Rouge Smoking 2018 Eau de Parfum

Rouge Smoking (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums
Rouge Smoking (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by bdk Parfums for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesItalian bergamotItalian bergamot CherryCherry Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesVanilla absoluteVanilla absolute HeliotropeHeliotrope
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxanAmbroxan CashmeranCashmeran Tonka beanTonka bean LabdanumLabdanum White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Calista, last update on 15.05.2022.

The Scent is part of the "Collection Parisienne".

KristinaR
Absolutely amazing cherry scent!!
Absolutely amazing cherry scent!! The cherry is extremely well blended and is super addictive. Usually, I don’t like fragrances with a cherry note, but this one is really delicious.

I have worn this in cooler weather and received many compliments. In my opinion, it is quite an intoxicating fragrance and very memorable. Performance is excellent and absolutely full bottle worthy.
Taunusblume
Cherry Brandy Liqueur or Maraschino Zadarski...
August 2021

We are sitting in our favorite cafe in Zadar / Croatia and enjoy (as almost every day) a cup of espresso and a glass of cherry brandy liqueur - a specialty of the region.
Sun from above, the sea in front of your eyes and the delicious cherry in your hand...

October 2021

I have me for the time being two fragrances of BDK ersoukt to the test, more may follow also.
Today it's Rouge Tuxedo's turn.
I spray twice and...

...All of a sudden I'm back in Zadar with Cherry Brendy in my hand.

That's amazing! The fragrance smells like the good drop tastes!

After repeated testing, however, I am a little unsure: is the Cherry-Brendy liqueur or yet Maraschino Zadarski (also a cherry spirit)?

I'll definitely have to find out next summer. And there the fragrance definitely comes along :)

But one thing is for sure, I can smell the scent longer on me than taste the liqueur ;)
PennyPearl
A visit to the beauty salon
After I found "Gris Charnel | bdk Parfums" absolutely great and also had to buy it quite quickly, I Velvet Tonka also beautiful and Tabac Rose well done , but not as my personal must-have felt, I was of course also very nergierig on Rouge Tuxedo, which seems to be quite popular.
I expected to like it very much.

I have to think of a sweetly intense, exotic floral body oil on opening, when it also gets skin-toned quite quickly and reminds me of a Rituals boy lotion (Sakura might be getting there because of the cherry blossom vibes), accompanied by a bright tobacco note.

In general, Rouge Smoking reminds me a lot of good skin care products like shampoo, body lotion and body oil, quite airy and delicate and pleasantly creamy.
I don't perceive the cherry per se overly clearly, but I can sense it, thinking more of cherry blossoms and artificial cherry gum, which I don't find bad in itself.
Also, it smells a bit like what the Em Eukal cherry bonbons from the drugstore taste like.
As it progresses, it gains dense sweetness, but remains true to its first impression.

Associations of the disreputable Parisian entertainment district Pigalle awakens this fragrance to my sensation not; some time ago I had a hotel room there near the neighborhood with my friend and found our hotel room quite charming and fitting; baroque vintage kitsch, lots of red plush, a whirlpool, artfully old-fashioned lamps.
Montmartre was within walking distance around the corner, the Moulin Rouge glowed red.
My friend could barely walk out the door alone without being accosted by prostitutes or offered drugs, the shop windows offered sex toys and lingerie.
Rouge Tuxedo does not reflect the frivolous, risqué and flamboyant of this neighborhood, although the history/inspiration of this perfume presents itself that way (although it does become a bit more beguiling in the drydown).

I will gladly use up the bottling and also test him further.
I had imagined him something like Café Chantant Eau de Parfum due to some note matches and the Parisian flair that both exude (cherry, vanilla, heliotrope), but I actually favor Café Chantant Eau de Parfum , which I find more intense, cherry powdery and expressive.

Bie water drop contact Rouge Tuxedo develops a little the sultry strong almond note of Blu Mediterraneo - Mandorlo di Sicilia ...
Connie
When the cherry trees blossom...
Wow, what a fragrance explosion. A smooth 10 I award for this incredibly beautiful fragrance.

The fragrance smells like a mixture of blossoming cherry trees and cherry / vanilla pipe tobacco,

The fragrance is pretty linear which I do not care at all, because I love to bathe in the fragrance....
Caution: Fragrance with addiction factor
I ordered, actually to be able to test the highly praised Gris Charnel, a Discovery Set from bdk Parfums from the Collection Parisienne. "Rouge smoking" is on board.
I won't dwell on fragrance pyramids and individual components. This fragrance immediately hit the epicenter of my heart. I have to smell the atomizer of the mini flacon at every opportunity and immediately a comforting warmth spreads.
The fragrance smells from the outset as if from a retort, I can not locate a fragrance originated in nature. The cherry, the heady vanilla and sweetness, the creaminess and light spicy smoke are clearly a laboratory result, but more fully you can not form a fragrance in a test tube.
I have never smelled such a composition before, could also never accept vanilla sweetness so before. Besides, this fragrance is for me very sexy, attractive without the hint of turgidity or vulgarity.
With this brand I will deal more. In the Discovery set are 2 other fragrances. The large bottle "Rouge Smoking" I will get, the miniature I put in my purse. No matter how life plays, briefly sniff it, and the world is all right again.
Mud Bowl
Aiaiai, this fragrance has taken me by storm. The CherryCoke comparisons seem very plausible to me, although I find that the fragrance is also very creamy in the base. It's not tangy at all! The cherry is not as brute as Lost Cherry, but it does give a rather rounded, warm fruitiness. It's almost as if a spoonful of tonka mousse has been added to this CherryCoke - it sounds like a somewhat labored attempt to make some sort of mud punch. But it works in the scent, I swear!
(I really wonder if these are wisely chosen analogies I'm drawing here, I had to explain the mud bowl phenomenon the other day in a round about way, something I also last experienced live and in color in the late 90s, maybe early 2000s. Perhaps the gentle reader is familiar with it. I mean, in the US they also drink root beer floats...that's similar)

