Elephant 2017

Elephant by Zoologist
Elephant is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is green-woody. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Chris Bartlett

Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2021.

Stinkypenny
As a perfume, this is unbearable; as art, it’s marvellous
While I do not like the scent, it can’t help but marvel at the composition and how it embodies the animal of the same name.

On the first spray over is hit by a trumpeting mushy green vegetation, with a soil-like quality running through. A dusty old hay stack, used as a bed for some creature starts to come through. How I have described this makes it seem as if this is a slow progression, it is not. This reminds me of a orchestral piece I went to see in Hamburg (Germany) a few years ago. It was a disjointed ensemble of clashing chords and notes that melded into something where you lost yourself in trying to pick out the individual instruments. Despite the noise art was made due to the masterful composition and performance. I feel that here. My ears thoroughly enjoyed the piece, the name of which escapes me; but elephant is a fragrance my nose is not fond of.

Looking at the notes you could never tell how violent and destructive this fragrance is (that’s the vibe I get from this, an angry/testy bull elephant). It may behave differently on skin, but I dare not try it on mine.

In the elephant enclosure
After the long lockdown I'm finally back at the zoo. I enjoy the peace and quiet there and like to watch the animals. I'm particularly taken with the apes - and the elephants. When I arrive at the enclosure of these majestic animals, I have a few branches with leaves with me, which I offer to a baby elephant. It gladly takes them with its trunk, which touches my hand. The smell is interesting. It smells like leaves, but also a bit like dung. There is also something sweet. I like the smell and stroke the little one's trunk again before I leave.

"Elephant | Zoologist is a very pleasant scent. I can't identify all the notes given. I smell out the leaves and the tea, as well as a sweet note that could come from the cocoa.

But there is something else. This composition also has a slight animalic quality to me, which actually made me immediately think of elephants. And that's without any animalic notes. After the "Hyrax | Zoologist", it is thus for me the most authentic Zoologist for the animal that gives it its name.

It is a pity that the shelf life is quite short with me. Nevertheless, a test is worthwhile in any case. The sillage is ok.
Parfumatus
The great longing for the elephant
Zoologist is in my eyes one of those modern perfume brands with a lot of potential. A nice idea, modern high-quality flacons and great fragrance descriptions simply make you want to buy this brand. Even my girlfriend, who usually doesn't care much about high-quality perfumes, found the brand's presentation interesting. And interest is, as we all know, an important quality when first contacting an unknown brand. So far so good... So it had to be bottled. And if you already order in Canada then there should be three. But primarily it was the elephant that aroused my interest. But now more about that...

Why did it have to be the elephant? This has two reasons:

The first reason is profane. I just like green scents. The smell of nature in the form of medicinal herbs, plants, etc. has a calming and vitalizing effect on me at the same time. This security of nature, which perhaps awakens a certain impulse in all of us, makes me happy.

The second reason: An elephant is simply a great animal. After a journey through the fascinating landscape of Thailand and the closer contact with elephants in a breeding station (one of the less "good" breeding stations in the country), these beautiful animals stay in my memory for a very long time. These animals as heavy as a car, strong as a rhinoceros, clever as a monkey but at the same time, if wanted so careful and cautious that despite their size and strength you feel no fear but still a lot of respect, are just great. So elephants radiate exactly what I appreciate so much in green scents. Something that people have seen for decades in medicinal plants or the power of nature, I see in elephants. The gentle giant with which I walk protected through the densely overgrown Thai forest. Although he destroys some of nature with every movement and plasters half of the path himself, he never acts as a troublemaker for me.

Full of previous friends and with some associations, I wait for the rehearsals from Canada. It took 10 days, then the rehearsal was there. The next morning I applied the scent in the form of 2 sprayers on the neck.

The first impulse: a prick in the head. What was that? Wait one more time, then smell and then a twinge of flowers. But what note is that? Magnolia? Tea? Leaves? It must be magnolia. I smell like a tropical plant that has been cut open and whose plant juices are slowly draining from the plant. Actually you should think: Yes, this is the smell I know from my florist around the corner and which reminds me of great occasions or nature. It reminds me of nature. However, it reminds me of the nature that says: if you drink the plant milk of this plant you will die, don't try it. Do not smell me for too long. I am tropical, I am dangerous I do not want to be eaten. Elephant better not eat me.

Panic ensues. This doesn't smell like any jungle I know. But I want to like the "elephant" and especially the zoologist..
I ignore the first reluctance and get in the car. A glance at the thermometer: 3 degrees. The poisonous plant is still with me. Why doesn't it get less? After 10 minutes it doesn't. The smell of the plant is annoying, it takes away my air to breathe and it keeps on stinging. Open the windows, open the roof and it gets cold. But the cold is better to bear than the smell of the plant, which insidiously keeps pushing itself into the innermost part of my head.

