Friction Him by French Connection / FCUK
Friction Him is a perfume by French Connection / FCUK for men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-spicy. The production was apparently discontinued.

AmberAmber
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli
RumRum
CoconutCoconut

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 31.08.2020.

Landlord
All colours together result in dark brown
Yes, I know, friends, you shouldn't do it, just like that, out of boredom, while your sweetheart is still looking for the perfect eyebrow pencil to spray on at the drugstore. But occasionally one discovers a surprising surprise in the low-price sector. And "Friction Him" seemed the most bearable of all the awful things on the shelf on paper.

On the skin, though... phew... there is such a... perhaps you know the... such a male cheap herb note, whose recipe is obviously passed on from one perfume manufacturer to the next and always comes across terribly? Where somehow everything is inside and it always seems to smell of the same green spice? Quasi the "Maggi"-extrat for the skin... So no matter what you cook, every dish tastes exactly the same when you let Maggi in...? Yes, do you know that? Oh, no matter, I vertrau´ just so that you know what I mean and now also what "Friction Him" smells like...

When I then read the scents at home, I already had to laugh very much... There's really everything in it: leather and fruit, maritime and flowers and spices. I remember my early attempts at painting, where I mixed all the colours of the paint box together and thought I would certainly create a new mad super colour - and yet always only dark brown came out...

Yes, well, okay, I could have been warned, "friction" also means friction, tension or in the figurative sense also disagreement. But the only thing that stretched were the nose wrinkles of the Landlady at the sniff test and the discrepancy that she kept pushing my sprayed test hand far away from her...

The Man sitting on the Cliff
I'm not fully on board with those reviewers who liken FCUK Friction with A&F Fierce. I own both, yet I don't get too many similarities between the two of them. Although they could be placed into the same cluster or family, and share the same vibe, yet they are no substitute for one another. A&F Fierce makes me think of a man walking in the forest after a rain, whereas FCUK Friction is more of a men sitting on the Cliff at dawn. Indeed, I see FCUK Friction more similar to CK Eternity.

The overall impression of the scent is aquatic, aromatic, musky but cool. The primary scent notes I get in the opening are sea water, which is pleasant and soothing and smelling like the coast, lavender in all its aromatic strength, and cardamon with all its minty, balsamic, and fresh spicy facets. The overall opening is decorated with a tad of zesty mandarin orange, which does not make this a citrus scent, yet add some light and bright to it.

About half an hour later the scent gets a more greenish character, the herbal geranium leaves and the boozy rum add their power to the composition. Regrettably, the most intriguing note that I do not detect, no matter how hard I chase its growth, is the coconut or black coconut, at least not in a clear and distinctive way like in a tropical drink, for instance. But that could be my bad, other people could certainly smell it.

The perfume conclusively finishes with the steady leadership of musk, here present in its animal and seductive shape, diluted with bittersweet amber, a gentle yet manly touch of patchouli leaves, and delicate leather, not the harsh smell of boots and saddles, rather the refined smell of suede jacket.

FCUK Friction is both a springtime and a summertime scent that holds up well during the heat of the day. The scent hugs closely to the body and possesses moderate longevity, so it can be worn safely at work, I bet no one will complain. Very appealing. I bought it at discount price, and it is worth so much more than I paid. I love this one and it gets me a lot of compliments.

CU
-Elysium

Popular French Connection / FCUK

Friction Her by French Connection / FCUK FCUK Him by French Connection / FCUK FCUK Her by French Connection / FCUK Summer Him by French Connection / FCUK Eau de FCUK by French Connection / FCUK FCUK 3 Her by French Connection / FCUK Late Night Man by French Connection / FCUK Late Night Woman by French Connection / FCUK Connect Her by French Connection / FCUK FCUK 3 Him by French Connection / FCUK Friction Pulse for Him by French Connection / FCUK Friction Pulse for Her by French Connection / FCUK Eau de Toilette No. 2 for Men by French Connection / FCUK French Connection by French Connection / FCUK Pop! Music for Her by French Connection / FCUK FCUK Anniversary Edition Him by French Connection / FCUK FCUK Anniversary Edition Her by French Connection / FCUK FCUK Urban by French Connection / FCUK Sensual by French Connection / FCUK Luscious by French Connection / FCUK