Gris Charnel 2019

Gris Charnel by bdk Parfums
Gris Charnel is a popular perfume by bdk Parfums for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is creamy-spicy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom
FigFig
Black teaBlack tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris absoluteOrris absolute
Bourbon vetiverBourbon vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwoodIndian sandalwood
Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.07.2021.

The Grey Veil
Wherever you subconsciously perceive a gray veil, it leaves a distinctive footprint. It is not always associated with positive things. On the contrary, it often evokes displeasure. For example, after repeated washing, it settles in white clothing. Or it clouds photographs, taking away their clarity, brilliance and contrast. Some might call this faulty, unattractive and disturbing, but in my eyes it conveys a certain imponderability, unpredictability and the ambivalence of imperfection, imperfection per se.

Certainly, we human beings strive to work through as many things as possible in advance and to establish standards in order to make processes comprehensible, less prone to error and, above all, similar to each other. This veil of grey, which creeps into human decisions in the form of unpredictability, can be perceived as both disturbing and "noisy", but on the other hand makes things appear all the more authentic, individual and unique, even if often unintentionally.

In this respect, I emfinde the name "Gris Charnel" already as an extremely successful choice. He carries the fragrance in my eyes very skillfully and honorably into the world. The grayish-purple coloring of the fragrance underpins the approach once again.
Capturing the veil-like is certainly an ambitious undertaking. That and especially how it goes, Mathilde Bijaoui proves here skillfully.

In the opening, a fine spiciness dominates, which comes to light quite unexpectedly, since the perception appears directly at the spray head much more fruity and sweet. That's it, this slight offensiveness, which comes across as disturbing or unplanned, like a veil that settles down without having been asked for it. But now it is there and begins to develop.
Gradually, it takes on traits that create an aura of coziness. The very fact that a powdery iris creates a cozy warmth here in the drydown reflects the ambivalence of a fragrance that has unpredictability in its name. It's mysterious and unexpected, yet equally logical and consequential. Above all, bdK stages this perfume extremely thoughtfully and astutely. Chapeau.
Over time, the veil envelops you. It lays itself gently and tenderly like a cream on the skin and sticks to it. Like silky cloth, it gradually becomes lighter and more inconspicuous. As if it were no longer there. But when you recall it again, it is ready. Subtle, not chumming up, first the spiciness decreases and turns into a creamy sweetness. But before this can drift into the over-sugared, a woody creaminess takes over the rowing and rocks the ship into the harbor.

All this happens along the way and remains in some ways unfathomable and mysterious. Nothing goes off the rails. Brief evasions in sillage explosions are immediately recaptured. They recede, like a veil in the wind, clinging its existence beautifully to its surroundings. It's hard to shape, much less give another identity to, but it obscures the inessential and envelops the protectable. You can neither hold him nor deny him. It fits you as you are, not as you want to be.
Powdery, spicy feel-good fragrance
I think I have to dedicate my 2nd review to this fragrance. It has happened to me several times now but with him it became very obvious. My smell has changed. In the last year I've started to smell me in fragrances, read reviews, watched videos and then also ordered a bottling of Gris Charnel, smelled it and the cardamom that sticks out especially in the top note as unpleasant and disturbing, I think I even had to wash it off.

A few days ago I have him sprayed again, because the drydown was described as so noble pludrig and I was blown away, immediately shock in love (although you can say that after a year then perhaps no longer) and wear him daily since then, sniffing every 15 min on my wrist and am very happy about my "new discovery".
The fragrance starts for me now pleasantly spicy, the cardamom is present and gives the powdery, slightly sweet fragrance that certain something, for me it also seems a little masculine and clean. It then gradually becomes softer and the initially strong cardamom quieter. It's true, for me it also develops a very noble powdery note that seems neat and warm. The quiet rest spice I find perfect, otherwise the fragrance would be too smooth.

I find him on my skin quite suitable for everyday use, perhaps rather in autumn and winter but also in the summer for the evening I find him interesting, I think that is because of the cardamom and my associations with Old Town in Cairo, black tea despite the heat and pastries with cardamom.
He is really beautiful, he just needed a little time. For this he is now at the top of my wish list.
Alesa
Sexy fig to go with black tea!
Gris Charnel is a very, very beautifully made fig fragrance - creamy, powdery - with black tea and light spice. The sample convinced me so much that the flacon had to move in with me and will be used all year round. Elegant. Stylish. Unisex.
He's just different! ?
I am over the moon to finally add the Gris Charnel to my collection!

I was from the first test sniffing directly warm around the heart, and I knew I must have him.

He is one of the so cosy and maybe also a bissi mysterious is. Am still slightly overwhelmed and can't find the right words to give him a worthy description.

