Tyrannosaurus Rex 2018

Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist
Tyrannosaurus Rex is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is smoky-resinous. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Antonio Gardoni

LeatherLeather
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 12.10.2021.

Unique
Zeer bijzonder geur.
Iedere keer iets anders.
Na het wennen, aan rokerigheid, best aangenaam en mooi.
In het begin ruikte ik alleen bosbrand geur, met Rex erin ))
Mij eerste gedachte was, of het teggen de muggen effectief zou zijn. Daarna zijn bloemen gekomen. Mooie bloemen, een beetje gebrandt.
Tweede/derde gebruik, mij indruk - het is prachtig parfum ?. Ik ruik wierlook, mooie bloemen, groen, zoet.
In het kort - zoet met rokerige balsamachtige noten.
Ideaal voor iemand, wie iets anders wilt. Op de huid van mij partner, en van mij dochter - ruikt hij helemaal anders dan op die van mij. Mij partner vindt het geweldige geur. Gezien hij geen niche liefhebber is, ben ik verbaast.
Het parfum blijft lang hangen, en, zoals ik al gezegd heb, iedere keer bij het gebruik iets anders is. Ben blij dat ik hem in mij collectie heb.

Very special scent.
Something different every time.
After getting used to, to smokiness, quite pleasant and beautiful.
In the beginning I only smelled forest fire smell, with Rex in it ))
My first thought was whether it would be effective against the mosquitoes. Then flowers came. Beautiful flowers, a little roasted.
Second/third use, I am impressed - it is beautiful perfume ?. I smell seaweed, beautiful flowers, green, sweet.
In short - sweet with smoky balsamic notes.
Ideal for someone who wants something different. On my partner's skin, and on my daughter's - it smells completely different from mine. My partner thinks it's a great scent. Considering he's not a niche enthusiast, I'm surprised.
The perfume lingers for a long time, and, as I said, slightly different each time you use it. I'm glad I have it in my collection.
First zoologist
After all the interesting reviews and descriptions had my first Zoologist here, and that was the T-Rex. To be honest I imagined it to be a bit more positive in terms of scent but damn many people really hit the nail on the head! The first few seconds it just smells like ash, not like Amouage Interlude or Midnight Oud but like something brutally torched, something cruel. After that, it becomes very leathery and the leather also remains until the end sometimes more present sometimes less. The smoky becomes slightly less and green notes start to come in. The green is also not that it breathes life in, no it brings just so dead and ruin. I find the main part has a striking resemblance to Guerlain Cuir Intense. Only that the nasty oily accord is not there. My points I give also only because it is really an art to convert the title so well into a smell but my taste is it absolutely not although I like so exceptionally many smells. The price is for me with 200€ approx. absolutely not justified in my opinion. The fragrance is also damn hard to wear, I've never had something like that ... If anyone is interested in the perfume, please test first time a sample on no account a blind buy I can only put to the heart :))
DonDonDon
Cold, empty metal ashtray at the bottom of the flower absolute tub - parfait!
When I quit smoking, one method of several that helped was to bring a full ashtray to your nose when you had a strong craving and then, very slowly and deliberately, smell it. The smell of the cold ashes and condensate was so disgusting that the acute desire to smoke was immediately relieved.

This introduction is, admittedly, rather misleading for a description of T-Rex. After all, the great Saurus doesn't actually have anything in mind with full ashtrays, at most those that have fallen into a pool full of fresh floral absolutes. Tobacco also seems rather out of place as an olfactory description, so, you might ask, what now? I'll get to that in a moment.

First, I must preface the compliment that I experience this creation as an indescribable fascination. There has perhaps been mixed from components something, which one - individually and for itself - could always clearly name and assign. The result, however, is clearly far more violent than the sum of its parts and something completely different from anything I have been privileged to know so far. Such a violent feeling of ambiguity as to what has probably been conflated here in terms of content is something I have experienced, with simultaneous enthusiasm and great emotion, only last with Stercus, and that was quite a while and several dozen rehearsals ago (technical side note: Stercus is not similar, I mention him only because he occupied my mind to a similar degree).

And by now, he's got me all hooked up, the T-Rex. But right. Today I thought for the umpteenth time, he's clearly a candidate for a positive write-up, he deserves it, he's unquestionably a great one, though probably to few. And as I've done so many times before, I pulled off the lid of my sample and sniffed full of favor, only to be struck once again with the impression that what my nose is perceiving is, linguistically, inadequate at best.

So, with that in mind, and at the same time as if I'd been given it as an assignment by an outside person, I sat down again in peace (but in peace, alone in the room, no appointments, no noises, no disturbances), held the sample up to my nose, and inhaled slowly, nostrils flared, but without "looking" ... soberly, so to speak, and without intention, haste, or goal. And suddenly there it was, that metal ashtray, poured out but uncleaned, less as a smell, more as a visual association. And above it, lots and lots of floral essence, heavy, concentrated, like clumps of lilies in a hermetically sealed smokehouse. That was the image, although neither cold ash nor lily are recognizable as such. But quite a lot of intermediate tones from these spheres.

Some reader*in will now say that I have broken me here in the attempt to put my feelings and perceptions into words, quite a broken one. Is yes right. But just so it had to come out. The T-Rex, in all its heaviness, ambivalence and uncompromisingness, has actually become one of my favorites. And that circle is very, very small. Of course, I unquestionably have a tit, a big one at that. But when T-Rex comes on in the morning, it sings songs by Roy Orbison.

What more can I say? Thank you for that scent, Zoologist. Someone had a big heart for exotics, if only those with money in their pockets. Anyway, a sample always goes.
Unique
The Zoologist line is very unique per se with the similarities to animal scents. You might think that you would never want to smell like a dinosaur or a camel etc.. But only when you let this fragrance melt on your skin, you realize that with time you really don't smell like a dinosaur but the fragrance is very special.

The first splash I must admit was really hard and much too strong, almost bitter. However, with time, the scent has developed very much in the direction of incense and resins!

2-3 spritzes are enough loooooocker.
Very difficult...
... it falls to me to describe this fragrance, but nevertheless I would like to dare the attempt my thoughts and feelings to describe.
One thing in advance: The T-Rex is one of the most violent scents that my nose ever got to smell. The second most violent also comes from the collection Zoologist, but a little later.
I became aware of this extraordinary creation through my father.
Without having read the reviews du Parfumo, I expected from Tyrannosaurus Rex a smoky resinous fragrance.
Now for the reality: a spray on the back of my hand and my expectations were exceeded several times. My father smelled blood from it, with me it was something else: I imagine the scene from the movie King-Kong, where they crash with the helicopter in a jungle, the fire prepares from the crashed helicopter to the surrounding trees, grass and earth. The leather in the base could be that of the helicopter's high quality leather seats, as well as the smoke from the burnt damp wood and the metallic from the still glowing remains of the helicopter.
Although I really like the scent of a rose, I couldn't for the life of me smell it out in this creation. What I could clearly perceive is cedar, cedar juniper, fir and later incense.
For me, I feel the T-Rex as unwearable and unfortunately also very unpleasant, I would also honestly not know to what occasion you could wear this. Certain brutality has the T-Rex, which I (now I want to briefly mention the second heaviest fragrance of Zoologist) perceive in Rhinoceros in a different way and with me other thoughts, images and feelings come up.

I have the utmost respect for those who actually wear this perfume daily and find it fragrant.

I wish all readers who embark on a journey of exploration with the Tyrannosaurus Rex to gather the most diverse experiences, associations, memories and feelings and maybe one or the other will have the same association or similar as I did.

Stay healthy and great!
He smells like my dad
Attention It becomes VERY personal and not quite pleasant. Harmony-needy please do not read on from here.

On the one hand difficult, LOUD, DANGEROUS and unbearable on the other hand he is CONSISTENT and ALWAYS there when you need him. There at least there is a harmonious aspect, unzwar the scent / smell with the personality. As a kid, I certainly didn't have an easy time growing up with a TyRex. Mainly because I would describe myself more as a Hummingbird from the Zoologist series. Until one day I learned how to fly :) However, what the two definitely have in common is that they are both reptiles and you have a hard time getting one or the other of them broken. Which again, applies to both scents. Surprising how, the one, the other does not exclude *smile*.

How does it happen that someone naturally smells like that?

My dad is actually so everything a person can be when you grow up in nature. Self-supporter, gardener, mezger, hunter, baker, forester, collector, farmer.... ...just everything :D In the house we still heat with wood and much of what we eat comes from our own cultivation, breeding. When he comes back after a long day on the tractor gate from the harvest or from sawing, then a wiff of resins, wood, animal notes, engine oil, leather from the tractor seat, blood, sweat, leaves forest herbs, pine needles, flowers and so infinitely indescribable many other things comes towards me. And since every day with wood is gehizt and in the summer much grilled, very, very much smoke.

The surroundings: lots of forest, mountains, animals, few people, harsh people.

My opinion of the fragrance:

I can understand if people do not like him. *Also again so blatant in line with the person XD*
I know him just already so well and for me he makes sense, I have him Quasi seen through.
He is who he is and that's fine.
I wonder if I'll ever want to wear it on my skin myself? WHO KNOWS? Maybe when I pay another visit to the village and sit around the campfire, I don't think he'll make any difference anyway. Judging by the comments, it stays quite a long time and it smells like that on paper.

I think it's funny and awesome to see the comments and how people spray this scent on themselves to smell just like this. LOVES IT!!!!
Fear of the giants
Before I had tested this fragrance, I had to read through the comments here first and I was honestly afraid after what I probably meets there at monsters.

