Koala by Zoologist

Koala is a new perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is green-fresh. The longevity is above-average.

Top Notes Top NotesEucalyptus, Honey, Menthol, Mimosa
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlack tea, Geranium, Frankincense, Spices, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Amber, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Sandalwood

Submitted by DerOlli, last update on 11.08.2020.

Venomrock101
Menthol, honey, and tea, oh my!
Holy moly, Zoologist really knocked it out of the park with this fragrance. I ordered Koala as a sample the day it was finally released to the public and when it got here I managed to go through it within three days, and ordered a full bottle shortly after. My favorite part of this scent would probably have to be the menthol honey gumdrop accord. The menthol gives it a really unique kind of dusty scent that reminds me of Tiger Balm, while the eucalyptus comes and moistens it back up again leading to the perfect balance of dry and wet. Meanwhile, even though it’s not listed as a note, I get a really citric/lemony experience in the background of the fragrance that really brightens it up a lot, which I think may be one of the facets of the eucalyptus note. Just as the citrusy brightness sings, black tea and incense come and ground it to prevent it from becoming too overpowering in the fragrance. The black tea reminding me slightly of Le Labo’s Thé Noir 29, but obviously not featured as strongly as in that fragrance. This fragrance is just amazingly blended and managed to put all the notes together in a way where they just compliment each other all the way through the fragrance’s life on my body, and I honestly just don’t have much else to say about it. You just have to try it and experience it for yourself because it, almost overnight, rose to become my favorite scent from this house. Big kudos to Victor and Spyros.
Outback trip
Not only is the koala probably one of the cutest animals of all, but the scent pyramid of the new Zoologist creation made me sit up and take notice.
It is even said that your own hands smell of eucalyptus when you scratch the fluffy fur of one of these cute little animals.

So far so good
Arriving in the koala habitat the journey starts with eucalyptus and menthol in the prelude, underlaid with a strange, somewhat acidic note. Unfortunately I miss the honey here. I think this would have made the top note much better After looking around among the eucalyptus trees and seeing one or two of the little bears in the treetops, we are now enjoying the full force of a peppery note of incense.
While the pepper slowly fades away, a slight hint of rosebush is noticeable at the edge of the habitat.
To continue watching the animals in a relaxed atmosphere we sit down under the trees and unpack the black tea we brought with us. Unfortunately the aroma is hardly noticeable due to the clouds of the dominant incense.
Apparently the tart, masculine-looking incense also has a somewhat deterrent effect on the koalas. None of the animals want to approach us, although it was promised that these are particularly tame specimens that like to be close to humans.
Finally the animals say goodbye completely and we remain a little disappointed between the clouds of smoke.
KingLui
Go to where the koala bear grows
Shock, shock, heart in my pants, oh no, oh no: I ordered the complete Zoologist Sample Set instead of single samples, because that was the only option where you could get the koala sample. And now it's not even there or what?! Oh yes, there it is. Oops. And of course there is a handwritten greeting again
I am quite sure that koala does not contain any pepper at all, but I smell it anyway in the very first moment. It's the frankincense. It makes the smell hot for my nose. The essential oils of mint and eucalyptus with the flowery background are beautiful. Small side note: Here in the pyramid there is honey and menthol, but on the inside of the sample letter it says "Menthol Honey Gumdrop".

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for mint notes in perfumes to create a detergent association in my case. When I smell concentrated on my wrist, I recognize the individual ingredients, but the scent blows into my nose as a cloud, I think of friends who have detergent as a family scent - which is certainly simply due to the detergent.

Let's come back to incense again: It is clearly too clear for me here. Eucalyptus mint flower alone would have been nice Now it is my bad luck that I simply do not like incense at all and only tolerate it in tiny doses. Nevertheless I would have liked to have a green-etheric one under a koala scent, which at the same time radiates the lightness of life: Hanging around and munching eucalyptus, mating maybe every 2 to 3 years, but only when the female calls*, otherwise no obligations.

What a day in the life of a real koala bear is like
*To determine the time of mating is a female thing with the koalas. At the earliest when the offspring of the previous year is independent, but often only every two to three years. (planet-wissen.de)

by Baran1984
by Baran1984
by Venomrock101
by Venomrock101

Popular Zoologist

Camel by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Rhinoceros by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Dodo by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist