Squid 2019

Squid by Zoologist
Squid is a popular perfume by Zoologist for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is aquatic-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper
Drawing inkDrawing ink
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
BenzoinBenzoin
MuskMusk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 30.09.2021.

Requiem for an Octopus
Far down in the depths of the Mariana Trench, where hardly any sunlight penetrates, stands a large old Gothic church. Today, the funeral service for Krake Paul is taking place there. After he has sensationally predicted all the German games at the 2010 World Cup, he was unfortunately no longer granted a long life.

So quite fresh is the corpse but no longer, or the lid does not close properly, because in addition to the impressions of deep blue heavy water with little sunlight also mixes a somewhat unpleasant fishy smell in the noses of the guests present. But maybe one of the present sweats very much or is very nervous, because somehow it is very animal animal in here.

The priest has meant it very generously with the incense, but perhaps he himself has also noticed the fishy smell unpleasant and he wanted to cover it up. Or is the scent emitted by the long unworn Sunday suits of the visitors? Is it possibly the scent of mothballs? Anyway, the fishy smell is gone, thankfully....

So slowly all you smell is incense and old clothes, but is that any better? That's where the sperm whale comes in. Very late, of course, but fragrant as ever. How does he do that? Did a buffalo sneak into the congregation? No, how could he breathe underwater. But somehow the smell seems to be slightly present. Maybe this was the sperm whale's last meal. Anyway, with the smell of the whale, it's definitely possible to hang around here for a while.

After about 4h the celebration is over. The mourners have left, but the smell of the whale and the incense stays for a while and stays and stays and stays......

Conclusion:
The beginning is spectacularly aquatic, like nothing I've ever smelled before. Unfortunately, the fishy smell comes through unpleasantly every now and then. After that it becomes almost only incense and incense until at some point the amber shines through.

Apart from the scenery described above, this perfume would go well with Wednesday Addams or anyone who feels, dresses or similar. Gothic girls with aquarium, this is your fragrance!
Prestig0s
Luckily I don't smell like fish
The octopus... One of my favorite zoologist perfumes. How did I get interested in this fragrance? I think in the middle of last year it started for my interest in zoologist fragrances because I saw Youtube videos of the Rex.

Have long dithered with me to order a test set as it costs quite a bit with delivery costs.... One of the scents is the squid.

It is interesting how the fragrance is received by different people. For me it is aquatic, powdery and slightly woody. Perfect for work because not too intrusive.

Conclusion: recommended for all those who want to smell different from the standard without it to tarnish

SmellsFargo
Top 3 favorite scent of all time, and it ain't 3.
Move over Interlude Man, there's a new sheriff in town, bucko. In my opinion, this is the true blue beast. I figured since it's in the 50s today in New York City it's cool enough to spring this. imma keep it real with you guys, out of the hundreds of fragrances that have smelled, it's hard for me to truly have an all-time number one but this comes close and it's definitely top two. It's just something about it, whether its the salt or the resins or the incense or the complexity, because this is basically two different fragrances throughout its life. In the beginning it smells like an evil underwater aquatic pastor that preaches the benefits of eating live dolphins (you know the kind Ursula from The Little mermaid would have attended). And in the second half, I could imagine that this is what Blackbeard smelled like after one too many days in the ocean, smelling of pure sea salt and and sun tanned skin, crew at hand telling him that they should have docked land four days ago, and As the untreated syphilis starts to settle and alter his brain, the cries from his crew are naught but a faint shriek from the mermaids that he thinks hes sailing with. There's nothing that I don't love about this damn fragrance, whether it's longevity(14+ on my skin), the ability to fill a room with only 2 sprays, the sillage I leave behind, the presentation and story behind him; one of what I consider true blue masterpieces.
Incense in salt water
Great scent.
Resinous, balsamic, salty, lots of incense, plus slightly aquatic on my skin, but dark.

More like a church in the deep sea at night.

Several times on the street to this been addressed...Sillage absurd (remains forever in the house, on the street, in the supermarket in the air) and durability enormous (for days).

Zoologist delivers quality and uniqueness. Squid is the "entry level" Zoologist for me, along with Bee, because it's still gently tuned and not as abrasive as Rhinoceros or T-Rex.

Meanwhile, also well available in Germany.

That would be a great signature scent
Pollita
The hunt for the ink killer
Polly Kirchhoff arrived late at the scene of the crime. One of her chickens had escaped again and she had had to search for it before it fell into the fox's clutches. "Not a pretty sight," muttered her colleague P. Chizza von Lederstein. "She was strangled, and afterwards he rammed the fountain pen down her throat. Probably it was quick and she didn't notice too much of it," he continued. "Who found her," asked Polly. "Her friend," replied Von Lederstein. "She didn't show up for an appointment, and since she's always reliable, the lady got suspicious and went straight to the apartment with the super," von Lederstein replied.

"Do you smell that," asked Polly. "He must have used scented ink. Those scented cartridges were around when I was in school. That stuff hasn't been on the market for ages." "Nostalgic, I suppose," replied von Lederstein. "But to me, while it smells sweet, it also smells distinctly aquatic." "Not aquatic, though," Polly agreed. "That's the sort of nasty aquatic my ex-husband wears. Phtaloblue by Tauer. The calone is so pervasive on him that all you can smell in the dissection room is that perfume. The cadavers can't compete with that. This is sweeter, softer. Though already with a bit of salt and a hint of sea, but here I sniff out a fine amber note and Opoponax. That's really nice Just a little sweet. OK, the murder's not nice. I must have expressed myself wrong."

"True, now that you mention it," replied von Lederstein. "It's really not typically aquatic. This crazy vet I used to date always liked to wear Cool Water Woman. This ink here doesn't smell like that at all. But tell me. Doesn't your boyfriend smell funny these days? I haven't noticed anything like that on him yet, but it's not just from work at the zoo, the way he always smells. Reminds me of animals and their habitats, but sometimes the scents are also really beautiful and special."

"That's right, oh my god," Polly cringed. "Yeah, he's had an intern for a few weeks. It's some perfume geek who ordered a Discovery set from Zoologist. That's a Canadian perfume house. They employ creative minds like Prin Lomros and Dr. Ellen Covey. They always use my boyfriend as a test subject. You mean that kid, what's-his-name, Jeremy, I think? He's an influencer. That's why he always has perfume samples with him everywhere, because he's introducing fragrances on the internet and acting like he's permanently on coke or speed."
"Hmm, drugs and the perfume samples. Could fit," agreed P. Chizza. "Let's go search his apartment and see if we can find any evidence. All that's missing is the motive.

Fortunately, it didn't take long with the confession. And the motive of the "Ink Killer" was quickly established. She had been echauffeiert, as he spoke in his videos about women. There was a heated argument and, in the aftermath, the pen landed in her jugular. "Young people," von Lederstein muttered. "How they always have to react like that. I'm sure it's not the perfume, it relaxes me." With a smile, he fished a bottle of Chanel Egoiste out of his man's handbag and treated himself to two sprays. "Me too," Polly counters. "And despite all the cruelty today. I like this squid. It's a bit different, if it has to be a sea scent. You just have to like it sweet."

Inspired by Nele Neuhaus.
Many thanks to Heikeso for the sample.
Crazy stuff... kind of
I belong to the minority that likes Aquaten very much, so a test of the squid was virtually mandatory.
So from the last Sharing ne sample bought and off goes the wild ride :-)

And that in the true sense of the word!

The first impulse after spraying was yesterday: Puuuuhhh !!!
For me almost nasty, an indefinable and for an aquatic much too sweet composition spread on the back of the hand.
In fact, a very similar impression, as a long time ago with the Bleu Turqoise, with which I also did not warm.

The first two hours of the Squid were a roller coaster ride, a restless, confused back and forth, in which it was not foreseeable where the fragrance actually wants.
That period of time was pretty rough for me, short of scrubbing it down.

Then the blue slowly calms down and settles. Very slowly, the aquatic theme became apparent to me, with the emphasis on slowly.

After a whopping five hours I found Squid then actually very beautiful and now the water was also clearly recognizable in the foreground.
However, it remains even in the long-lasting drydown rather in the sweetish range.