It's not working anymore. The smell must go down and fast
On the way to work, where I was collecting a colleague, I stormed the bathroom and tried to get rid of the elephant. He fought back with all his might, with force and stubbornness. We need soap. Wash the whole neck. Once, twice and a third time. The smell becomes less, even less and fades after a while. The elephant was furious. He doesn't want to see me anymore. And I learned that the jungle not only holds the good, but also the dangerous. At least for me
With great disappointment I get back into the car. The elephant was here. I can still smell it. My colleague smells it too. But he doesn't know from personal experience how dangerous he can be. To him, it smells like there was an old lady in the car with exotic flowers.

So ended my scent journey to the elephant in the Asian jungle. For me a great disappointment, which is probably also connected with the hypersensitivity to one of the components of this composition. I only smelled the coconut very briefly in the drydown. All that remains for me is the pungent, poisonous and for dangerous smell of the tropical blossom.

I wanted so much to like you. But we won't be friends ..
Leimbacher
I'm so full. But I like the leaf.
The tour continues through the zoological-olfactory garden of Canadian noses - "Elephant" is the next stop. A huge, green, extensive and fragrant enclosure!

"Elephant" is a milky green aphid that is completely at rest. Without any animal sounds, without stress, without danger or aggressiveness. Teenage nuances underline his relaxed disposition. Nothing and nobody can disturb this fragrance and its carrier. Maybe a wild mouse at our feet - but that's it. Milk tea, unagitated frankincense sweetness, over all a thick layer of fresh to medium-floury leaves from the jungle. Simply nice and never clumsy. Not even in a porcelain shop.

Flacon: an elephantine ambassador... nice
Sillage: an unobtrusive heavyweight
Shelf life: 8 hours tropical house feast

Conclusion: a creamy green pachyderm full of warmth, calmness and empathy. Sensitive and beautiful. Great animals. Great, fitting scent. Very wearable. Pleasantly high ten. Even if the big kick may be missing.

La Grandeur de Ganesh
Elephant begins with an intense rush of green foliage in the opening as you crash through the bushes. Then, notes of coconut milk and cacao intermingle before the expedition comes to an end in a beautifully blended base of sandalwood.

Wafts of sillage are trumpeted at a medium volume and the longevity lasts with you throughout the day. It is a truly unique experience that brings a smile to your face with every whiff.

A wonderful journey of scent through the jungles of India.

Venomrock101
Elephant is a Special Green Fragrance.
I really like Elephant, but what makes it special? Well, to me, it’s the place it takes me. The description on the site tells a story of wet canopies, lush jungles, and freshly upturned roots from the feast of the elephants, but what I get is a watering hole and a dry Saharan plain. The elephants coming out of the water, wet, but not for long as the heat whisks the water off them as they crunch over dry grass, leaving muddy footprints behind them. This is actually quite different from most of the reviews I’ve seen for Elephant, but that might just be because the cocoa and coconut notes present in the fragrance sing a lot more on my skin than they do on other people, which leads to a more dry wearing for me. Which ever way this does wear on you though, the fragrance is an incredible scent that will leave you smelling unique, but very pleasant. I do recommend you sample first to make sure you personally do like it before you buy it though.

Citrus woody tea
Powerful grassy green opening (Green Irish Tweed x 2), accompanied by earthy roots and a touch of sour citrus. The tea and citrus dominate into the mid, giving it a pleasant Earl Grey effect. Then it shifts again, turning increasingly woodsy, creamy, and masculine over time. A surprisingly creative composition with a very handsome smell.

Creamy, green sandalwood
I really love this unique fragrance! It's a tropical fragrance that is delicately woody, a bit creamy with coconut milk, the slightest touch of cacao powder that gives it a certain subtle bitterness, and a green quality that reminds me of banana leaves. Definitely gives me a jungle vibe, funny, far more than Kenzo's Jungle d'Elephant! I think it's gorgeous and works well in all seasons.
Crime scene tropical house
The door in the tropical house opens. Hot, humid air gets the glasses steamed up. Where's the elephant? Ah, he's chomping on a fig tree. The fig milk runs along the trunk, some tropical flowers are also chewed up...
Good shelf life, more than six hours in it...
Bring back the jungle in bad weather!

Elephant - Zoologist
I was lucky enough to test this sample early in its release, and as you come to expect with this house, you get something different each time. Would I wear this one?

StinkypennyStinkypenny 3 months ago
I find this incredibly offensive. Loud, brash, epically dank in a warm clear bright way. It’s not for me. Sillage is huge. Longevity is too.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
A picture made of damp soil, crushed branches and green leaves on a jungle floor recently roamed by a herd of elephants. Very artistic.

by Rotkehlchen
by Rotkehlchen
by Farbod
by Farbod
Das Plakat mit dem wandernden Elefanten beim Wandern entdeckt :-)
by Ravenous
by Ravenous
by Splitter
by Splitter
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Zoologist

Bee by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Chipmunk by Zoologist Snowy Owl by Zoologist