So a careful spray on the back of the hand and then it went directly, the sillage is overwhelming, it comes a fresh spicy scent, association to forest, probably rather primeval forest come directly on. It has something wild, fresh, fruity, herbaceous. I am first what overtaxed but nevertheless the opening is very very beautiful if one has understood and accepts these 2 stages, the Erzgebirger smoking man and the spice cupboard, which are set off at the beginning from each other and are not mixed. It becomes from schnupperer to schnupperer immmer more floral. So I got through the volcano with tough and temperature-resistant herbal plants as well as bubbling lava and burning wood into the magical realm of the dinosaurs. I am confronted with really beautiful flower chords that have nothing romantic but adventurous and untouched. To make a short excursion from the analogy of the primeval giants. So I imagine the few untouched treasures of our planet, the rainforest in which fortunately no poacher invaded. Sweet, strong, floral and somehow biting dangerous.
But now back to our primeval giants.
I stroll through these seas of flowers and come slowly into the hard woods pure, me entgegenen earthier notes, it comes through the woods and exiting tree resins clearly and thus ends the exceedingly long excursion into the realm of giants. The durability is really huge. You won't get rid of the scent that quickly and I'm not sure yet if I want to wear it in the urban jungle, rather do one or 2 spritzes on the neck. My usual 5 would be here really a monster and I can not do that to my fellow man.

Nice interesting scent. Was my number 1 from the 20s Zoologist sample set. So more comments and statements to come. Thanks again for this, @Leimbacher, has now already been worth it :D
Performance Beast
A pleasantly burnt, smoky-leathery, slightly metallic, dark berry, ultra-masculine scent with the fiercest Beast performance I've ever experienced. One spray lasts longer than a day. Awesome!
1.5
Hideous beast
Scent:
I've never tested a fragrance I found so horrible. Immediately, a chemical-like, pungent sharpness rises into the nose, which smells so disgusting to me; like cigarette residues with corrosive substances. But behind this scent there are still some small but at least pleasant floral notes, from which I have to turn away immediately. Each of my three tests stank horribly for me and I felt slightly nauseous.

After a few minutes I couldn't stand this monster anymore and I had to wash down the perfume splash - and it was only one - again with soap. At that moment it felt like a recovery from a nightmare. I think the scent is so bad, you could use it as a torture device without any fun.

And I find the ingredients of the fragrance to be of high quality as well.

H+S:
A splash of perfume can already be felt very strongly and almost knocks me over. Even the finger with which I triggered the atomizer already smelled of the stuff. Although I can't stand the stench for long, I imagine an excellent durability for it.

Flacon:
This one looks very stylish in the pictures. I like all the animals of the zoologist-en very much.
All in all, this fragrance has impressed me so much (negatively) that I am writing my first comment on Parfumo here.
Chizza
Please use fire/time superlatives here
When I had the opportunity to test the T-Rex, I was very excited about this opportunity. If you just read about it, you expect virtually brutality and bloodshed to be sprayed on. What would this scent be like? The first whiff of the atomizer and I was very overwhelmed, then decided to put on Iron Duke for shopping, this seemed more innocuous to me. In retrospect a fallacy, because the T-Rex here, it's not an all trampling smasher, but rationally seen simply woody, swampy with resins. But from the front:

On my first test, I found that my five-year-old son was testing. Every day he has unusual scent wishes, which you can then guess what might fit. On this day the T-Rex fit well (I had made it tasty for I don't own a lion perfume) and so we both tried it, which helped me to have a closer look at the effect of the perfume
Now at the beginning it is incredibly difficult to smell out of all the scents, xx works in this or that way. But what is insanely present from the beginning is for me the laurel leaf. For me it smells and tastes just like that one when cooked. Sure, you don't eat it, but I am talking about the taste on the tongue. Undeniably the T-Rex seems metallic, which for me is due to the laurel, among other things.
In general, one includes a swampiness as well as that metallic element, which in combination is a successful combination, if one applies the scale of the concept fragrance. Can I imagine such primeval, sultry forests? Yes, I can. Does it make me think of fires or do I associate the metallic element with a carnivore and its greed for blood? You have to interpret a lot into that In general, the mixture of incense, juniper and other resins is very aromatic, here in the expression not even so strongly but discreetly used. With advancing time, these notes play a more important role, but do not change fundamentally. Subliminally I also notice the civet, but much more softly than usual.

Well, in the end Tyrannosaurus Rex is a very nice swampy and primeval forest scent. It contains a lot of green from the more aromatic variety, it also contains muted resins and a lot of floral (which is not so present in my case) but it doesn't express carnage, no devastating forest fire. But his Sillage is impressive. The children's room needed an intensive ventilation.
This leads to the last question: is this fragrance for me art which I like to perceive olfactorically? Or is it even perfume for me, is that how I would like to smell? It is not about the perception of the environment.

ZerkaloZerkalo 1 month ago
T-Rex:"I am death, the destroyer of worlds. But don't worry - smile, we have some flowers to the burials."
Asteroid:"Someone hold my beer".
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 9 months ago
A complex dusty leathery, yet challenging and smoky, floral earthy-woody Winter fragrance, with a pungent spicy/animalic dark green opening.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Complex, resinous, dark & smoky! The strong florals contribute for a lesser animalic & earthy footprint. This lord dino really pleases me.

by Kovex
by Yharnam79
by Arimana
by Arimana

Popular Zoologist

Bee by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Chipmunk by Zoologist Snowy Owl by Zoologist