Gris Charnel 2019 Eau de Parfum

Gris Charnel (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums
Gris Charnel (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by bdk Parfums for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-creamy. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCardamomCardamom FigFig Black teaBlack tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris absoluteOrris absolute Bourbon vetiverBourbon vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesIndian sandalwoodIndian sandalwood Tonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 16.05.2022.

The Scent is part of the "Collection Parisienne".

Love at first sniff
It is my very first fragrance from this house and it was love at first sniff This fragrance is unique, classy, and elegant that wears close to the skin, but is soooo addictive that you will be left wanting more and more!!

Ahh, I am so obsessed with it! Definitely one of my absolute favorites

To my nose, the fig and cardamom notes are prominent until the total dry down when I get creamy sandalwood. In my opinion, this fragrance goes well with any season
Lenii
Waiting for the right moment...
The first time I ran across "Gris Charnel | bdk Parfums" two years ago. The reviews of the fragrance I found promising, the fragrance notes not. Tea, fig, cardamom...meeeh. Not mine! So on the watch list and forgotten.
Every now and then I have considered to ersouken me a filling, but decided against it. In the meantime, I had Gris Dior in my head (nice fragrance, but he has not convinced me) and in the Parfumo search appeared again and again Gris Charnel. More from test joy, than from conviction I have then exchanged a filling with a dear Parfuma (LOVE THANKS @Alliage).... and since then I wear the fragrance daily!!

The scent starts off spicy, slightly tart and creamy. He could slip too much into the masculine, but he does not. Gradually fig + iris + sandalwood + tonka combine to create a fantastically warm, creamy, soft scent. He is not heavy or overloaded and also no spice tea.

It's just right! It's cozy and sexy, intense and light at the same time.
Special, soft, slightly spicy, sweet-creamy and fits every situation for me.

Durability +10 hours, Silage medium to strong (1-2 sprays are enough, otherwise there's trouble from the man :D)
Madisahr
The first sniff - and then the second
Opened, sprayed on and smitten. Spicy it smells, but mild. Also a bit boozy. Funny, isn't it? And subtly creamy-sweet undertones. And so perfectly "seasoned" that it's not dessert, it's the main course. Michelin stars - you know what I mean.

ALSO. Did I then later began to perceive the iris. And as it is, I am one of those who can only halfway compromise with it. As fantastic as I find the fragrance, TOO much iris bothers me. A little less would have done just fine. Because admittedly: it resonates quite nicely. Spicy-creamy - but then later a powdery topping. I understand somehow. Seems like a fit.

And because I'm willing to compromise then: also a fit for me.
wonderful niche scent
my absolute favorite fragrance...
unique in the best sense

Fig and sandalwood are wonderfully balanced; a slight spice also resonates

Lasts quite 7-8 hours
Projection doesn't knock you out but isn't bad either

Price-performance ratio Top

a true work of art
Ischgelroi
Great fruity fig and tea scent
Gris Charnel was never on my list for fragrances I was planning to test in the near future, but through a friendly Parfumo I got a bottling to a swap for free. At this point, many thanks to the friendly Parfumo.

Gris Charnel goes with the dominant fig and black tea and the combination of creamy components an interesting and new way. Fragrances with tea like Nishane Wulong Cha always had something that bothered me, it was with this fragrances always the combination of black tea with fresh notes. Gris Charnel contains the following perceptible notes for me: Fig, Cardamon, Black Tea, Sandalwood and Tonka Bean. The sandalwood and tonka bean become the main players in Gris Charnel after about 2-3 hours. Here I would have liked it a little better if the great fresh and fruity DNA had lasted a little longer.

Gris Charnel is a great and unique fragrance, which I like well also in view of the good price. By the strong tonka bean, Gris Charnel is but a little more in the feminine direction than in the unisex direction landed. This is not bad for me, but I can imagine that it could bother some male Parfumos.

The durability is good at 7-8 hours, a little longer would have been even better here of course. The silage is always a little below an arm's length and becomes skin-tight after 5-6 hours, also here I would have liked a slightly stronger silage well.

PennyPearl
A morning in a spa in the Orient
On quiet soles creeps this fragrance and then claws itself in the brain and in the heart to provide there really for enthusiasm...
At first, the cardamom and the tart tea are the main actors in the opening, the sweet fig has little chance to stand out in the first seconds, which is why I first assumed the fragrance would be more masculine, but then the sweet fig peeked out like an opening flower and pushes the cardamom a bit to the side, although it still remains present.
I find the combination of all the notes very beautiful and coherent!
Something gives the fragrance an oriental touch; it reminds me of the smell in the Moroccan little shops full of lamps and carpets in Marrakech, I smell a slightly sacral note, somehow incense like on the incense souks in Salalah, Oman, but in a gaaaanz light and subtle form.
I feel like I'm in a spa and can't stop smelling my wrist.

In fact, this is how I once imagined Crystal Noir Eau de Parfum: creamy soft and nobly spicy, which I didn't like as much, but the Gris Charnel is just that for me: creamy, sprayed in a noble mist, elegantly spicy and subtly sweet, and it still retains its everyday suitability.
I also find him unisextauglich, both men and women can feel well scented with it, even if it radiates something very feminine for me personally.
Connie
Fig and black tea in perfection.
I got a BDK set yesterday. The set consists of 3 fragrances each 10ML. The set is also for the eye a gem. The 3 tubes stand in a velvet "foot" in the packaging. It looks so beautiful on my perfume shelf.... What a joy..