Conclusion:
The Squid is not a light fragrance, but demands quite a lot from its wearer.
Surprisingly, it was for me that I liked him after the disastrous start to good end yet good.
Nevertheless, he remains for me for an aquatic over the complete life unfortunately just too sweet.
For me rather no recommendation, because I do not want to torture myself for hours until something (for me) acceptable comes out in the end.

What I must concede him, however:
Exciting he is and for people who stand on such confused and changeable fragrances absolutely worth a test.
Whether I want to do me the first two hours, however, a second time I do not know yet.

Nevertheless:
Dare you, for me Squid was after a long time again a real experience :-)
Aquatic Animalism
Quietly, the giant squid made its way over Challenger Deep. He did not notice the approaching danger. So the sperm whale could attack him from the darkness of the deep sea. A fierce battle broke out, which was to be seen on the whale from now on. But in the end, the squid landed in his stomach.
Many years later. I was walking along the beach, lost in thought. A small lump caught my eye. I picked it up. It was made of a hardened waxy substance and was grayish-white with many inclusions. It gave off an intriguing scent that immediately captivated me. It smelled of the sea, salty, but also animalistic. At the same time, it emanated a beguiling sweetness. I put the lump and guarded him from now on like a treasure.

"Squid" by Zoologist Perfumes is an extraordinary fragrance. Immediately after spraying it on, strong aquatic notes make themselves loudly felt. After a few minutes, they combine with powerful animalic. I have never smelled this combination before. At first it irritated me a lot. Now I find them extremely suitable.

Admittedly, there is not much natural about "Squid". True, I smell out the spiciness of pink pepper, and I can also sense the incense. But the aquatic and animalic notes seem very synthetic to me, which is confirmed by the fragrance pyramid. An exception is perhaps the ambergris, which could be real. I don't notice my absolute hate smell Opoponax at all, thank goodness. How the listed ink note should smell, I can not judge for the life of me.

As the fragrance progresses, "Squid" becomes more well-behaved. The animalic notes take themselves very back, remain in the background and give way to a sweetness, but still has a strong aquatic touch.

Overall, I find "Squid" takes some getting used to, but ultimately very successful. It lives up to its name. Also, the blue color fits perfectly. Who does not like aquatic and / or animalic notes, I advise you to leave the fingers of it. For all others, it is worth a sniff.
Ink spray
The zoo(logist) from Canada also has a medium sized aquarium - and in it there is this ocean giant, "Squid", an octopus between deep blue and... Rim of a plate?!!
Don't get me wrong, I try to eat vegetarian food as much as possible, but this giant of the sea tentacles itself between two olfactory worlds, which I have rarely smelled so homogeneously and grippingly united... A warm, powdery, almost gourmand aquate. Yes, this beachcomber is an exceptional talent. Salty waves meet sweet benzoin. Excellent! Not at all offensive or unbalanced. Poseidon and Justice are having a casual chat. The sea in the embrace of clover. Mature, sensitive, intelligent. Wide and warm. Like skin slowly drying in the sun after a long bath in the Mediterranean. Well supplied with blood and tingling - but completely relaxed and in holiday mood. Resting pulse rate of 55, unless a round of volleyball is played. Otherwise an olfactory octopus pleasure.

Flacon: blue and attractive
Sillage: I'll become the running aquarium...
Shelf life: this will be in double digits, in football this is called a pack!

Conclusion: a very warm and friendly sea dweller - "Squid" is close to the hit!
Cthulhu has called!
I'm not debating the appeal of this bottle. This color is just perfect. The portrait of the octopus is also perfect and the shape is without question one of the most beautiful on the market. The Canadians know how art works. Just for the optics alone I love zoologists.

When I ordered the koala directly from Canada in summer, I also got some samples. One of them was Squid. And I tried it on the notebook first. It was not much more than a wow. When the oxygen was enough for thoughts again, I was a bit bothered by the soft sweetness, which is somehow not sweet at all, and didn't really want to see it on me. Then this little bottle lay lonely in my mother's closet for quite a while.
Until I took it back and spent a day with it in my home office.

