Rouge Nocturne 2014

Rouge Nocturne by By Terry
Rouge Nocturne is a popular perfume by By Terry for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-spicy. It is still in production.

Michel Almairac

Turkish damask rose, Amber, Indonesian patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.01.2021.

Kleopatra
Heavy rose scent for real full women
After Tom Ford's Noir de Noir had inspired me so much (and still does), I started to be interested in other Rose/Patchouli fragrances as well. The Rouge Nocturne looked so nice, the descriptions read well, so I bought it blind (the madness won't get any less!). In the meantime I have burned about 10 ml of it and am still puzzling how I find him now. The best thing I can do is describe what I see:

"The performance is over. She sits in her theatre wardrobe in the basement, which is illuminated only by sparse light. She has already worn the dark red, heavy velvet dress to countless performances. It needs cleaning again. She looks at herself critically in the mirror. For a long time she will not be able to play the role of the young lover credibly, because it is not only obvious from close up that she is no longer young. Even make-up can't hide that anymore. Her face shines oily. She puts on another thick layer of powder and sniffs at the bouquet of blood-red roses that an admirer - she still has some - has put on her table..."

That may sound more negative than it's meant to sound. But these are my main associations with the fragrance: dark, fully blossomed roses with their velvety leaves, heavy sweetness, red velvet and powder/make-up. I find the scent fascinating, that's why I wear it again and again - mostly in the evening, for me alone. I think it's a velvety, heavy and somehow intimate rose scent, a scent for mature, mature full women, which I can't imagine in young girls.

But there is a disturbing factor: Somehow there is a greasy note above everything, especially in the initial phase. A certain oiliness. And this note is the reason why the scent is very interesting for me, but unfortunately not the hoped for big litter and therefore not a scent I would like to perform.

And yet, on the other hand, this scent won't let me go. So I keep wearing it in my boudoir at night...

A milder POAL
This is not a knockout rose/ patch combo like portrait of a lady, nor is it a old fashioned powdery rose, but there's something about it that I find very moreish.
It's out and out rose but I get an almost buttery, comfy note and I love it.
POAL I wouldn't dream of wearing to bed or for day wear at work, but this I can and do.
The silage is not huge but the longevity is good on me.
It reminds me of a less complex, lighter version of POAL and a fantastic scent for when you want rose/amber and a light patch to wear all day, any day and for that reason I love it.

Popular By Terry

Délectation Splendide by By Terry Goutte de Mercure / Ombre Mercure by By Terry Terryfic Oud by By Terry Parti Pris by By Terry Rose Infernale by By Terry Terryfic Oud Extrême by By Terry Ombre Mercure Extrême by By Terry Soleil Piquant by By Terry Flagrant Délice by By Terry Thé Glacé - Aqua Parfum by By Terry Lumière d'Épices by By Terry Terryfic Oud L'Eau by By Terry Fruit Défendu by By Terry Rêve Opulent by By Terry Bleu Paradis by By Terry Be Mine by By Terry