Velvet Tonka 2021

Velvet Tonka by bdk Parfums
Velvet Tonka is a new perfume by bdk Parfums for women and men and was released in 2021. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom AlmondAlmond
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose absoluteRose absolute Tobacco absoluteTobacco absolute
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean absoluteTonka bean absolute Bourbon vanilla absoluteBourbon vanilla absolute AmyrisAmyris AmberwoodAmberwood

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 26.05.2022.

Amarguinha from Algarve
This aroma for me is a true Amarguinha, which is the name of a drink in Portugal, from the Algarve region.
It's a bitter almond drink that can be drunk over ice, and that's what this aroma reminds me of in the opening.

I love almonds in perfumes but it is usually accompanied by something too creamy and milky. This aroma as I said is quite fresh and sweet at the same time which makes it curious, and the evolution goes to tobacco without being too much tabacco but with a focus on tonka bean and amberwood.
Cheerful and distinct, it's a girl next door scent.
My cuddly scent
With the current grimy fall weather, you're just so convenient - my cozy scent.

God I was excited to test this fragrance, where the notes had appealed to me so. However, since I do not like marzipan at all I was also afraid that these are too present. Initially, you clearly perceive an almond / marzipan note. But if you wait it out, you get the most beautiful powdery suede note ever. (As in my beloved Cuir Beluga ) With tonka and vanilla, it becomes such a soul-flatterer - incredibly beautiful.

When I wear it, it wraps around me like a warming cuddle blanket, making me want to hug myself. To snuggle in beautiful & super sensual, warm, creamy, soft....

Meanwhile, he has so conquered my heart that he is number 1 on my wish list, how good that I have soon birthday & can fulfill myself this wish
PennyPearl
A baby powder dream; dreamy relaxing in an evening dress
"Boah, it's beautiful," was my first impulse thought upon spraying it on (I think I said it out loud, too), which is not that common.
Baby almond powder and a bit like Loukhoum Eau Poudrée I smell here ad hoc, only softer.
Sweet powder is now times my Beuteschema, that I find the however sooo beautiful, I would not have expected nevertheless.
Very delicate and somewhat sweet, but not sugary slaying, I feel him also not very marzipanlastig as last tested by me Heliotrope Eau de Toilette , because really fat marzipan I do not like at all!

It's not gourmandy sweet, sweet yes, but the powder combination makes it NOT edible.
The scent is quite linear, which doesn't bother me as I already find the top note to be very nice, as it progresses only a gentle woodiness adds to it, which prevents it from drifting into too sweet realms.
Individual Duftnotehn I smell here hardly out, for me it is a powdery, velvety, sweetish melange.
Going back to the title; Velvet Tonka to me is cozy and elegant at the same time, which is why I think of a carefully made up woman in a satin morning coat, lying on the sofa with a glass of champagne and dozing off to the music of Katie Melua or Michael Buble.
For me, the fragrance is rather feminine, for me Velvet Tonka would be too soft on a man, but of course that's just my personal assessment.

In any case, Velvet Tonka has positively blown me as well as "Gris Charnel | bdk Parfums" !
Connie
Sticky almond syrup and marzipan..
I find the scent not bad, somehow almost delicious but I do not want to smell like that. Does such a statement even make sense?

The scent starts like a tornado of almond syrup. I smell almond syrup that you can mix into the coffee but so sweet that I almost get nausea from it.... Borderline..I can only take the top notes for a short time, after 10 minutes this sticky sugary sweet almond syrup note is just too much. Reminds me also of soft lukewarm marzipan... Who knows Italica by Xerjoff, knows what extreme marzipan sweetness I'm talking about. The fragrance goes easily in the same direction, unfortunately..

I'm totally missing anything feminine or anything that smells like perfume. Unfortunately, I smell neither O-flower or rose. With a very very good imagination, I might smell a velvety very dark rose sprinkled with a bunch of sugar the size of Mount Everest.... Almond syrup and marzipan runs down from Mount Everest., Pooh, heavy fare for extreme gourmand fans..

In the dry down, the scent gets a very peculiar note that reminds me of Band-Aids. Just like that silver inside plaster smell. Like aluminum etc.. This note I do not like at all, what causes this note I do not know but my husband also said that the scent smells like plaster.... The scent remains otherwise very linear. Sugar-sweet almond syrup with plaster note... Strange...

I find the fragrance despite this extreme sweetness not bad but as a body fragrance I find the simply unsuitable and absolutely not feminine. The fragrance goes strangely more in the masculine direction for me.... Sexy absolutely no.. Feminine absolutely no.. Delicious Yes but in a very strange way...
Noirwhite
...like a powdered suede bag..
.....I love this fragrance. A fragrance that has blown me away for a very long time again.
I actually do not like amaretto and marzipan also not particularly, but this is what comes to one at the beginning so. At the beginning it reminds of Amaretini or marzipan. But if you wait for 15 minutes, you get this super classy powdery suede note. And this scent really gets better every 15 minutes. I don't find it feminine. What is feminine or masculine? It always depends on who wears the fragrance and how.

I'm a BDK fan anyway. If you understand the brand, the fragrances are great. Beautiful young, noble fragrances. Velvet Tonka is a super nice autumn-winter fragrance but I can also imagine that he smells very great on a summer evening. I don't smell the rose so much, thank goodness. And even though there's no suede in it, it already smells like powdered suede. Can't describe it any other way,
Flashed
For a long time, this fragrance has flashed me again! Wow! The first few seconds I get marzipan, then creamy melted chocolate. The scent smells incredibly feminine, soft, velvety, warm, soft...I could lie down in it. I don't find it gourmand though. The rose I do not smell explicitly out, the tobacco I can easily perceive after 10min. Everything is beautifully interwoven. For the summer it's more suitable in the evening, but from autumn on I would wear it every day. This could be my new signature. I am in love!

Ka3nKa3n 10 months ago
This one was a sour disappointment. Italica with tobacco blossom, longevity is very mediocre. I got 5h and poof. Glad didn't buy it blindly

Es ist Frühling - but not today.
by Gandix
by Elenasmom
by Sumpfspinne
by Sumpfspinne

Popular by bdk Parfums

Gris Charnel (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Rouge Smoking (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Extrait) by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Pas Ce Soir by bdk Parfums Tabac Rose by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Wood Jasmin by bdk Parfums Nuit de Sable by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Eau de Parfum) by bdk Parfums Oud Abramad by bdk Parfums Citrus Riviera by bdk Parfums Sel d'Argent by bdk Parfums French Bouquet by bdk Parfums Ambre Safrano by bdk Parfums Crème de Cuir (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Tubéreuse Impériale (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Gris Charnel (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Bouquet de Hongrie (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums Rouge Smoking (Parfum pour Cheveux) by bdk Parfums