And there he was. A deep dark blue fragrance that I would hardly like to acknowledge as aquatic, as it lacks what I know as aquatic notes for my understanding.
Instead of freshness, spray or algae, which is just above the water surface, with the Squid we are, depending on the wave in which the scent is working on me, far below the water surface, without the influence of light, or very far out at night and calm sea. In summary: There's nothing really bright in this scent.
Instead, it is an eerily attractive composition of dark notes, which, from the beginning to the absolute end after about 10 hours, reproduces the complete scent pyramid very impressively and clearly recognizable. Especially the incense and opoponax make this fragrance so incredibly attractive and - to draw the line to the headline - subliminally hypnotizing.

Yes, okay, it's a masterpiece from the polarizing house for me and although I actually excluded the scent for myself after testing on paper, I have now happily added a bottle to my collection, given the sample bottle to my grandmother and sit with the pleasant waves of the squid around me on the deck of a small boat far out on the ocean and toast this beautiful day with Professor Aronnax. I am trapped!
Tame giant octopus
After I was allowed to test already 13 zoologist fragrances and already 2 moved in with me, I dedicate myself today to the octopus.

At the beginning it must be said that I am not a fan of aquatic fragrances. This one, however, interested me so much because of his reviews that I had to test it.

Regarding the presentation of the flacon, it has to be said that zoologists really do show an above-average quality here, which is naturally also reflected in the price. With the squid flacon, "Pirates of the Caribbean" vibes somehow come back to me. Even though Davy Jones doesn't look a bit like the picture, I still have to think about it.

On to what you're probably all here for. The scent!
After the first spray I take a lot of incense, pepper, salty notes and a shot of ink was. The scent is anything but an unpleasant, fishy aquat. No!
It brings a very pleasant sweetness to my nose and the incense keeps all notes, which could become unpleasant when overdosed, very well in check.
The benzoin and ambergris as a base note naturally ensure that animalism is not neglected. For me, however, it is definitely not an animal scent, as it has absolutely no smell of a fish market or similar.

Squid is with Camel one of the most portable zoologists, because all notes are perfectly matched. It remains salty throughout, but not obtrusively salty. Squid is a very mystical fragrance, with the theme more than perfectly realized. It smells like sea.
Not according to summer, sun, beach-sea (as for example Soleil Blanc does). But like the sea from "Pirates of the Caribbean". The octopus rises out of the sea and pulls the ship and crew with it.
Because of the ink, he reminds me while wearing it again and again of my first tattoo appointment and what fear I had to put under the needle.

I had Oud Mineralè on my wish list at the beginning and I had assumed that the two would be similar. After my test I can say that there are 2 completely different fragrances that have nothing in common. While Oud Mineralé for me was more of a salty, algy wave with a mild breeze, Squid is a warm, spicy aquat that knows how to play out its strengths and convinced me from the first second on.

The shelf life is about 6-7 hours and the sillage is absolutely ok. He is not an absolute breaker who knows how to put others in their place, but you will be noticed. Alone already by the unique scent composition.

In conclusion, Squid is really very complex, but this does not mean that it is not something for beginners. Quite the opposite. The fragrance is a perfect introduction to the animal house from Canada. Definitely test it!

Thanks a lot for reading!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A rather pronounced, yet unique spicy-green and salty aquatic Summer fragrance, slowly shifting to a gentlier animalic sweet-resinous base.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 1 year ago
Squid has two parts: the sea and salty side with ambergris and ink, and a balsámic and smoky parte with the frankincense and benzoin...
Syzygy73Syzygy73 2 years ago
Church incense on a bed of sweet ambergris wrapped in airy ink. There’s something transcendent about this. Quite remarkable.

Schaut euch den Octopus an den ich am Strand fotografiert habe ;-)
by Dawg
by Robbymax
by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp

Popular Zoologist

Bee by Zoologist Civet by Zoologist Camel by Zoologist Moth by Zoologist Hummingbird by Zoologist Dragonfly (2017) by Zoologist Elephant by Zoologist Tyrannosaurus Rex by Zoologist Nightingale by Zoologist Musk Deer by Zoologist Koala by Zoologist Chameleon by Zoologist Sloth by Zoologist Macaque (2016) by Zoologist Beaver (2016) by Zoologist Rhinoceros (2014) by Zoologist Panda (2017) by Zoologist Chipmunk by Zoologist Bat (2015) by Zoologist Snowy Owl by Zoologist