Facts about this fragrance:
(I had a 2ml bottling at the time)

1. Sniff - love at first smell
2. Wore it as scent of the day and it haunted me all day
3. Did my everyday stuff, which included a quick run to the post office and shopping on the way back.
4. Within an hour I was on the road I was approached 2 times on the fragrance. Once from the woman at the post office and once on the street.
*Side note* Let's be honest - it's not really common for someone on the street to follow you around and compliment you on the scent, is it? (Okay I admit..I would do it..and some others in this community probably would too..can imagine that with perfume affine but I would like to claim that wasn't the case).
5. The jacket I had on smelled for days afterwards ?..mmmhhh! what a beautiful scent!

As soon as I was home I wanted to place the order (but since I sometimes exaggerate with impulse purchases, I thought I'd wait another day or two) ... the next morning was my very first morning muffle thought "ohhhh!" That perfume was a stunner though, wasn't it! We should buy it!" (Yes, I'm talking to myself ... plural being used...)
I re-sprayed my sample of Gris Charnel after showering and ordered the full bottle a few hours later. It just could not be otherwise.

Since then I wear it again and again ... he gives me security and is so cosy and calming ! I have to sniff again and again like an addict on me.

Nothing is grey here
In fact, the name doesn't fit this fragrance that brings a smile to my face, it chases away the grey and bland. Hooked by Leni's Scent on YT I ordered myself a bottling and am quite delighted. Gris thrilled !

The fragrance starts with a fine unobtrusive cardamom tea note, I smell fig only very faintly. (a pure fig fragrance I have also never smelled.)

This herbal-fruity opening lingers for a long time, then iris follows with woody elements. It makes everything shine, wonderful in the iridescent colors of the rainbow appears this fragrance section. Restrained sandalwood together with a noble clay note end the ensemble and give the fragrance an enchanting finale.

Is Gris a reference to Gris, that young girl in the play who is lost in her world - preoccupied with a painful experience? Her journey through grief manifests in her dress, which gives her new abilities to move through her faded grey reality. She wakes up in the palm of a collapsing statue of a woman. Gris falls, but gets back up and enters mysterious world. She collects points of light (stars) and gains wondrous abilities. She encounters strange beings and evil creatures, has to fight many battles in windmills, forests and caves, and in the end defeats evil through song. She, the statue and the colors of the world are saved.

Gris gives hope and the strength to overcome things that seemed impossible before. Gathering lights against the colorless reality that is often cruel-gray-dim...

There are new paths and ways to explore, to rise above.
With collected stars united against the evil of the world.

If only it were that simple...

Go for Gris.
Come back
Gris charnel I bought because of demi rawling and the notes. If you follow her video something you notice when she finds a scent really really good. Of course, preferences change and new come along but find it has the most taste I also have in the yt world So during lockdown blind by bike courier from the local perfumery home ! G is for treat !
Addictive, dextrose from the pharmacy, spicy, powder vs vetiver 50/50 balance, delicate tea note for relaxation. On a velvety base.
After 15ml I sold it because I just wanted something else.
Every day I missed it and it was so stupid to sell it. Then I saw a 50ml bottle here in the souk and immediately struck. There are now 20ml in it and a new bottle I also have.
It is not a very strong scent, but also no watery,
scarf, collar, hoodies with gris charnel on it are just beautiful in the evening or the next day.
The tonka bean cardamon combo also reminds me of la nuit but with some red fruit and a sweetness similar to the one in bc540,
The scent is cozy, sophisticated and elegant, sweet and the vetiver is blended in so nicely that you get a cross of a fruity floral and a sweet spicy gourmand. After the back comes the spice and woodiness, the red fruit tea maybe even fig ice tea works with the sandalwood then in the medium term like a luxury hotel hand cream which is incredibly pleasant. Was already asked a few times by women what this is for a fragrance,
At the price are dif most out and a bottle goes well quickly away if you take so 5-6 sprayers. (Sprayers by the way very foggy, & top! )
Flakons and packaging is also cool I find. Trag him just very happy.

Jujumu
Oh you cute ball of paper inspired me :D
As the headline says, Gris Charnel reminds me a lot of the smell of paper the closer I hold my nose to the sprayed area, the .... you know :) Which I think is super great!
I love paper and have always loved to draw as a child, which gives me the idea to maybe draw a pair of illustrations to the respective perfumes I own and then publish them here.
Be curious :D Or not... sometimes the mood passes me also quite quickly.