Also, I think the scent is similar to Armani Code Cashmere, but quite far from the fragrance twin. ACC is a bit more floral, but they share the creamy sweetness. Who likes the one, will probably also find pleasure in the second cousin
What cherry?
At first I smell something like a mixture of jasmine and ylang-ylang. No bergamot, no pepper, no cherry.
Very quickly, the vanilla drowns everything out and makes the scent sweet and bubblegum-like. Yes maybe it's cherry gum but it's hard to tell through the vanilla. It gets a bit more cherryy as it goes on but not the fruity cherry you want but still mixed with that floral jasmine scent. It reminds me of children's toothpaste. The musk makes it a little more bearable towards the end and softer and warmer on the skin, but all in all not a scent I thought it would be. I think I know how the scent was planned to work, but unfortunately it absolutely does not exude it for me.... and: Why a "tuxedo" in the name if it ends up being squeaky sweet?
Still continuing to search for nice cherry scents with good longevity...
Love at first sniff!
For me, an almost "perfectly blended scent" - here (almost) everything seems coherent!

Cherry is definitely present from the start, with a slight tobacco nuance. There's no tobacco listed in the notes, so I would guess that it's a "fake note" made from tonka, cashmeran, labdanum and vanilla. Those notes, by the way, are also responsible for most of the sweetness in this gorgeous scent, along with the cherry.
Pink pepper and bergamot give the opening a fresh lift, preventing the scent from becoming too heavy or too sweet.
Heliotrope and orange blossom create a beautiful floral heart and blend seamlessly with the tobacco nuance.
I actually smell the heliotrope quite distinctly. It's a light almond / vanilla note that also nicely conveys the tobacco impression here. It adds a slight powdery sweetness that doesn't seem overdone at any point.
Overall, there are many notes here that could make the fragrance seem too sweet and unnatural, but perfumer Amelie Bourgeois blends them together so artfully that the overall work seems subtle and understated.

For me, an absolutely unisex fragrance that can be worn by male and female (necessarily) equally well.

Conclusion:
Refined, restrained, noble, mature, but not overly serious - almost perfect!
9,5/10
Sandy01
The Lost Cherry Loses Herself In Cherry Coke...
Tested for the first time today and shock in love! I smell a successful mix of Lost Cherry, Love by Kilian, Cherry Coke and children's bubble gum...also the little red cherry lollipops come to mind...after 3-4 hours, the scent becomes very close to the body and subtle. The drydown is warm and powdery and gives me a comforting feeling. Promptly landed on the flacon wish list :-)
Sommelier du Parfum...
...do you know this website?! There you enter your preferences and you get suggestions for perfumes, which you can then choose and order as a sample. Five fragrances at 2 ml each, a sixth fragrance is on top as a goodie. Great thing...I, always on the lookout for the next kick, of course immediately tried.
Of the six fragrances were five...hmmm...well not quite soooo as expected, nice...but nothing that would have blown me away...but this ONE fragrance has me sooo geflasht that he will certainly be my new signature fragrance, I will certainly still like in ten years. Yet this was the exact scent I assumed I would NOT like because it has cherry in it. Funny, isn't it? Because every fragrance that contains cherry smells somehow artificial, fruity, sweet...at least the ones I knew so far. That's also the reason why I haven't smelled TF Lost Cherry yet (but I'll definitely make up for it).
For me, Tuxedo Rouge belongs to the genre of "you either love this one or you hate this one" just like with Alien...and I love love LOVE it!!!! The amazing thing about the scent is that it smells smoky, even though there's no incense or tobacco in it...I'm guessing it's from the cashmeran and ambroxan. Of course, the cherry is the main player...but it is so expertly interwoven with the balsamic labdanum and tonka bean that it just smells delicious on the skin...present, but in a distinguished way. Towards the end, so after three four hours, the fragrance is slightly powdery / vanilla and close to the skin...unfortunately...the sillage is not as wumsig as I would like, the fragrance itself lasts six / seven hours...no matter...the like to refresh in between times ;-)

DopeweaselDopeweasel 2 months ago
Sticky cherry, creamy tonka and effervescent pepper helio. Sprayed lightly does wonders. Leans quite feminine. Perfect for an office scent.
MuratArabaciMuratArabaci 9 months ago
Smoky version of Kilian - Love, with a little hints of butteriness when smelled up close.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
Cherry and heliotrope are the main players in this scent. You also get vanilla and tonka. It's a spicy, sweet fruity gourmand, creamy, woody
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A warm and cozy, spicy/sweet, yet dusty earthy-woody Fall fragrance, balanced by a bright spicy-fruity opening. Nutty. 100% Unisex!

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
Ich freue mich riesig über die tollen Fotokommentare...vielen Dank Ihr Lieben ❤
by AlexW
by AlexW
Unterwegs im Chinesischen Garten…
by Rieke2021
by Zoltan76
by Flowerbomb4
by Flowerbomb4

Popular by bdk Parfums

Gris Charnel (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Extrait) by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Pas Ce Soir by bdk Parfums Velvet Tonka by bdk Parfums Tabac Rose by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Wood Jasmin by bdk Parfums Nuit de Sable by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Oud Abramad by bdk Parfums Citrus Riviera by bdk Parfums Sel d'Argent by bdk Parfums French Bouquet by bdk Parfums Ambre Safrano by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Rouge Smoking (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums