Sloth by Zoologist
Sloth is a new perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is earthy-fruity. The longevity is above-average. Pronunciation

Prin Lomros

Top Notes Top NotesCamomile, Açaí, Lavender, Violet leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesTagetes, Beeswax, Aniseed, Spikenard, Jasmine, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesHay, Frankincense, Myrrh, Mushrooms, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 24.10.2020.

Anthills
Once again a zoologist, who I like all around. It happens often, but often also that I cannot do so much with them, because the idea of the animal can of course also bring something animalistic with it and at one point or another they overstimulate it with it. Tyrannosraurux Rex has therefore driven me out of primeval times and with Hyrax, a small shitting animal under the South African sun (I recommend the article Klippschliefer on Wikipedia for information about Hyraceum and its producers), the fun stopped with me. Squid was much too synthetic for me and that was a big disappointment, because I was really very curious about how they would olfactorically transform an octopus, because it is one of my favourite animals.
On the other hand, I liked Bat (old and new; I like to watch bats at night), as well as Rhinoceros and Chameleon (I only know them from the zoo, but I find both original as creatures), where the idea of the animal was congenially realized, and many others
So here's a sloth. And indeed, this time again almost everything fits: The green of the habitat in the tropical rainforest (associations vary between grass and hay), the fruits of the food (already a bit overripe fruit and leaves, but that's what sloths like), the earthy and mushroomy of the forest floor in South America, exotic flowers blooming around in the jungle, and the animalistic, which surely has such a shaggy creature in itself (cumin, nard, but everything in moderation, because sloths don't sweat much, because they don't move too much, as I heard).

This now reads almost more chaotic than it actually smells: In the top note, I briefly smell a few funny mushrooms, a soft, almost pale camomile, a lot of grassy and todays green, which is also becoming more and more dominant, a pleasant touch of animalism, no more than this drop of civet or castoreum in old fragrances, - to summarize this precisely for you again
Yharnam79
The beauty lies in the nose of the beholder / The beauty of being lazy / Chill presence
On this occasion, I would like to start with the moralizing finger, because it seems to me that when reading the recently published comments and statements, objectivity is no longer considered necessary when evaluating fragrances. The introduction would probably apply to other fragrances and brands as well, but it just made sense, because I am about to evaluate and comment on a new zoologist.
So if you are not interested in my introduction or if you just want to inform yourself about the fragrance, you can simply read on at "SLOTH"...

Of course, evaluations are always subjective. However, if I assume that comments are mostly read by people who are really interested in getting an idea, then an "I hate zoologist" or a comparison with day-old food under the bed (who the hell has ever smelled that at home?!) is probably not very meaningful or even helpful.
I also admit openly that with this introduction I want to break a stick for zoologists (and possibly polarize them with it), because I have the impression that it is always (the same) people who make sweepingly derogatory comments about this brand (possibly this is also the case with other brands) - it is also gladly stated openly that the corresponding scent has not (yet) been smelled. Down is voted but nevertheless.
Often in this process, completely unsuitable (because completely different fragrance concept) fragrances are compared, which anyway represent and will always represent the holy grail of the perfume world. And compared to this, every other fragrance is a disgusting stinking catastrophe
One could now accuse me of advertising for zoologists here. But I wouldn't know what I should get out of it; that's why I can't get the scents cheaper.
In addition, one can recognize with two times or more exact looking that I already evaluated quite also different zoologist critically or flatly said badly. Because I tested them and simply did not like them subjectively - out of no other motivation.
But yes, on the whole I can do a lot with the brand and the concept, and I'm very fond of this kind of fragrance and especially of experimental fragrances. It can and needn't smell like Aventus (kink crack and little side blow to the previous paragraph)...
Nevertheless, I think about myself that I always try to describe here as factually as subjectively colored it is possible when I comment on fragrances.
And I don't like baseless hype - neither up nor down.

Since it really got even more overflowing than feared, I close now immediately and finally get to the fragrance.

Thanks for your patience
----------Ende-------------Introduction-------------------------------

SLOTH:

I am - with very few exceptions - actually not a friend of fruits in fragrances. Maybe also because I don't like sweet scents very much. Citric ones even less The opening was therefore a small challenge (or even a pleasant change?):
Fruit right away. Something between berries and banana
Cute? Yeah, I guess. Sort of. But not gourmand or bubblegum-y. Overripe (means not rotten!) one could possibly say; or for lack of a better word, "natural". Especially since the fruits here are covered by dark, still rain-damp and partly mossy soil.
Far away somewhere Levender and chamomile are in bloom. Barely directly perceptible and yet present.
Out of the damp, rocky and muddy earth, huge tree trunks rise up. They are also partly covered with moss and overgrown with exotic mushrooms, whose different aromas are spread everywhere. There may also be one or the other poisonous companion. And the one or other already trampled.

For me, the mushrooms also draw a kind of DNA connection to Prin's Aran, which also has a completely different scent character. The DNA-connection is then strengthened by the quite characteristic and meditative-etheric looking nard.

At first in the just described mixture everything is quite bizarre. But bizarre is not negatively occupied here. As far as this is possible, I even mean it quite neutral. Like a surprise which is not clear if it is joyful or stupid. First of all it is a surprise. Unusual. New. Exciting. A little challenging. Maybe even a little exciting However, it is already clear: not everyone likes surprises...
In summary for all this, the fragrance could be described as spicy-earthy and pleasantly musty. Fruity I would personally let out. Although the overripe fruits always play along, I resist internally to call it fruity. Fruity for me personally means something like fresh or sweet or even summery and invigorating and usually also citric. But all this does not apply to some extent here. If the word "earthy-sweet" was a fixed term, I would have chosen it.

SLOTH does not have a rushing fragrance full of new nuances and facets. But he doesn't need to However, if it is still a bit bizarre, spicy, "earthy-sweet" and a little musty at first, honey beeswax and beautifully unflowery flowers will be added to the mushroom pot later on. In the end the smell becomes surprisingly creamy, which in my opinion is mainly due to the tonka bean. This makes the whole fragrance a bit more pleasing in the final stage and (unfortunately?) takes away a few corners. I personally can't perceive any vanilla at all.

So it then chills on the skin for the next few hours.
Turn briefly and roll the wet earth in the fur on the tree trunk while you unimpressed crush a few mushrooms and enjoy an overripe banana and a few berries. Still short pee and sleep on.
----------Conclusion--------------------------------------

SLOTH is definitely not a crowdpleaser and probably far from what you would generally call a mainstream scent.
For me personally, this is what makes up a large part of the appeal, for others it may be a knockout criterion.
Although he has a lot of humming and presence he is rather chilly.
However, if you don't like experimental fragrances, fragrances that smell more like nature than synthetics and/or design or simply don't like a certain amount of muff and dirt, you should not enjoy or even like SLOTH.
And who hates "zoologist" even less...
Those to whom these criteria do not apply can confidently risk a test. The rest is a matter of taste
Thanks for reading it.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 143 days ago
A rather heavy, yet slowly shifting Mid season fragrance (from fruity/floral to spicy/floral), on a very complex, yet soft green-earthy base

by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp

Popular Zoologist

Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Bee by Zoologist Squid by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Dragonfly by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Macaque by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Dodo (2019) by Zoologist Bat (2020) by Zoologist Panda (2014) by Zoologist