Calypso Ambre by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle
Calypso Ambre is a perfume by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle for women and men and was released in 2003. The scent is animal-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Cedarwood

Submitted by Schnuffi, last update on 31.08.2015.

Lightly Spiced Patchouli Amber
Another great budget choice in the labdanum amber category, Christiane Celle CALYPSO AMBRE is smooth and buttery but also has a spicy patchouli side which makes the composition seem more of an oriental perfume than the base of a thousand others...

Like the Molinard entry in the soli-amber category, this Christiane Celle creation opens with citrus, but here I do not find it off-putting in the least. I probably do not need to have a bottle of both of these, but here they are: a lifetime's supply of patchouli-laced amber right here in my humble abode.

Amber has great wintertime appeal for me, and all the more on days such as yesterday when NEMO had us trapped indoors watching snow swirl about creating enormous drifts outside. Warm and cozy pretty much sums up this particular amber concept to me. CALYPSO AMBRE is not very sweet, so I'd say that it's completely unisex. I do not even smell the vanillin which so often pushes amber compositions close to the gourmand line.

This is not a hot toddy but a snuggly cashmere amber.

Layerable
Predominantly amber, of course, with a little floral & a lot of patch. Not as spicy or oriental as many ambers can be, and it seems dry & just a tad powdery, which suits me just fine.

Marked unisex, and I think it's solidly in the middle.

If I layered my soliflore geranium on top of this, I think it would be a dead-ringer for AP Strip! Some would love that, others would say it's just another Old Spice.

by Teolinda
by Teolinda

Popular Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle

Calypso Vanille by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Mimosa by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Violette by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Chèvrefeuille by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Bellini by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Figue by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Thé by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Gardenia by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Rose by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Tangerine / Calypso Homme by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Jasmin by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle Calypso Marine by Calypso St. Barth / Christiane Celle