What else do I get from this wonderful masterpiece:

I can barely make out any of these notes, unfortunately. Maybe the sandalwood and black tea, tempt me to think of paper. I also get something sweetly minty. And on rare days, I get a headache from a pungent alcoholic note. Some of the people around me perceive coconut or vanilla :D I just stand there shaking my head, saying "Get lost you amateurs !!!! XD"

I find a very difficult to describe fragrance but I like it. It suits me, not always but very often. Especially on such rainy days when I run through the area darkly dressed He conjures me but, always a smile in the face . And he brings me to think of paper and more often to draw or paint :)

Roasted almonds
A few days ago I came across a review of this scent by @Gelis. She writes that she has the sensation of smelling soup greens almost all the time. After studying the notes,,which are actually very appealing to me, my first reaction was to thank her for the warning, because honestly I don't want to walk around like that either.

Nevertheless, I decided to ask her for a bottling, which she also kindly gave me, because the notes appealed to me too much. Thank you for it!

Well, what can I say? I do not have the impression to have mutated into a soup green. I find the fragrance very pleasant and well wearable. At the very beginning, I do perceive a green-herbaceous note, which I attribute to cardamom and black tea, mixed with a tiny bit of fig. But this note quickly fades into the background for my nose.

After that, the more sweet-woody heart and base notes dominate for me. Although I perceive cardamom and black tea still, but only subtly. The fig has said goodbye completely. Otherwise, I have a hard time differentiating the individual heart and base notes, all of which I know pure. I do have an interesting overall impression though. I smell roasted almonds mixed with that green-herbaceous note I mentioned at the beginning, which may get some more support here from the bourbon vetiver. Because vetiver can have a strong note like that. Maybe that's also the reason for @Geli's soup green perception. A vetiver oil I own does indeed smell strongly of - soup greens.

It took me several tests to review this fragrance. Because he is by the mixture of green-herbaceous and sweet notes yet quite complex, as I find. Also my rating I have again significantly upgraded. Because also durability and sillage are better than I thought at first. I like it. But unfortunately not so good that he is part of my collection at the high price.
Greens
I sprayed on "Gris Charnelle" yesterday morning and walked around as a vegetable for the rest of the day with an overhang of celery. It wasn't until late evening, no actually at night just before midnight, that I unexpectedly got a breeze of a fruity floral and slightly powdery scent to my nose.

According to experience, this transformation into a then still pleasant or at least more pleasant fragrance goes faster in the following days, the nose apparently flits increasingly faster past the undesirable scents. But here what comes next is nice but still not so convincing for me that I want to spend more days with "Gris Charnelle".

Explicitly I would like to point out the durability: The thought to want to wear another fragrance in the evening, if you have sprayed GC in the morning, you should push aside.
My new signature?!
Oh you beautiful tea scent, you captured my heart after the first spray & not only mine. No. Although my boyfriend is not the biggest fan of fragrances & compliments about a fragrance rarely trickle from him, he praised this fragrance to the skies. So not only do I like it, but he does too. My bottling is now almost empty & I'm still blown away, so in a few days the ersoukte bottle may move in with me.

About the fragrance: I take very present the fig, which is in the top note was. It pulls itself through the complete fragrance course. The fig is very ripe, sweet, plump & strong purple from the outside. That's how I imagine it to be. But please don't think of it as an overly sweet scent, because that's what I was initially afraid of when I saw the fragrance notes; after all, too sweet and fruity isn't mine. This one is super balanced. The black tea goes great with the fig & the sandalwood and tonka bean gradually make it very soft & creamy. Still, it has a certain spiciness that keeps popping up. This fragrance DNA is very unique to me and haven't smelled anything similar yet. I can very well imagine it as a signature. For the day super, for the evening it may be something more with me. Also I would want to fix him on no season. For me he always goes.

Attention danger of addiction!

BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 month ago
As the name implies, the scent is grey, forgettable. A bit spicy (cardamom, black tea), creamy, powdery and woody (iris, sandalwood, tonka).

by AlexW
by AlexW
Für mich hatte der Duft immer was grün/ bläuliches an sich wenn ich ihn rieche. Deshalb die Farbauswahl. Und Federn geben die Leichtigkeit von GC für mich wieder :)
by Jujumu
by Amela
by Amela
by Alesa
by Alesa

Popular bdk Parfums

Rouge Smoking by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir by bdk Parfums Pas Ce Soir by bdk Parfums Velvet Tonka by bdk Parfums Wood Jasmin by bdk Parfums Tabac Rose by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale by bdk Parfums Nuit de Sable by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie by bdk Parfums Oud Abramad by bdk Parfums Sel d'Argent by bdk Parfums Citrus Riviera by bdk Parfums French Bouquet by bdk Parfums