rainforest of Southeast Asia.

Visitors experience the fascinating reproduction of an authentic rainforest with high humidity, tropical temperatures, thunderstorms and fog. You can hear the calls of exotic animals, crickets chirping, frogs croaking, single drops dripping... it is fabulous and unique to dive into this fascinating scenery.

When the first sprayer "Dragonfly" wetted my skin, I was catapulted into this atmosphere. The bitter-sweet scent of aldehydes, peonies and moss clouds my senses and leads me with cherry blossoms, lotus and papyrus into a tropical, always humid rainforest. Gently enveloping and yet present, Dragonfly shows itself and you can't help but wander off in your thoughts.

This fragrance is a gift for me (thanks dear Isocelle) from which I treat myself to a splash every now and then in the evening and dive into a world far away from here and now.

To wear Dragonfly in everyday life I read after an attempt. Where does he fit in? To the office between all those files and phone calls? In the evening with a drink after work or even at the party? Probably still the most I could imagine him on a walk through the lonely nature.

Thus it is a fragrance entirely for the wearer himself, in silence and solitude, to be carried by the song of the dragonfly.
10.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Yharnam79
Is that how elf dust smells?
The last few weeks have been kind of zoologist for me.
This is also due to the fact that I seriously wonder how this line could have passed me for such a long time. In the last few days I have been able to test Dragonfly extensively and am torn back and forth.
On the one hand a really beautiful, in comparison with the other fragrances of the line rather gentle and pleasing fellow.
On the other hand, I don't think that's enough for me. Dragonfly comes silky-soft. A hint of sweet cherry, then the smell of freshly washed laundry on the line in the wind. All accompanied and surrounded by flowers. These also look fresh and moist. In the later course of the process also something soapy, which in turn does not seem cheap (soapiness often does that, I think) but seems to provide even more freshness and lightness. It is like spraying on the early summer air soaked with budding flowers and trees.
Dragonfly is a thoroughly sweet, flowery and feathery fragrance. And absolutely feminine to me. I'm afraid so. "Unfortunately", because the zoologist-fragrances look so impudently good on the shelf...
Although he really smells beautiful - and that's probably the only fitting word - I personally wouldn't wear him. That's where the other zoologist scents kind of give me more.
8.0 7.0 10.0 8.0/10

Delicate nymphs ascend
The fragrance of Dragonfly is on the one hand as diverse as the eyes of a dragonfly and on the other hand as delicate and fragile as its wings and physique. It is a very pleasant, changeable fragrance that is absolutely not intrusive and exudes a fairytale-like aura. The implementation of the metamorphosis from the larva to the adult animal. A calm, relaxed mood as if you are sitting at the nearest pond watching the dragonflies dance on the water surface.

In the morning, damp haze rises over the pond, the air is filled with the smell of dew and a mixture of green and floral components, which already provide a powdery undertone. The scent is moist without being aquatic. Here, I think of rice steam, slightly dry and dusty, but still fresh and fragrant. In addition, some papyrus, slightly rough, but fittingly supporting the green part. Here and there you can hear a few croaking frogs, but they don't draw ones attention on themselves. The nymphs come to the water surface. As soon as the sun shines over the pond and the morning mist completely evaporates, the green part of the fragrance leaves me and makes room for a bouquet of flowers, which now unfolds its fullness. This creates a slightly warmer overall picture than at the beginning. Soft, dance-like, dreamy. The nymphs rise out of the water and peel their exoskeleton in the shelter of the reeds. Slowly, wings and adult bodies harden. Over time, the gorgeous colors come to light. At the end, Dragonfly completes its transformation to a sweet powdery scent. Now characterized by heliotrope and musk, the adult stage is reached and the dragonflies are buzzing over the pond until late in the evening. Their wing beats make the air vibrate. An iridescent spectacle.

The great thing about Dragonfly is the balancing act between inconspicuousness and presence. Even though it is light as a feather and rather unremarkable, it is still strong enough to last all day, exposing all those stages of metamorphosis. I find the combination of green, powder, flowers and sweetness very appealing, so that Dragonfly qualified directly as a new personal zoo member.

by Gschpusi
by Gschpusi
by Dawg
by Dawg

Popular Zoologist

Bat by Zoologist Rhinoceros by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Dodo by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Hyrax by Zoologist Beaver (2014) by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist