Seahorse 2021

Seahorse by Zoologist
Seahorse is a new perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is aquatic-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesGuatemala cardamomGuatemala cardamom
FennelFennel
Ambrette seed absoluteAmbrette seed absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesClary sageClary sage
TuberoseTuberose
NeroliNeroli
Base Notes Base NotesAlgae absolute
VetiverVetiver
AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Splitter, last update on 14.01.2022.

Let the summer begin
I will start by saying that I am a big fan of the Zoologist brand but also of the Perfumer, Julien Rasquinet. So when I heard that they will release a perfume I got very excited about it and wanted to test it right away.

Lucky for me, I got the chance to do it so I will share the opinion with you:

It has a hars start, thanks to the fennel I think, this is strong spicy smell for me at least and I can feel it stronger than all the rest, after few minutes the cardamom and the ambrette seed are also noticed.
If you judge this perfume by the opening, it will not win you over .. the same happened with me, I was ready to give it a 7 and that is it, but luckily after 10 - 15 minutes it becomes very nice, marine and nicely balanced. The fennel gets in the background and the clary sage, neroli and seaweed start to come to life.

I feel in the later drydown some notes of ambergris accord, because Zoologist do not use real animal products in their perfumes.

Overall this is a solid release and I like what Julien did here, it is a very pleasant, out of office in holiday type of smell which reminds you of the sea breeze and sun, exactly what it says on the tin.

RazvanykeRazvanyke 1 month ago
Nice summery aquatic with funny start due to fennel but gets better after a few minutes with cardamom, clary sage and dark vetiver. I like!

by Razvanyke
by Razvanyke

Popular Zoologist

Bee by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Chipmunk by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist