Dragonfly 2017

Dragonfly by Zoologist
Dragonfly is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Juan M. Perez

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Heliotrope, Lemon, Peony, Rain water
Heart Notes Heart NotesCherry blossom, Clover, Iris, Lotus, Rice
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Moss, Musk, Papyrus, Sandalwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 02.10.2020.

Fresh Floral
Notes: Lemon, Aldehydes, Heliotrope, Peony, Rain Water, Cherry Blossom, Clover, Iris, Lotus, Rice, Amber, Moss, Sandalwood, Papyrus and Musk

Perfumer: Juan M. Perez

This is simply stunning. Light, Airy and wonderful. Dragonfly does portray their environment and their world. It opens with light watery musk, fresh air in a garden filled with flowers after a shower. As the fragrance develops it becomes more powdery with and earthy blend of Musk, Rice, Papyrus and hints of Sandalwood. This is simply a gorgeous fragrance. Art in a bottle. The Perfumer really did capture the life cycle and the environment of a Dragonfly wonderfully.

Dragonfly (NKNN)
• ZOOLOGIST DRAGONFLY •

What animal do you want Zoologist to make a fragrance of next? I've been steadily going through my 'easy-loving' sample set with varying degrees of success, although I can subjectively appreciate all of them. I love Bee, but might not want to smell like natural honey all day. Panda was a bit too green for my taste, while Hummingbird is stunning, but definitely more feminine. Civet (which is not part of the 'easy-loving' set), is surprisingly easily my favorite so far and I'll be doing a YouTube review for it next. But first, let's see how Dragonfly fares.

Dragonfly has one of the weirder notes lists that I've seen, with rice and 'rain notes' topping the Fragrantica votes. It's mainly floral however, with a slightly green and almost sharp floral accord. Lotus, iris, clover, peony, cherry blossom and more are listed, but the one that pops out is the heliotrope. The heliotrope adds a nutty, almond or hazelnut touch to the bright florals. There's a hint of citrus as well. I have to say, from the first moment I smelled this, I knew what kind of fragrance it would be, and it's clearly a feminine leaning, soapy or rather, shampoo like fragrance (not unlike Hummingbird, but much lighter). Some wafts really remind me of a certain smell, but I can't put my finger on it. It's very familiar and I'm pretty sure it's something that my mother used to use, along the lines of a suntan lotion, hand moisturizer or maybe even a laundry softener. It's a bit powdery, but not overly so and it's more ozonic than aquatic in my opinion. I honestly have no idea why rice is the most voted note, because I get none of it. I guess that's why I have this username.

Dragonfly takes you on a journey. It does change up on you several times, starting sharp and green, maybe a bit aquatic/'rainy', followed by a more powdery and airy texture. The almond like heliotrope is the saving grace for my personal taste, because otherwise, despite the non-linearity, it is a feminine soapy scent in all stages. Unfortunately, I don't pick up on many of the notes that could've changed that and are in fact listed (oakmoss, musk, sandalwood & amber). It's interesting on paper and quite a ride on skin, but I wouldn't recommend this to men and I'd easily recommend Hummingbird over Dragonfly to women •
Seniorrossi
a flap of a wing so delicate
the light liquid in the flacon makes me think: it will be a warm little smell. then it will be sprayed on warm and soft around me. you smell as good as you can stay! if beauty could smell, then maybe so. possibly more for the elven sex, but i also want to smell like this with a beard.

Airy floral green
The lightest scent I’ve tried yet from the house. Very ephemeral and sparkly opening, and gets greener and sweeter as it dries. I get a touch of pond water with green algae to offset all the pretty florals, making it slightly more interesting, though still feminine. Fine, but unremarkable to my nose.
Yharnam79
Is that how elf dust smells?
The last few weeks have been kind of zoologist for me.
This is also due to the fact that I seriously wonder how this line could have passed me for such a long time. In the last few days I have been able to test Dragonfly extensively and am torn back and forth.
On the one hand a really beautiful, in comparison with the other fragrances of the line rather gentle and pleasing fellow.
On the other hand, I don't think that's enough for me. Dragonfly comes silky-soft. A hint of sweet cherry, then the smell of freshly washed laundry on the line in the wind. All accompanied and surrounded by flowers. These also look fresh and moist. In the later course of the process also something soapy, which in turn does not seem cheap (soapiness often does that, I think) but seems to provide even more freshness and lightness. It is like spraying on the early summer air soaked with budding flowers and trees.
Dragonfly is a thoroughly sweet, flowery and feathery fragrance. And absolutely feminine to me. I'm afraid so. "Unfortunately", because the zoologist-fragrances look so impudently good on the shelf...
Although he really smells beautiful - and that's probably the only fitting word - I personally wouldn't wear him. That's where the other zoologist scents kind of give me more.

Delicate nymphs ascend
The fragrance of Dragonfly is on the one hand as diverse as the eyes of a dragonfly and on the other hand as delicate and fragile as its wings and physique. It is a very pleasant, changeable fragrance that is absolutely not intrusive and exudes a fairytale-like aura. The implementation of the metamorphosis from the larva to the adult animal. A calm, relaxed mood as if you are sitting at the nearest pond watching the dragonflies dance on the water surface.

In the morning, damp haze rises over the pond, the air is filled with the smell of dew and a mixture of green and floral components, which already provide a powdery undertone. The scent is moist without being aquatic. Here, I think of rice steam, slightly dry and dusty, but still fresh and fragrant. In addition, some papyrus, slightly rough, but fittingly supporting the green part. Here and there you can hear a few croaking frogs, but they don't draw ones attention on themselves. The nymphs come to the water surface. As soon as the sun shines over the pond and the morning mist completely evaporates, the green part of the fragrance leaves me and makes room for a bouquet of flowers, which now unfolds its fullness. This creates a slightly warmer overall picture than at the beginning. Soft, dance-like, dreamy. The nymphs rise out of the water and peel their exoskeleton in the shelter of the reeds. Slowly, wings and adult bodies harden. Over time, the gorgeous colors come to light. At the end, Dragonfly completes its transformation to a sweet powdery scent. Now characterized by heliotrope and musk, the adult stage is reached and the dragonflies are buzzing over the pond until late in the evening. Their wing beats make the air vibrate. An iridescent spectacle.

The great thing about Dragonfly is the balancing act between inconspicuousness and presence. Even though it is light as a feather and rather unremarkable, it is still strong enough to last all day, exposing all those stages of metamorphosis. I find the combination of green, powder, flowers and sweetness very appealing, so that Dragonfly qualified directly as a new personal zoo member.

by Gschpusi
by Gschpusi
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular Zoologist

Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Dodo (2019) by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist