Al-Kimiya - Oud et Bois (2014)

Al-Kimiya - Oud et Bois by d'Orsay

Al-Kimiya - Oud et Bois is a popular perfume by d'Orsay for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-resinous. The production was apparently discontinued.

Elemi resin, Australian sandalwood, Laotian oud, Patchouli, Cypriol, Frankincense, Labdanum, Amberwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.06.2019

The fragrance is composed exclusively of base notes. Except for use as an independent perfume it is intended for layering, meant to wear it with another perfume that is to be supplemented by the additional fragrance components.

8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Torfdoen
What do you need for a planet?
Oud et Bois is a strange perfume: it shows me its full richness only in motion.
On the back of the hand remains a dull tobacco wood impression, which a real wood mahogany furniture perhaps
imitated, but remains incredibly one-sided.
Worn on my neck, suddenly completely different facets appear to me.

On the one hand there is the veil of moderately sweet amber, which is oily in the scent stratosphere
spreads out. The parachute is pulled and one lands skillfully on chocolate dust covered earth.
Very dry, the substrate, no liquid droplets. Ah, as soon as you move, it rains some Amber
from the upper scent layers. That doesn't necessarily refresh, but contrasts nicely with the powdery chocolate dust coating,
that gets stirred up every step of the way. The earth below is patchouliweich.
I dig something into it and come across a shiny, mahogany-coloured piece of wood. Like a root it leads through the earth.
Knock knock. Hardwood.

I continue my exploration, and discover silver, gray shapes rising out of the earth.
Carefully, I approach a smaller one. It describes a gas fountain with three arms, from a hole in the ground it comes up,
like a waterfall in permanent motion and at the same time standing still. Smallest gas particles radiate into the environment.
That's Cypriol. I'll have a mouthful. Refreshing, but also dry and nasty.

I'm going to sit on a soft rise.
So, what do we have here? In summary: Silky amber outer shell, chocolate earth covered with dust, hardwood and
refreshing, not too strong cypriolush. Still pretty barren, but I like this desolation,
that doesn't even feel like one to me. Change is there, but at a different time scale.
Unfinished? I might. But some planets are.
Especially the gentle amber rain and the cypriol fountains know how to please in their simplicity.
Chocolate anyway, if not too sweet. But I can understand who doesn't want to live here. A little terraforming
will have to be for one or the other.
Maybe a thick lemon in the sky a few times a year.
Herbs and flowers should be tried. And off with the icky grey gas formations that kill every mood.

I can find out in the neighbouring Nobile 1942 system whether this is the next development stage of a fragrance body,
if I continue my reconnaissance tour on Patchouli Nobile.

Assuming I get picked up from here someday.

by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce
by Turandot
by Turandot

Popular d'Orsay

Tilleul (1995) by d'Orsay Le Dandy pour Homme by d'Orsay Tilleul Friction de Nuit by d'Orsay Arôme 3 by d'Orsay Al-Kimiya - Ambre et Musc by d'Orsay Al-Kimiya - Oud et Bois by d'Orsay Chevalier d'Orsay (Eau de Toilette) by d'Orsay Etiquette Bleue (Eau de Toilette) by d'Orsay L'Intrigante by d'Orsay Arome 3 Tradition by d'Orsay Femme de Dandy by d'Orsay Le Nomade by d'Orsay Nomade (1973) (Eau de Toilette) by d'Orsay La Dandy pour Femme by d'Orsay Tilleul pour la Nuit by d'Orsay Voulez-Vous (Parfum de Toilette) by d'Orsay Eau Fringante by d'Orsay Intoxication by d'Orsay Divine by d'Orsay Mystère by d'Orsay