How Smells So Gris Charnel.. Just so delicious.. The starts with a lot of fig, so creamy and such a feast for my nose. Shortly after a super noble black tea note comes to the fore. This blend is something very fine and so unique ... A dream... In the dry don't comes a hint of vetiver, which is not really "my" note, but it is so soft that it does not bother me at all. It works here strangely like salt in the soup. So like the icing on the cake... A great nose flatterer with a good adhesion and a very pleasant sillage..

I see the fragrance more on a woman than on a man but that's just my personal opinion
The Grey Veil
Wherever you subconsciously perceive a gray veil, it leaves a distinctive footprint. It is not always associated with positive things. On the contrary, it often evokes displeasure. For example, after repeated washing, it settles in white clothing. Or it clouds photographs, taking away their clarity, brilliance and contrast. Some might call this faulty, unattractive and disturbing, but in my eyes it conveys a certain imponderability, unpredictability and the ambivalence of imperfection, imperfection per se.

Certainly, we human beings strive to work through as many things as possible in advance and to establish standards in order to make processes comprehensible, less prone to error and, above all, similar to each other. This veil of grey, which creeps into human decisions in the form of unpredictability, can be perceived as both disturbing and "noisy", but on the other hand makes things appear all the more authentic, individual and unique, even if often unintentionally.

In this respect, I emfinde the name "Gris Charnel" already as an extremely successful choice. He carries the fragrance in my eyes very skillfully and honorably into the world. The grayish-purple coloring of the fragrance underpins the approach once again.
Capturing the veil-like is certainly an ambitious undertaking. That and especially how it goes, Mathilde Bijaoui proves here skillfully.

In the opening, a fine spiciness dominates, which comes to light quite unexpectedly, since the perception appears directly at the spray head much more fruity and sweet. That's it, this slight offensiveness, which comes across as disturbing or unplanned, like a veil that settles down without having been asked for it. But now it is there and begins to develop.
Gradually, it takes on traits that create an aura of coziness. The very fact that a powdery iris creates a cozy warmth here in the drydown reflects the ambivalence of a fragrance that has unpredictability in its name. It's mysterious and unexpected, yet equally logical and consequential. Above all, bdK stages this perfume extremely thoughtfully and astutely. Chapeau.
Over time, the veil envelops you. It lays itself gently and tenderly like a cream on the skin and sticks to it. Like silky cloth, it gradually becomes lighter and more inconspicuous. As if it were no longer there. But when you recall it again, it is ready. Subtle, not chumming up, first the spiciness decreases and turns into a creamy sweetness. But before this can drift into the over-sugared, a woody creaminess takes over the rowing and rocks the ship into the harbor.

All this happens along the way and remains in some ways unfathomable and mysterious. Nothing goes off the rails. Brief evasions in sillage explosions are immediately recaptured. They recede, like a veil in the wind, clinging its existence beautifully to its surroundings. It's hard to shape, much less give another identity to, but it obscures the inessential and envelops the protectable. You can neither hold him nor deny him. It fits you as you are, not as you want to be.
Powdery, spicy feel-good fragrance
I think I have to dedicate my 2nd review to this fragrance. It has happened to me several times now but with him it became very obvious. My smell has changed. In the last year I've started to smell me in fragrances, read reviews, watched videos and then also ordered a bottling of Gris Charnel, smelled it and the cardamom that sticks out especially in the top note as unpleasant and disturbing, I think I even had to wash it off.

A few days ago I have him sprayed again, because the drydown was described as so noble pludrig and I was blown away, immediately shock in love (although you can say that after a year then perhaps no longer) and wear him daily since then, sniffing every 15 min on my wrist and am very happy about my "new discovery".
The fragrance starts for me now pleasantly spicy, the cardamom is present and gives the powdery, slightly sweet fragrance that certain something, for me it also seems a little masculine and clean. It then gradually becomes softer and the initially strong cardamom quieter. It's true, for me it also develops a very noble powdery note that seems neat and warm. The quiet rest spice I find perfect, otherwise the fragrance would be too smooth.

I find him on my skin quite suitable for everyday use, perhaps rather in autumn and winter but also in the summer for the evening I find him interesting, I think that is because of the cardamom and my associations with Old Town in Cairo, black tea despite the heat and pastries with cardamom.
He is really beautiful, he just needed a little time. For this he is now at the top of my wish list.
Alesa
Sexy fig to go with black tea!
Gris Charnel is a very, very beautifully made fig fragrance - creamy, powdery - with black tea and light spice. The sample convinced me so much that the flacon had to move in with me and will be used all year round. Elegant. Stylish. Unisex.

Lfc1892Lfc1892 3 months ago
Nice clean and sweet scent with a touch of spice.
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
It’s a beautiful spicy sweet scent! I love it so much but it doesn’t stay on my skin for long. I tested it 3 times in a day…
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
As the name implies, the scent is grey, forgettable. A bit spicy (cardamom, black tea), creamy, powdery and woody (iris, sandalwood, tonka).

.....eine feine Aussicht hat er hier :)
by AlexW
by AlexW
by GewoonBB
Für mich hatte der Duft immer was grün/ bläuliches an sich wenn ich ihn rieche. Deshalb die Farbauswahl. Und Federn geben die Leichtigkeit von GC für mich wieder :)
by Jujumu
by Odyssea
by Alesa
by Alesa

Popular by bdk Parfums

Rouge Smoking (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Extrait) by bdk Parfums Velvet Tonka by bdk Parfums Pas Ce Soir by bdk Parfums Tabac Rose by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Wood Jasmin by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Nuit de Sable by bdk Parfums Oud Abramad by bdk Parfums Citrus Riviera by bdk Parfums Sel d'Argent by bdk Parfums French Bouquet by bdk Parfums Ambre Safrano by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Rouge Smoking (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums