Bee by Zoologist
Bee is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-gourmand. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesOrangeOrange
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 25.07.2021.

GreenViper
At home in the honeycomb
My fragrance journey through the world of Zoologist now goes into the next stage with the bee.
Take a Nimm2 candy (the one with the liquid core, which you try to get off your teeth with your tongue for about 20 minutes after sucking). One imagines the Bonbon with honey taste, the core likewise with honey taste.
After desperate attempts to loosen the sticky honey core, one reaches now for the Propolis cough juicepulle and rinses the mouth still strongly with it.
With this association one hits the smell of Bee pretty exactly on the point.
Now, Zoologist is known for hitting users' noses with a sledgehammer, which can be both subjectively positive (like the incense in Squid) and negative (like the tea in Elephant).
But Bee's soft beeswax hammer already makes for a good nasal mood.
I wanted to eat myself all day or alternatively chase the bee and spread myself in the honeycomb :-).
Durability and sillage are super, only the price could be a little cheaper.
But a flacon as a hive must still move in with me.
Notausgang
At home with the queen bee
Bee is the scent of the fuzzy fur of tiny honeycomb workers tending to their elegant, lofty queen.
Soft little animals crowd me from all sides. A continuous buzz fills the air, making my body tingle. There is a hint of floral sweetness in the air - the bees are returning from their day outdoors, pollen clinging to their fur. The honey is tucked away inside the hive in waxy, fragrant combs.

This scent has everything it takes to make me happy - resinous warmth, beeswax (I have a whole block of it at home and it's an absolutely intoxicating scent), soft musk, floral and vanilla sweetness balanced by some acidity (which I assume comes from orange/ginger/labdanum). It's extremely round, with great depth and as if from an alien world. Beautiful.

The only problem I've encountered is that this scent is so flawless and self-contained that other everyday scents strongly conflict with it, creating a disharmony.

So presumably this is the scent of the queen bee after all, who makes herself comfortable and is cared for by her loyal subjects with royal jelly - everything around her corresponds to her ideas and wishes, there is no room for disturbing things in her hive.

Save the Bees
great similarities with the perfume of Kilian - Back to Black.
However, this fragrance lays a shovel more on it.

In short, this fragrance reminds me of a sweet bowl full of honey and date syrup. Very sweet scent and extremely intense.

Here 2 spritzes are quite enough. The sillage is exaggerated good and almost too strong therefore my recommendation, rather less syringes than more.

I find suitable for the evening, but not for the office. Am sure that this fragrance is no longer riehbar only after two days.

I love the Dü¨fte of Zoologist and the whole basic idea behind it. Therefore, from me an absolutely justified good review.
Colorful flower meadow
First of all, thank you to dear Embla for letting me test this fragrance thanks to her rambling letter! *_*

I personally always perceive the bee as a very warm and sunny little animal. That was also perfectly packaged into a scent here for my taste. I am so surprised at the variability of this scent.... i was more or less expecting a honeycomb scent.
But what do you get?

In the first moment I'm in the middle of the hive and must think of an old N64 Game (Banjo and Kazooie) in which you always get extra honeycomb (life energy) at the bee in the hive. And you can smell it. Waxy but still sugary honeycomb. The fragrance royal jelly is interesting, because royal jelly also has wonderful anti-ageing and also health-promoting property.

The bee then makes its way out of the hive to the flower meadow. The sun is shining, flowers are in all bright colors in the meadow and the bee is humming happily. I imagine that these are many colorful wildflowers, at the edge there are still some forsythia bushes and cherry blossom trees in full splendor. The bee is busy collecting its pollen and large pollen grains are already accumulating on its hind legs.

Nearby, a meadow somewhere is freshly mowed and the light breeze carries the scent over.

The day has been long and tiring for the bee, the sun is sinking lower and a sweet warmth is spreading on the bee's wings. Now she knows it is time to return to the hive. A warm woodiness streams from the hive and the sweet note of honey radiates a faint note of clay from afar.
Comfortable warmth welcomes the bee back to the hive.

A successful day in the flower meadow comes to an end
The Queen
Concept clearly hit.

Honey, honeycomb and slightly floral.

So dense you have to cut the air around the carrier to get to it.

A clear concept statement, loud, deep, truly beautiful and as a perfume, INFINITE.

After one wear all over the place.... Everything I touched that day smelled like Bee for days.

Definitely try it out. At least to wear it then but not to be able to visit this work of art now and then
Church of Bees
Maybe this is what a church in the bee universe could smell like. Warm, spicy, sweet and kind of sticky. The scent is very intense but compared to other Zoologist perfumes, you won't be slain by this one
DieFüchsin
From little bees and flowers
I sprayed the first spray of Bee on my forearm an hour ago. The 2 samples were there much faster than expected.
Even before I smelled my arm, a scent of delicious, tart grainy forest honey hit me and I briefly groaned in pleasure.
The next minute, the scent changed almost by the second, I couldn't keep up. At first it was backed by fruity orange, at one point I wanted to lick my arm. But I am also someone who eats honey pure.
It makes me long for summer. Lying on a flower meadow and watching the bees buzzing, pollinating and looking pretty.
After a few minutes, a delicate floral undertone came to it. Meanwhile, one smells powdery, creamy sandalwood and musk out, which I find the best so far.
And how beautifully designed are these bottles. No surprise to me that Bee was a finalist in The Art and Olfaction Awards.

Honey Galore
Notes: Orange, Ginger Syrup, Royal Jelly, Brrom, Heliotrope, Mimosa, Orange Flower, Benzoin, Labdanum, Musks, Sandalwood, Tonka and Vanilla

Perfumer: Cristiano Canali

A beautiful, very sweet, syrupy, realistic honey fragrance. This is done perfectly, from the opening till the drydown this is a gorgeous Honey fragrance. The best honey based fragrance that I have tried to date.

Instagram: ovaissaleem_
A truly gossamer honeypot
I only recently became aware of the Zoologist brand here - and was extremely intrigued! I read through the fragrance descriptions - and the first one I wanted to try was "Bee" - it just sounded too tempting. No sooner said than done - the really high price bravely disregarded and the little bee came RuckZuck angeflogen.

The first impression: A beautiful presentation - packaging, bottle, print are a dream for me.

Then came the first spray on my skin - and I was enchanted. Very unique, something unlike but incredibly exciting. Of course, the really strong honey scent first rose to my nose. But not sticky, artificially sweet, but like the aroma of a really good forest honey. Bittersweet, woody, warm.
Then comes the smell of wax combs and a few dandelion flowers. In the end, I imagine a hive in the middle of the forest with warm wood, and a few fresh flowers and shoots at the smell. After about 30 minutes, the bittersweetness was still through a few powdery notes to the creamy honey.
Personal conclusion: I like the fragrance very much. I find it totally wearable for me and I like to surround myself with the aroma. The longevity is extremely long, yet the fragrance strength does not slay me. With this fragrance I will certainly either the mistress of Winnie the Pooh or the Gingerbread Man - I'll be surprised!

Cartoon honey
Have you ever watched Winnie the Pooh, and seen the scene where he breaks into the bee hive and starts eating and playing around in all the honey? That’s what this fragrance smells like. While others in the house might take me to the natural environment of the animal they seek to portray, this instead takes me into Winnie the Pooh, as it’s an almost cartoon portrayal of the scent of honey, and it is amazing. Incredibly warm and gooey, with little of the animalic touches that can make other Zoologists so challenging for other people, Bee is also probably one of their most crowd pleasing scents as well. It opens up incredibly rich, and sweet with a kinda waxy honey note and what kinda smells like brown sugar to me. After the opening some of the floral notes begins to appear though still sweetened by the honey, so it comes across more like nectar then like you’re actually smelling a flower. Even though honey (or to use the term Zoologist uses, Royal Jelly) is only listed as one of the top notes, I get it the entire way trough the fragrance. Which is extraordinary considering how much of a longevity beast this fragrance is. The late dry down also picks up with some vanilla and woody touches that I guess could be considered the smell of the actual hive itself. An all around absolutely delightful gourmand experience that will have you sniffing your wrist the entire way through its life span, I definitely recommend but from what I have seen from other reviewers it’s definitely a little divisive, so try before you buy.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Bee starts with a subtle orange and a very pungent honey / beeswax. In the middle, it's floral and resinous. Then benzoin, labdanum, vanilla
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 5 months ago
After a pronounced spicy/floral sweet opening, this creamy oriental-floral Gourmand, slowly settles to a warm and gentle resinous-sweet base
TrippilippiTrippilippi 10 months ago
Sweet and creamy honey with a hint of wood, good projection, long lasting
Syzygy73Syzygy73 1 year ago
Bee is a lush blend of honey, beeswax and white florals. Blissful and indulgent and a must have for gourmand lovers.
LemonadiLemonadi 1 year ago
Beautiful, cozy, calming and soft. No sirup-y honey but rather soft soothing honeycomb. Lasts forever. Straight to my top 10.

by Entenradio
by Notausgang
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Zoologist

Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Dodo (2019) by Zoologist Snowy Owl by Zoologist