Leila Lou 2009Perfume Oil

Leila Lou (Perfume Oil) by By / Rosie Jane
Leila Lou (Perfume Oil) is a perfume by By / Rosie Jane for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesNectarine, Grass
Heart Notes Heart NotesPear blossom, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk

Submitted by FrieMo, last update on 16.10.2019.

2.5

Flavorite
Magically Delicious Hollywood Star Status Elixir. How?
A juicy nectarine and pear note that almost makes the mouth water, gives way to the utter boredom of mowing the lawn. After reading that this was the next "Child" or "Kai" of the Hollywood stars, I fell victim to a foolish notion that I should blind buy this fragrance oil. That just goes to show the power of idol worship and word-of-mouth. I am a big fan of clean musks & vanilla, jasmine is well-tolerated and I am neutral on fruity notes as long as they are not cloying, So 'what could go wrong?' Wait a minute...Grass. Straight-up, long stem fresh cut grass dominates the middle of this otherwise generic fruity floral. It adds an element of Summer elegance, super freshness and for many I am sure brings up positive childhood memories of rolling on freshly mowed lawns and giggling. For me, that potent grass note creeps up my nose like gasoline fumes and triggers an immediate desire to layer this fragrance with something like Hermes "Un Jardin Sur Nil" or my big green friend by Chloe "Eau de Fleurs Capucine" that will 'See' that herbal grassy green note and 'raise it one' as they say at the Blackjack table. Leila Lou needs something from the bar!

Leila Lou just stays flat- a juicy fruity grass clippings scent- there is no evolution occurring here and it is what it is, I guess. I can't find the musk in this to save my life, fortunately that is just an expression. What totally blows my mind about Leila Lou how it has attained cult status among the Hollywood elite as a magical elixir of some sort. This is a scent I might keep in my gym bag or give to a budding teenage Perfumista. I keep trying to wear Leila Lou as a casual daytime scent, but it just doesn't work for me. In spite of its low sillage and, presumably, non-offensive aura, I find discontent after the initial delicious juicy nectarine and peach blossom wears off. Do you ever find that you are just so annoyed with your own self for no good reason? That is how I feel when I wear this fragrance.

TruckladyTrucklady 1 year ago
An early morning shot of wheat grass, sweetned by pear nectar. I feel good, but left kinda empty. I'm going out for coffee. Seeya!