Hummingbird (2015)

Hummingbird by Zoologist

Hummingbird is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Cherry, Citric notes, Lilac, Lily-of-the-valley, Pear, Plum, Rose, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoney, Honeysuckle, Mimosa, Peony, Tulip, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Coumarin, Cream, Moss, Musk, Sandalwood, Blond woods

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 17.02.2020.

The scent was originally labeled as Eau de Parfum. In 2017, it was reclassified to Extrait de Parfum in accordance with the actual perfume oil concentration of 23%.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Wumms-Bird in iridescent robe
Hummingbird came as one of the first niche samples in my meanwhile nearly three-year-old perfume career to me in the house fluttered and brought me already whether the name to smile, because the small Steffi let herself with her tender 18 years contrary to the "ass antler mainstream" of this time a wonderful colorful iridescent hummingbird together with suitable flora and fauna from lower leg to foot tattoo. Somehow I thought at the sight of the sample that it was somehow a sign and I cheerfully started testing. My newcomer's nose found the fragrance very beautiful, but was nevertheless overwhelmed with the impressions of the cornucopia.
One thing I was sure of: Zoologist did not take the small Hatzi-Tatzi-Fratzi bee elf with its maximum height of 6cm and weight of 1.8g as a model, but the giant hummingbird with 22cm height and 24g weight. Because the scent has a real buzz to it Anyway, the Giant Hummingbird always disappeared a bit present in the fragrance drawer for "test it again sometime" and a few weeks ago, in really bad weather, I felt like cheering up and I reached into this drawer.
Even the first sprayer shows that we are dealing with some kind of shallow floral and fruit tangle, but that there is more to it than that. It smells as if the flowers and stems had been grated in the hand and this gives a green, ethereal, bitter impression with a subtle sweetness. I immediately find myself ocfactorically in one of their habitats in the mountains of Kulumbia. Immediately the smell of fresh and relatively unsweet fruit is added. Apple and cherry are the most effective and are sweetened by honey with increasing time. Honey is per se a difficult note on my skin, because he sometimes gets a toilet vibe from me, but here he behaves well-behaved. Cute but not clumsy. Little by little the flowers get their appearance and I can identify mimosa and honeysuckle surprisingly well, ylang-ylang adds something sweet but not sultry, the tulip contributes something clear green and then after a while the base creeps up. It preferably consists of woody tones...beautifully softly rounded.
Whoever is now wondering how all of this can or should fit together, should be told that it is quite wonderful.
Hummingbird is a strong, complex fragrance, but everything fits together so beautifully, forms a harmonious unit. That's probably why it's most likely to be considered a mainstream niche and boring for the fragrances of this niche brand. However, I was so fascinated by him that he was allowed to move in with me as a bottle. It is fascinating how authentically and naturally zoologist implements the themes of her scents whether you like to wear them or not.
The flacon is chic in zoologist style, the sprayer atomizes perfectly.
The fragrance has a good but transparent sillage and lasts around 10 hours. I am looking forward to wearing it in spring and summer... the shimmering bird.
8.0/10

Hummingbird (@Nose.Knows.No.Notes)
• ZOOLOGIST HUMMINGBIRD •

The honor of my second trying of the house of Zoologist went to Hummingbird. This is an Extrait de Parfum that opens really strong, but also instantly clearly feminine to me.

The lilac flower is the star of the show here, giving the opening an overall floral and slightly sweet scent. Now as a guy with a balcony and strictly articial flowers in his house (partially due to my cats eating flowers, partially due to my gift to let even cactuses die within a week), I'm not able to distinguish most florals. My initial connection with Hummingbird was the smell of orchids. The second main note here is honey, but in the opening I only got the sweetness and not so much the creamy or smooth texture that sometimes comes with a honey accord. Most surprisingly, when looking at the listed notes, is that I barely got any of the fruits in the opening. Pear, apple, cherry and plum are listed, but I wouldn't say this has a fruity opening at all. It's not until the drydown, where fruits become a more prominent player, turning into a sweet pear fragrance to my nose. Whereas the first hours have a slight musky and powdery undertone, the drydown also becomes much more creamier, which I really enjoyed.

Overall, this is a beautiful, smooth fragrance, but it leans overly feminine for my personal taste. Obviously everyone should be able to wear any kind of fragrance, but as long as we're using gender to label fragrances, I would be hard pressed to label this one as unisex. The drydown is more unisex to me, but the opening reminded me of female hair shampoos, however beautiful the scent may be.

Performance is good to great. It's slightly less present during the day than Zoologist's Panda was, but it opens pretty loud and as a skin scent it will last all day or into the next morning. I could highly recommend this to female readers, for the guys I'd suggest getting your hands on a sample (the discovery sets are gorgeous and Zoologist is one of the few brands that provide affordable worldwide shipping) •

Please follow my IG @Nose.Knows.No.Notes for more reviews and fragrance photography.
8.0/10

Sweet fruity floral
Very youthful and pretty, almost saccharine in nature. The fruit is the standout here—I get mostly apple and cherry—followed by fine florals like honeysuckle, rose, and ylang. Gets smoother, soapier, and creamier as it dries down. My wife, typically a floral fan, thought it was a tad too sweet and juvenile for her. Pretty in pink, but not quite our style. Regardless, a very wearable and mass-appealing fragrance.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Chanelle
Honeydew on a sea of flowers in the green valley of the spring fairies
Tinkerbell has a new favorite scent: Hummingbird! Created by my favorite fragrance artist Shelley Waddington, who otherwise produces the fabulous, fairytale-like EnVoyage fragrances, this dream of a flower perfume is one of the most commercial from the zoologist series of Victor Wong.
I love it!
At first, a delicate, but only slightly sweet breath rose to my nose, underlined by green, fresh-flowered notes. This develops in the further course of the fragrance in a creamier, green direction, in order to become increasingly flowery-velvetwoody. I can see/smell similarities with Jardins de Bagatelle, the only green Guerlain fragrance I've ever used for a long time, but JdB is less pleasing-cuddly. This makes Hummingbird superior to it.
The delicate nectar and the millions of flowerbuds form a cloud of bliss, which accompanies and inspires me for a long time.
A veritable poem! Very wearable and durable. A mainstreamer among the Zoologist creations, which nevertheless stands out positively from the mass of the flowery fragrances by its delicacy.
10.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Hummingbird Heartbeat
This scent is totally my cup of tea, so now Zoologist released a scent that I really like as well. "Hummingbird" is the next stop in the animal habitat carousel and it is a very pleasant atmosphere. The scent offers a variety of floralcy mixed with green notes and smells natural and slightly fruity.
An orchard with a rich offering of blossoms for hummingbirds that just can't wait to collect all the nectar. It turns out as a wonderful combination of tender blossom notes (some lilac, honeysuckle, tulip and of course fruit trees) and fruity nuances (to me mostly cherry and a bit of pear) that don't smell of overripe fruits. It grows into a very green floral scent, which I think is absolutely authentic and is in no way too synthetic, so that it fits a natural garden with all its facets very well. In the base note I can also sense a bit of that nice description of the hummingbird's nest which supports "Hummingbird" in being not overly sweet like a dessert in the end. It stays soft and tender and I enjoy smelling it. The scent stays with us from dusk till dawn and provides a nice image of a hummingbird's "working day". Collect a lot of nectar and rest afterwards. Very nice and close to nature. One continues to notice, that the thoughts of the makers remain focused on a lifelike representation of the animals and their habitats.

"You give me that Hummingbird Heartbeat, you spread my wings and make me fly, the taste of your honey is so sweet, when you give me that Hummingbird Heartbeat..." - Hummingbird Heartbeat, Katy Perry (2010)

Lexa 22 months ago
One of the most beautiful floral perfumes i have EVER had the honour to smell. Spring and summer flowers in a bottle. Like a hummingbird!+4
10.0

by Seejungfrau
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB

Popular Zoologist

Bat (2015) by Zoologist Rhinoceros by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Hyrax by Zoologist Dodo by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Beaver (2014) by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist